Side Story To Boldly Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That is correct to a degree. A utopia or paradise is deemed impossible by many, but we should always strive to be as close to it as possible," Doctor responds, "what is destroyed can be rebuilt by a new generation of pioneers who will learn from the mistakes of the past. That is the cycle that all of us as intelligent races must face.

You, in Rhode's Island? Tempting. I suppose you could help me take care of Ifrit if you ever come here."

"Rhode's Island is a moving fortress in which I live in and work in. So yes, it is my home,"
Doctor adds. "It is a place where we house those infected with Oripathy, for most of Terra shuns and rejects them. We hope to cure the disease while coexisting with them. And... well, there is a lot we do to head towards the concept of paradise. There are of course people with and without Oripathy there."

@Chaos Sphere @Takumi

A moving fortress? Wasn't the oddest sounding thing he's heard.

"Hey, this Oripathy...what kind of disease is it?" He asked the one called Doctor as Max and Five bickered, his glance landing on the Rhode Island resident momentarily.

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @EveryoneElse

"I have a wife, thank you very much," Five says, referring to his mannequin girlfriend Delores.

This guy is getting cocky, and when Five of all people thinks your cocky, then you're the most cocky guy out there.

"I'm worried about you, you know" Five began, "Don't want you to go near anything too sharp, or else you'll pop that inflated ego of yours,"

"Wow, I'm honored-" Max had started speaking as soon as Kiba finished his first sentence, but his excitement was quickly shot down as the older teenager continued. "...eh?" Max noise-d, confused by the time Kiba finished his second sentence. "What the hell?" was Max's final response by the time Kiba had properly finished.

So... I guess I was half right. He doesn't like me at first sight... but that's a pretty dang good reason, I guess. Max sighed. Told Cammy the outfit would look like nobility, haha! Guess I am looking sharp!

Given the sad tidbit of backstory he'd just heard, however, Max made sure none of his happiness transferred onto his face giving Kiba a very sincere glance. "...well, sorry for that, then. I'm not royalty, but I'm filthy rich-" Max paused, thinking about the past. "....or at least, I was when I lived on Earth. Plus, the whole Key business pretty much makes me a celebrity. Adding in the huge knight friend of mine, I can see why you'd think I am."

Max sneered. "Actual royals have a good chance of sucking, though. Overthew an entire kingdom of shoddy ones a few weeks ago. It was an experience," Max described, now smirking a bit. "But trust me, I'm not trying to hunt you or any of your friends down. If the Lord of the Light himself hunted people down, that wouldn't be very lord-y of him, would it?"

Max simply laughed; not too obnoxiously, but it was clear he wasn't taking Five very seriously. This kid reminds me of a much younger Ethan, Max reminisced, rolling his eyes internally. People these days need show no respect, I swear.

"...dude, you're, like, ten years old!" shot Max. "I mean, I got married a couple times in preschool, too, but don't you think this is a bit more of a time for seriousness?" Max then scratched the back of his head. "How does a third grader have such a big vocab list, anyway? And didn't you say you were stopping the apocalypse or something? Did all the adults in your world get killed?"

@Capri @Takumi

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @MaxIrvaron

“You’re wrong,” Five simply states. He reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a polaroid picture.

View attachment 8729
It was of an old man in his late 50s. If Max looked closely, he would recognize it as an old man version of Five.

“This is how I should look. I got trapped in a future version of my world where everything was destroyed for 50 years, and when I travelled back in time to help stop the apocalypse I got the calculations wrong and ended up in my 13 year old body. Is that an ample enough explanation for you?”

"...eh?" noise-d Max once again, bending over a bit to see the photo as he connected the dots between it and what Five was saying. With yet another internal eye roll, he stood up properly, wanting to laugh again but realizing that he shouldn't; after all, every universe had to have some semblance of ridiculousness, but this was just... otherworldly, that's how Lucy would describe it.

"Alright, I'll give you benefit of the doubt, considering every noble in Kiba's world tries to kill him, apparently," Max replied, shrugging a bit. "Honestly, I should've realized you were an old-timer. Your lecture gave me PTSD of Solaris every time I try to enjoy myself..."

Max sneered a bit to himself. If this kid- no, old man went to his school, like, 2 years ago, he would've gotten the full Irvaron humiliation experience; well, provided Cammy and Lucy were nearby, of course. But after everything that'd happened since then, a schoolyard talking-to didn't seem fun anymore... even if this kid really was an old man, he sure liked to talk. Max waited for a response.

@Capri @Takumi

"Good to hear, otherwise I'd have tried to fight you by now." Kiba half-joked as his gaze went back to Max, shoulders relaxing. He may have looked like he was relaxed before, but that hadn't been the case. He was tense and ready to fight the moment they left that room to walk deeper into the ship, on guard. Now, he wasn't as on guard as before, not completely.

