The Chronicled World - Fantasy Nation Building

Just give me short descriptions of all their strengths as a race and general standing in the world compared to other races. Remember they need to be comparable or less to other races in overall strength, and to save time you can just include it in your nation's character sheet.

Hi!

I'm interested in trying this.
I would like to develop a theocratic nation of Marjari set in the Silverglade, between the Ivory Houses and the Forged Born.
I'll try to develop a nice character sheet as you guys have, working on it. However, I'm wondering how you see these fishmen: do they have legs? How do they travel on land? I'm a terrible artist, and would welcome any image you might have to represent what you have in mind.

EDIT: I see the wild elves are actually where I had thought to implant myself. Didn't spot it without the map. Any recommendation of where else to settle down?

Last edited:
Hi!

I would like to develop a theocratic nation of Marjari set in the Silverglade, between the Ivory Houses and the Forged Born.
I'll try to develop a nice character sheet as you guys have, working on it. However, I'm wondering how you see these fishmen: do they have legs? How do they travel on land? I'm a terrible artist, and would welcome any image you might have to represent what you have in mind.

EDIT: I see the wild elves are actually where I had thought to implant myself. Didn't spot it without the map. Any recommendation of where else to settle down?
Sorry my map location doesn’t show up for some reason.

It's all good :)
I put all the locations on one map (I will upload it soon) and it looks like I should be able to fit between you and the forged ones. Considering the migration of the Marjari, I wanted to keep to the south coast.

Hi!

If you’re making fish men, it could be off of the coast. Alternatively, pretty sure north of Death Mountain is clear, or the far southern provinces like Silent Mountains or Dragon’s Bog

Ok, posted, let me know what you think.
First time I do this nation building, so all critics and feedback are welcome!

Hi!
However, I'm wondering how you see these fishmen: do they have legs? How do they travel on land? I'm a terrible artist, and would welcome any image you might have to represent what you have in mind.
Hello and welcome to the site! To answer the above question, Marjari are strongly inspired by D&D's Sahuagin. A friend of mine found an image we thought would work as a base on the internet:
0fc179d9dabea15b44c3d2ff20a18f3a.jpg

Still open to some interpretation, so If you'd rather them more friendly looking in your instance (the nation in your CS doesn't seem antagonistic) that's fine, this is just their basic features and anatomy.
Ok, posted, let me know what you think.
First time I do this nation building, so all critics and feedback are welcome!
My first impression: Whatcha got against orcs?... :p
In all seriousness, your nation's army is over 10% of it's population, which is pretty highly militarized. It's not too much higher then allowed, but you'd have to remember that indicates a really military/war-focused culture.
Also, I'm pretty sure that Greener was wanting Candelebrans to be mostly unheard of. Nothing you really need to change, just wanted you to bear that in mind.
Altogether, great job on the CS. I like it. Despite your goading my Orcs with your racist anti-orc hate speech! Nothing. who said that?

Orcs are vile brutes who eat childen! They don't send their best when they cross that border. They only send their raiders, looters and theives! That's why we need to build a wall between their border and ours to keep them out of the United Kingdoms of the Forged Born.

The Candeleb Kobolds are stories at best to the surface world. Spoopy stories told by mothers to scare kids about how the deep dwellers will take them if hey don’t finish their meals.

Noted, I'll remove the opinion on the candeleb.
For the picture, is the one used ok? I'm really ok with anything. Does anyone like to draw things?
As for Orcs, I'm glad to see the United Kingdom of the Forged Born has a healthy, reasonable position. Let's not forget the orcs will pay for it.

Noted, I'll remove the opinion on the candeleb.
For the picture, is the one used ok? I'm really ok with anything. Does anyone like to draw things?
As for Orcs, I'm glad to see the United Kingdom of the Forged Born has a healthy, reasonable position. Let's not forget the orcs will pay for it.
Well if you wanted my reaction to be ‘oh Jesus Christ what the fuck is that!?’ Then yeah! Pretty good.

@Amdarh The one you used will work just fine, yes.

Also, the negativity in this room is smothering! Let's just take it down a notch and remember that Orcs feelings matter too, okay? :p

Hey, it's not negative, it's a honest opinion they are a sub-breed :)
More seriously, if you'd rather I was less abrasive, lemme know. Wanted to create some potential conflict, but I don't want to create tension among players.

Regarding your remarks on militaristic and not antagonistic... my view was that they were like crusader vikings. Highly militarised, fanatically religious, happy to raid and plunder, but still engaging in diplomacy with other nations.

Oh, then I simply misunderstood. Feel free to do that, just don't put yourself on a higher platitude then others. We should all begin equivalent in power.

And don't worry, I'm joking too. It's all fiction here. :)

Back