The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

If I may ask, will the characters be teleporting into the New World or will they have been there for a certain amount of time?
I imagine it as a powerful wizard from the Old World opens a portal and the heroes are all forced into the New World through the portal.

Also, since I want my character to be a magical spirit, would he be changed in some way by the new world's distorted magic?

Ok so what is magic fueled by? Will it be Sanderson style (without blatantly copying)? For example in one of his stories, the characters swallow different types of metal, and when they burn them, each metal does a different thing. I was also thinking a glowing barrel is NOT a good idea for a sniper, whose primary concern is stealth ;)

Thanks for the feedback, but glowing is not really what I was going for. I intended to convey magicy stuff and some LEDs don't give off much light. I for sure though of this as I conceptialized the character. Whatever the final product is, it's intended to remain stealthy ;)

I prefer breaking it up by story arc. That way I can read it all uninterrupted like a book and really get in to the story and the characters.

I would think elves could totally exist in both worlds, but like suggested, just different types!

On that note, I don't break dragons up by color like D&D--I prefer every dragon to be unique. Shape, size, color, scales, feathers, frills, spines--I have 1,000+ pictures of different dragons on my Pinterest and like to use a variety. XD

Which bring up another point @Almighty.Person.Me, do you have a specific character sheet in mind, and if so would you like characters posted on a different thread or is this one fine?

Thanks for the feedback, but glowing is not really what I was going for. I intended to convey magicy stuff and some LEDs don't give off much light. I for sure though of this as I conceptialized the character. Whatever the final product is, it's intended to remain stealthy ;)
Obviously it is up to you. What I like to do when I come up with a character is look it up. Like you could look up how snipers work and that kind of stuff. What they do on mission, their lifestyle and so on. I am still in the process of creating a character (I.e. I have no idea what I want to be Lol) so I will pick on yours for now :D
Just joking of course. If anyone has character ideas for me please let me know.

I imagine it as a powerful wizard from the Old World opens a portal and the heroes are all forced into the New World through the portal.

Also, since I want my character to be a magical spirit, would he be changed in some way by the new world's distorted magic?

That's a good question. Personally, I think it would be a cool story-line/plot point if the New World's magic stream does have some strange impact on your hero. As a matter of fact, it seems as though several of our heroes are going to be impacted by this change in magic, which is cool. I think it will make things interesting.

I prefer breaking it up by story arc. That way I can read it all uninterrupted like a book and really get in to the story and the characters.

I would think elves could totally exist in both worlds, but like suggested, just different types!

On that note, I don't break dragons up by color like D&D--I prefer every dragon to be unique. Shape, size, color, scales, feathers, frills, spines--I have 1,000+ pictures of different dragons on my Pinterest and like to use a variety. XD

Sounds good. Yeah, I don't think color is really a good concept for splitting up species. Various things can alter a being's color. A simple mutation that changed the color of their scales wouldn't necessarily make them a different species.

Which bring up another point @Almighty.Person.Me, do you have a specific character sheet in mind, and if so would you like characters posted on a different thread or is this one fine?

I've PM'd Tiko about the Epic Forum and it should be up sooner or later. There will be a forum in there for character sheets. So once she gets that up we can all posts our character sheets.

As for the specifics of the sheet, I would just say try to lay things out in a bit of an organized layout like

Appearance: xx
Weight approximation: xx

You don't have to go crazy with details like "Foot size, Grandmother's maiden name, etc". BUT if you want to that is cool. More information doesn't hurt, it just might never come into play. LoL

and then if you want to add a more story-like description you can do that below it. Only reason I say the organized OOC layout is so I don't have to re-read a story just to remember how old a certain character is or whether they are 100 or 10000 pounds, etc. And feel free to add pictures too if you have one that you like, and that you think resembles your character.

Maybe we should make a list of what we need in our team. We already have a sniper. A list of skills and roles from which everyone can pick.
For example:
Roles could be: ranged, explosives, medic, scout etc
Skills: area-specific knowledge -magic, tradecraft and spycraft, tactician/strategist, cryptography, enchantments etc.
Feedback?

Since It's pretty obvious that the group is starting in Nuglar, is it fine if I make several minor characters?

Yeah. That's fine. We will need some NPCs ( I know they aren't technically NPC because they are being controlled, but I just refer to them as that). I plan on whipping up a few too for the sake of the story arc. We'll just need to make sure our NPCs aren't conflicting in certain areas.

Roles and skills for their combat group could be good simply to be able to figure out who works well with who and what everyone can do.

Yeah. I can dig that. Though I don't want anyone to feel confined. So if they think of something outside the box we can still find a way to make things work.

So far I know we have:

-Long range/ Sniper
- Rogue like / tool user
- Twin dragons / Dragon type stuff
- Magical energy that lives in stuff / Not sure how to classify that

As for myself I'm thinking of a hand-to-hand combat user who uses magic to increase his physical strength, speed, stamina, and resistance. Probably has various runes carved into his flesh for a lasting bonus.

Probably need some better classifications, but we still don't have too many character-specific details floating around.

Usually I play the bad guy. I tend to give myself strategic skills. It is not uncommon that I give my characters no magic powers whatsoever.

I'm hoping we can all take on the roles of different bad guys in the future as well ( ie Bosses). That way the concentration of villainy control isn't all with one person.

Playing a bad guy at some point would be pretty awesome. ^^

For my characters, twin dragons, one of which is more combat and combat magic based while the other is actually a very rare Seer dragon who occasionally has glimpses of the future, but it is always incredibly difficult to interpret and she rarely speaks of her visions. She is also very good at healing magic.

For my characters, twin dragons, one of which is more combat and combat magic based while the other is actually a very rare Seer dragon who occasionally has glimpses of the future, but it is always incredibly difficult to interpret and she rarely speaks of her visions. She is also very good at healing magic.
Sounds great. How big would they be, roughly?

Nice. Sounds like we got ourselves' a healer.:cool: So to what extent could she heal in the Old World? Could she heal a missing limb?

Edit: thinking back on how our magic system works. I guess this would be a matter of what magical "tools" has she unlocked?

Also I think it's going to be fun to see how healing magic is altered in the new world. Small heals would likely be the same, but the more magic pulled (like if healing a missing limb or something severe) weird stuff could happen.

I'll supply pictures for sample sizes when I can. :) They're older dragons, but not wyrms by any means. I've got a back story for the dragon species on the Old World in the works.

Back