Ame Damnee The Sanctuary

Wroth
The Sanctuary, outside.

Ripping the cat off his head Wroth finally made it to Xena's Sanctuary, as soon as he was in front of the building he put on a forced smile to try and make her not worry about how he looked like he just got beaten up by a scrap tornado. Walked up the steps to the still broken door that Wroth stopped however after picking up a noise with his ears, Xena's voice. Sounding so tired. So sad in a way. And he was just going to barge in making things worse again.

Despite being humanoid Wroth's ears flatten at the thought of making her condition worse what else could a screw up like him do but make things worse than they already are. What could he do really? Looking up to the skies as if some answer would come, only to find an abyss staring back at him. "Wroth...." That name he was one of the only people to know what that truly meant, an archaic way of saying Angry. How he knew this he didn't know..... There are a lot of things Wroth didn't know. Who was he truly? Who are Taran and Legion? why did he feel so friendly towards a woman he just met today? With all these thoughts buzzing in his head Wroth didn't realize that he was walking down the steps just so he could sit down on the very bottom. Looking behind his back as he propped his head up with his hand. "I don't even know you really but, I will defend you in anyway I can." a small laugh escped his lips. "That seems like the only thing I'm good for rigth now besides messing shit up."

Guruk Shamad
Approaching The Sanctuary with Maric

The two men walked through the streets of Abaddon and toward the Sanctuary with a swift stride. Guruk had to adjust his stride for his much shorter friend; when the two of them had first met 50 years ago, it had annoyed the orc to have to slow down for the drug addicted alcoholic, but now, he welcomed the slower pace so that he could walk alongside his dearest friend. Guruk thought about the naked child appearing before them in the fields of Necropolis who in the hell was that anyway? They talked to Hi'dric like they knew him. I guess we will find out later, right now Maric and I have a job to do. The orcish man looked to his friend out of the corner of his eye and watched as he smiled, almost skipping along. Maric always became giddy during the hunt and it made his friend smile at his clear excitement. What Guruk respected the most was Maric's ability to control his excitement when the time came and how determined the man would become but it never stopped the orcish friend from poking some fun in the meantime.

"Keep your pants on, Maric. We haven't even arrived yet." Guruk expressed, half-heartedly chuckling. As the two of them approached the Sanctuary they noticed a young man? thing? daemon? sitting on the stoop. The two men slowed to a stop and observed the creature before them; he looked lost, destroyed, helpless. Guruk grunted at the pathetic sight of the man-child sitting on the steps, who was now in their way. "We will just walk by him, he is not worth our time. If he decides to stop us, I will take care of it and you go inside. Tell our lovely maiden that I am dealing with some business and will be behind you shortly to tend to the garden. Please apologize for my tardiness in advance." the way the orcish man spoke was well refined, polite, and well mannered. It was contraindicatory to his race, as most orcs were nothing but empty heads; it was clear that Guruk was a well edcuated man now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rue
Maric Vakarian - Approaching the Sanctuary

Maric could hardly contain his excitement as the two approached the sanctuary. He'd always felt this connection with Xena that he wasn't able to describe, but he never had a chance to fully explore said connection since his meetings with the ravishing vampire were so brief. He could tell that she was charmed even by his base personality, so he couldn't wait to see the effect she would have on him. He laughed at his companion's joke "Buttercup please. A gentleman never removes his pants until the moment is just right." He replied with a wink.

Some sort of horned gentleman blocked their path as they approached the front stairs. He knew the young man would be no challenge for Guruk and it seemed like Guruk knew the same as he laid out the plan. Maric nodded. "Do try not to hurt him too much, that'll be an odd one to explain." As they passed around Wroth, Maric gave him a courteous nod. "Good day sir, excuse us." Coming up to the door, with Buttercup keeping an eye on the daemon man, Maric was surprised to find the door broken, he could simply waltz right in if he wanted to. Nevertheless he decided to be polite and knocked on what sections of the wood he could. "Xena? It's Maric and Buttercup. We're terribly sorry if we're interrupting something, but could we come in? Buttercup is desperate to check on his flowers."

