Stahlhiem: College of Magic (Rebooted!) IC

Coro- forest

Coro saw one of the first year students that was on the trip and he seemed to be very focused on something. Deciding to be a little mean she silently approaches closer until she is only a few feet away and then purposely steps on a twig to scare him. coro chuckles at his remark about her possibly being a panther. "Oh trust me im much worse than a panther or tiger" She flashes him a innocent smile. "So what are you doing anyways?"

Harrison - Forest
Harrison raises an eyebrow at the girl's comment. "I dunno lady... some of those animals can be right monsters and you're either a year one or two. I don't think such a small person like you is on large wild beast levels yet, magic or not. Unless you're a lot stronger than ya look? I've heard that some of us went a bit weird when the mad queen made our kind." He says to her before looking back at the river, sticking his hand out towards the river to help him focus.

"I'm trying to keep a single patch of ice frozen in this river continually. I need to freeze and melt the water on either end at the same time, while also maintaining the center throughout all of it." He says, frowning as a large patch of ice begins to steadily grow. "I've been able to get it to about a metre in diameter but after that..." He trails off as he bits his lip, holding his breath and sweat forming on his brow as the patch of ice ever so slowly increases.

Last edited:
Simon - Forest

Simon marched into the forest shouting for his wolf-like friend and generally disturbing the wildlife "Hey Cors where you at" he saw her make her way towards the forest "I've got this plan that involves you sleeping with what I assume to be a really hot noble and getting paid for like two-" he stopped in his tracks when he saw a large student talking to Coronaria

"Good morning random tower of muscle and focus" he looked at Coro "So you made a friend huh Coro, care to introduce me" Simon wasn't really sure what two college teens were doing in the middle of the forest but he just grinned knowingly. Then he noticed the boy was forming ice on the river "What are you even doing" he said inquisitively "Is that stick seriously your focus. I hate to be elitist or anything but you'd have an easier time if you started focusing on using the mana from that first"

Last edited:
Harrison - Forest
Harrison crane did his head around to look at the new guy, ice patch receding back to just under a metre's diameter. Frowning at the guy in confusion, he opens his mouth to speak. "A... focus? What's that? I haven't read about that before..." He says as he mentally flips through the various books he had read, analysing each page for any mention of a 'focus', coming up with nothing.

Looking around, he continues. "Name's Harrison, you?" He says offhandedly. "You said something about a stick? Do I need a stick? Is that what a focus is?" He fires off a barrage of questions to the guy. This focus thing seemed kinda important. Or maybe it was just him hyping it up in his mind? 'So she's called Cors? Weird name, but hey, not judging.' He thinks to himself as an afterthought even as he continues to look around for a stick. It was probably glowing.

Last edited:
Coro- forest

Coro shrugs "maybe maybe not you might have to find out one day" Coros ears twitch at the sound of simon approaching. Coro facepalms once she hears simons plan. "what makes you think i would sleep with just anyone? Im not that kind of person Also who said i made a new friend someone has been telling you lies anyways whats this plan you speak of?"

Simon - Forest

With a laugh Simon turned to the wolf-girl "That's some pretty strong morals "I won't sleep with Anybody but tell me the plan anyway". The death mage picked up a large nearby sitck and tossed it to Harrison "Names Simon by the way and the girl next to you is Alexandra Wolfenson Canis the third last of her kind, half dragon, half angel, half demon also the child of a prophecy in which everybody gets cake." He gave a smile but kept his face completely straight "As for the focus or conduit it's something that regulates the flow of magic in the person so your head doesn't asplode... Also it stores some mana so that's useful. It's really simple and you can make multiple so I suggest right now just take that stick or whatever thing you see nearby and pour as much magic into it and boom you've got a conduit slash focus Imma just call it a focus"

Harrison - Forest
As he registers the large amount of information that was just blurted out by Simon, Harrison quickly just breaks it down into digestible bites. "Nice to meet you Simon!" He exclaims cheerily as he cancels his channeling, making his way past the duo and walks to the base of a tree to search for a decently sized stick.

Crouching over he continues to talk. "Alexandra Wolfenson Canis huh? Poor girl, your parents must have expected a lot of you. No parent calls their kid such a long, fancy name unless they don't expect to often have to use it. And you say she's the third last of the too many halfs race? Where are your wings and scales?" He comments jokingly before he frowns in confusion.

"Wait. Alexandra... Wolfenson... Canis... Where... where does 'Coro' come from?" He asks, chewing over the words with his back still turned to the duo before he stands up and looks inquisitively over his shoulder, hands holding a rather large tree branch.

"How this?" He asks, holding up the branch which seemed to be as tall as the two people he was talking to. "Oh and what's 'cake'? Is it like a focus?" He continues

Simon - Forest

With shock in his eyes, Simon shouted "Dear Ulrich man even the Brittanian know what cake is. I mean it's this super overrated sweet pastry and yeah Coro's a nickname because" he paused as if waiting for Harrison to get it "Yeah that" he said awkwardly before pointing at the stick " You should probably go make a reinforced and refined conduit after this" the young death made squeed in excitement "That means shopping you, should come with we me and Coro to go to Stahlheim. I love enchanting, honestly, artificing is one of my many hobbies" he flourished his hands which were covered by black fingerless gloves covering his forearms. They were filled with purple archaic runes that glowed slightly and dotted with white bones. A ghostly glow shifted and morphed on the gloves like a second hand was covering Simons "These babies cost me a months allowance but they sting like a bitch, I made them myself and they're reinforced leather"

"Are you being sarcastic.... your being sarcastic arent you..." Coro just sighs as Harrison gos along with simons outlandish idea. "One that is not my name and two im not half dragon and all that other shit he just said... altho that would be kinda cool..." Coro looks at harrison with shock as well. "you dont know what cake is............. we must fix this heinous crime at once.." Coro chuckles at an idea. "hey you should give him a handshake for educational purposes of course" Coro flashes a not so innocent smile.

