The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corrin narrowed her eyes at the two men, scanning their faces for a minute before finally lowering her cannon arm and morphing it back to normal. Omega Yato's holy fire dissipated and the chainsaw blade stopped spinning, indicating the fight was over. She sighed a bit before lowering her guard.

"Very well. But give me one good reason why I should trust either of you. I was torn from my world and you are the first faces I see. How do I know you had no part in this?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Because we were torn from our worlds too." Hector exclaimed, walking towards Corrin. "I was just walking down the hallways of my castle when some weird void pulled me into this place. You were the first face I saw and unintentionally provoked you into combat."

"I was on a routine patrol with Seth and a small group of Knights as we were having a regular scouting patrol for Bandits, when I got taken by some dark power. At first I thought it was the Demon King's loose power left over after he was defeated, but if it dropped me here of all places with unknown equipment and buildings around, then I'm positive that someone else's power is at work here." Ephraim explained, lowering his lance. "I spotted you two from a distance dueling each other, and attempted to call out for a peaceful resolution, but clearly you both couldn't hear me."

"Bah. You clearly weren't loud enough."

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin smirked a bit. She'd tell them her origin, but seeing as it was a bit personal, she would have to leave that part out. They didn't need to know she was in the bath anyways.

"I was resting in my world.Then all of a sudden I'm falling and I end up here. Who brought us here? Why? This place... it feels evil. Something bad happened here. Like some sort of battle. But why? I don't even recognize any of these machines...."

@Raynar Saassin

You could have all the power tools made by mankind at you disposal, but you'd still have to fix it yourself when you don't have the money, Cal mused.

Indeed, he was broke - he'd spent the last of his on-hand cash two days ago on some little gadget that looked interesting at first, but quickly got boring in less than a day. Now it lay on his workbench, disassembled, with half if its components stripped out and used to fortify his personal ship.

As he sat in the cockpit, trying to fit a piece of glowing something behind the control panel to make it look cooler, he felt something pull on his back.

"What the-"

And he was off, falling through a long, dark tunnel, his sense of direction messed up beyond recognition and the feeling of vertigo catching up to him like a torpedo. Then it stopped as sudden as it had come, and Cal found himself sitting in his cockpit still, with all his limbs intact. His ship was not, however, sitting in his hangar.

Outside the window, the world was on fire. Buildings burned like bonfires, bodies lay all over the ground... Cal's mind wandered back to the time of the rebellion. Was this how bad it was?

He punched in the start-up sequence into the ship.

"Reactor drained. Utilzing backup reactor. Estimated time to full system restoration: ten minutes." LISA told him.

Grumbling, he diverted half of the backup reactor's energy to cloaking the ship, and LISA informed him that the estimated time had grown to twenty minutes. He didn't care, he just have to-

A bright blue explosion not very far away startled him. Was he already discovered? He looked around and, miraculously, the ARC suit was standing a few feet away from him. It took him a minute, but he was able to power it on, and (to his joy) the reactor was stable and working at maximum efficiency.

He toggled cloaking and activated the Iris drones, sending the small spheres ahead for a look. He himself ran after them.

Corrin smirked a bit. She'd tell them her origin, but seeing as it was a bit personal, she would have to leave that part out. They didn't need to know she was in the bath anyways.

"I was resting in my world.Then all of a sudden I'm falling and I end up here. Who brought us here? Why? This place... it feels evil. Something bad happened here. Like some sort of battle. But why? I don't even recognize any of these machines...."

"I don't recognise this place either... It's very confusing..." Hector exclaimed, dusting himself off from the battle they had. "But why us? And who?" Was the question on both Hector and Ephraim's minds.

@Hahli Nuva

Terra Branford, a young hybrid of a Esper and Human, was resting up after their final battle with Kefka Palazzo to restore their world back to normal. She was just on the air-ship heading back to the town of Narshe or whatever was left of it, when a dark energy had pulled her from the back of the ship into a dark void.

When she came to, she discovered she was in a similar place to the World of Ruin, with buildings on fire and in ruins; bodies everywhere and strange weapons and armour littered about the place, including machines that looked similar to Gestahlian Magitek Armour Suits. Unfortunately as she was pulled in, so was two "Face" monsters.

latest
latest

"Ultima!" Terra exclaimed as she cast one of the strongest Black Magic attacks: Ultima.
7LWDG1.gif

This was the source of the bright blue explosion that Cal had seen as the two "Face" monsters were eliminated. However Terra turned out to discover some sort of flying sphere shaped drone approaching her. She immediately assumed a battle position in case it was hostile.

