The Chronicled World - Fantasy Nation Building

Are we sending the CS to the GM? I didn't see instructions for that. If its there my reading comprehension is suffering.

We just post the sheet to the signup thread (its on page 1 somewhere) and he'll PM you if he wants something changed. There are some guidelines for population and land allowance, but those should already be on the thread.

Not at all! EDIT: oops, ninja'd! you guys have atleast until I myself make my first post! :p

In all seriousness, Like I said before, late comers are fine, so join in whenever. I actually think If I get much more interest, I will expand the map to cover more areas in this universe.

Post your CS in the OOC thread, and await for me to 'like' it to be approved.

@Iamtheecchiking

hey, I'm sorry for pestering, but I think 1mil warriors is a bit much for your military. For one, that's near 20% of your entire population. I don't think any nation can sustain itself with that many warriors as you would be leaving a lot of gaps in your agricultural and industrial needs. Even if you swap out your military from time to time, that's still pretty much unsustainable.

They aren't full time military. Not all are on call at all times. At most, in times of peace, maybe half of that number is active. That is divided between both land and sea forces as well.

That is just the total number of military assets.

Yes, not all of them would be mobilized, because it would create problems as you have said.

The standing military at any given time is probably around 300k.

It's like the National Guard. Part time military. With other duties.

Ah. You should say that in your character sheet then. Cause I got the impression that you got 1mil+ soldiers ready at all times for mobilizing.

Aw, Greener, thank you for definitely acknowledging that, indeed, the Orcs are the hottest bachelors/bachelorettes! :p

In all seriousness, Ecchi: you can have a military that large and things, but even minimally training all that many would tax your economy a good deal. Again you can have an army like that, but you just can't have your cake and eat it too; They would be poorer soldiers (the civilians) if roughly the same resources as us (we all need to be on roughly the same platitude) went to arm/train way more soldiers. If not you would have more severe pitfalls in other areas. Other then that, your CS is good and as long as you bear this in mind, go ahead and post!

Alright, I have ironed out a system of natural disasters that I will use from now on after I get some feedback from you all. Let me know if you guys have any questions or concerns!

Once per Round (everyone has posted once and it is a new page from the last disaster, and unless I am asked to wait) I will roll a d10 and a d6 to determine a natural disaster and magnitude. If the d10 is a odd number, nothing happens. Otherwise, their are five possible disasters: Plague, Storms, Earthquake, Draught and Monsters.

Every page maximum I will roll this for each of the three regions of the current map: Northdawn and the Death mountains (Me and Greener) East Hersh and denzen (Chel, Ecchi, Amdarh and Emory) and West Hersh and denzen (Horicabu and Yogii).

So I might roll 'Draught' with a magnitude of 6/6 for me and Greener (which wouldn't be good), Nothing for the east (which is good for you guys), and for Horicabu and Yogii 'Monsters' with a magnitude of 3/6. I'd describe the disaster and how it starts, ("With the lack of rain and inconceivably hot summer this year, the mires of Gundertog turn to cracked earth while a small flock of griffins were spotted rampaging near the southern borders between the Grand House and Ashar") and then you guys explain how you handle it. I'd like to keep this 'theater of the mind', but I also want some hard randomization for the sake of challenging us, since I have a nation myself.

Anyways, feedback?

No, Just means I will not post a disaster until everyone have made one post since the last disaster and it's a new page. The 'round' thing is more for me then you guys to keep track of. If we are kept waiting too long we can count some people out until they post again.

Back