Wroth
The Sanctuary street.

Was in deep thought over what he should and should not do if he decided to go inside the Sanctuary. Maybe I should come in with a bag of money.... No Stupid! Stupid! She's a noble and besides, I already gave her 55 gold coins. Meat? She is a vampire so maybe she likes meat, though all she had was berries inside so she might be.... A Vegetarian? He thought that making a shrug and his face twisting into confusion. Damn it. Why is this so hard? Thinking and thinking, thinking so much he almost ignored the very well dressed Incubus and the Brute of an Orc next to him Wroth didn't care about them. Though the smell of blood did cause his head to shoot up as Maric passed him. it was faint, very faint but Wroth could smell it on the man. A patient of hers? Whatever If he causes trouble I can alway just- Noticing that the Orc was standing outside as still as a statue and looking at Wroth with a look of superiority.

"What." Wroth asked in an impatient tone as he stood up even standing on the stone staircase Wroth was still shorter than the Orc but Wroth was not afraid and certainly wasn't going to take that look.

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

As Maric knocked, Xena sighed. She really doesn't feel like dealing with all these people, especially since she knew Wroth was just outside as well. Errol met her eyes. He was going to turn around and open the door, but she shook her head at him, walking over to greet her would be visitors herself. Xena opened up the broken door on her visitors, placing her hands on her hips. Strangely, while Maric was in front of doorway displaying his charming smile, Wroth and Guruk were having a bit of a staring contest in the corner. Xena hoped the two won't get into a fight, and tear up the whole Sanctuary... or something.

For starters, she gave Maric with a forced smile and replied. "No... you aren't interrupting anything, Maric. You and Guruk may come in, please do. The back door to the garden is open, I believe. Would you like me to prepare you some tea?" she asked, and then glanced over to Wroth. "Wroth... come in as well. What are you doing over here? You've been outside for a while. I was just... waiting for you to come in..." she trailed off, remembering the recent incident on the Town Square, the reason her mind started going haywire. It was Wroth's blood. Absentmindedly she wondered--- hoped--- that maybe those morbid homicidal thoughts were just an effect of it, although she knew better. Still, its probably smart to warn Wroth about the effect his blood now has. "I think we need to talk." she told him, as she opened the door wider, a ghost of an amused smile passing on her face. "Try not to break the door any further."

Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary

His brow furrowed slightly as he laid eyes on Xena, she looked exhausted and emotionally drained. He reached out a comforting hand to her shoulder and upon contact, was met with a surprise, in her heart he saw a male, with chocolate skin and black hair, the male's back was to him but the sensation was somehow, familiar to him. He found that his personality had only grown more empathetic with this shift and that was it.

With a sympathetic smile on his face he said, "Don't trouble yourself for our sake Xena, we'll be in the garden if you wish to talk to us." He leaned in close and whispered to her. "We'd also like to talk to you, but take your time. We can wait as long as you need." He shot Guruk a stern glance and indicated for him to follow. They went to the garden and shut the door behind him. Making sure they couldn't hear the two, Maric addressed his friend. "Buttercup, if we run into that 'thing' in the future, do try not to antagonize him. It might hurt our standing with Xena."

Wroth
The Sanctuary.

Staring down.... up. At Buttercup Wroth's teeth were bared like a tiger about to pounce. Before things could turn violent he heard what was left of the door open, and saw Xena with her hand on her hips and a smile that looked forced. Wroth blushed at the sight turning his head to the side his eyes clearly nervous and full of embarrassment. The honey didn't work. "I'm going to kill that elf." he said under his breath.

When the comments turned to Wroth about how she knew he was outside and wanted to talk to him, his face was still burning. But now he was facing Xena and she could see on top that embarrassment was confusion, shame, and guilt. Wroth did have a terrible poker face after all so, he couldn't hide anything from people for long. As he walked in his chest felt heavy and his scratch marks and pidgeon wounds seemed to be forgotten by him. Protection. That was what he came here for... Yet after screwing up so much with Galizur, the Town, and even himself. Could he really do it?

"Buttercup, if we run into that 'thing' in the future, do try not to antagonize him. It might hurt our standing with Xena."

