The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Not enough!"

Corrin smirked.

She launched herself at them, sliding along the ground using her momentum and forming her hand into a lance to impale one of the creatures right through. With the other, she swung Omega Yato around and stabbed the same monster where her lance was, only to shift the lance into her cannon arm and fire a blast of water at the second beast, stunning it and leaving it open for elimination.

@Raynar Saassin

Each strike from Corrin was successful, stunning one creature and eliminating the other as Hector smashed the stunned creature into the ground with his Armads, eliminating that one too. Ephraim then launched himself upwards and dived into the two large creatures and successfully impaled one of them, then pulled it towards the second large creature and successfully eliminated them both.

After all of their attacks successfully connecting, they had defeated the monster party. Victory!

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin rose from the ground, dusting herself off and dismissing her blade. She smiled lightly at her new team. This had been their first skirmish together and what do you know? They worked extremely well.

"I'm glad you can hold your own in a fight. We're going to need all the experience we can get if we're going to figure out where we are."

@Raynar Saassin

"Heh. You're not so bad yourself, Corrin." Hector exclaimed in a cocky attitude as he held his axe over his shoulder once again. Ephraim had a look further ahead and it was empty. "Okay. We're alone for now. I don't see any more monsters in the area for now. Let's set up camp here." Ephraim suggested.

@Hahli Nuva

Now Shen was many things. Power hungry, sadistic, ambitious, zealous and self-rightious. But honorable was defenitely not one of them. Of course, the Sangheili himself would firmly disagree with that, despite his actions not always ending up with his deeds...And by 'not always', I mean 'extremely rarely' or even 'never'. And yet...The Spartan wanted to talk. That was new.

"Talk then." replied Shen, not deactivating his cloak as he slowly and quietly pulled out the hilt of his Energy Sword.

@Raynar Saassin

Now Shen was many things. Power hungry, sadistic, ambitious, zealous and self-rightious. But honorable was defenitely not one of them. Of course, the Sangheili himself would firmly disagree with that, despite his actions not always ending up with his deeds...And by 'not always', I mean 'extremely rarely' or even 'never'. And yet...The Spartan wanted to talk. That was new.

"Talk then." replied Shen, not deactivating his cloak as he slowly and quietly pulled out the hilt of his Energy Sword.

"We are clearly in an area we can't quite understand." Raynar began to explain, keeping his guard up in case he got cocky. "We should think more about what this place was, and how we can survive... together." He paused before saying that. Working with a Covenant? Ridiculous! But in this situation, it was the only resolution as fighting each other now would get them nowhere.

"Wait a minute... Do you see that..." Raynar exclaimed as he spotted something behind Shen.

latest

"What the hell is that thing..."

@Wyvern Rider

"You two go ahead. I'm going to see if I can find any supplies."

Corrin waved and turned to leave, walking into an old broken down bakery. Empty food cartons and dusty tables could be seen everywhere. Corrin saw a small black device on the floor next to a body and bent down, studying it intently. Whatever it was, it looked interesting.

8a2041a439d3c25d7a0231d545c3a0bd.jpg

@Raynar Saassin

As she bent down to inspect the weapon, Corrin would discover that she was slowly being surrounded by several monsters. They appeared to be monster-fied rats with different colour schemes:

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

There appeared to be a large amount of them, perhaps the broken-down bakery was their home? Whatever the case may be, it would appear that if Corrin wished to leave the building, she'd have to fight her way out.

@Hahli Nuva

Seeing that she was surrounded, it would indeed seem that way. Corrin had been bred and trained to fight multiple oponents at once however, and in fact had devised a special techniuqe just for this situation alone.

It had previously only been available to her during a fighting tournament, but since then she had mastered it on her own. Corrin morphed into her dragon form, slamming into the ground as hard as she could and sending a massive wave of water flooding from her body and into the entire floor of the bakery.

Once the water was flowing she unleashed it in a magic maelstrom of power, blasting the entire force of monsters and sending them splattering all over the walls of the room.

@Raynar Saassin

"Shit!" Cal rolled away at the last second as the supposedly destroyed machine fired a laser of sorts. "ALFRED, what the fuck?"

"The construct has revived itself, Pilot Ryker." ALFRED informed him.

"No shit."

Cal changed the Inferno to its second configuration, and fired plasma bolts at its centre. "ALFRED, scan it and aim for the weak spots."

"Roger, Pilot Ryker." The Vulture drone unleashed a hail of pulse laser fire, directed towards one of the many weak points on the drone. Cal, however, made a mental note to put a round into any corpses he come across from now on.

@Raynar Saassin

Corrin's strike successfully eliminated the majority of the monsters in the area, splattering them against the walls. This only resulted in a new monster appearing, and he was not happy that his friends were being murdered.

latest

"Hey hey! Just what do you think you're doing missy? Those are my friends you're killin' there!"