Terra_Branford_N.png

"If I have to fight... Then I'll do it. If you can speak, identify yourself."

@Agent Puncake

The small drones halted, scanned her discreetly, and cloaked themselves, transmitting the info to Cal's HUD.

A dual camera feed appeared, and merged together into one screen, before cycling through infrared, thermal, x-ray, night vision and stopping back at high-def. A list came up below it, scrolling slowly.

LIFE SIGNS: DETECTED
WEAPONS: AFFIRMATIVE
THAUMATURGICAL ITEMS: INCONCLUSIVE
THAUMATURGICAL INFLUENCES: AFFIRMATIVE
ONTOLOGICAL INFLUENCES: INCONCLUSIVE
THREAT PRIORITY: YELLOW

"Ah, shit." He activated Inferno, and transferred Brutus to the Vulture drone. At a single command, the agile drone dashed up high in the air, weapon charged and ready.

Cal stopped just behind a ridge as the drones relayed him a message.

INTERCEPTED SPEECH: "If I have to fight... Then I'll do it. If you can speak, identify yourself."

He activated a voice filter and turned on the suit's PA system. "You first."

Terra was alarmed immediately at the sight of the drone lifting upwards and charging it's weapon, preparing a Tier 2 Fire spell when the drone spoke to her, asking for identification. She hesitantly complied but continued charging the spell.

"My name is Terra... who are you? Are you apart of the Gestahlian Empire?" She exclaimed, maintaining her defensive stance in case the drone decided to attack her. Her fire spell was now ready in case she had to use it, but she'd prefer not to.

@Agent Puncake

Cal had absolutely no idea what this Gatling-Stalin Empire was, but the woman seemed cautious enough, and he could see the lack of open aggression. The Vulture lowered to a more reasonable height, and its weapon returned to the normal configuration.

"Callsign 'Vanguard', freelance private military contractor of Earth. If you lower your flamethrower there, I'll call back the drones and uncloak myself."

@Raynar Saassin

Terra was about to lower her Fire Spell when all of a sudden, another "Face" creature appeared behind the drone.

latest

She released the fire magic towards the creature and eliminated it, lowering her stance in front of the drone. "This place... It's filled with monsters like the ones I faced before... And what's this "Earth" you talk about?" She asked the drone.

@Agent Puncake

"Fuckin' shit!" Cal scrambled to turn and face whatever went "splat" behind him, only to find a smouldering corpse of... a face? Did she lob the fireball at it?

Was that not a flamethrower?

He turned around and jumped off the ridge, uncloaking himself a few meters in front of her, as the Vulture drone floated back down and attached itself to his back. "Earth. You know, the planet we all live on. You know Earth, right?"

He had a sinking feeling that maybe she didn't. After all, magic was not something humans had.

"I don't think so..." Terra exclaimed, scratching her hair as she placed her sword back into it's hold and started to smile. "I'm glad to meet someone new... I was worried for a moment that I was the only one in this... whatever this is." She explained, lowering her guard around Cal.

"But why are there monsters here... and why are they the same as the monsters back where I come from... And if there are more monsters, who knows what ones would be here..."

@Agent Puncake

Corrin knelt down to study the burnt and broken down corpse of a vehicle. What were these things? She had never seen then before in her life. One thing was for sure. They wouldn't learn anything new by standing around and thinking of possible reasons.

"We won't learn anything by standing around. Come on. Let's team up and see if we can find any survivors."

gbiiJXP.jpg

@Raynar Saassin

"Right." "Understood." Ephraim and Hector replied as they joined forces with Corrin to explore the ruined terrain. "Hey Corrin, I've got to ask. Where exactly are you from? You're wearing armour I've never seen before." Hector asked. "I'll move a bit faster and take point, scout out for any possible ambushes. Whatever teleported us here might have some traps lying around." Ephraim stated as he charged ahead and took point, scouting for potential threats or survivors.

