Status
Not open for further replies.
Felix glanced over to the kid and smirked behind his helmet when Bruce called him off.

"Kid, ya don't even know what you'd be gettin' yourself into by picking a fight with me. Best you quit while you're ahead anyways." Felix said with a chuckle, slinging the rifle over his shoulder as he continued to walk.

@Crow @Widowmaker @Okami @Jeremi

As Harper continued to stroll, idly swinging her hands by her side while she walked, she eventually came up behind Manchester and poked him on the shoulder.

tumblr_inline_nl2he0LsjU1sv22sw.png

"Yo, Chestnut. Ya wouldn't happen to have anymore cigs on you, would ya?"

@Josh @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Neko Shogun

"Humans sure do like to shorten their lives." Bishamon idly commented. Though, she drank every now and then, so maybe her words were slightly hypocritical. Either way, that didn't matter at the moment.

It's not like she'd share that useless piece of information. Not saying anything else though, she simply kept her stride going, looking ahead.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @Atomic Knight @belVita @Zireael @TeamAquawoman

SeeU would look at Harper in concern as she asked for a cigarette. "Harper, are you sure that's okay? What if we need to escape and you can't because your lungs get bad?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @Atomic Knight @belVita @Zireael @TeamAquawoman​
Harper would just shrug again as they kept walking and she awaited her cigar from Manchester.

"One cigar ain't gonna ruin my lungs, SeeU. This whole night is just really stressful so... I need some stress relievers."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Josh @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @TeamSouth​

Waving to Bruce, Manchester agreed with his reccomendtion.

"What ever you, Bossman."

Following Aquawoman, Manchester walked nearby Jojo anf Makoato. Lazily hunched over, Manchester gazed at Jojo.

"Oi, Jojo, right? Good to see you with is, us, well as good ya can be being kidnapped. I see you know Makato.

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Neko Shogun
JoJo.

View attachment 1786

Huh, no one's called him that in a long while. Jotaro didn't want to think about it too much - it's a stupid thing to think about. He turned his eyes to Manchester and silently nodded. He didn't know what to think of Manchester now that he's face-to-face with him. In fact, it's better he doesn't think at all around Manchester - he has some kind of telepathic ability like the old man. Anyone with a brain could figure out that's the least of his abilities. What's even worse, he looks like he knows how to use it properly.

Good grief, what a pain in the ass that was. Even his own thoughts aren't safe from prying eyes.

Though, the two men seem to share a similar philosophy as opposed to Makoto. Even if Bane didn't drag anyone into this, he's got his debts to pay. An overwhelming need to pay back Bane in full drove Jotaro, now. But, if the group just talked their way up to Bane and killed him in one blow, it'd put a bad taste in Jotaro's mouth.

Maybe he's just pissed off.

View attachment 1787
Or, maybe that's a bigger pain in the ass - Jotaro can't force himself to stand by and let something like that happen again after Egypt. It hearkens back memories of when the old man first came to Japan with Avdol, or when he first told him of DIO. A century-old vampire, returning from hell with his ancestor's body. That's all the convincing the old man tried to do, and Jotaro's exact thoughts in that moment aligned with Makoto's now.

This has nothing to do with me. I'm not getting myself killed for this.

He soon found out, that thought alone is worse than anything that bastard could've ever done. It's one thing to deal the pain, it's another to just let it happen, especially if you have all the strength in the world to endure the journey. No evil could compare to that kind of apathy - no, that kind of coward.

Sometimes. . .you just have too much pride. It's a blessing and a curse. Perhaps Jotaro should envy Makoto for that. It's a burden he doesn't have to carry.

"Yeah. I have."

@Josh @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Neko Shogun @TeamAqua

SeeU was not going to let up that easily. "But there are healthy ways to relieve stress too! Like...um...uh..." She paused, brow furrowing as she tried to recall positive stress relief. "...okay, it's not in my memory, but there are better things than smoking!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @Atomic Knight @belVita @Zireael @TeamAquawoman​
tumblr_inline_nl2ha8TICC1sv22sw.png

"Cummon! Cigs ain't even that bad. They only really kill ya if you smoke like... I dunno, a pack a day or somethin."

