Ame Damnee Residential District

Shiva & Morrigan Strange
"O-okay.. Bye.." Shiva whispered, barely audible at all as a mixture of fear and shyness swept through her mind. "Hold on a second. What's the sanctuary? I've never heard of it. Besides, we never caught your name." Morrigan said sternly. Although she wasn't planning on making friends with this woman, it couldn't hurt if they exchanged identifications. "I'm Morrigan." "Sh-Shiva.." they said, one after the other. Morrigan's voice sounding faintly deeper as she tried to maintain control of the situation.

Suprisingly, Zaraa stopped in her tracks just before she went out of the alleyway. She turned around and gazed at Morrigan, unflinching. Were they changing their mind or was she simply a fool for believing she could teleport them to The Sanctuary? She dismissed her thoughts. "Zaraa," she responded nonchalantly. "The Sanctuary is a place of healing. It's run by Xena Al'vyon, a well-known healer in Abaddon."

Shiva & Morrigan Strange
"Mm.." "Never heard of her, or this place you're talking about... Where is it? And how do we get there?" They said, Shiva crouching down and hugging her knees gently while Morrigan remained on her feet. "Zara." Morrigan added in, finding it polite to use her name, given they had only met recently and pronouncing it fery quickly as though she were in a rush. "Are you going there anyway? As much as I don't like to ask for help.. I might be nice to have a guide." She suggested, her cold, hard eyes softening slightly as she spoke the words. "We won't be trouble.. right, Shiva?" "Mhmm.."

Zaraa felt a small, yet strange sense of duty take over when the girls asked if she could take them to the sanctuary. She wasn't necessarily going back there, but it didn't hurt to hop in and out of the area outside of the sanctuary. "You're not in trouble nor will you be for going there. Would it be a bother if I teleported us three there? I know you weren't exactly fond of me popping in here without any explanation, but perhaps I can compensate for any worry or fear I may have caused you both," she replied in a down to earth tone. "You'll get taken care of." She pulled out some coins from her small purse and held them out to Morrigan and Shiva. "Afterwards, maybe you can get a nice meal and a place to stay for a couple nights at the two talisman's tavern. It's not much, but at least it's something."

@Trust

Shica & Morrigan Strange
"That.. Would be nice." Morrifan mumbled in embarrassment, about as close to thankful as she was going to get after watching some stranger kick her sister. "Yeah.." Shiva agreed, pondering where this Sanctuary was and what it could foretell for the sisters. They'd been together the whole time, and had always relied on eachother for support and noone else, it felt strange for them to accept outside help. They packed their belongings, well, Morrigan did, and awaited for this mysterious figure to take them to the "sanctuary" somehow. They weren't afraid, if it were a trick, Morrigan would just make them all sleep and they coukd scurry off without a bother. What's the worst that could happen?

"Latch onto my arm tight and don't let go," Zaraa spoke calmly, putting her coins back in her purse when Morrigan and Shiva didn't take it. "It's the only way to get there. You'll see a flash of light and then the scenery will change. We're going to land at the entrance. Simply ask for Xena and let her know what happened." She let out a deep breath; She'd leave just as quickly as she came. Zaraa closed her eyes and envisioned the sanctuary; no door, small building. A flash of light and suddenly, the scenery changed as intended.

Lucy Lovelace
Lucy the mercenary wobbled her way through the cold, empty streets of the residential district, her lips whistling a distorted tune as she seemed to giggle every few steps and whatever her mind found funny. She had just left the bar and had drunk as much as she could, now she couldn't even walk straight. Her hat lay haphazardly on her head and formal, noble, blood-stained clothes were no ruffled and messed up. She looked like as much of a drunk as anyone. "I'm the bes-... Luk at meee~, she laughed, her eyes tearing up. She felt silly after being so serious for so long with that strange bar-tender.

Kaleo - Residential District
Kaleo had shifted back into his human form once he reached the residential district. His head was held high and his shoulders were back, his heart full of pride. Finally, Fear had slipped up; or rather Phobos as he had revealed his name to be. Regardless, the beast had let things get too close to home. He might know everything about Kaleo, but the tables had turned now. With a name, there was bound to be information on him. Maybe, just maybe, Kaleo could find something to help him be rid of Fear - Phobos - once and for all. And all it took was a couple of beefed up idiots. Kaleo's mouth twitched into a smile. The mighty beast that wore my crown, scared at the sight of a grisly frown. Well now there's a new man who's entered the town, and you'll have to watch as your throne is torn down.