Wroth overheard the two talking 'thing' he didn't feel angry or even hurt, but tired. Tired of not knowing what was going on, tired of always seeming to screw up whenever he tries, tired of people who put on a mask. "I'm sorry." He didn't know what he did to Xena but he knew he did something. His voice was tired and guilty.

Guruk Shamad
Entering The Sanctuary

Guruk eyed Wroth as he stood up from the steps and stared right at him. "What" the boy asked. The orcish man ignored him as he followed Maric up the stairs and into the sanctuary, grunting as he passed Wroth. It was apparent on Xena's face that she was exhausted, Guruk waited as Maric spoke to her in a hushed tone and offered his comforting hand on her shoulder. Guruk followed suit as Maric sternly looked at him, as he passed Xena he smiled softly, speaking through his action that he was worried about her.

"Buttercup, if we run into that 'thing' in the future, do try not to antagonize him. It might hurt our standing with Xena." his friend's words felt like sharp knives and Guruk took them as hostile. He turned to Maric, a serious expression on his face. "Are you trying to say I was antagonizing him just now? Because if so, you need to open your eyes, my friend. I just looked at the child and did what I always do, tell you that I will handle it if necessary. If that man-child wants to be offended and seeks a fight, that is on him and not me. I would trust that you know me better than that, Maric. I am no fool and I would not jeopardize our work of so many years over a stain like him." the orcish man spat his words, clearly in defense. He turned and moved into his flower fields, kneeling down to tend to them.

Durbul was surprised to see Xena was here at all, he thought after what happened at the clock tower all they would find here is a empty building, but it seemed like he was wrong.
"Hello Xena, I am Durbul Stone-fist but my pals call me Durbul. It is good to finally meet you. Errol has told me a fair bit about you, thanks for looking after him while I been busy." Durbul said with a cheeky smile.

This person saved Errol and for that Durbul would always be grateful. It reminded him of the cloaked healer that save him in the streets. Durbul started to wonder since Xena was healer that she might know of other healers in the city, he always did want to thank the healer for their work. However Durbul did not ask, Xena seemed pale and tired and didn't want to pry.

"If you don't mind, may I have a seat? Its been a damn good hike and my leg is about to fall apart." Durbul chuckled in a friendly manner. Durbul quickly sat down on one of the beds without waiting for an answer.

There was a knock on the door, and Xena made her way over and invited a group into the Sanctuary. As they walked in Durbul gave them small greetings as they came in, but they might of not noticed him. The atmosphere in the room seemed to grow a little thick. Durbul turned his gaze over to Errol and smiled. "Well you guys are popular. You should make this place into a tavern. Could get a lot of business" Durbul chuckled out trying to lighten the mood.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena followed Maric and Guruk with her eyes as they went to the backdoor, tending to the garden as always. In the past few years Guruk has done just that. She narrowed her eyes. Was it a few years? How can she be sure of this memory? She knew that if she think too much on this, she'll go crazy, so she left that thought for now, focusing on Maric's whisper to her. They wanted to talk to her? About what, she wondered. Perhaps a new additional plant they want to add in the garden, or something? She had no idea. So instead she gazed at Wroth in front of her. He looked terrible, almost comically so, with all the scratch marks on his chest and face. "What happened to you?" she said with an amused smile. She touched his shoulder lightly and closed her eyes, healing all his injuries. They were all pretty small, so they healed almost instantly.

"I'm sorry."

Xena opened her eyes and blinked. Wroth? Saying sorry? She stared at him with a fond expression. He sounded so guilty and tired. "It's okay, you did nothing wrong." she replied. "Its just that, you see, there's a fact you need to be aware of. Your blood... seemed to have different capabilities now. I was careless, thinking I was going to be fine, though, clearly not." She laughed bitterly and walked over to the counter and got a basin of water and some towels. When she came back, she handed it to him. "I suggest you clean yourself up. Even a small drop like this..." she paused and pointed at a small stain of neon white in his face, a small trickle of blood from his scratches. "...may be catastrophic. So you have to learn to be more careful now, I guess. We don't want... that kind of things to happen again." her smile faded for a second, before coming back again. "Well! Since you're all grown up I am looking forward to you acting more grown up too, okay?" she added playfully.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I need to go see what Maric needs from me." she said as she made a small nod at him and walked in the direction of the back door. Before she left the building, however, she looked back and gave him a small smile. "You may rest here if you want. Also... you may refuse this, but I'd really like it if you leave a sample of your blood to me. I want to study it and maybe... we can get clues on how to better manage it." And with that she walked out of the Sanctuary, and into the garden, closing the door behind her.