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamSouth​

"Humans sure do like to shorten their lives." Bishamon idly commented. Though, she drank every now and then, so maybe her words were slightly hypocritical. Either way, that didn't matter at the moment.

It's not like she'd share that useless piece of information. Not saying anything else though, she simply kept her stride going, looking ahead.
Aoko07.png

"Yeah, you're tellin' me..." Aoko agreed with Bishamon, sighing lightly as she realized she had three people in this team now with a habit for smoking. The woman never did take a liking to it, not like her older sister did, and never really saw the appeal for it, personally. Picking up her baggage, ready to go once everyone had gathered their bearings, the young woman let out a sigh as she looked around.

This was gonna be a long trip.

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamAquawoman

Last edited:

"Cummon! Cigs ain't even that bad. They only really kill ya if you smoke like... I dunno, a pack a day or somethin."

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamSouth​
View attachment 1788

"......" SeeU didn't know if that was right. But she would stop, since this was getting nowhere. Going on about it too much might make people dislike her, after all.

"I have a pack."

Jotaro reached into his coat and withdrew his own pack of cigarettes. The cheap, Japanese sort. He popped one into his mouth and tipped it towards Harper, offering her one.

Again, the air in front of Jotaro rushed as if a cannon was fired from behind him, followed by a loud crack. The cigarette in his mouth lit, and the ghostly fist that appeared from his shoulder for a quarter-second then vanished into nothingness.

@Yun Lee @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamAquawoman

"Looks like Felix is sticking to us then," Ben says in response to Dante, sighing and grumbling at the thought.

9pekqpn.jpg

Ben then looks at Sandra and 682 with a mildly worried look. "Say, uh, 682, any reason why Sandra doesn't talk too much?"

"Yup. Which makes sense, and is a good idea. With that rifle of his, I bet he'd make a good marksman."

Felix glanced over to the kid and smirked behind his helmet when Bruce called him off.

"Kid, ya don't even know what you'd be gettin' yourself into by picking a fight with me. Best you quit while you're ahead anyways." Felix said with a chuckle, slinging the rifle over his shoulder as he continued to walk.

"Yo, Felix. Considering you uh, know your stuff about Mercenary work, how about you act as a recon? Our intelligence guy? I bet you have many scopes on that rifle of yours so you'd most likely have more coverage than us. No offense Ben, but flying over an area as a giant bug isn't exactly stealthy."

682 shrugs, "don't know. Don't think anyone ever taught her to talk. She knows what we're saying though. Good enough for me."

"Um... Any idea what you'd be able to do? I know next to nothing about you."

@Crow, @thatguyinthestore, @Okami

"I have a pack."

Jotaro reached into his coat and withdrew his own pack of cigarettes. The cheap, Japanese sort. He popped one into his mouth and tipped it towards Harper, offering her one.

Again, the air in front of Jotaro rushed as if a cannon was fired from behind him, followed by a loud crack. The cigarette in his mouth lit, and the ghostly fist that appeared from his shoulder for a quarter-second then vanished into nothingness.

@Yun Lee @Ver @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamAquawoman
tumblr_inline_nl2hccVOq21sv22sw.png

"Oh uh... thanks." Harper said as she took one of his cigars and stuck it in her mouth, lighting it with a silver lighter which had a bat symbol on it.

She was caught a bit off guard when she was offered the cigar from Jotaro. Not because he smoked or she didn't like him or anything but, well, she never really saw him as the "generous" type, per say.

Guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, huh?
aoko2.png

"Yeah, you're tellin' me..." Aoko agreed with Bishamon, sighing lightly as she realized she had three people in this team now with a habit for smoking. The woman never did take a liking to it, not like her older sister did, and never really saw the appeal for it, personally. Picking up her baggage, ready to go once everyone had gathered their bearings, the young woman let out a sigh as she looked around.

This was gonna be a long trip.

