Ame Damnee Residential District

Allanah
Residential District

"I love you."

Eh?

Allanah only squeaked in surprise as the woman bent over and hugged her tightly, the smell of alcohol in her was rather overwhelming. She was not sure what to do, what to say in that moment, it was obvious the girl was so drunk she did not recognize people anymore, nor understand proper public conduct. She uneasily patted the woman's back. "O-Okay... Now, miss, can I just ask where you live? Do you have a relative or friend to take care of you? Abaddon is dangerous at night after all, it would not do well for someone like you to be here alone in the streets." Especially not someone as crazy careless and idiotic. she decided to leave that one out.

She glanced over as Kaleo walked towards them, uneasiness in her expression as she tried to read his eyes. His expression was unreadable, however, so instead she just gave him a smile and talked to him telephatically. You just saved my hide. I did not know what to do... Thank you. But... she glanced at the corpse of the man who had killed himself, that terrified look etched on his face. Despite already having seen a lot of people die, she still could not shake the uneasiness that comes to staring at an actual body. What exactly did you do to them... if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"Where do I lif..? Oh! I'm a traveller! No relatives either, haven't seen them in years and I'm really hoping they died painfully!" Lucy giggled haphazardly, releasing the woman and peering behind her at the now-deceased man with a hole in their throat. "Oh my God.. That's.. so Hot.." she sighed dreamily, her face flushing a bright pink at the sight of all the blood. "Hey there mister.. Did you do that..? 'Cause if you did, you're probably second hottest man around! First being that guy over there.." She said, her face having gone a severe pink as she wiped a small amount of drool from her mouth, pointing at the corpse with her other. "I'm zuh Lovely Lady Lucy Lovelace! Local merc and killer! A pressure to make your service." She grinned, wobbling slightly and performing a variety of exaggerated movements​

Kaleo - Residential District
Kaleo looked back at the body of the dead man when Allanah asked what he did to him. What had he done to them? He felt his stomach twist into a knot. He had failed is what he did; given Phobos another foothold. He was supposed to keep the beast reigned in, not simply allow it to consume people like that just because he got a little angry. Kaleo turned back to Allanah, guilt resting in the pit of his stomach like a ball of hot lead. I gave them over to the beast, then stood and watched as he had his feast.

Upon hearing Lucy's "compliments," Kaleo shifted his gaze to her, his expression cold. Can we leave her now?

Allanah
Residential District

The girl shifted uneasily at his question, with the drunk woman's rambling on and on and on, she really does not want to leave her alone. What's the point of them saving her now if she's just gonna run into the next group of shady guys she sees? I... want to take her to my home... at least until she sobers up. If its a bother to you, I understand if you want to leave now. I'll take care of her. She gave him a huge smile, as she took the woman's hands and started dragging her again back at the direction of her home. Kaleo... this beast you speak of... what is it? You don't have to answer but... I'll just be around if you feel troubled with something. After all, me being able to hear your thoughts... I believe there's a reason for everything happening. Though I may not be able to help much... she hesitated. The look of guilt in his eyes had her worried. Uhm... I'm being too nosy again, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"You two are quiet, aren't yees?" Lucy commented after the strange silence in which noone said a word, breaking that quiet into nothingness with her drunken words. "I'm an young woman and I'm not even married yet.. This just ain't fair.." she sighed suddenly, lovesick at the sight of the cokd glare from the man she had complimented. " 'S that so wrong?" She asked quietly. "You two go have what fun you both want.. I'll be grand." She groaned after a further bit of silence and stumbled away a few steps. "Now where the fuck did that bar go.. It was like., right here.." she asked herself on unsteady feet, hopping slightly and barely able to keep her balance until she simply.. couldn't, and feel flat on her face and burst into maniacal laughter, which delved into loveless sobbing before returning to laughter. She felt messed up and had no damn idea what to feel as the world spun around in its distorted ways. "I need ta' kill somethn'" she mumbled under her breath, rolling onto her back and staring up at the soft sky. "I coulda lived up there." She lamented, pointing upwards.

Kaleo looked at Allanah in surprise at her suggestion. A... Reason? All his life he'd been fighting against Fear, thinking it was simply the curse he was forced to bear. Never once did it occur to him that there might actually be a purpose in all of this; that all the suffering hadn't been in vain. His expression changed to one of hesitation, and he glanced away. It hadn't occurred to him that he would have a conversation with someone one day either, and yet here they were. A reason...

