The Evrensel Conflict The Evrensel Conflict -- Chapter 1: The Only Easy Day was Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're kidding me. ALFRED, activate advanced targeting for defensive formations. LISA, I want you to accelerate the system reboot as much as possible. Gimme a sitrep."

"Roger, Pilot Ryker. Commencing advanced targeting now."

The Vulture came back down again, swapped out the Brutus for the Inferno, and dashed off towards the two humanoid monsters. Cal opened fire on the three small drones, intent on suppressing them for now and seeing if Terra's magic is as good as he expected.

LISA informed him: "Ship fully restored in three minutes. Decloaking will decrease time need to one minute."

"Decloak. You have full control over the ship once you're done. Target threats with highest priority." The big robot-thing now scanned an alarming RED on the priority scale. "You have permission to utilize all weapon systems. Just don't crash."

"Understood."

Cal nodded even thought LISA can't see it. "You almost ready back there?!" He yelled over his shoulder at Terra.

The big giant charged towards Shen and attempted to pick him up with brute strength. Raynar would see this as an opportunity to secretly take Shen down but he had the idea of seeing how things played out. Taking his DMR, he began shooting at the creatures head which began slowly stunning it with each shot. However this didn't stop it from charging straight towards him.

"Ugh, it doesn't let up! Even with these High Calibre rounds it's still charging at you..."

@Wyvern Rider

The two humanoid creatures proceeded to charge towards the opponents they faced, wielding their small swords. As for the three drones attached to the chaser, they attempted to charge up a laser on each of them, with the Chaser still ringing it's alarm. If they didn't take out the Chaser soon, even more monsters would start coming from hearing the noise.

"It's almost done... Just a little more time!" Terra shouted back.

@Agent Puncake

The Vulture swooped down and hovered over the humanoid creatures, spraying them with white-hot plasma. Cal shifted his fire from the small drones towards the alarm, hoping to destroy it.

"30 seconds to full restoration." LISA whispered.

"Okay, I'm ready!" Terra exclaimed as she walked towards the group of monsters and caste the Level Four Thunder Spell: Thundaja. This caused a extreme thunderstorm onto the group, relentlessly bombarding the Chaser and the monsters in Lightning until they eventually died due to the relentless barrage.

"I did it!" She exclaimed in happiness as the monster party had been defeated.

@Agent Puncake

"LISA, cloak the ship again. When you're ready, fly it over to me. All hostiles have been... uh, eliminated."

LISA whispered an affirmative, and Cal went for the large drone again. "I sincerely hope that you didn't destroy too much of it. That laser was something I could salvage..."

@Raynar Saassin

Upon closer inspection, nothing remained of the chaser that was even remotely close to savaging.

"Sorry... But what I'm confused about is why there are Gestahlian creations here... and why there are roaming monsters just like back home..." Terra questioned, lost in thought as Cal attempted to inspect the ruins of each monster, only to discover that nothing was salvageable from that magical display.

@Agent Puncake

@Raynar Saassin

As the creature was distracted by Raynar's DMR shots, Shen took this oppurtunity to roll out of its path. Now placed behind the thing, he swiftly reached to one of his plasma grenades and activated it, before throwing it to this new challenger, hoping that it would stick to its back and cause a ton of damage, perhaps even kill it. He couldn't quite place this...thing. It vagualy looked like a weird hybrid between a human and a Jiralhanea. Usually, a creature such as this would be considered a grand discovery for the Covenant Empire...But the Covenant was gone, and Shen had no interest in capturing it alive if that meant his own death. To add some fuel to the fire, he fired more plasma rounds towards the creature's back while it charged at Raynar.

The grenade alongside the combined Plasma shots weakened the creature enough for Raynar to pull out his Shotgun and fire several rounds into the large beast's chest, causing it to fall backwards with a loud thud.

The Hill Gigas was eliminated. Victory for the Spartan and the Elite.

"Thank god that's over. Now Shen. You promise you won't try any sneaky bullshit and try to kill me when I'm not looking? As much as I hate working with my enemy, this is our only opportunity to team up."

@Wyvern Rider

(What about Corrin's attack? Why didn't it connect?)

Corrin held Omega Yato in front of her defensivley. She almost got slimed during that last fight. She wouldn't be so trusting now.

"Who are you? Where did you come from?" Corrin asked impatiently.

@Raynar Saassin

"Well, don't ask me." Cal shrugged as he picked out pieces of junk and tossed them away. "We can go find someone who's from your place, but I doubt we'd see anyone here. This place's too crazy for me."

As if on cue, a mechanical voice laughed.

"Well, well, well, if it ain't Vanguard himself. Funny that I caught you here, huh?"