Today was a day to celebrate. Normally, Kaleo didn't use his powers while there was still light out. People's fears were always heightened in the dark. However, the sun was going down now, and he couldn't wait to rub this victory in the face of his enemy. So he walked down the street proudly, keeping his eyes open for a worthwhile subject to remove from Phobos' control. This was a gift worth sharing, after all.

Allanah
Residential District

Allanah walked through the Residential District almost dejectedly, every step feeling like a dead weight. She went towards her meager house, opened the door, and plopped herself on the bed almost immediately, feeling horrible. So, so horrible. She buried her face in her pillow, her long hair falling all around her, and finally she sighed, sitting up and staring at the mirror in the far wall. She reached towards it as she murmured under her breath, as if talking to her reflection. "You... wretched, manipulative creature... I'll never trust you. Never again." It was a reminder.

Her red eyes reflected fear. To see it in this face was very... unnatural and unsettling. Suddenly she coughed once again, and when she stared at her hands there was the sight that has almost become familiar now. Blood. She hugged herself uneasily. She has no idea... how much time she has left.

Sighing heavily, she stood up, opening her closet and taking out her most prized possession. Her violin... the one her father gave her. She made a small smile as she took it out, running a hand on the finished wood... Father, give me strength. She went out of her house and flew, standing up on her house's roof as she looked up at the setting sun. She braced her hand on the neck and her other grasped the bow. Solemnly, she closed her eyes... and played.

The sound of the violin resounded through the area, some people looking up with a smile, quite used to her playing in these times of the day. The sound was sad and melancholic... a yearning for the lost days, a melody filled with so much and regret and sorrow. Throughout her time since that awful day, playing her heart out might have been the only thing that's kept her sane.

Last edited:
Kaleo let out a soft sigh as listened to the screams of the man he left behind. Another soul, freed from the torment of the one that thought he was untouchable. But Kaleo wasn't content to just leave it at one tonight. No, he planned to spread his anti-venom to everyone he came in contact with tonight, and so he didn't have time to sit and watch the visions each individual had. A tap on the shoulder, a nudge as he passed them by; it was more than enough. He bumped into a woman and walked away just as she froze in terror. A few minutes later, another, and another. Kaleo left a trail of fear behind him, but it was not his own. It was the price to be paid for all the pain that Phobos had caused him; but the fruits were sweet. Freedom, not just from their fears, but from his own. And revenge. The sweetest of them all.

As Kaleo continued along his way, his heart felt lighter and lighter with each touch. But his mind had all but blocked out their screams of pain and anguish, their emotions completely lost on him. Eventually, however, the lycan slowed as he heard a faint, but familiar sound. Music. Kaleo paused. It was that violin again; he'd heard it every once in a while when he'd come around here. It'd been so long though...

As if entranced by the mournful strains, Kaleo began to follow the melody to its source. He shifted to his wolf form as he continued down the street, weaving through the labyrinth of alleys between him and the music. As opportunity allowed, he found himself on the rooftops; it was faster than the streets. Eventually, his paws slowed as he reached the violinist. He sat down on the roof of the building opposite to her and curled his tail around his large paws as his ears perked up in recognition. Kaleo remained that way, content to listen silently as Allanah bared her soul in song. When she finished, he shifted back into his human form, still sitting with his legs crossed and a thoughtful expression on his face.

Had I known you were the Violinist last time we met it would not have been something I would soon forget.

Allanah
Residential District

Allanah was so enthralled into her music that she barely showed any care for anything else. That is, until she heard the tug on her mind, someone reaching out to her, this time so much closer, and then there was a presence behind her-- in a swift motion she looked behind her with a serious, almost piercing expression on her face, her red eyes as sharp and untamed.

"Who's there?" she asked coldly, instinctively, but then she saw him, sitting with a thoughtful expression on his face, the man she met on the library from earlier, and her expression softened significantly, acknowledging his presence. "Kaleo..." she sighed as she held her head and made an awkward chuckle. "You scared me. I thought it was... someone else."

Last edited:
Kaleo smiled slightly at her reaction. For once, he wasn't actually trying to scare anyone and he managed to do it anyway. Old habits die hard, apparently. Or... Not-so-old habits.

You often get visitors on the rooftops at night? If so, security's a bit of an oversight. Kaleo shifted so his legs now dangled over the edge of the building he was sitting on. He peered down thoughtfully into the dark depths beneath him. I didn't know you played. Such a sorrowful serenade.