He looked down at the intoxicated woman, who was now having a drunken fit on the ground, going on about... Well, nothing important. Still, the lycan reached down and grabbed her arm before hoisting her to her feet, making sure not to let go until he was sure she wouldn't just topple over again. Afterward, he took a step back, though he was still prepared to catch her if she did happen to fall again. Kaleo looked at Allanah once more, his eyes bright. I go my whole life without a word, yet she thinks her question will be deterred. I never had the option to answer 'til now, so give me a moment to figure out how.

He looked away again for a few seconds before his eyes narrowed with defiance.

His name is Phobos.

Last edited:
Allanah
Residential District

His name is Phobos.
he replied, and she perked up a little, her eyes showing unmistakable signs of interest. Phobos.... huh? Then... He has an actual name? He speaks to you? she asked curiously. She knew how unsettling it could be having someone in your head. She had lived with her for a few years now. On the other hand, the name sounded strangely familiar... did she read it from somewhere? She could not remember. For now, she decided to let it go.

Putting her attention to the woman, she gave her a patient smile as Kaleo hoisted her up, holding her hand once again, humoring her. "I see. But--- I really want to uhh... show you my house! Right! Let's be friends, miss drunken lady. Now please come with us."

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
"Take me to your home 'en.." she grumbled after being pulled to her feet, staggering slightly afterwards as the woman took her hand and began leading her someplace. "This better not be a trap because I'm more than capable uvv fighting!" She growled, shuffling after with her plain yet dangerously sharp sword resting in its scabbard. "Why ain't he talking?" She asked, referring to the silent Kaleo that had yet to speak a word to her. "I haven't done nothing wrong.. have I..?" She pondered, swaying as she walked with them both. "The 'ell is with this world.. full of weirdos.. Not that I'm an exception." She sighed, trying to make small talk. "What're you two doing here anyway? Only people 'round these parts are drunkards, murderers and those 'bout to die, or the other ones that are just there for no reason at all." She mumbled, fitting into two and possibly three of those categories, not that she would say no to death.

Kaleo stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked with them. He does a lot more than speak to me... He resisted the urge to scratch at the scars on his arms again. Though, not that you'd be able to see. His relationship with the beast was a complicated one; not something that could be summed up in a few simple sentences. Though he still wasn't sure why the girl was so interested in his little problem. It couldn't possibly be concern; they barely knew each other. Kaleo glanced at Allanah again curiously.

As Lucy started talking again, he gave her an unimpressed look when she threatened them. She could hardly stand, and here she was saying she could fight them if need be.

"I haven't done anything wrong... have I?" she said.

Kaleo looked forward again with a shake of his head. You opened your mouth, to start, though I could care less about what you have to impart. He blinked when the thought came out without him even meaning for it to. He was not accustomed to censoring his own thoughts, and so no doubt he had said that to Allanah. Kaleo looked at her, a little embarressed. Sorry, that... wasn't for you. My thoughts are not easy to subdue...

Allanah
Residential District

Drunkards, murderers and those about to die. She certainly fits in one of those descriptions. Sighing heavily, she dragged the woman until they were in front of her house. At one point she laughed at the slight embarrassment in Kaleo's expression, quite endeared. So you do that all the time even if others don't hear you? she asked. He does not seem to be too eager to talk about the beast that has been plaguing him, but she kind of understood, neither would she be too eager to share her own hardships. She opened the door of the house, smiling a little sheepishly. "I'm sorry, its small... but come on in."

The house was very simple, almost barren in its furnitures, but clean. She led the drunk woman to the bedroom for her to lie on the bed for a while. "You... uhh... should sleep for a while." she told her, not sure if she'll listen at all. But she is pissed drunk, she just hoped she'll get knocked out the moment her head hits the pillow. She glanced back at Kaleo, very curious to know more about him, but knowing it was not polite to pry. Twiddling her thumbs together, she smiled at him."Should I prepare you guys... something to eat?" she asked, glancing at the two of them. "I... actually have... some cookies an workmate gave me... if you two are hungry." her smiled turned a little shy. "It's a lot though, so I don't think I can eat it all by myself anyways."

Last edited:
Lucy Lovelace
Lucy shrugged off her jacket and pulled off her hat and tossed her sheath sword on the ground, revealing a white, faintly see-through shirt and long, pale-blond hair after untying it. "Thank you for all-l-lowing me into your home." She said, her tongue tripping over the l's as she moved onto the bed. "No thank you, lady. I do not wish to throw up for you see, I may have drunken a little too much" Lucy admitted. "Thanks for your hos.. pit.. tality.." She yawned, staring at the blank ceiling with her hair strewn about her, and began fiddling with it delicately as her soft eyes watched nothing.