She sighed. She couldn't believe she just lied.

Of course, she wanted to know how Wroth could manage his blood, and make sure nothing like earlier would happen again, but she wanted to study it for another, more selfish purpose. If her contact with it had given her the puzzle, maybe it contains the puzzle pieces as well. Could she really uncover what Taran cannot tell her, by herself? She had never felt so greedy for information, so thirsty to know. Taking a deep breath, she scanned the place, wondering where Maric and Guruk is. When she saw them, she walked over, giving them a small smile. "Hello. You said you wanted to talk to me?"

Errol
The Sanctuary

Errol had been rather distracted since he had seen Xena in that state, but it seems she's up and about now. He could catch the small sad looks between smiles, but she looked way better than she did a few moments ago. He gave Durbul a faint smile at his remark. "I don't think Xena fancies taverns, really. She calls wine the 'sweet poison', occasionally. And to be honest, we never really had this much visitors before. She was mostly working on the field, like in the Town Square earlier."

Errol followed her with his gaze as she disappeared into the garden. He glanced at Wroth for a bit, wondering what really happened in the Clocktower, but he just felt like it was something he shouldn't pry on for now. Especially with that look Xena gave him earlier when he mentioned it. So instead of minding Wroth's presence, he turned back on his childhood friend. "So, how have you been? How was life? And what in Satan's name..." he trailed off, gesturing at Durbul's legs. "... happened to that?"

Last edited:
Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary Gardens

It hurt Maric to see his friend get so defensive, he tried to restate his words. "I know, Buttercup, I understand you weren't trying to pick a fight. Unfortunately, that man child cant even handle stern looks. With that in mind, it's best to just ignore his presence entirely until he becomes a problem, then we act in self defense. Until then, lets not waste a breath of energy on him, eh?" He gave Guruk a friendly pat on the shoulder to let him know that no harm was done.

He heard the door open, turning around to face Xena, his face filled with genuine worry. Her face resembled one he had scene before, in the mirror back when he went through his identity crisis that nearly destroyed him. He wanted to console her, let her know that everything would be alright, not just to get closer to her for the circle, but because he genuinely cared about her. It was a care he'd only ever felt for Buttercup before, and he briefly wondered how this woman could trigger such strong feelings inside him.

He addressed her softly. "Our business can wait, Xena. I'm more worried about you at the moment. Your face is normally so bright, so cheerful, a beautiful shining light upon the darkness that one might call Abaddon. Today though, it is not so. It looks as if you've received news that has turned your whole world upside down, filled you with confusion and sorrow you've never felt before. I can tell, because I've been to a similar place before, and if you want to talk to me about it, I'm more than willing to listen."

Wroth
The Sanctuary.

At being told he did nothing wrong did make him feel like a million tons was just lifted off his chest. He was even able to look her in the face and smile his blush not going away but was less noticeable. Maybe I can still make this work. Sitting down on the patient bed the one where he first meet Xena, Wroth started cleaning his face and chest as she instructed, White neon blood made the towels and rags glow a strange eldritch light it looked like a bio-luminesce.

"Well! Since you're all grown up I am looking forward to you acting more grown up too, okay?"

Standing still like a statue as she said that in a playful way, his face went bright crimson and his heart sounded like a drum beat in his ears, something about the way she said that made Wroth's body feel... Excited? Why? When she made her way to the door Wroth's eyes couldn't help but wonder to her hips he didn't realize it before but underneath that dress, Xena looked as if she had a really nice ass. Though his head instantly shot up when he saw she was turning around sweating and clearly sheepish. Maybe I can talk to Errol or that new guy about this....