Allanah
Residential District

The girl's eyes softened as she sat her violin down and sat beside him, dangling her feet down as well. She held her violin very gently, showing subconsciously how much she treasured the instrument, as she looked up the setting sun, the sky bathed in an warm, orange light. "I didn't know you're quite the poet either. The way you play with words..." she cracked a smile. "I've been playing since I was little. These days sad songs are all I could play... I think." she glanced at Kaleo curiously. "Seeing you here again makes me curious on why we haven't met sooner, though. Well, to be fair... I guess the the city is huge, after all."

Last edited:
Kaleo didn't move when Allanah sat down; he continued staring into the dark alley, though the sun illuminated his features with a soft, orange glow. Sad days are good sometimes I suppose, so long as you aren't trapped within its throes. They have a habit of dragging you down and holding you under until you drown. Kaleo blinked and looked at Allanah, his own eyes hold a bit of sadness buried inside as well. I don't usually try to make myself seen. My company's generally... Less than serene. He gave her a small, rueful smile.

Allanah
Residential District

Trapped... huh. she stared at her hands uneasily. She was trapped, quite literally. At this point, it will be a miracle for her to ever break free. She was not even struggling to breathe anymore. Her only battle, her only hope, to to drag the person drowning her down into the depths as well.

She looked back at Kaleo and she gave him a gentle smile as she shrugged. "I don't know... I find your company soothing enough." their eyes met, and she found herself feeling a strange sense of kinship as she saw the sadness buried inside them. He had such expressive eyes... She cleared her throat and looked away.

As soon as she did, a woman caught her eye. She was walking through the streets, stumbling, giggling, evidently drunk. Allanah furrowed her eyebrows. Surely the woman must have come from the tavern, and since drunk people walk through the streets of Abaddon pretty frequently anyways, it shouldn't be of her concern... except it was. In a neraby alley she could see a couple of men eyeing her, and Allanah had lived here long enough to know that as chaotic Abaddon is at the surface, it was an entirely different monster come nighttime. She glanced at the setting sun, frowning. Abaddon was not called the City of the Damned for nothing.

Suddenly, Allanah stood up, carefully opening her wings to fly down the roof, folding it once her feet touched the ground. Despite her natural instinct to just fly directly at the drunk woman, she still could not control her faery dust well, it would not do good for people in the area to suddenly get their flesh or internal organs get torn apart from her carelessness. She gave Kaleo one uneasy look. "I... I just need to take care of something." and with that, she ran, towards the woman, aiming to get her into her house to rest for a while at least, since she does not think she could really drive the men away if it comes to it. As she approached her she put a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She glanced at the men, still there, staring at them, and she regarded the drunk woman uneasily. "Hey, uhm.. Miss. I... uh... would you come with me for a moment?"

Without waiting for an answer (as she doubted the woman could answer coherently anyways, given her state), she started dragging her to the direction of her home.

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"Whyy.. Helo fine laydee... I- well! You're verry forward aren't ya?" Lucy giggled at the oncoming woman before she was suddenly being pulled away for some onknown reason. At first, it had seemed funny, but her drunken mind suddenly began running through various hypothetical situations. Why is she dragging me? She looks nice, Oh! Were those guys back there? We should go say hi! She thought, letting out a rather sharp lunge back in their direction. "Therezz guys! Let's chat wi' 'em lady!" Lucy giggled, suddenly tugging this stranger with her back towards them, her body strength rather strong thanks to the vast amount of fighting she had done through all her days as a mercenary "come onn~ It'll bee funn~" she smiled, care-free and simply wanting to have a good time, herbalance not exactly going well and making it mighty tough to pull the stranger her with her without falling over. "Hey boyzz~" she grinned, bowing with her head slightly. "I'm Luzy.. And this here is Lady!" She called, her mouth split open in a smile.

After Allanah stood up, Kaleo curiously followed her gaze until he saw what the problem was. Ah, it was those kind of men. The lycan looked back at the girl and blinked when she suddenly flew down from the roof and landed on the ground.

"I... I just need to take care of something," she said.

He watched her for a few seconds before he slipped off the roof himself, landing lightly on the ground without a problem, and followed after her.

In the alley, the two men watched with humor as the drunk woman dragged the young faery back toward them. "Lucy, huh?" one of them said with a grin. "Well, it seems like it's our lucky night, now isn't it?" The man looked toward his companion, who chuckled in reply.

