Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived The Core Systems: Ostra - Wielden Colony

The trapped Sli'f grumbled quietly as Hinata fussed over her. It looked like she wasn't actually trapped through mechanical means but by some weird enchantment that he couldn't quite piece together. Quite interesting, it seemed it was there to keep a Sli'f from falling out while working.

Annie grumbled a little more, staying still. "I'll get you some grease for those joints." He quickly hopped out of the ship and out of sight, a clank on the floor when his big metal boots hit the ground on the bottom of his workshop.

"an enchantment? that cant be right... I thought i had them all overriden. " Titania connected to the machine once more to search for that pesky script thats by hinatas words refusing to work.

Mizumi meanwhile kept herself warm by breathing up fire like a dragon every now andnthen.

Hinata came back shortly after with a bottle of mechanical grease, smiling as he semi-nimbly flipped to land feet first on the inside of the ship. In his other hand he had a little brazier with dim white fire. "This should keep ya warm~" He said happily, handing the brazier to Mizumi.

"So robot lady, what's wrong with the seal?" He asked curiously.

Mizumi grabbed the Breazier and practically huggednit. "Thanks~" bshe said.

With her eyes still closed Titania spoke. "Diagnostics bring uo a bunch of garbled. Mess indicating that the madius engine running it has degraded. Its a fairly simple fix just gotta rewrite the whole thing. Mechanically it has. Several issues. Locked up joints dried out grease a few missing bits and the safety lock keeps acting up. Otherwise its fine. Dont see and feel any metal fatigue just yet." As the elfin automaton sooke the whole room suddenly lit up when she began to rewrite the scripts. Keeping one hand on the suit she used her other to bring up script after script. Dragging her finger across the air she drew highly geometrical and intricate patterns. "Dont worry its safe to woek on the suit while i do this."

Hinata gave Mizumi a big thumbs up, one eye closed and his lips curled into a big goofy smile.

That smile immediately faded when Titania told him it was safe - as if he, experienced mechanic, didn't know! He puffed his cheeks up and poked his tongue out at Titania while she wasn't looking. Still, once he finished his childish gesture at the slightly condescending robot, he went to work on Annie's new suit; using a sprayer to apply the lubricant to the joints, lifting bits up creakily as he did so. "Also try to check what the system can do, Annie - while we're at this. Can you see anything special it can do?"

Annie hummed quietly. "Well, it's got a bunch of stuff.." A little hiss of steam jetted out of a little port and Annie squeaked excitedly. "Ohoh, it's got thrusters, and gas it can vent, some kinda pile driver, and OH MY GOD IT HAS FLAMETHROWERS." Said flamethrowers were actually welders, but in a pinch..

"Hey i saw that!" Titnaia called out to Hinata and deliberately made a mistake in the code to make the machine puff out a bunch of dust at the mechanic. "If it was anybody else than me working that magius engine it would not be safe to be even in the same room." Correcting the deliberate error she pushed the restored script off to the side and pulled up another one from the hundreds that were floating about the room.

Hinata squeaked when the dust hit him in the face - though given how grimy he already was from his work it didn't change much. "Gack!" He glared for a second at Titania, before finishing off Annie's joints. Annie giggled. "It's perfect now!" She moved about, her joints making no noise anymore at all! "All this text, it's all just for the suit?"

"Yes all of it to the very last hexagon is for the suit and drivers for its addons." As Titania spoke she pulled up one last spell. this one was way different to all the other ones. it had nine layers and was allot more densely packed than the rest. Some with a keen eye and understanding would see that thins magical script was calling upon all the other ones. This indeed was the main controller also known as an operating system. Entire chunks of this script were also missing so Titania just wiped the entire thing and copied over part of her own operating system while doing edits to it. Finishing up with the last rune in a hex she pulled her hand away from the suit as all the texts and magical scripts disappeared. "And were all done."

Mizumi stared blankly at the scripts as the floated by, reading from them from time to time...that is until they disappeared. once they were gone she returned her full and undivided attention to the brazier she was still hugging. it was quite surprising that the heat from it wasnt burning her skin. it did leave her clothes even more charred than they were before.

Hinata recognized scant few of the complex symbols passing about - he could easily understand why this method was phased out - it would have required even more training than the current system did and it required a good few years of study for all but the fastest learners. As the last script went into place, Annie quickly turned the suit to face Titania and lock her in a hug. "Thank you!!" She exclaimed happily - though with a mote of sadness - she was worried this settled Titania and Mizumi's debt to her, which would mean she couldn't get any more favors off them.. Shit, she played this wrong.

