The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

Nice. Sounds like we got ourselves' a healer.:cool: So to what extent could she heal in the Old World? Could she heal a missing limb?

Edit: thinking back on how our magic system works. I guess this would be a matter of what magical "tools" has she unlocked?

Also I think it's going to be fun to see how healing magic is altered in the new world. Small heals would likely be the same, but the more magic pulled (like if healing a missing limb or something severe) weird stuff could happen.

She could heal wounds that would often be fatal so long as the pieces of a Person was still there, like putting guts back in the abdomin and reattaching limbs. What she is actually working on learning and "unlocking" is the magic of regeneration, which is immensely difficult because it is a cousin magic to a magic of creation of life, which is, at least to her knowledge, impossible to achieve.

And I'm totally just making a lot of this shit up on the fly and loving it so I keep keeping it. XD

Of course if I can't find a character I like it kind of ruins the experience for me. So if I am unable to come up with one I may not partake. I will still help with the world-building of course and enjoy reading this story. It is going to be fun either way

Of course if I can't find a character I like it kind of ruins the experience for me. So if I am unable to come up with one I may not partake. I will still help with the world-building of course and enjoy reading this story. It is going to be fun either way

We can totally brainstorm a character for you! Scout-like. Would they be magicky?

I would like to be a spy/scout type of character. As for powers I still have no idea.

Sounds good.

Looking at it from a character's point of view I'm thinking this:

-Powers(magic) are something you have to hunt down and unlock, usually through difficult means. So every spell or power that you know is something you personally went out and found for yourself (unless your family member or someone passed the knowledge down to you)

-You work primarily as a spy/scouter so you would likely seek magical secrets that would improve this skill. Maybe you read in a book that there is a magic that lets you increase your field of vision tremendously or lets you see in 360 degrees. You traveled into some dark cave and had to do some jedi stuff without vision and solve this puzzle to unlock the secrets of this particular magic. You now have this tool that could be extremely helpful to the team and to someone in your profession.

-Then maybe you want to consider what weaknesses someone like that might have. For example, he probably spends a lot of time out scouting by himself. That means he won't be around the rest of the team where the concentration of combat skills and powers are. So he's probably sought some powers that either allow for awesome concealment, for very quick escapes, or for the ability to defend himself against multiple attacks. (as he might run into an enemy camp or something).

Just rambling here. I haven't even really thought out my own guys powers yet. lol. But with the magic system working so that every bit of magic is a specific "tool" that must be obtained , it makes all magic a person knows more meaningful.

Sounds good.

Looking at it from a character's point of view I'm thinking this:

-Powers(magic) are something you have to hunt down and unlock, usually through difficult means. So every spell or power that you know is something you personally went out and found for yourself (unless your family member or someone passed the knowledge down to you)

-You work primarily as a spy/scouter so you would likely seek magical secrets that would improve this skill. Maybe you read in a book that there is a magic that lets you increase your field of vision tremendously or lets you see in 360 degrees. You traveled into some dark cave and had to do some jedi stuff without vision and solve this puzzle to unlock the secrets of this particular magic. You now have this tool that could be extremely helpful to the team and to someone in your profession.

-Then maybe you want to consider what weaknesses someone like that might have. For example, he probably spends a lot of time out scouting by himself. That means he won't be around the rest of the team where the concentration of combat skills and powers are. So he's probably sought some powers that either allow for awesome concealment, for very quick escapes, or for the ability to defend himself against multiple attacks. (as he might run into an enemy camp or something).

Just rambling here. I haven't even really thought out my own guys powers yet. lol. But with the magic system working so that every bit of magic is a specific "tool" that must be obtained , it makes all magic a person knows more meaningful.
Absolutely great advice and ideas. I think I want it to be bad at fighting. Of course some basic fighting skills will be present. But as a scout if I end up in an enemy camp, I am a bad scout Lol. I need a set of skills that don't solve problems directly. This will require quite some thought.

Hello to everyone here! I just wanna say I'm loving all the ideas being passed around. Ill share my 2 cents on all the discussion on how this world will shape out later on but for now I just wanna say I'm very interested in joining this RP!

No not too magicy I would think.

As a scout you would be able to stealth around rather well, and you would be able to identify various enemy units, fortifications, and commanders, and if you can't you would be able to make deductive reasoning if you see something you don't immediately recognize. As a Scout you wouldn't be comepltely terrible in a fight, but your goal would be to avoid confrontation as much as possible, and if you do get in a fight you will need to rely on your ability to not get hit at on rather then blocking or deflecting blows as your thing frame, and low armor would pretty much be diddly against a dedicated warrior. I would recommend duel wielding simple weapons like short-swords and daggers as well as carry mid-ranged weapons such as short bows or light crossbows.

Personally, I think it would be a cool story-line/plot point if the New World's magic stream does have some strange impact on your hero. As a matter of fact, it seems as though several of our heroes are going to be impacted by this change in magic, which is cool.
This is actually what I wanted to happen to my own character. She is an elf, who is unable to use magic in the Old World, so she had to polish her skills in archery [or sniping, or any long-range skill] and healing instead. But when she was transported with the group to the New World, she finds herself able to access magic, thus she has to adjust and start learning. And this can cause some problems during quests and stuff like that, because she might have some "accidents" along the way, which may bring danger to her and her group.