Last edited:
Kaleo - Residential District - Allanah's Home
"So you do that all the time even if others don't hear you?" she had said. Kaleo blinked. He had never really considered it before.

I suppose it reminds me I still have a voice, even if it's not others' method of choice. Or... Were you talking about the rhymes...?

Kaleo followed Allanah and Lucy into her home, looking around with round, curious eyes. Perhaps it could have been described as empty, but he didn't see it that way, especially since he himself had never had a home. Everything here was more than he'd ever had. He stood back as Allanah took the drunk girl into her room to rest, but perked up at the offer of food.

I'm not hungry, though, to that offer I can't say no.

Allanah
Residential District

She shrugged as she gave Kaleo a small smile. The way you speak is certainly interesting, I will admit. As someone like me who lives everyday amongst tons of books, I find it... endearing. She replied as she started walking out the room, seeing that the drunk woman--- Lucy--- seems to got herself comfortable in her bed. Hopefully she won't throw up in the mattress... That would suck. she thought with a chuckle, as she ushered Kaleo to hurry up and get out of the room as well.

As soon as they were outside, she muttered aloud before closing the door. "Miss Lucy, we'll just be outside, so just call out if you need anything. You can rest there for as long as you'd like--- I don't mind. Just... try not to break anything." she said as she closed the door, sighing in relief once she did, before turning back to Kaleo. "I'm sorry for the bother, Kaleo. But thank you for helping me get her to safety." she made a rather sheepish smile as she tried to smooth her messy hair. "Take a seat?" she uncertainly asked. Her house was so small that the living and kitchen area was basically the same room anyway, so she just went to the "kitchen" to get the cookies she promised, her right hand instinctively taking a small vegetable knife without her immediate notice, as she walked towards him her left hand holding the bagful of treats. "To be honest, I think my workmate had a little too much fun making these. Because---"

Suddenly, a look of alarm passed her face as she caught the glint of metal in the corner of her eye. She glanced back at her own right hand as soon as it had started moving on its own---

No, stop.

---
the memory of a shrill laugh as her hand aimed to stab Kaleo on the chest---

STOP.

The cold metal hit flesh. Blood trickled down on the floor, the bag of cookies discarded in the corner of the room. Allanah's expression was sour and pained as she looked up at him, her eyes incredibly sad as she asked.

"Are you... alright?"

The girl took a shaky breath as she removed her left hand from his chest, the knife still embedded in it in her last pathetic attempt to protect him, her own blood painting the floor. She tugged the knife out of her hand and tossed it somewhere away, her eyes not quite meeting his as she held her right hand tightly with her left as if afraid it'll rebel once again. She didn't know what to think, didn't know what to say, all that she knew is the feeling of guilt that she was not able to stop it.

She's meddling... again.

"I-I'm sorry." she said, as she felt a feeling of dread settle in her gut.

Last edited:
Kaleo - Allanah's Home
There was a sharp intake of breath when Allanah moved to stab him in the chest. Kaleo looked at her, his eyes wide before glancing down only to see that she had stabbed her own hand instead.

"Are you... Alright?" she said.

Kaleo took a step back, his face confused, wary, and yes, a little hurt.

There was suddenly a roar of laughter in his head. She tried to kill you! More laughter. I guess when they called Abaddon the City of the Damned they weren't kidding. She's as crazy as you are! Or maybe you just attract a certain type.

Kaleo gritted his teeth. The last thing he wanted right now was to talk to Phobos, but it seemed that the beast could sense whenever a hint of fear ran through his veins and he came running.

Look at you, scared stiff because of a little knife. You really should have taken my suggestion earlier and taken care of her when you had the chance; you never would have found yourself in this position.

Shut up.

Kaleo didn't move when she spoke again. An apology? She was scared. Not of him, but of herself.

Maybe I got to her too; what do you think? Maybe you're not my only little puppet. So many strings, yet when you pull one it all comes
crashing down.

Stop.

You always did wonder how far my reach stretched. Well, now you know.
Phobos snickered. You've been fighting a losing battle this whole time. You can't fight Fear, Kaleo, you can only ignore it. But it always comes back to collect sooner or later.

Kaleo lowered his head and closed his eyes tight, his hand curling into a fist.
No, no you can't do that, you don't have that kind of power.

Don't I? It seems to work fine on you. But go ahead, keep living in your dream world! Maybe you'll be so busy there that you won't see the next time she tries to stab you in the chest. You'll be doing everyone a favor really; the world could use a few less daydreamers.

