"All places I've never heard of," he replied, his task finished. "Everyone, please feel free to take a seat. I don't think this will take long to explain, but something tells me you could all take a breather." He frowned slightly, as if he could sense something about the group. In particular his eyes seemed to glance over to Saki and Ado as he paused.

"Gar!!" A strange voice calls from the wall, where from Morty's shadow came a large purple creature, balancing a tea tray on its head.

320px-Ash_Gengar.png

"Gengar! Excellent. The tea is ready, everyone." Morty took a seat on a couch. "Help yourself to some food and tea, and take a seat. After this I can show you all around town."

"Miss?" Misdreavus nudged Ado, as if to say to move to the rest of the group.

@Jeremi @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

"All places I've never heard of," he replied, his task finished. "Everyone, please feel free to take a seat. I don't think this will take long to explain, but something tells me you could all take a breather." He frowned slightly, as if he could sense something about the group. In particular his eyes seemed to glance over to Saki and Ado as he paused.

"Gar!!" A strange voice calls from the wall, where from Morty's shadow came a large purple creature, balancing a tea tray on its head.

320px-Ash_Gengar.png

"Gengar! Excellent. The tea is ready, everyone." Morty took a seat on a couch. "Help yourself to some food and tea, and take a seat. After this I can show you all around town."

"Hi there cutie!" Cindy replied to the Gengar in front of them. "Ya got some really interestin' fellas runnin' round here Morty." She took some food and a cup of tea and sat down on the sofa. "Thanks! Would be fun to check out more of this place!"

@Yun Lee @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Minerva

320px-Ash_Gengar.png

Calista didn't know any beast that could do that...or many beasts at all given her sheltered upbringing, but the ones she did know of weren't described like this. She followed Cindy's lead and took a seat after grabbing some food and tea for herself.

"Thank you, though...is something the matter?" She asked, noticing that Morty seemed interested in Saki and Ado for a moment. Did he notice something off? She watched him quietly for a moment as she awaited an answer, falling into the role of the Observer out of habit, so used to observing nobles and such.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Capri @MegaMeerkat @Lucky @Minerva @Sark

"They're called Pokemon," Morty replied as Gengar made its way to the table and set the tea down. "They're native to my own world, and we've been living with them and working together with them for thousands of years." He scratched behind Gengar's ears, and it...purred?

Though as Calista asked her question, he frowned. Morty looked to make sure Saki and Ado were occupied before lowering his voice. "...death. It hangs over you all like a shroud, and Misdreavus are drawn to fear by nature. I don't want to make any assumptions about what you've all been through, but...did you all witness something from within that television?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"They're called Pokemon," Morty replied as Gengar made its way to the table and set the tea down. "They're native to my own world, and we've been living with them and working together with them for thousands of years." He scratched behind Gengar's ears, and it...purred?

Though as Calista asked her question, he frowned. Morty looked to make sure Saki and Ado were occupied before lowering his voice. "...death. It hangs over you all like a shroud, and Misdreavus are drawn to fear by nature. I don't want to make any assumptions about what you've all been through, but...did you all witness something from within that television?"

"Yeah," Cindy replied somberly. "There was another fella with us inside the TV but...he didn't make it." Cindy hadn't dwelled on it much but now that they were out... "It's never easy seein it happen ya know?"

Morty nodded solemnly, though he returned to a relaxed smile as Adeleine and Misdreavus joined them. As everyone started settling in, he cleared his throat. "So...I suppose I should explain what's been going on with this whole...thing. It all started about a month ago. One minute I was in the Bell Tower back home training with my Pokemon...next thing I know, I'm in the middle of someone's pig pen! And I wasn't the only one, either. Different people from all different places were taken from their homes, and ended up somewhere else entirely. And not just that. Different areas of different worlds all got mixed up together, as well. In fact, where we are is a mashup of three places. I was lucky to have one place be from my own world, if from a different region, but even so it was jarring.

"So...you're saying that everyone's homes are all...jumbled up together?" Saki was finding this hard to believe. "But how?"

Well...from what I hear, it was because of two scientists who wanted to take over. They found these...jewels? And those gave them the power to do this. And for a lot of places, they were able to send robots to attack anyone who opposed them or was just unlucky enough to get in the way." He shrugged. "But that's only what I've heard on the news. New Outcove was lucky enough to avoid any robots."

Morty nodded solemnly, though he returned to a relaxed smile as Adeleine and Misdreavus joined them. As everyone started settling in, he cleared his throat. "So...I suppose I should explain what's been going on with this whole...thing. It all started about a month ago. One minute I was in the Bell Tower back home training with my Pokemon...next thing I know, I'm in the middle of someone's pig pen! And I wasn't the only one, either. Different people from all different places were taken from their homes, and ended up somewhere else entirely. And not just that. Different areas of different worlds all got mixed up together, as well. In fact, where we are is a mashup of three places. I was lucky to have one place be from my own world, if from a different region, but even so it was jarring.