@Hahli Nuva

"My armor was crafted for me by my father. I was born in the bright kingdom of Hoshido, but kidnapped by a neighboring king and raised in his country, Nohr. Both Hoshido and Nohr hated each other for many things, but this event is what tipped the scales to war."

Corrin sighed softly, looking to the ground as the pair walked. Her blue cape fluttered with the light breeze, ad did her beautiful silver hair. She opened her ruby red eyes once more and resumed her story. Each time she had to relive those events, all the memories of the fates came rushing back.

"I had siblings I loved on each side, but they all wanted me to make a very difficult choice. Return to Hoshido, or remain living in Nohr."

FEi_Apr012015_05.0.0.jpg

@Raynar Saassin

"So you're world was in the brink of War between two nations huh?" Hector asked, seeing the familiarity in her story. He then began to speak his piece. "I hail from a Continent called Elibe, where there are five large nations known as Lycia, Bern, Ilia, Sacae and Etruria. Alongside them, there is a archipelago known as the Western Isles, which is home to numerous resources and bandit camps. I hail from Lycia, a continent which is split into numerous states ruled by Marquesses, a high position of power. I am the Marquess of Ostia, one of the strongest Lycian States as it's main castle is known to be near impregnable."

Meanwhile Ephraim called out to the group. "Up ahead. There's some odd creatures here."

When Corrin and Hector walk next to Ephraim, they would spot some strange monsters down below them:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

"What the heck are those things..." Hector muttered out loud.

@Hahli Nuva

Cal depolarized the helmet's faceplate, revealing his face. "Which means one thing. You and I aren't alone in this. And if you've never heard of Earth, and I've never heard of your Gatlin-Stalin Empire..." He shook his head. "No, not yet. I need more evidence, and - what's that?"

He pointed to a slouched form of a massive machine behind Terra. It towered over them, even in its crumpled and (mostly) blown up form, and probably weighed a few hundred tons, easy. But what caught Cal's eye was something else.

LIFE SIGNS: NONE
WEAPONS: DETECTED, DEACTIVATED
THAUMATURGICAL ITEMS: INCONCLUSIVE
THAUMATURGICAL INFLUENCES: INCONCLUSIVE
ONTOLOGICAL INFLUENCES: INCONCLUSIVE
THREAT PRIORITY: GREEN
SALVAGEABLE: YES

"Excuse me." Was all he said before he dashed past Terra, making his way towards the machine, intent on discovering new tech.

Corrin narrowed her eyes at the beasts and summoned Omega Yato with a flick of her wrist. The golden holy sword appeared inher hand with a flash of light, and the flames on the blade ignited.

"We'll have to exchange information later, it seems. Right now I think we'd best prepare for battle."

Corrin twirled her blade around her and pointed it at the monsters. "That's far enough!"

@Raynar Saassin

"H-huh?" Terra exclaimed as Cal rushed past her. She felt however that something was odd about the strange drone that had appeared. She had then realised the shape of it. It was a Chaser.

latest

"Watch out!" Terra shouted as the Chaser fired a Magitek Laser towards Cal!

@Agent Puncake

Each monster was alerted to Corrin's presence and proceeded to attack her. The two horned creatures spat Poison towards her while the Wheel-Fused creatures revved their tires and charged towards her to commence a head-butt attack.

"Sigh..." Ephraim exclaimed with a sigh. "So much for taking this stealthy-like." Hector added as the two jumped down the hill, sliding alongside it as the Monster Party was attacking.

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin batted the poison away with slashes from her blade, before crouching to anticipate the wheel monsters' attacks. Thinking quickly, she brought her blade up and dodged the two beasts before shifting into Dragon form, freezing them in place. Her feet stomped the ground, and the two monsters were jettisoned up into the air with blasts of water, perfect for a follow up attack.

latest

@Raynar Saassin

Hector and Ephraim saw the opening Corrin had created, and launched themselves at each monster in the air, respectively, successfully hitting them into the two large creatures, knocking them over.

"Haha. Good show!" Hector exclaimed confidently as he lowered himself towards Corrin. Ephraim did the same and got ready to throw a Javelin when he noticed one of the creatures stayed back.

latest

"Looks like one of those creatures called for reinforcements." Ephraim stated as more of those smaller creatures joined the battle:

latest
latest

"How many of these things are there?!"

@Hahli Nuva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back