Riders of Scavenger Island

@ODSTDRAGON

The Thunderdrum didn't even notice the viking pull out the piece of metal, as it was too angry and upset at the viking's earlier actions before it lets out a powerful and ear splitting sonic blast, tearing leaves from trees and shearing branches of bushes. The blast continues for several seconds before it ends. After the blast the thunderdrum looked around, trying to find the Viking or its body. Unknown to it andAverix, there was a group of silent predators sneaking up on the two, alerted to the dragon's roar.
Averix: smirksnas He is now behind the dragon.
“ Your causing a ruckus! Give unto me and be rewarded! Resist and perish!”
He says as he grips his Axe. He doesn’t notice and keeps his eyes on what he has dubbed the screamer.

@ODSTDRAGON

Averix was now behind the dragon, right in way of the dragons whip like tail. The viking's screaming wasn't doing him any favors either as the thunderdrum lashes its tail and strikes Averix right in the head, giving the dragon enough time to turn around and once again face the viking this time ready to blast him if he makes a move. The dragon moved in to get a better look at his adversary but was too distracted to notice the enemies around it. A net made of iron chains was thrown over the Thunderdrum, shocking and spooking the animal. The Thunderdrum tries to shake off the net, but the chains were too heavy and its wings were getting tangled in the chains. From the darkness came a trio of rough looking men carrying curved swords and round shields, and accompanying them is a single purple dragon.

"Looks like we got ourselves another Thunderdrum lads! Leave this one alive! It looks to be healthy enough for Zenia to fetch a good price on the market." Said the leader, identified by his red hair crest on his helmet, similar to a mohawk.

"And what of the boy Commander? Shall we just kill him?" Asks one of the men.

"Leave him for the Gnasher. Mutos hadn't tasted Druid in a while." He replies and the two henchment nodded, preparing to drag the Thunderdrum back to where they came as the Gnasher moved in for the kill.

@Ailis

The threat was over but not gone. With no other choice but to abandon their nesting grounds, the mother Changewing tells the babies to climb onto her back and grabs Freydis by the back of her shirt and takes off into the walled city, the one place the mother knows her children will be safe.

@ODSTDRAGON

Averix was now behind the dragon, right in way of the dragons whip like tail. The viking's screaming wasn't doing him any favors either as the thunderdrum lashes its tail and strikes Averix right in the head, giving the dragon enough time to turn around and once again face the viking this time ready to blast him if he makes a move. The dragon moved in to get a better look at his adversary but was too distracted to notice the enemies around it. A net made of iron chains was thrown over the Thunderdrum, shocking and spooking the animal. The Thunderdrum tries to shake off the net, but the chains were too heavy and its wings were getting tangled in the chains. From the darkness came a trio of rough looking men carrying curved swords and round shields, and accompanying them is a single purple dragon.

"Looks like we got ourselves another Thunderdrum lads! Leave this one alive! It looks to be healthy enough for Zenia to fetch a good price on the market." Said the leader, identified by his red hair crest on his helmet, similar to a mohawk.

"And what of the boy Commander? Shall we just kill him?" Asks one of the men.

"Leave him for the Gnasher. Mutos hadn't tasted Druid in a while." He replies and the two henchment nodded, preparing to drag the Thunderdrum back to where they came as the Gnasher moved in for the kill.
This wasn’t good, he’d been knocked in the head and was disoriented when they dropped the net on the thunderdrum, that was his dragon, or at least he’d be the one to set it free for getting it involved in this horrible mess, however it was finally Slaughter time. His favorite time, this Gnasher was useless since it was already trained, but he would Love to use its various Body parts to better himself. He made a note of where the three were heading, dragging a dragon of that size would leave a trail unless you airlifted it, but he doubted they could do this with their dragon pitted against him. He sized up this new dragon and drew both his Axes. No longer in a chatty mood, he considered which part of it he needed to avoid the most and prioritize the rest accordingly. He knew this thing was smart and it may have more allies near by, he rushes forward towards it and opens up his body to make himself a bigger target, then before taking the chance, drops and rolls to the side at the slightest twitch from the dragon. Trying to force it to turn he wanted to work his way closer and closer, before taking cover behind a tree sweating and hyper from the rush, of he could injure that dragons, wing, the frenzy would set in, if he couldn’t keep it grounded, he’d lose ground to force it back to earth. ( Permission to end the Grim gnasher?)

@ODSTDRAGON

The Viking was too close to fire off its teeth, so the Gnasher did the next best thing. It rushed in for a swift bite, moving faster then it's size let on trying to grab and tear off one of the Viking's limb. The two Scavengers began to drag off the Thunderdrum as it tries to bite through and shake off the net, only tiring itself out in the process. The leader supervises his men and kept a close eye on the Viking's activities to make sure he's not going to interfere.