"So...you're saying that everyone's homes are all...jumbled up together?" Saki was finding this hard to believe. "But how?"

Well...from what I hear, it was because of two scientists who wanted to take over. They found these...jewels? And those gave them the power to do this. And for a lot of places, they were able to send robots to attack anyone who opposed them or was just unlucky enough to get in the way." He shrugged. "But that's only what I've heard on the news. New Outcove was lucky enough to avoid any robots."

"Geez that does sound like a crisis," Cindy didn't quite wrap her head around it, even with her current predicament back home. "Y'all lucky that you didn't get hit by those robots then. Man...just two guys did this? That's wild."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

"It's not as wild as you'd think. Apparently some of the locals here had to deal with two men almost causing an apocalypse in their own world." Morty shook his head. "It seems no matter where or when, ambition will cause people to do extreme things..."

"So this area has been safe?"

"It has. There's some mountain cliffs and forests over here that keep us isolated. That, and we're surrounded by water, too, on most sides. So unless those things can swim, we'll be fine."

"It's not as wild as you'd think. Apparently some of the locals here had to deal with two men almost causing an apocalypse in their own world." Morty shook his head. "It seems no matter where or when, ambition will cause people to do extreme things..."

"So this area has been safe?"

"It has. There's some mountain cliffs and forests over here that keep us isolated. That, and we're surrounded by water, too, on most sides. So unless those things can swim, we'll be fine."

"Well, that's good if anythin' at least." Cindy took a sip from her tea before she continued. "Means we ain't got to worry about any problems here at least." The mechanic looked over to the TV. "Just have to figure out that little mystery and whatever that walkin' talkin' teddy bear was all about."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

Tippi

" It does indeed sound very safe. Though, I guess we need to figure out what we can do next. Do you know if there is anyone in town who needs help?"
She asked.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

"Help? I'm sure someone could use help but..." Morty looked at the time. "It's going to be night very soon. Shouldn't we find you all somewhere to stay first? The motel might be a bit cramped..." Suddenly Morty's eyes widened, and he slammed his fist onto his open palm. "No...the mayor! He'll be able to help you all, I can feel it." He stood, collecting any dirty dishes. "Feel free to finish eating, and take leftovers if you want," he said. "I'll take you all to the mayor once you do."

"Help? I'm sure someone could use help but..." Morty looked at the time. "It's going to be night very soon. Shouldn't we find you all somewhere to stay first? The motel might be a bit cramped..." Suddenly Morty's eyes widened, and he slammed his fist onto his open palm. "No...the mayor! He'll be able to help you all, I can feel it." He stood, collecting any dirty dishes. "Feel free to finish eating, and take leftovers if you want," he said. "I'll take you all to the mayor once you do."

"Thanks for the food, sugah!" Cindy placed the now empty cup on the table. "The mayor huh? Lookin' forward to meet them."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

With everyone all set to go, Morty led them outside. "Hmm," he said as he stepped out of his house. "Awfully foggy tonight..."

Indeed, the city was wrapped in a deep fog, which made it hard to see in front of them if not for streetlights. The fact that the Sun had set had not done them any favors.

9b03b07cfcce2bf22077c2aef422c07c.jpg

The city itself was lovely, with cobblestone streets and nice little houses, and the pleasant scent of sea-breeze could be felt even through the fog. "This is one part of the city, the Lilycove district," Morty said. "Two others are further ahead. We're going to the one in the middle."

With everyone all set to go, Morty led them outside. "Hmm," he said as he stepped out of his house. "Awfully foggy tonight..."

Indeed, the city was wrapped in a deep fog, which made it hard to see in front of them if not for streetlights. The fact that the Sun had set had not done them any favors.

9b03b07cfcce2bf22077c2aef422c07c.jpg

The city itself was lovely, with cobblestone streets and nice little houses, and the pleasant scent of sea-breeze could be felt even through the fog. "This is one part of the city, the Lilycove district," Morty said. "Two others are further ahead. We're going to the one in the middle."

"Nice little town you got here!" Cindy replied as she stepped out into the dark. "Fog notwithstandin'. Just lead the way and we'll follow ya!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @MegaMeerkat @Capri @Lucky @Sark @Minerva

Adeleine was a little freaked out at the moment.

The fog, reminded her of the land inside the TV... and the fake Saki... and Brenner.

She stuck near Saki, somewhat clinging to her.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse​

"It's very nice when it's clear out," Morty assured them. It looks strange once you reach crossroads, but I suppose that's to be expected when worlds were all meshed up together."

Saki was just as uncomfortable, keeping a hand on Adeleine's shoulder. "I really hate the fog..." she said quietly.

"It's very nice when it's clear out," Morty assured them. It looks strange once you reach crossroads, but I suppose that's to be expected when worlds were all meshed up together."

Saki was just as uncomfortable, keeping a hand on Adeleine's shoulder. "I really hate the fog..." she said quietly.

"Can't say it's the nices thing to meet after our little situation in the TV," Cindy replied to Saki. "But this just feels...friendlier? I suppose."

Back