Also, regarding heroes, would we have a leader of some sort? Because, I know that each hero have their own leadership skills, and ideas and plans might clash along the way. Would we have some "leader" or at least someone who has enough authority (or someone that the other heroes might look up to) to settle differences and give the final word? [please disregard if irrelevant]

Also, regarding heroes, would we have a leader of some sort? Because, I know that each hero have their own leadership skills, and ideas and plans might clash along the way. Would we have some "leader" or at least someone who has enough authority (or someone that the other heroes might look up to) to settle differences and give the final word? [please disregard if irrelevant]
I think you bring up a good point here. I think we should have a leader. As for changes in the new world, that too is a great idea. Other than magic we could consider physical changes: maybe air is a bit heavier and you need to adjust your shots accordingly or whatnot.

As a scout you would be able to stealth around rather well, and you would be able to identify various enemy units, fortifications, and commanders, and if you can't you would be able to make deductive reasoning if you see something you don't immediately recognize. As a Scout you wouldn't be comepltely terrible in a fight, but your goal would be to avoid confrontation as much as possible, and if you do get in a fight you will need to rely on your ability to not get hit at on rather then blocking or deflecting blows as your thing frame, and low armor would pretty much be diddly against a dedicated warrior. I would recommend duel wielding simple weapons like short-swords and daggers as well as carry mid-ranged weapons such as short bows or light crossbows.
That is actually a spot on description of what I am going for.

This is actually what I wanted to happen to my own character. She is an elf, who is unable to use magic in the Old World, so she had to polish her skills in archery [or sniping, or any long-range skill] and healing instead. But when she was transported with the group to the New World, she finds herself able to access magic, thus she has to adjust and start learning. And this can cause some problems during quests and stuff like that, because she might have some "accidents" along the way, which may bring danger to her and her group.

Sounds legit!

That is actually a spot on description of what I am going for.

So...CC did good?

I think you bring up a good point here. I think we should have a leader. As for changes in the new world, that too is a great idea. Other than magic we could consider physical changes: maybe air is a bit heavier and you need to adjust your shots accordingly or whatnot.

I have been toying with this thought for quite a while now, to be honest. Since we have quite a lot of "dominant" personalities (maybe?).

About the physical changes, yes to that too. Everyone has to learn the hard way that, not only are they in a brand new world, but they also have to adjust accordingly to the new environment. They may or may not take a few weeks doing that, depending on the skill and possibly their adaptation to the New World's system.

Well, I try to avoid giving myself too much power in the RP because I want us all to have creative force, but there are a couple of places where I'll probably use my position as GM.
1. I'll probably control the tyrant.
2. I'll probably control various NPCs and certain important NPCs early on(Though later I will delegate more of that control to other players)
3. And I wouldn't say I'm the "leader" of the guild, but I'll probably be somewhat close to that. Maybe the one who has been in this current guild the longest. (as there have been people who have come and gone over the years, decades,etc. Hence why we are the 'last' heroe's guild)

All of which I'll only exercise for the point of moving the narrative in a certain direction. Being the "leader" makes it easier to move the story along some times. For instance, if there's something cool I want to reveal in a nearby cave. If I'm a grunt and I'm like "let's go look in this cave" the guild would be like "umm. no?" and then I would have to tag everyone in an OOC chat and be like "Go in the cave plz". On the other hand, if I'm the leader and I'm like " I think we should check out this cave for blahblahblah reason" it's more likely that guild members are to follow me without breaking the metawall.

BUT

Just to clarify, it's not an elected position. Just sort of a seniority thing. Especially since considering that in the New World nobody recognizes the authority of the Heroes' Guild. If you all want to run away the instant the RP starts and do your own thing, that's up to you. And if you want to tell my guy to go fiddle his bumhole when he says "let's go in this cave" it's up to you.

Reactions: WiZ
Also, just to add that, it's possible certain heroes look more to other heroes in terms of "leadership" simply based on past experiences. So even though one hero may be the senior, another hero may take the advice of someone they respect more in lieu of that position. If that makes sense.

All of which I'll only exercise for the point of moving the narrative in a certain direction. Being the "leader" makes it easier to move the story along some times. For instance, if there's something cool I want to reveal in a nearby cave. If I'm a grunt and I'm like "let's go look in this cave" the guild would be like "umm. no?" and then I would have to tag everyone in an OOC chat and be like "Go in the cave plz". On the other hand, if I'm the leader and I'm like " I think we should check out this cave for blahblahblah reason" it's more likely that guild members are to follow me without breaking the metawall.

BUT

Just to clarify, it's not an elected position. Just sort of a seniority thing. Especially since considering that in the New World nobody recognizes the authority of the Heroes' Guild.

Noted! And this would actually be easier, if you ask me.

Hello to everyone here! I just wanna say I'm loving all the ideas being passed around. Ill share my 2 cents on all the discussion on how this world will shape out later on but for now I just wanna say I'm very interested in joining this RP!

Awesome. You're welcome to join.

Oh oh oh, I have an idea for leadership. Don't get me wrong tho, I don't want to be a selfish tyrant, but how about I am the "leader"?
Think about it, the guild of heroes is exiled to a new world, they don't even know where they are. So, magical spirit (that has lived in this land for decades pops up and guides the heroes on their journey.
Therefore, I wouldn't necessarily be the leader, just the one who guides the group.
Tell me if this sounds like a good idea, or if I should just shut up.

Perhaps not so much as a leader as in someone who tells everyone what to do, but perhaps more of a face for them--the one that is charismatic and does a good bit of the talking to represent the interests of all.

And I think a guide would actually be pretty dang good for them, definitely upon first entering the new world and knowing nothing about it.

Back