@ODSTDRAGON

The Viking was too close to fire off its teeth, so the Gnasher did the next best thing. It rushed in for a swift bite, moving faster then it's size let on trying to grab and tear off one of the Viking's limb. The two Scavengers began to drag off the Thunderdrum as it tries to bite through and shake off the net, only tiring itself out in the process. The leader supervises his men and kept a close eye on the Viking's activities to make sure he's not going to interfere.
He smirks as the Dragon tries to rush him he dodge around the dragon’s head and lifted his axes, the frenzy began, he pored his heart into this Strike, the first Axe lading in the Dragon’s eye, he wedges it inside the poor things head before the other comes down with vicious abandon, he smirks covered in dragon’s Blood.
“Now Listen here, let that dragon go, or your ending up like your pet, I’m so High from that rush, that even if you do land a killing blow, I’ll kill you all before I keel over, I enjoy the blood Shed, Now final warning.” His hands were shaking, he couldn’t help but shiver, it felt so good as he ran the axe blade down the now dead dragon’s belly. Dragging its head behind. “ They say some things retain working muscles a little after hey die, want me to test if it can still fire it’s teeth?” The Viking has Long passed his desire to earn loot, enthralled by fighting now, he comes at them like a freight train inside of a man

Blitz followed the other dragon and rider that had come, her own rider didn't seem to be in the best of condition and she was absolutely furious, whoever did this would pay in blood.
After they had gotten to the village and they treated Garm, with the stimulant they used Garm woke with a gasp. He groaned in pain as he did. "Shit, that hurts," he said through the pain, "What happened?"

@ODSTDRAGON

With their dragon dead, the Scavenger Leader weighted their options. For one an adult Thunderdrum can bring in good profit, but at the same time they already lost their Gnasher, an expensive asset that could've brought them more profit then the captured Dragon. The Captain won't like this but he wasn't going to die for a pretty coin. "Let's leave lads. The Captain'll take the heat for this!" He shouts and his men lets go of the net and with some confusion leaves into the bush. The leader follows them soon after, glaring at Averix as he slinks back into the darkness. A light rain began to fall as the thunderdrum continues to try to break free of the chain net.

@Azathoth, @Ailis, @aryamajor, @TheGreenerGrey

Theoc enters the hut and sees that Garm had awoken and that his friends as arrived. "Good you're here. There's a bit of commotion lately and I think you would wish to hear this...outside." He tells them before looking to directly address Garm. "If you can stand then I would advise it, otherwise I suggest you stay here and rest." Theoc leads the group outside where unsuspectingly, Eir drops out of the sky and lands in the front of the hut, having found Freydis's kind within the village. "Ah good. I see you have tamed a Changewing. But now is not the time for celebrations." He begins.

@ODSTDRAGON

With their dragon dead, the Scavenger Leader weighted their options. For one an adult Thunderdrum can bring in good profit, but at the same time they already lost their Gnasher, an expensive asset that could've brought them more profit then the captured Dragon. The Captain won't like this but he wasn't going to die for a pretty coin. "Let's leave lads. The Captain'll take the heat for this!" He shouts and his men lets go of the net and with some confusion leaves into the bush. The leader follows them soon after, glaring at Averix as he slinks back into the darkness. A light rain began to fall as the thunderdrum continues to try to break free of the chain net.

Theoc enters the hut and sees that Garm had awoken and that his friends as arrived. "Good you're here. There's a bit of commotion lately and I think you would wish to hear this...outside." He tells them before looking to directly address Garm. "If you can stand then I would advise it, otherwise I suggest you stay here and rest." Theoc leads the group outside where unsuspectingly, Eir drops out of the sky and lands in the front of the hut, having found Freydis's kind within the village. "Ah good. I see you have tamed a Changewing. But now is not the time for celebrations." He begins.
The Viking takes a moment, he has to stop himself from pursuing after the attackers, and from freezing over the captured thunderdrum, he shakily puts up his Axes where for the moment, they can no longer harm. Pounding on his chest to get his rythm back to check he casts off the net of the struggling thunderdrum. “ Go on make sure no other dragons get caught....” he steps back from the dragon tensing in case it tried to get nasty with him.

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon immediately thought to attack the Dragon but the single act of the Viking throwing off the iron net made it think. It didn't trust the viking much but at the same time, it clearly didn't wish to harm it right now. The Thunderdrum waits and sees what the Viking will do next.

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon immediately thought to attack the Dragon but the single act of the Viking throwing off the iron net made it think. It didn't trust the viking much but at the same time, it clearly didn't wish to harm it right now. The Thunderdrum waits and sees what the Viking will do next.
Averix sighs and begins to back up and away, once he feels he’s a good deal away he relaxes and head back to find a nice spot to sit. He puts his back to a tree and slowy leans against it before sitting. He waited to see if the dragon would follow or if he was alone once more.

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon followed Averix, keeping close to the viking, mostly out of curiosity or interest. The dragon continued to wonder why the viking didn't just finish it off. Maybe this one was diferent? Maybe it was full? Or maybe it was luring the thunderdrum into a false sense of security before attacking.