The twenty-feet-tall mech towered over them, painted in the classic police decal and sporting more than enough guns to demolish a small building. It pointed at Terra. "Who's this? Your little +1?"

"Why are you here, Officer Ranton?" Cal spat out the name like it was poison. The mech shrugged.

"Fell through some magic tube, came out here, heard you fight, came to apprehend the suspect. Now, if you'd kindly-"

Cal blasted the mech in the face. "Can't. Got business to do." He turned to Terra. "This is your cue to run."

(Oh whoops... I had replied to that response on my tablet and must of pressed reply without seeing Corrin's attack. My sincere apologies for missing that, that shouldn't happen again.)

OR8VoMf.png

"Name's Undyne. Although, I'm not quite sure what this place is." She responded. "I was just beating up--- I mean, training! Yes! Training a friend of mine when all of a sudden, poof! I got dumped in this ruined place. I've been fighting these weird monsters ever since. Saw you guys were in a bind and just had to help! I was a badass, right?"

"I... guess?" Hector responded with a air of confusion, while Ephraim questioned the fish lady. "I assume then you're a friendly?"

cwrJX3k.png

"You got that right, punks. So until we can figure all of this crazy stuff out, I'll be tagging along with you chumps."

@Hahli Nuva

"R-Run? O-Okay..." Terra exclaimed, nodding in a confused manner before running away, leaving Cal alone to whatever he was dealing with.

@Agent Puncake

Corrin had to supress an eye twitch and the urge to bite the girl's head off. Sure she had saved them from Ultros, which was great and all but why did she have to be condescending and prideful? She had already gotten on Corrin's bad side by interrupting her kill.

The princess of Nohr frowned and leaned against the door frame, one foot against the frame as she leaned back and gave Undyne a look.

"Hmph. Who says we should trust you?"

@Raynar Saassin

cwrJX3k.png

"Because if I were like the other monsters, I'd be trying to kill you right now. But one human back where I come from taught me that some humans, are pretty cool!" Undyne stated. "But anyways, enough about that. I wanna know about you! You looked pretty badass changing into a dragon like that! Just like in those Anime Comics and TV Shows!"

@Hahli Nuva

Corrin huffed slightly.

Undyne wsn't going to butter her up just yet. She still didn't trust the woman even after what she said. She'd have to see just exactly the true extent of her abilities. Hector and Ephraim were here though. She'd need to get their thoughts first before she made a choice on what to do.

"Hector? Ephraim? What do you think?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Thanks, officer." Cal re-polarized his faceplate and gave the officer a mocking salute. "You were a great help."

"What-"

The heavy interceptor's missile blew his mech to smithereens. "Great help as a distraction, yeah."

Cal boarded the ship as it hovered just long enough for him to get in, and piloted it in the direction than Terra ran towards. He activated the PA system. "Need a ride?"

"Hmm..." Hector hmmed for a moment before stepping up and turning to Corrin. "Well, if she were going to kill us, she'd of done it by now. I can't trust her as far as I can throw her, and I can throw pretty far. But for now, I don't see the harm in it."

"If she were truly an enemy, she'd of sided with that creature and we'd be beating it and her. Let's see how this plays out." Ephraim stated with a strategic expression.

OR8VoMf.png

"Not all monsters where I hail from are bad folk. I should know, I'm training one of the most nicest people you could ever meet! But uh, you can totally trust me. I'm not the type to backstab people."

@Hahli Nuva

Terra overheard his voice and accepted his request. "It'd be better than walking, that's for sure." She exclaimed with a faint smile.

@Agent Puncake

"Um... Let's just fly around and see if we can't find any sort of town." Terra suggested, getting into the ship. "We could use the time to learn more about each other... I'm sure you have many questions about me including my abilities..."

@Agent Puncake

Corrin nodded in response to hhector and Ehpraim's words and fixed Undyne with a look. "Very well. We'll give you a chance. We're looking for supplies right now to bolster our stregnth. If you find some or know where we can, that would be most helpful."

@Raynar Saassin

cwrJX3k.png

"I just happen to know of a location where there are plenty of food. I was just on my way there when I bumped into you punks. What do you say we head there together?" Undyne asked, returning a similar look to Corrin.

"That sounds good. But do be aware that we'll have our eyes on you. Not often we meet a monster that actually is friendly towards humans." Ephraim stated.

khhpSte.png

"I'm not surprised, and I in fact accept it!" Undyne stated in excitement. "Well? What are you chumps waiting for? Let's get going!" Undyne exclaimed as she began to walk out of the ruined bakery, out into the open.

@Hahli Nuva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back