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @Josh @Zireael @TeamAquawoman
After taking another long drag of a cigar, Harper would blow out a stream of smoke as she looked at Aoko for a moment.

tumblr_inline_n9fq1lXCEN1sypacu.png

"Yo, Aoko." She finally spoke up. "What exactly is in that suitcase'a yours?" Harper inquired. She had meant to ask much earlier but, well, she didn't have the time until now.

Maybe it was a weapon, like a sword or an AK? Or maybe it was just some clothes?

Whatever it was, it must've been pretty damn important if she carried it everywhere she stepped.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Josh @Zireael @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Neko Shogun @TeamAquawoman

"Yup. Which makes sense, and is a good idea. With that rifle of his, I bet he'd make a good marksman."

"Yo, Felix. Considering you uh, know your stuff about Mercenary work, how about you act as a recon? Our intelligence guy? I bet you have many scopes on that rifle of yours so you'd most likely have more coverage than us. No offense Ben, but flying over an area as a giant bug isn't exactly stealthy."

"Um... Any idea what you'd be able to do? I know next to nothing about you."

@Crow, @thatguyinthestore, @Okami
latest

"Doth thou ears deceive me?" Felix asked in a mocking British accent as he cupped his hand over his helmet where his ear should be. "Or did the local dumbass just have a smart idea?" He asked, lazily dropping his arm as he returned to his regular tone of voice.

Pulling out what appeared to be a scope, Felix simply attached it to his rifle among other things (such as a suppressor) before holding it in both his arms.

"Ain't you a-holes just lucky to have a guy like me?"

@Widowmaker @Crow @Okami @Jeremi @TeamWayne​

latest

"Doth thou ears deceive me?" Felix asked in a mocking British accent as he cupped his hand over his helmet where his ear should be. "Or did the local dumbass just have a smart idea?" He asked, lazily dropping his arm as he returned to his regular tone of voice.

"Yeah. You got that right." Dante exclaimed. "Figured since you appear to know what you're doing and all cause of that suit of yours and that attitude."

Pulling out what appeared to be a scope, Felix simply attached it to his rifle among other things (such as a suppressor) before holding it in both his arms.

"Ain't you a-holes just lucky to have a guy like me?"

"Yeah... Ecstatic." Dante said with a sarcastic tone.

@thatguyinthestore.

"What can I do?" 682 asks Ben, a little surprised he hadn't had a chance to demonstrate earlier. "I'm immortal. I can die but my body reforms. I can adapt, can change my shape, that sort of stuff. The Foundation's always trying to keep me dead. Keep me in a tank of acid most days so I can't reform." He didn't have a pocket dimension like 106 or kill with a single touch like 049, but 682 found his abilities nice.

@Crow

"What can I do?" 682 asks Ben, a little surprised he hadn't had a chance to demonstrate earlier. "I'm immortal. I can die but my body reforms. I can adapt, can change my shape, that sort of stuff. The Foundation's always trying to keep me dead. Keep me in a tank of acid most days so I can't reform." He didn't have a pocket dimension like 106 or kill with a single touch like 049, but 682 found his abilities nice.

@Crow
tumblr_nnvr45qZ0J1u4tx13o1_1280.gif

"Why the fuck are you asking the five year old what to do? He's not our team leader! He probably can't even count to fifty!" Felix asked 682, throwing his arms up in confusion when the lizard turned to Ben for leadership.

@Okami @Widowmaker @Crow @Jeremi

After taking another long drag of a cigar, Harper would blow out a stream of smoke as she looked at Aoko for a moment.

tumblr_inline_n9fq1lXCEN1sypacu.png

"Yo, Aoko." She finally spoke up. "What exactly is in that suitcase'a yours?" Harper inquired. She had meant to ask much earlier but, well, she didn't have the time until now.

Maybe it was a weapon, like a sword or an AK? Or maybe it was just some clothes?