@ChelonianCommander
He looks at the dragon and thinks.
“ Hey do you want something to eat? I’m sure I can get you some fish or something.” He nods and rustles in his sack producing a small Bit of cheese, he thinks about where to get some fish. He slowly tries to pet he dragon to try and befriend it but of course pulls his hand away if it looks irritable in th slightest.

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon comes a bit closer and smells the bit of cheese. The bit of food smelled alright and the dragon laps up the cheese using its giant tongue, swallowing it without even chewing. It didn't even seem to notice the viking reaching to pet it.

Ren marched into the healing hut without much decorum and pointed to the first healer she saw. "There's a Monstrous Nightmare out there that needs help," she ordered. Freydim was already poking his heading to the doorway trying to follow her and giving the woman a suspicious look. "You let her help," Ren added to Freydim, "I'm not far."

The answer seemed satisfactory and he backed out of the doorway for the Druid woman to tend to his wound. With that taken care of, Ren continued on her path straight to Theoc who was standing over a mess of a Viking whom recognized. Gurado...Garth...Garm... was in rough shape and was probably useless. Great.

Not only that but Theoc seemed a little less concerned than the rest of them. Ren exchanged glances with Slode, then followed the grandma's boy out of the room as he walked away. "Yeah, you've got more than a little commotion."

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon comes a bit closer and smells the bit of cheese. The bit of food smelled alright and the dragon laps up the cheese using its giant tongue, swallowing it without even chewing. It didn't even seem to notice the viking reaching to pet it.
He carefully pets the dragon, carefully rubbing like they were equals, the way a friend pats another’s head to cheer up a friend. He gets behind the dragon’s ears and under the chin being very gentle with him* “ I need a new Friend what do you say?”

@ODSTDRAGON

The dragon doesn't seem to respond negatively nor positively to the question, nor the petting. However the viking did save it from the net and it was also out for revenge against those who attacked it.

Following Ren's orders, the healer tends to Friydem's wounds, smearing Buffalord saliva to disinfect and promote a dragon's natural healing abilities.

Theoc ignores Ren's comment and continues to talk now that they are outside. "The arrow that was found in your friend, it was of Scavenger make." He tells the group. "I do not know how they remained hidden long enough to get this close, but we must do something. First we need to consult the Tribe's Meet and from there we can form a hunting party to fend off the scavengers. I wish for you all to join me, so that you may give you testimonies. It is not a task you must do, but it will help the Tribe's Meet to form a decision quicker. Now before I go, is there anything else you wish to tell me?" He asks

@ChelonianCommander
( Should I rejoin the others now?)

He gives the dragon a little more cheese before stoping the pets that don’t seem to do much. “ Alright let’s rest make sure your ok then we hunt down their scouts this week. We can fish in the after noon, and sleep in the mornings.”

Having Acquired a dragon he stood up and took himself, and less or would try to lead the dragon to the village where it could be feed and cared for. He didn’t know to much about his stuff and would leave it to the much more knowlegable instead of chancing angering his now passive aquantence. He took a nice easy pace so the dragon wouldn’t loose sight of him. Upon reaching the village he helped the thunder drum to where ever they could get a barrel of fish and slowly feed his dragon. After this long process he finally came into the space the others were at, dat down and waited to know what he was suppose to do now.

Last edited:
Ren stared at Theoc in absolute irritation. In fact, she was nearly ready to take him up by the shirt collar and clear out his ears with a dagger hilt. Was he totally unconcerned? Growling in frustration, Ren glared at him. "You don't just have scavengers on the ground, you have enemies coming in on the Storm above you! I've only been trying to tell somebody about this for a good 20 minutes and by the time you guys are done having a powwow we're going to be sitting ducks. Good gods it's no wonder you guys haven't made any headway against the scavengers. Odin's left eye has a better time seeing!"

Ren's stubbornness made Theoc a bit peeved. These vikings didn't know how often rushing into situations like this caused the deaths of many warriors and civilians. He didn't wish to raise his voice, as to remain professional and polite, but at the same time Ren didn't know anything about his people. They don't know how things worked here nor how to handle these situations. He believes that in times like this cooler heads and heated debates would solve everything, as there wasn't enough evidence for a suspected attack."I can tell you think strongly of this but there are ways to deal with these situations. Unless you can proved proof that we are under attack outside of an arrow, an injured viking and a wounded dragon, then you must sit and wait while the Elders deal with-" His words where cut off when thunder boomed, shaking the air. A light rain began to fall as the dark clouds began to roll in. "As I was saying, we must let the Elders deal with accusations like this. If they deem it time to leave, or fight they will say so. Besides as you can see, the storm prevents attacks from the skies and seas and the walls prevents attacks from the land." He gestures towards the dark clouds and the walls respectively.

Back