Soul Forge 1x1

The plains were beginning to ebb, their sweeping grasses giving way to sporadic copses of trees filled with wisps as they floated in the afternoon shade. A bunny skittered into some of the underbrush but neither of their mounts were particularly disturbed by it.

When David asked about why she wanted to become a guardian, her eyes dropped a little. "The First born children of major and minor guardian houses aren't actually given a choice. They are groomed since birth to enter the Forge. It is my duty."

She gave him the expected answer and she hated the taste of it on her tongue. Just as she was about to ask him what he thought of the Guardians, as a druid, when a slight rumbling met her ears. What was that sound? Hoof beats. Glancing back, she saw an approaching group of riders...bearing her fathers sigil...coming up fast. A jolt of fear ran through her and she looked ahead to the treeline, still several leagues from them, breaking against the flat plains. "Go!"

Kicking her horse into gallop, she leaned forward into the movement. If they could just make it to the trees!

"Riders sir!"

The captain motioned for his mounted archer to go to his work. His archer raised up in the saddle and pulled back his bow string, firing a long range arrow at a good angle. The first buried itself in the rider.

"Don't shoot Lady Alaina you idiot! Lame her horse!"

The arrow met her shoulder with a sudden arch of pain and she yelpe as every step of the horse jostled it deeper into her flesh. "Keep going!" They were so close. Another heavy thump sounded and her horse let out a terrified scream, before stumbling into the dirt, an arrow buried in its haunches.

Seeing the riders attack his companion, David unlatched his staff and casted an earth spell causing both riders to get stuck as the dirt turned into sticky mud as the horses began to sink. "Winterhoof charge!" David ordered as the stag turned around and charged into the prone riders. The stags horn gruesomely stabbed the captains and the archers chest through. Before the stag tossed them aside, David then quickly summoned hands of stone to hold the other riders in their place. "*Sigh* I used alot more enregy then i expected. So why are you chasing us?" David asked to the riders as he lookedat his companion who was still running away "HEY! ITS SAFE NOW!" He ylled over to her.

Lady's horse stumbled but did not completely falter, as it pulled itself up from a slide, unable to run. David had dropped back, engaging the two guards, his stag goring them. "No!"

Turning her horse, she limped it over to the scene, seeing them captured by the druid's magic. The captain's armor had saved him from the worst of the stag attack, but his archer's lighter armor had pierced through to his lung.

"Lady Alaina...forgive us we never meant to harm you," the archer wheezed.

The captain glared at her. "She wouldn't have gotten hurt if she wasn't being a silly little girl playing games."

She dismounted, crying out a little from the arrow in her shoulder. "David, please release them."

"So first born nobles duty?" David asked as he tapped his staff on the ground causing the earth constructs to fall apart.

Looking at the mean he could see a symbol of a boar on their clothes.

"Anyone willing to explain?" David asked skeptical as he began to help the horses out of the mud. "Because i don't know if i should just bury you lot beneath the earth." David stated as he petted Winterhoof.

The two guards flopped to the ground, the archer gasped in pain and the captain groaned trying to stumble to his feet.

"You don't threaten Lady Alaina Pretea, second child of the Major Guardian house, druid," the captain hissed at David, "My lady, your father bids you come home immediately."

Lady clutched at her shoulder as blood ran down her back and walked forward to the men. "I cannot do that." Looking to David she nodded. "These men should be healed, and their memory erased. I'll explain once they are gone."

"I can heal them but memories aren't my specialty" David said as he began casting a minor healing spell on the heavily injured archer. He then made his way to the captain and casts the same spell on his chest closing the wound. Ignoring the captains words.

"I have a higher chance of making them go insane if i tried." He said before looking back at Lady.

Back