Hinata tilted his head. "Not sure you should hug that so closely, it'll burn your clothes even if it doesn't burn you." The idea of someone being resistant to something such as fire or cold wasn't unheard of - after all magic could do close to anything thinkable if only on a small scale and/or time frame, but he could clearly see her clothing charring by the second.

Titania tried her best to avoid the hug from Annie but eventuslly gave in and let it happen.

"aww... Oh allright. Hey Titanoa got some clothes?" Mizumi asked while tilting her head at the scene in front of her.

The elfin automaton slithered her way out of the tight embrace and walked over to one of the empty walls for the armory. All weapons were gone but after twisting the wall pannel it revealed a rack full of boxes all of the same size and look. "yeah got some here... Try not to burn these...i dont think anybody will make more of these. They should conform to you if the spell hadnt worn off yet." she hanfmded over the box which was ripped open by the fix girl.

"Thanks Titania!" Mizumi said happily as she got changed while Titania made sure to block Hinatas sight of her while she did that. After a few moments Mizumi was fressed in clothes identical to Titanias own which were slowly sgrinking to conform to her body.

Annie released the position of the hug only after Titania completely broke free, opting to simply watch as Mizumi got changed. Hinata blushed when he realized Mizumi was undressing and averted his eyes quickly, covering his face with a hand to avoid accidentally (or intentionally) stealing glances before she could get herself dressed.

Annie poked herself out of the suit now that it could properly lock and unlock, but as soon as she left she suddenly felt 'cold' outside, and immediately retreated back in. "You know I'm starting to like it in here."

Walking next to Titania she looked at Annie and the blushing hinata. "Well were now both matching...anyways im hungry again." Mizumi finished with demanding more food. Meanwhile Titania could only sigh. "If only you would have let me take a few sand worms with you wouldn't be in this situation" The automaton scolded Mizumi.

Annie flailed the mechanical arms of her suit. "Oi! I wanna match too!" She protested loudly. A screen in the middle of the suit on a panel like a face displayed a comically angry simplistic face, which Annie noticed and stopped. "Does this..." The face changed to a puzzled one, then an excited one. "That's so coooool!!"

"Can you stand still already!" Titania yelled at Annia. "Youl damage the ship." Looking away from the Slif she looked at Mizumi.

"Hey Hinata you can look im all changed." Mizumi told the mechanic while chuckling at the face display. Who ever added that into the design it sure was funny.

Annie's face plate turned back to an angry face and she poked out a bit of her body out of the suit, looking kinda like she was poking her tongue out. At least that's what she was hoping it looked like, and not just like she was trying to flail a tentacle about.

Hinata removed his hands from his face, his chocolate-hue cheeks still rosy from his blush. "Oh, you haven't seen what I've done for your ship yet, have you?"

"Nope ive felt it all... Had to write a few new scripts to support the changes" Titnaia replied. "But the changes wont stop me from worrying."

"Hey got any big things i can hunt down round here?" Mizumi asked just moments before platinum shift revealed itself as a white clawed gauntlet on her left arm.

Hinata paused. "N-no, I was talking to...Mmmmizzzuuumi, wasn't it?" The feminine mechanic asked, turning to Mizumi and tilting his head.

Annie laughed. "Ah, my stunted bud, no." She rested an 'arm' on Mizumi's shoulder, leaning on the small foxy human. "We're in what you'd call a 'super boring' city; nothing here worth killing, except Kevin but apparently that's considered illegal."

"Now thats boring" the fox girl pouted but then changed her expression as she looked at Hinata. "yes thats my name." she said to the mechanic. "What changes are you talking about?"

"Yeah, but I got word while you were out that some noble dude's got a field trip going. Says it'll be dangerous, and pays well too." Annie announced happily. This was a good time to mention such a thing, right? Yeah, sure it was!

Hinata tilted his head. "My sister said she was going on that - I might need the money for it after fixing your ship, too.."

"A field trip? I hope he brought nuff food cause im all in." Mizumi didnt even seem to care about the details as her excitement took over. Finally something actually fun came up.

Titania rolled her eyes and slapped. The back of Mizumis head. "We dont even know what this field trip is all about."

"I dont care. She said its dangerous so it will be fun!" the fox girl replied before jumping on Titanias back who could only sigh again.

Back