"You may rest here if you want. Also... you may refuse this, but I'd really like it if you leave a sample of your blood to me. I want to study it and maybe... we can get clues on how to better manage it."

His blood? Wroth was taken aback by that thanking the various gods that Xena seemed Oblivious to his... Weird behavior. "Ahahaha. Sure. Blood. Yeah, I have a lot of it. Why not share it huh?"He said laughing nervously and smiling sheepishly. Luckily she was out the door before she could hear that..... Or at least he hoped she didn't hear that. Turning his attention to Errol and Durbul. "I need to talk."

Last edited:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena smiled rather bitterly on Maric's remark. "You're right." she simply confirmed, but did not offer any explanations. She seemed distraught, uncertain. She was still processing it, the small clues Taran has left her, but for now it was something she just does not want to talk about. Her head was a mess. Realizing she had been rather rude, she backtracked a little and muttered. "I appreciate the concern, Maric. I'm just not sure that I want to talk about it. Your offer though... I'll keep it in mind. Perhaps... for later." she smiled, more genuinely this time, although sadly.

Guruk Shamad
The Garden; Inside the Sanctuary

Guruk listened to Maric and Xena's conversation from the garden beds without turning his head. It was easy for him to hear things in a far off distance as if they were close to him; the words between the woman and the man were clear. Maric had swooned the young maiden and, although Xena did not want to talk about her problems, she took his bait in a very different way. Guruk was always surprised by how the women fell for him, even though he knew it was because of his incubus nature, it still baffled the orc from time to time.

"The flowers are in full bloom, they smell as if they belonged to the heavens. They're perfect..." the orcish man felt right at peace being surrounded by his garden. "Xena. They might cheer you."

Reactions: Rue
"I don't think Xena fancies taverns, really. She calls wine the 'sweet poison', occasionally. And to be honest, we never really had this much visitors before. She was mostly working on the field, like in the Town Square earlier." Durbul shrugged and smiled, guess drinking was not for everyone, it was strange to Durbul. Everyone he knew drank so finding someone who doesn't was a rare find indeed.

Then the question he knew was coming came. Errol had gestured to Durbul's leg. Durbul's smile faded for only a moment and then he lifted the left side of his pants enough to show his friend his left leg. It was heavily deformed, the calf was not where it was supposed to be and the knee joint look like it had shifted significantly upward from where it was and the leg was covered in scars.

"I got it fighting in the pits, the lad I was fighting was a champion at the time, but I underestimated the bastard." Durbul shook his head as he spoke, looking back on it. It had been a silly mistake to underestimate a champion, but Durbul had his powers and had been on massive winning streak and felt unstoppable. Durbul paid the price of pride that day.

"He managed to knock me to the ground and to drag out my death to the crowd. he smashed my leg with his bloody mace." Durbul could still feel the cracking of his bones as clear as day.

"As he came swung his mace down to finish me, I rolled out the way and tripped him up, and smashed his skull in with my bear hands." Durbul turned his hands around in front of him to show Errol where the mans teeth cut into Durbuls hands.

"After that my old master cast me out, to die on the streets, he thought I was useless." Anger slowly built up in Durbul. "The bastard. Cast me out like trash! Years of my life fighting in his pits and for what!" Durbul stopped and calmed himself down. Taking in a large breath and letting it out slowly.

"The only reason I am not dead is because a cloaked stranger healed my leg. Never even got too see their face." Durbul suddenly clapped to add a dramatic effect. "Well thats the story about my leg and how Durbul-Stone fist was born. I am not the best storyteller best to leave that type of stuff to the bards." he said with a dismissive wave of his hand and small smile. To be honest Durbul leg was often a great source of pain in his life, but he used that pain to keep moving forward and prove to the world he wasn't a useless cripple.

"What of you? I bet your life has not been sunshine and roses either?"