Kaleo approached shortly after where he paused only a few feet away. It didn't take a genius to know what the two men had in mind; their expressions said it all. Though the drunk woman looked like she could probably handle herself just fine on an average day, in her intoxicated state, he wagered that wasn't likely. Kaleo wasn't usually in the business of defending others, but in this case - he glanced at Allanah - he would make an exception. He strode toward the men, his eyes cold.

"Oh, who's this? Come to join the party? Sorry kid, but you're not really my type," one of the men snickered. "I know a guy, though. Maybe you could have some fun after all." He shrugged.

The other man didn't even have a chance to say anything as Kaleo suddenly rammed his shoulder full-force into the one who talked, sending the man flying a good three feet or so. Apparently, he was much stronger than he looked. Kaleo caught himself before he stumbled and grabbed the other man's arm, hurling him in the same direction as his friend. The lycan drew his dagger as he began to stalk toward them. Stay back, he told Allanah, not taking his eyes off his prey. Without waiting for her response, as soon as Kaleo was a good distance from the two woman he pressed the button on the end of the dagger. Black smoke instantly began to pour out of the hilt of the dagger, pooling on the ground like a thick layer of wispy tar. The smoke began to drift toward the two men, its tendrils reaching toward them like outstretched hands. Hopefully, the two women would heed his warning and keep their distance. The dagger wasn't called "Mirage" for nothing.

Within a few seconds, the smoke's toxins filled the air around the two men, and their eyes widened with fear. What it was they saw, Kaleo didn't know for sure, but whatever it was, it would be absolutely terrifying.

Kaleo usually did his best to relieve the suffering brought by Fear, but once in a while, there were those who deserved to feel its terrible embrace. And those people deserved to stay that way.

Allanah
Residential District

As soon as the woman started talking to the man, Allanah panicked. This idiot! she thought in alarm, as so she felt so relieved when Kaleo showed up, fighting the men off, and as soon as he told her to stay back, she nodded, taking a step back as she watched the scene unfold, her hands clasped on the woman's wrist to keep her from rushing forward. She did not know what happened to the men as they got caught in the black smoke, and she did not want to find out. As she stared at their eyes widening in horror, however, she once again felt strangely energized. Is it fear or thrill? It was somewhere between the two, similar to the feeling when her and Kaleo first met, the sick, sick, sense of excitement. She bit her lip and looked away, a sense of revelation coming to her, a sneaking suspicion. Why..? she reached out to her, hoping somewhere out there, she would answer.

No response.

Allanah felt herself burn with embarrassment and shame for ever bothering. She hated how much she cared, how much she wanted to know... to get it. Either way, it was a good thing she has no energy to spare in answering her question anymore. Good riddance.

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"Oh don't be such a spoil-sport!" Lucy said angrily before devolving into giggles, her face developing a soft pink hue. "W'a's wrong wif looking for a good time out?!" She grumbled, as she watched the two men flee in terror of whatever that black smoke was. She looked at the woman next to her who was still gripping her hand. "Who are you?" She asked simply, her eyes looking deeply into hers and displaying a rather soft, sincere stature. "I love you." She said, before hugging the woman whom she barely knew.

Kaleo watched as the two men contined to panic because of Mirage's effects. One of them screamed and ran off to who knows where; Kaleo didn't care. The other, however, didn't move. His fear had him frozen to the spot, rendered immobile by his own psychosis save for his violent trembling. Kaleo's eyes narrowed when he saw that the man would be staying put, and his hand clutched the dagger tightly until his knuckles turned white. Should he finish the job? He hovered there over the strange man. It would be so easy... Just one quick stab and it would be over.

Do it, Phobos purred quietly. Send that rat to Hell where he belongs.

Kaleo didn't move. I am not your puppet. With that, he pressed the button on the end of the dagger once more and took a step back as the smoke filed back into the hilt of Mirage. He turned around and started to head back to Allanah and the drunk girl.

Fine. If you won't do it...

There was wet, sickening sound. Kaleo looked back slowly. There, lying on the ground, was the man, his hands clutching a knife that he had impaled into his own throat. His blood poured out of the fresh wound and pooled on the ground beneath him. His eyes had glazed over, though his expression was still one of sheer terror. Kaleo gazed at him for a few moments before sheathing the dagger and turning around again. He returned once more to the two women, his expression unreadable.

Back