Whatever it was, it must've been pretty damn important if she carried it everywhere she stepped.​
Aoko08.png

"Mmm? Well, isn't that prying?" Aoko responded in a lightly joking manner, before deciding to actually answer the question, "Nothing so interesting. Just some clothes, some glasses, vials of mysterious chemicals, some sundries... Like I said, I like to travel around. What can I say?" She said, intentionally mentioning her Association supplies to contrast against the banal items as something of a joke. Otherwise, the answer might have been a bit underwhelming to anyone expecting something, and while there certainly might be something in there that someone would find interesting, it was all for the most part... impractical. But it was hers, and that was what mattered to her.

Speaking of which, she should probably take greater care of the certain item in her suitcase, not that it'd be destroyed very easily. She'd made it so that not even a certain vampire princess would be able to break it, but if it were to be lost... Well. Aoko might just feel a little worse for stealing it from her older sister.

Because if that happened, Touko Aozaki might feel inclined to steal Aoko's credit card in return and go shopping...

Sibling rivalries were annoying.

@thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
aoko3.png

"Mmm? Well, isn't that prying?" Aoko responded in a lightly joking manner, before deciding to actually answer the question, "Nothing so interesting. Just some clothes, some glasses, vials of mysterious chemicals, some sundries... Like I said, I like to travel around. What can I say?" She said, intentionally mentioning her Association supplies to contrast against the banal items as something of a joke. Otherwise, the answer might have been a bit underwhelming to anyone expecting something, and while there certainly might be something in there that someone would find interesting, it was all for the most part... impractical. But it was hers, and that was what mattered to her.

Speaking of which, she should probably take greater care of the certain item in her suitcase, not that it'd be destroyed very easily. She'd made it so that not even a certain vampire princess would be able to break it, but if it were to be lost... Well. Aoko might just feel a little worse for stealing it from her older sister.

Because if that happened, Touko Aozaki might feel inclined to steal Aoko's credit card in return and go shopping...

@thatguyinthestore
Jotaro arched a brow at her baggage. Was she on her way somewhere before getting dragged here?

View attachment 1789

"You travel?" Jotaro inquired, releasing a haze of smoke and holding the cigarette between his fingers. It's not common for him to strike up conversation, but he felt inclined to.

Who knows. Maybe she's been to Egypt.

@Ver @thatguyinthestore

aoko3.png

@thatguyinthestore
"...huh." Harper said, honestly expecting a bit more, seeing as she did carry it with her everywhere. "So... where all do you travel to?" She asked, pretty much echoing Jotaro's thoughts.

@Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Josh @Takumi

"..."

It wasn't like Makoto had any real power to stop Manchester from doing what he wanted, so all he could do was give the man a curt nod before heeding Jotaro's invitation to follow him. He was thankful that Mr. Wayne had seemed to give his plan some thought, which hopefully led the two groups down the path of least resistance. Makoto wasn't sure if he was cut out to be a leader, but if his words led to doing some good, he could be content with that.

"I don't mind if Harper wishes to smoke!" Makoto blurted out, not sure what else to add to this conversation. He really didn't mind. It was her decision, after all.

LRi8WpH.png

"Also, ah, please just call me Makoto," the boy said to Aoko, looking a bit embarrassed at being called ahoge-boy. It was the sort of thing he would expect to be used by, well... Makoto was just thankful Junko was on the other team.

"Oh, Aoko, were you in the middle of traveling when you were brought here? Was it outside of Japan?"

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @belVita @Zireael @Jeremi @TeamAquawoman

Rose looked amusedly at Felix and spoke with her voice drenched in sarcasm, "Yes, we all should prostrate ourselves before you, for you represent the peak in strength and ingenuity."

Junko yawned dramatically. "Maybe I should be the team leader."

c5PtWjZ.png

"A woman of my stature is fit for such a duty! I can lead even ants in the most trying of times!" Junko sidled up to Bruce, looking sly. "You might not have heard of me, but surely you can recognize a woman with the grace of a queen!"

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Okami @Widowmaker @Crow @Jeremi @TeamWayne

"..."