Errol
The Sanctuary

Errol shrugged, as he looked up at the ceiling, as if deep in tough. He seemed unfazed by Durbul's story, just because he easily had some stories of his own. "Well..." he started, thinking of where to start. From the beginning? "Not sunshine and roses indeed. A wealthy noble vampire met me and Eltheya..." he trailed off, emotion leaking out from the sound of her name. "Well, he wasn't the most patient and kindhearted man. As usual, I'd get a couple of lashes here and there, but nothing I can't handle. Me and Eltheya tried to escape one time, it didn't end so well. That guy was crazy, absolutely crazy, he had this strange group he was in, like a cult or something, and would always order me to kill someone... " he trailed off, and laughed a little. "People dubbed me 'phantomslayer' for that, what a silly name. Long story short, Eltheya and I got separated, and when I found out she was dead, I killed him." he stared at his hands, the manic feeling of stabbing that man still fresh in his muscle memory. "I stabbed him over and over until he was a mess of blood and flesh. And he had this familiar, Nil---" he took the bottom of his shirt and lifted it a little, showing his chest so as to show the tattoo, but to his surprise, there was none. Nil was nowhere to be found. He blinked, taken off guard, and slowly put his shirt back down over his body.

Where is he? he wondered. He has a bad feeling about this. When did he disappear? Is he coming back? This question flooded his head. But it was not like him and Nil are very close to each other, he oftentimes had no idea what the shapeshifter was thinking half the time. For now, he decided it was better not to dwell on it.

"Well..." he continued his story. "Well, this familiar, Nil, he poisoned me. The worst 24 hours of my life, finding out my sister is dead, and then dying painfully slowly. I was sent back to the slave traders to be disposed of. I was damaged goods, no worth or purpose anymore. Xena found me there, she saved me." He said, a small hint of fondness in his expression. "She bought me back, labored hours and days to get the poison off of me, which is amazing. That's why even when she told me I could leave, I didn't. I've been pretty stubborn to be honest, but the truth is: she reminds me of Eltheya sometimes. I wasn't able to protect Eltheya... and by protecting Xena it almost felt like... I was atoning for my sins." he shrugged.

That was when Errol remembered, there was another person in the room. Wroth had been talking to Xena, so he must not have paid much attention to them in the corner. If he had heard their conversation, it didn't really matter. But the big guy was leaning towards them this time, catching their attention. "Where would she want my blood?.... Also, can I ask you about something?"

Without a pause, Errol replied. "Xena has a small laboratory of sorts in her residence. I assume she'd want to find out more about why your blood does what it do, or something. Also..." he glanced at Durbul, and then shrugged at Wr0th. He was still a little angry at the guy for putting Xena in that state, but since Xena seemed to be okay with it, and he didn't know the whole story, it was perhaps better to let go of the grudge. "Sure, ask away."

Wroth
The Sanctuary.

To be honest Wroth didn't know where to start with his problem or if Errol or Durbul could really help him but hey it's not like he had other friends, scratching the back of his head, while face in deep thought trying to figure out where to start until Wroth in a dramatic fashion snapped his fingers. Eureka. "Before today I didn't have trouble talking to Xena, that coal-skinned bitch of an elf, or any other female. I could talk, argue and even punch a woman if one got on my nerves or when I was under attack. After I got these horns, though." Wroth kinda trailed off wondering if Legion had something to do with his new horns or if it was like Xena said and he was growing up Wroth, however, had no idea that his body was that of a 19-year-old instead thinking that everyone in the world had shrunken down and he had grown new horns that made him act weird.

"I turn into a blubbering bumble-fuck when talking to a female! My face burns hotter than Lillith's taint whenever I just look at one! And for some reason, Xena looks.... Great. She did before but now I can't stop staring at her or noticing her nice ass or her fair skin.. Or how nice she is." Huffing for a second after he just got done letting all of that out feeling like he just ran 5000 times around Abbadon with a building on his back. "A monster in my head seems remote at this point!.... What's wrong with me?"