Besides, the noble situation was a bit more complicated than he made it seem, and that explanation could come later if it needed to.

He watched the two banter for a moment, and when Five pulled out the photo, he leaned in a bit to look at it. Glancing to Five for a moment to study his face, then back down to the photo for a short while, he eventually nodded as if confirming something to himself.

"Same features, that's you alright." He hummed as he leaned back into his seat.

@Capri @MaxIrvaron @Crow @Others

"Eh, sounds good to me," replied Max, who was chilling with his arms relaxed and behind his head. During the conversation, he tried to pay attention; he really did. But all he heard was "blah blah blah oh no blah blah blah could it have been this? blah blah blah oh it wasn't blah blah blah dang we don't know anything". At that point, he just didn't think there was good reason to listen.

Oh, Mackenzie. If you're going to be a Keyborne, you must be more attentive than that. I think they dropped some vital information in that discussion, Solaris scolded mentally.

Yeah, that's your thing, Max replied, thinking while his body was still in the same position. If you really think there was something important they said, you should probably go talk to them. I'm going to relax until we know how to get back home.

Very well then.
Solaris and Max, at this point, began to walk in separate directions; Solaris headed towards The Doctor and Picard while Max began to walk towards Kiba... though he smiled and winked at Counselor Troi on the way.

----

Solaris approached Picard, his heavy steps making a bit of an impact as he traveled. With his golden Spartan-esque helmet that didn't show his eyes (he didn't have any in the first place), he might have seemed a bit intimidating at first glance, but his human, relaxed way of walking showed that he meant no harm before he stopped near the crew.

"Excuse me," he began, his head facing Picard. "I noticed one of your crewmates mentioning that you were already on course for a different planet. May I hear about what you all were planning to do before this... mystery began?"

@Jeremi
----

On the other hand, Max walked towards Kiba after trying to charm Counselor Troi, with his arms still relaxing his head but his smile turning into a far more neutral expression.

"Hey, Kiba," he greeted, remembering the boy's name. He in particular was easier to remember because he looked around Max's age, just taller and perhaps a few years older. "You were side-eyeing me a bit when we first showed up. Am I reading too much into it, or is there something you thought of telling me?"

Max still remembered how, a few minutes after awakening, while most had confused expressions, as soon as Max spoke Kiba looked quite... wary? Almost as if Max was familiar... but based on his expression from what Max remembered, it definitely wasn't a friendly kind of familiar. Perhaps Kiba was from the Natsu, and some jerk spread rumors about the great Lord of the Light that made him think negatively of him!

Well, I probably have my admirers. Perhaps someone got so jealous of my fame that they decided to sully my name, Max thought, chuckling to himself. How would Lucy put it? Oh, she'd call it pitiful. Yeah, pitiful describes it pretty well.

@Takumi

The response came from an unlikely source with Death's Head. "Perhaps cleaning your lobes so that you can hear better, yes? Looking for scavengers among ruins."

"Archeologists," Picard corrected him.

"Not much difference, eh?"

Thump, thump, thump.

Cloud felt his heart race, the feeling pulling him out of his sleep-like state. He was in a foreign place, something that was all too familiar for him. He looked around, there were others just as confused as him. He decided to lay low, try and not stir any attack- but kept his hand on his blade in case of any trouble.

He followed them aimlessly, seeing new people, and hearing confusing conversations. He blinked at the woman who called herself 'the doctor' as she spoke.

She didn't look like any doctor he had seen.

@Jeremi @anyone

The Doctor noticed the young man looking at her. "Oh hello there! You look awfully sullen. It's in your eyes I can tell. Do you have low blood sugar? I think I have a jammie dodger on me for a quick sugar rush." She started to look through her pockets to find the cookie.

"I will take note of those words," Yamato smiled and turned his head to respond to the hooded Doctor before returning his guard up. It's been years since he last heard of 'Rhode Island'.

And seeing that the iron-clad creature had lowered its sword and spoke these words, he sighed, pocketed his phone and moved towards Picard with his hands still in his coat's pockets.

Coincidence or not, he liked the near-perfect timing of that gesture. Although he intended to start up another discussion, getting out of this bland facility is an excellent alternative compared to wasting more minutes of his life chatting in it. He continued walking, silently following Picard all the way to the lounge.

Once he and the others had reached the interior of the lounge area, he went ahead to choose a chair that is closer to the Enterprise group and made himself comfortable. He then paid close attention to the discussion at hand, trying to find any information worth questioning primarily due to lack of detail. As far as he could gather from the information he heard, these are the things he deems as worth his interest: The fact that the mentioned planet they mentioned strikingly sounds like a post-apocalyptic Earth, the mention an entity named "Q", Trois' mention of a 'flash of lightning' in their mind and its possible relation to his current fate.