I said SHUT UP!

Without warning, Kaleo drew Mirage from its sheath, slid up the sleeve on his arm, and slashed. As the blood trailed down his arm his head snapped up to look at Allanah, his eyes wild, desperate.
What are you? Does he have you?!

Allanah
Residential District

She could feel the fear and alarm practically emanating off of him, the murmurs she had heard the last time seemingly a little more distinct now, and while she could not exactly understand the words she knew it was taunting him. Phobos. When Kaleo asked her what exactly she is, he sounded very desperate. She didn't know what to say. Should she tell him everything? She looked up at him with a sad expression, murmuring. "It's not just you who find living everyday a struggle. I have inner demons of my own." She looked into his eyes, the panic and evident in it, and she sighed , looking resigned, almost as if this incident was not the first of its kind. "Don't flatter yourself Kaleo. I've been like this long before I met you. I'm sorry."

Look... he hates you now.

She didn't have to say anything else, that small statement was enough to make her feel horrible, for tears to form at the corner of her eyes. She would not blame Kaleo, she was a freak, a result of her naivety, an existence born from her mistakes. Her lips shivered, but she bit it as she looked away.

Last edited:
Kaleo - Allanah's Home
No, no, no, no, no... Kaleo closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. He sliced the skin on his arm once more and opened his eyes, staring at the wound with a hard gaze.

Is. It. Phobos.

Allanah
Residential District

She gave him a look, wondering what the beast has taunted him about. She took a deep breath as she closed her eyes, remembering her, the stranger in the forest, her red eyes, her witty remarks, the fun of spending time with her--- she was the best friend Allanah never had.

Not taking her eyes off of him, she replied. "No. I doubt my situation is very similar to yours. I..." she hesitated, as she glanced at the mirror, her very own reflection, She could almost imagine her putting her finger on her lips and winking. It's our little secret, Al.

She sighed. "I... I can't tell you the details. But believe me when I say I have no connection of any sort to Phobos. Except from reading his name in passing... in the few books in the library..." she trailed off.

Last edited:
Kaleo - Allanah's Home
Kaleo heaved a sigh of relief, dropping his arms down to his sides, the dagger still clutched in his hand. So Phobos had lied. Of course he had, he always lied. There weren't others like him; he already knew that. There was only one Phobos. Everyone else were just his victims... Kaleo looked at Allanah, his eyes calm again. Sorry...

Hi'dric Varon Normell-Outside of Allanah's House
It wasn't hard to track Kaleo down due to the fact he recognized the blood of the boy that he forced himself to remember if he ever needed to search him out for anything. While this was the intent behind that, it still served him well as he stood outside of a quaint little house. Wearing his white-haired glamour, he knocked on the door a polite smile. Once the door opened, he gave a polite bow and put on a smooth apologetic face as he kept his mind and body clear of all negative energy on the off-chance Kaleo could pick up on it.. "Sorry to bother you, I've been trying to look for a friend of mine. Kaleo is his name. I was informed that he was in this general area but...I've just had the hardest time finding him and I feel horrible bothering you and your neighbors for such a trivial thing but I would really like to find him. I've been needing to talk to him all day."

Allanah Frey
Residential District - Allanah's Residence

Sorry. Kaleo said in his thoughts. Allanah blinked. She had not expected him to say that, and she felt almost embarrassed as she bowed. "I'm the one who's supposed to say sorry!" she said, her eyes looking guilty and regretful. "I---"

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The girl seemed to jump upright slightly, panicking a little, before she went to answer it. She opened the door just a fraction, keeping her bloody left hand behind her as she gave the visitor an uncertain smile. "Kaleo? Ah, he certainly is here..." she trailed off, glancing at Kaleo behind her, and then to the man again. Talk to Kaleo? But... she glanced at the man's visage, not seeing any bag of sorts with him. His hands are empty too. She opened the door further, hoping he does not mind much the blood on the floor. "I-I'm sorry, there has been an accident," she quickly tried as an excuse. "But please come in. I mean..." she made a sheepish smile. "You would need a pen and paper, right? I'll get some." she said, motioning for him to get in as she quickly darted off to her bedroom, seeing that Lucy was already fast asleep, she cradled her left hand close to her chest as she opened her drawers, looking for some paper, perhaps a pen, and... she glanced over at her hand. It hurts. Then she remembered Kaleo's knife cuts on his... I'll get some bandages too then.

Back