It wasn't like Makoto had any real power to stop Manchester from doing what he wanted, so all he could do was give the man a curt nod before heeding Jotaro's invitation to follow him. He was thankful that Mr. Wayne had seemed to give his plan some thought, which hopefully led the two groups down the path of least resistance. Makoto wasn't sure if he was cut out to be a leader, but if his words led to doing some good, he could be content with that.

"I don't mind if Harper wishes to smoke!" Makoto blurted out, not sure what else to add to this conversation. He really didn't mind. It was her decision, after all.

LRi8WpH.png

"Also, ah, please just call me Makoto," the boy said to Aoko, looking a bit embarrassed at being called ahoge-boy. It was the sort of thing he would expect to be used by, well... Makoto was just thankful Junko was on the other team.

"Oh, Aoko, were you in the middle of traveling when you were brought here? Was it outside of Japan?"

@Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @belVita @Zireael @Jeremi @TeamAquawoman

Rose looked amusedly at Felix and spoke with her voice drenched in sarcasm, "Yes, we all should prostrate ourselves before you, for you represent the peak in strength and ingenuity."

Junko yawned dramatically. "Maybe I should be the team leader."

c5PtWjZ.png

"A woman of my stature is fit for such a duty! I can lead even ants in the most trying of times!" Junko sidled up to Bruce, looking sly. "You might not have heard of me, but surely you can recognize a woman with the grace of a queen!"

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Okami @Widowmaker @Crow @Jeremi @TeamWayne

He hadn't and Bruce had to give a Junko a look over before he replied. "As a queen, you're probably familiar with none democratic elections." Came his reply. "You can figure out what I meant by that as we walk." Then he spoke to the rest of the group. "Alright, we've wasted enough time. Let's go," Bruce responded to both teams and headed northwards up the street while the others went south. This was new territory for the group other then to Bruce of course.

Strolling on they'd soon find themselves near a bridge, or what one could assume had been a bridge. The only thing left was the road that now lead straight into the water. "Figures that they'd isolate the islands. Bane has more control that way." Having said that Bruce pointed eastwards. "If we follow the main road we should be at the harbor in no time, but right now I'm a bit concerned...we're out in the open like this. Are we going to risk it or should we go to the alley's and make our way forward? Little Italy is nearby and that could give us another way to travel."

@Crow @thatguyinthestore @Okami @Widowmaker @Atomic Knight @TeamWayne

Meanwhile team Aquawoman found themselves after some wandering in the streets near a locked gate leading into an area called Grant Park, if the sign on top of the gate was any indication. "Apologies for the noise." With a heavy kick Aquawoman pushed the gate off its hinges causing a loud noise as it hit the ground. "I suggest we trek through this area. If we go to the other end we will find us closer to our destination. If the map I am carrying is accurate that is."

@Takumi @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Neko Shogun @thatguyinthestore @Josh @Atomic Knight @belVita @Zireael @TeamAquawoman

Last edited:
"Alright, we've wasted enough time. Let's go," Bruce responded to both teams and headed northwards up the street while the others went south. This was new territory for the group other then to Bruce of course.

Strolling on they'd soon find themselves near a bridge, or what one could assume had been a bridge. The only thing left was the road that now lead straight into the water. "Figures that they'd isolate the islands. Bane has more control that way." Having said that Bruce pointed eastwards. "If we follow the main road we should be at the harbor in no time, but right now I'm a bit concerned...we're out in the open like this. Are we going to risk it or should we go to the alley's and make our way forward? Little Italy is nearby and that could give us another way to travel."

@Crow @thatguyinthestore @Okami @Widowmaker @TeamWayne

"I'd reckon taking the side alleys is a better idea. As much as I'd love to charge in there head-on, being stealthy seems to be the better approach." Dante exclaimed, stating a good point.

Meanwhile he turned towards Felix, mainly looking towards his helmet. "Hey. Your suit looks futuristic and quite advanced. Got a motion tracker in your helmet or something we could use to keep an eye on our surroundings?"

@Crow, @thatguyinthestore, @Okami, @Jeremi, @TeamWayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back