Last edited:
Maric Vakarian - Sanctuary Gardens

Maric gave Xena a smile of understanding, he knew that if this was a new revelation for her, it would take time to process. Still, the chance of her accepting his offer in the future, brightened his day a little. "I understand. The offer will always be open. Once you've figured it out, I'll be here for you." He turned and smiled at Guruk's suggestion, for as head strong as the orc could be, he always seemed to have an ability to brighten someone's day. He walked Xena over to the flowers and gave them a smell. "They do indeed smell heavenly, you two have done a wondrous job. Which also brings me to our business here today."

He gave a sad sigh. "I don't wish to give you more stressful news to think about Xena, but I'm afraid we're desperate. I'm sure Buttercup has told you at some point about our faith, the Circle of Sanctity, but if not, we're a small organization trying to spread the glory of Aditi and her light to the citizens of Abaddon. It's been rather difficult as you can imagine, since worshipping Aditi is so frowned upon in this city, no one has taken the time to listen. But Aditi has done wonders for us, she gave Buttercup a sense of purpose in his life, and she brought me to him and saved me from a life of self destruction. She helped me find who I was, and who I wanted to be. We wish to give everyone the chance to find happiness like we have from her."

He clasped his hands together, almost as if he was praying to her. "That's why we were hoping you could help. Your sanctuary is such a lovely place, a vision of hope, and you are so gentle, caring and understanding. We knew you would understand our cause. We were hoping you'd be interested in merging our organizations together, we have no official place of worship you see, so we were hoping we could merge the sanctuary into both a clinic, and the first official church of Aditi in Abaddon. We know its a lot to think about, and with everything else that's going on, we wouldn't blame you if this wasn't a priority, but we would graciously appreciate it if you considered our offer."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
The Sanctuary

Xena listened to Maric, considering the offer of the two. The Circle of Sanctity. She had only heard of the Circle once or twice around town, and as far as she knew they had been good samaritans, giving help to anyone in need in the name of Aditi, But for some reason, she couldn't help but hesitate. She stared at Maric and Guruk, staring at the looks on their faces. Whenever they talk about the Circle, their expression always seems to brighten with awe and reverence. But as much as Xena wanted to help them, the pairing of the Sanctuary and the Circle together... doesn't seem quite right.

"I don't know, Maric." she started, gazing into the flowers. Most of them are medicinal, but they all look lovely nonetheless. She felt a little better. "You see, the Sanctuary's philosophy has always been the fact that it is open for anyone. While your cause is pure, and I would love to help, I could not risk the possibility of alienating some of my patients, particularly the ones who have pledged themselves to Lucifer. You do know that more than half of the people here in Abaddon consider the devil as their patron, right? Religion brings borders, and I'm afraid I shall not have that in a place of healing."

Guruk Shamad
The Garden Inside the Sancutary

Guruk remained kneeled in the flower beds as Maric delivered his well-practiced speech. The orcish man ran his giant hands across the petals of the flowers beneath him ever so delicately, careful not to break them. He did not waver when Xena retorted with a very well formed argument and instead stood up to face her with a calming confidence. He walked toward Xena, his footsteps light against the ground beneath him and carefully extended his hand toward hers when he neared. Xena looked somewhat hesitant but the giant man had a softness to him which most people accepted. Guruk cupped Xena's hands within his, though they were giant he held hers faintly; careful not to cause any confusion for fear. The orcish man looked down at her, smiled, and gently lead her over to the flower beds. He looked at the beautiful life forms that graced the Sanctuary, each one different from the next but harmoniously living together. The giant kneeled down once again and plucked two different flowers from their homes. He turned to Xena, formed a scoop with her hands and placed the flowers within them, his big hands gently holding the bottom of hers as they created a bed for the plants.

"You're right to say that religion brings borders and being scared of losing your patients is admirable. Any decision is a difficult decision to make, but you see Xena. These two flowers are very different from each other like you and I are very different from each other. But yet together we have created this beautiful place where differences have learned unity." Guruk smiled like a small child does at the face of his mother. He closed Xena's fingers lightly around the two differing flowers and then looked up at her from his kneeling position. "Two different flowers grew together. It took time, patience, compassion... but it happened and we did that. Together." Guruk removed his hands from Xena's and returned to working away on the garden beds. The orc was never as good with his words as Maric but what he did possess, was the ability to make someone feel his cause.

Back