@Hahli Nuva

The Chaser took numerous hits from their combined attacks, but they were not enough to kill it in one go. The Chaser activated a loud alarm which caused a few more monsters to appear in formation with the Chaser:

latest
latest

It had also spawned forth three drones from underneath itself:

latest
latest
latest

"It just spawned reinforcements..." Terra exclaimed. "Keep them off me while I charge up a Area of Effect spell." Terra stated, hoping Cal would assume a defensive position next to her as she prepared to charge a level four lightning spell: Thundaja.

@Agent Puncake

Corrin narrowed her eyes at the beast and dismissed Omega Yato. She folded her arms under her chest, fixing the monster with a look.

"I was looking for supplies when they surrounded me. I had no way out but to fight. If you value your life, you will step aside and let me pass."

@Raynar Saassin

"Wait..." The octopus monster eyed up Corrin and smirked in a disturbing manner.

"Uwee hee hee! What a pretty little girl we have here! Oh I'd love to wrap my tentacles around you... *Sluuuuurrrrrp*" It exclaimed as it licked it's lips from it's large mouth. Oh dear... The Octopus monster appeared to be a pervert.

And now the battle between Corrin and Ultros had now begun

"Uwee hee hee! I'm the proudest known as Ultros! And I can't let you pass I'm afraid. Does that make me a bad octopus?~" It exclaimed as it began launching its tentacles towards Corrin!

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin returned a repulsed, disgusted look at Ultros and leapt back just in time to avoid the attack. Omega Yato appeared just as quickly as it had left, and in an instant Corrin had slashed a line on the ground between them.

"You pervert! I wil not stand for this! You've just sealed your fate!"

Corrin lunged forwards, leaping into the air a bit to gain distance and stabbed forwards, shifting her arm into a pointed lance that attempted to spear the monster and hold him in place.

corrinsideb-super-smash-bros.JPG

@Raynar Saassin

"Uweeh?!" Ultros yelled in pain as he was stabbed by Corrin's lance, only for him to smirk in disturbing excitement. "Uwee~ Got you, pumpkin~" He exclaimed as he proceeded to bite onto her lance and move his tentacles closer to her body.

"Hey, you don't think..." "That she may of been ambushed by those weird creatures? I think so too. Let's get back to her position." Ephraim continued as they both began heading towards the bakery building. It will be a while before they arrive.

@Hahli Nuva

"No! Stop this!"

Omega Yato sang as Corrin cut through the air, slashing at Ultros. Corrin had yet to experience a romantic relationship, but this was not how she pictured it. A dashing prince this thing was not! Corrin shifted her arm back to normal and tried to pull away.

The beast's slimy, sticky tentacles felt ice cold on her body, and she couldn't ever think of a more unpleasant smell. She prayed that her friends would realize she was gone and come help her...

@Raynar Saassin

Hector and Ephraim arrived to see Corrin... in a very unpleasant state. "Oh my god... I think I'm going to hurl..." Hector exclaimed as he covered his eyes and tried not to gag. Ephraim however paid no mind to such a scene and proceeded to cut her loose.

"Uwah?! H-Hey! My tentacles are delicate!" Screamed Ultros as he was taking serious damage from Ephraim's strikes against Corrin's entanglement. "How did you get into this mess, Corrin... And why did you let him wriggle all over you..." Ephraim stated in a disgusted manner. For her claiming to be a powerful Princess and then ending up in this situation? Needless to say that Ephraim wasn't exactly seeing her as she had imprinted.

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin flushed a bit. Omega Yato didn't seem to be able to cut through the tentacles as well as she'd hoped, but by the time she realized it she had been ensnared completely in sticky, slimy, greasy alien spunk.

"Apologies... I must have used up more energy than I thought with that last attack..."

Corrin hadn't used Torriental Roar since the tournament, so she forgot how taxing it was on her magic. She cursed herself for being so careless. Had she known about Ultros' presence beforehand, she could have prepared better.

But now? She was ready. Corrin growled and leapt into the air, bringing Omega Yato down upon Ultros with all the fire and fury of Nohr's Chosen.
@Raynar Saassin

"Uwee hee hee~ Muscle heads are NOT on the menu!" Ultros exclaimed and pointed towards Hector.

"NGAHHHHH!!!" A war cry was heard from the distance as an unknown armoured creature appeared and stabbed Ultros on top of the head with what appeared to be a energy spear. "Uwah?!" Ultros cried out in pain as it rammed it's spear straight through his head before performing a back-flip and slingshotting him out of the building through a large window which was conveniently large enough for him to pass through.

"Keep on your guard... We don't know who this is---" Ephraim stated but was cut off as the armoured creature turned around and took off it's helmet.

8b32089f4948d1c45a1dc4ba7a55f49b.png

"Sup, punks! Bet you're glad I saved the day, huh?!"

@Hahli Nuva

@Raynar Saassin

Shen scoffed disdainfully. "Do you truly think I would fall for such a simple-" but then the Sangheili sniffed the air, and he frowned deeply. He actually did smell something, and he turned around, his eyes widening upon seeing...something. Immidiatly, he pulled out his Plasma Repeater and turned his back to Raynar, opening plasma fire on the strange creature, slowly becoming more and more visible as his cloak wore off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back