Once Picard opened the meeting for questions, he began to speak out: "Who is this 'Q' you may be referring to?" he raised his hand to get Picard and his crew's attention.

@Jeremi @Crunch @Crow @EveryoneElse

"Q is a godlike being part of a race also called the Q. He's devious, amoral, unreliable, irresponsible, and next of kin to chaos itself. His species are omnipotent and immortal non-corporeal entities who inhabit a personal dimension called the Q Continuum." Picard let all of the information sink in before he continued. "If he was the mastermind behind this he would already be here gloating about it."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere

Last edited:
"Q is a godlike being part of a race also called the Q. He's devious, amoral, unreliable, irresponsible, and next of kin to chaos itself. His species are omnipotent and immortal non-corporeal entities who inhabit a personal dimension called the Q Continuum." Picard let all of the information sink in before he continued. "If he was the mastermind behind this he would already be here gloating about it."

Yamato can only nod in response to this answer. If a lone being from a race that could easily wipe off a typical military force were up to something, they wouldn't be afraid to show it (or in some cases, afraid to NOT show it). As far as every high-powered being he met is concerned, they are excellent in demonstrating the magnitude of their power to the choicest of witnesses. Even Alcor himself crushed a Megrez bud with a snap of a finger several days before revealing his true identity to his fellows.

"I have no other questions as of now other than that alone," Yamato concluded as he prepared for the dismissal of the meeting and his independent exploration of the Enterprise.

NUMBER FIVE

"Alright, I'll give you benefit of the doubt, considering every noble in Kiba's world tries to kill him, apparently. Honestly, I should've realized you were an old-timer. Your lecture gave me PTSD of Solaris every time I try to enjoy myself..."

0fcf5a541cc48a6f3196a3219f9bce6f34861939.png

"We all come from alternate timelines with vastly different outcomes," Five says harshly, sensing Max doesn't truly believe in his history, "The concept of your gigantic world-ending Keys is something that is completely foreign to me and it sounds like a work of fiction, but I'm willing to believe you because of the Multiverse Theory. If I'm willing to believe the absolute absurdity of Keys and Kiba's wolf paradise then you should be willing to believe my history and my age,"

"Same features, that's you alright."

"Right, I'll be taking that back," Five says, snatching the polaroid from Kiba and Max and slipping it back into his blazer pocket.​

The response came from an unlikely source with Death's Head. "Perhaps cleaning your lobes so that you can hear better, yes? Looking for scavengers among ruins."

"Archeologists," Picard corrected him.

"Not much difference, eh?"

The Doctor noticed the young man looking at her. "Oh hello there! You look awfully sollen. It's in your eyes I can tell. Do you have low blood sugar? I think I have a jammie dodger on me for a quick sugar rush." She started to look through her pockets to find the cookie.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Crow @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @MaxIrvaron @Ver @Sark @Chaos Sphere
"Omnipotent threats tend to be quite bothersome," noted Solaris, nodding to himself. "If this 'Q' was a threat, may I ask how exactly we would
NUMBER FIVE

"We all come from alternate timelines with vastly different outcomes," Five says harshly, sensing Max doesn't truly believe in his history, "The concept of your gigantic world-ending Keys is something that is completely foreign to me and it sounds like a work of fiction, but I'm willing to believe you because of the Multiverse Theory. If I'm willing to believe the absolute absurdity of Keys and Kiba's wolf paradise then you should be willing to believe my history and my age,"

"Right, I'll be taking that back,"
Five says, snatching the polaroid from Kiba and Max and slipping it back into his blazer pocket.​

and/or defeat him?" It seemed that while his previous question concerning what exactly the crew was doing beforehand had been answered, this new "Q" character had piqued his interest. An immoral omnipotent chaos-child would be a deadly threat... Solaris knew this because he'd been fighting one himself for millennia, without much success.

Hopefully, our multiverses don't collide, thought Solaris to himself. This 'Q' meeting Elvira would most certainly be a disaster. It's quite fortunate, looking back on it, that Mackenzie and I were the ones who were teleported to this strange new world. Solaris grimaced. Perhaps it will even tell us how exactly to defeat Elvira.

----

"I guess that's a fair point. I didn't even know that other galaxies... or, I guess, universes were a thing without the Key of Time," Max spoke, mostly to himself. "And even then, I guess we got lucky that we don't have any time travelers in our galaxy. Then we'd really be screwed over."

Now that he'd gotten his answer (along with insight for the apparently old man Five), Max saw no further reason to continue conversation... especially with that fine woman over there. Rawr. Older women. Max began to walk over to Counselor Troi, and stopped when he was a short distance away from her. Leaning against a nearby obstacle on the ship, he tried to make eye contact.

"So... come here often?"