Harrison looks at Coro, then at Simon, then back at Coro. "Look... Coro... I may be a farm boy but you need to work on your acting because currently there is no way in te nine hells that I'm touching the glowing rune leather gloves that he specifically said and I quote 'stings like a bitch'. Nooo thank you." He says to her, holding up his hands, before looking at Simon. "Also, sounds good on the artificing!"

"As for the cake, it's a pastry? Like a beugal? Why is there a prophecy for that? And she's not made of too many halfs? Just a-" heregoesnothing "Jackal-girl?" He finishes, inwardly cringing as he tries to guess what this lady is. This could mean an earful if he gets it wrong.

Simon - Forest

Looking confused Simon raised his gloves and spoke "Ohh don't worry about it, the glove themselves look spooky but the only thing weird other than the glow is the fact it's always freezing cold. Also when I say they sting like a bitch it's because they make arcane bolt casting much easier, I just point and shoot really" he smiled "Yeah you don't have to worry, the prophecy will only happen after a specific set of events involving an edgy and mysterious vampire demon, a kind-hearted and compassionate nice guy angel and something about the mad queen which might still be a while." the death mage looked confused slightly "I think it has something to do with Coro sleeping with the queen or maybe that's just a dream she told me about? I don't know man I just ignore it. As for the half thing she's also half verdant and I think like half dwarf so don't tell the witch hunters" Simon didn't know how he'd kept his face to straight with all the bullshit he just spouted

Coro- forest

"these ideas your coming up with.... you really are a pervert" Coro then walks off leaving the two behind still following the stream. 'I know he was joking but sleeping with the queen? He can be a real idiot sometimes..'

Simon - Forest

"Shit, Coro before you go I'm going to the tavern to try and find out about the Lord. You want to come?" Simon shouted then paused a moment in thought "Also I'm like eighty-seven percent sure that you told me about you having a dream about sleeping with the mad queen and that's not even me spouting bullshit to mess with the new guy"

Last edited:
Coro- Forest

At the word tavern coro immediately turns around and walks back to simons side "You should have said something sooner lets go" coro waves goodbye to harrison as she heads in the direction of the tavern.

Kodner - Camp

Kodner was also excited about the field trip. Now he could get his plants both free and fresh. After he set his tent up he started to check around for any plants that could be of use to him. Following a stream he found he saw Harrison sitting at the bank with a wolf girl and guy he almost stabbed with a knife walking away. Next to Harrison, Kodner noticed a bush with three leaves growing of f of each stem.

"What si it what is it?" He thought to himself walking towards Harris, " Poison Ivy!"

A couple yards away from the bear Kodner yelled to Harrison, "Hey Buddy you might not want to lay back. There is Poison Ivy about."

Simon - Forest

Simon was about to invite the new giant student with them to the Tavern until a much smaller Student appeared. He leaned down to look at the bush "Pretty sure that's Box Elder... Or maybe actually raspberries see these little red berries and thorns? I could be wrong but Poison Ivy doesn't have thorns and they also have white berries" he turned to the wolf girl "Coro can't you like speak to the plants and ask them?" he said jokingly.

The death mage then turned to Harrison "Hey new guy, You want to get smashed in the tavern? Or get some cake or find political secrets or whatever people do in the tavern"

Coro- Forest

Coro rolls her eyes at simons comment "Can i talk to the plants.... why dont you ask some wise spirit? Im sure they would know" coro had stopped walking and was now waiting on the others.

Simon - Forest

Simon's gaze was brought high like he was in thought "Yep... Uh hu... Okay got it" he turned to Coro "They don't know, But they did ask me to tell you that none of them are botanist, Dear god why would somebody wake them from their peaceful slumber, Simon is awesome and it's your turn to pay for lunch since Simon paid for Dante's grill last week"

Coro- Forest

Coro had the urge to slap simon but decided not to. "Fine but those two have to pay for themselves if they are coming along now can we get going?" coro was staring to lose her patience not that she had much to begin with.

Last edited:
Turning to Kodner, Harrison waves him over. "Yeah man, don't worry, I knew!" He laughs. "But sometimes you can find these berries that are super sweet once you cook em a little bit near the ivy." He says more quietly as Kodner makes his way over.

Sitting on the nearby gravel, Harrison waves his hand at the ivy, freezing it over. Reaching through the frozen plant material, he rummages through the dangerous plant, frowning in concentration before he lets out an "Ah ha!", retracting his hand with a handful of black berries.

"Here we go!" He cheers, standing up to show them to Kodner. "They turn red after they go through the fire and they're so sweet they could rival a... cake?" He says, wondering if cakes were actually sweet. It was a pastry right? Sounds kinda sweet.

Back