@Jeremi @Capri

NUMBER FIVE

"Right, I'll be taking that back,"
Five says, snatching the polaroid from Kiba and Max and slipping it back into his blazer pocket.​

"Omnipotent threats tend to be quite bothersome," noted Solaris, nodding to himself. "If this 'Q' was a threat, may I ask how exactly we would

and/or defeat him?"
It seemed that while his previous question concerning what exactly the crew was doing beforehand had been answered, this new "Q" character had piqued his interest. An immoral omnipotent chaos-child would be a deadly threat... Solaris knew this because he'd been fighting one himself for millennia, without much success.

Hopefully, our multiverses don't collide, thought Solaris to himself. This 'Q' meeting Elvira would most certainly be a disaster. It's quite fortunate, looking back on it, that Mackenzie and I were the ones who were teleported to this strange new world. Solaris grimaced. Perhaps it will even tell us how exactly to defeat Elvira.

----

"I guess that's a fair point. I didn't even know that other galaxies... or, I guess, universes were a thing without the Key of Time," Max spoke, mostly to himself. "And even then, I guess we got lucky that we don't have any time travelers in our galaxy. Then we'd really be screwed over."

Now that he'd gotten his answer (along with insight for the apparently old man Five), Max saw no further reason to continue conversation... especially with that fine woman over there. Rawr. Older women. Max began to walk over to Counselor Troi, and stopped when he was a short distance away from her. Leaning against a nearby obstacle on the ship, he tried to make eye contact.

"So... come here often?"

@Jeremi @Capri

"He's worse than Hige." Kiba huffed under his breath as he watched Max try to flirt. He wasn't impressed by his own companion's attempt to woo females then and he sure wasn't impressed by Max's attempt to woo Counselor Troi.

What kind of question was that anyway? Didn't she work on this ship? Kiba simply waited for either the meeting to come to an end, or Max to get rejected.

@Jeremi @Capri @MaxIrvaron @Crow @Everyone

and/or defeat him?"
It seemed that while his previous question concerning what exactly the crew was doing beforehand had been answered, this new "Q" character had piqued his interest. An immoral omnipotent chaos-child would be a deadly threat... Solaris knew this because he'd been fighting one himself for millennia, without much success.

----

"So... come here often?"

@Jeremi @Capri

"More often than not, he defeats himself," Picard admitted. "We have no real physical power over him. Either he gets bored or he proves a point and continues on. A menace in every sense of the word, and if I could be honest. I do not wish to speak his name more than I have to. He might be curious to come and see what's going on."

Picard looked around. "Now I think we're done with such a formal gathering. We have work to do but do not hesitate to ask if anything comes to mind. You are free to wander around. Navigating the ship might be cumbersome at first but I am sure the crew can help you with any questions." Senior officers started to dispears, though it seemed like Data decided to say in Ten Forward.

Troi gave Max a friendly smile but didn't seem keen to stick around. "Not as much as I want to. If you'll excuse me I have some work I still need to do."

As the captain left the room other crewmembers started to come in and continue their usual rituals. The bartender seemed to have a smirk on her face as the people poured in but she continued on with her duties.

Last edited:
Picard looked around. "Now I think we're done with such a formal gathering. We have work to do but do not hesitate to ask if anything comes to mind. You are free to wander around. Navigating the ship might be cumbersome at first but I am sure the crew can help you with any questions." Senior officers started to disappear, though it seemed like Data decided to say in Ten Forward.

Yamato stood up and walked out of the area in silence, with the intention to explore the Enterprise. The first thing he wants to see is that if a facility dedicated to research exists within the ship.

A moving fortress? Wasn't the oddest sounding thing he's heard.

"Hey, this Oripathy...what kind of disease is it?" He asked the one called Doctor as Max and Five bickered, his glance landing on the Rhode Island resident momentarily.

@Capri @MaxIrvaron @Crow @Others

"Oripathy is an incurable disease caused by prolonged exposure to a mineral known as Originium. On the other side of the coin, Originium is used to power many things in my world," Doctor adds, "it's part of why I wear all of this. Originium is everywhere in a sense, mostly in small volumes, but it is the storms containing concentrated amounts of them one must look out for."

Yamato stood up and walked out of the area in silence, with the intention to explore the Enterprise. The first thing he wants to see is that if a facility dedicated to research exists within the ship.

Doctor intended to explore the same areas that Yamato was.

@Takumi @Chaos Sphere @Jeremi

"Oripathy is an incurable disease caused by prolonged exposure to a mineral known as Originium. On the other side of the coin, Originium is used to power many things in my world," Doctor adds, "it's part of why I wear all of this. Originium is everywhere in a sense, mostly in small volumes, but it is the storms containing concentrated amounts of them one must look out for."

The two would find that they were spoiled by choice as far as science labs were concerned. One seemed to be found on a number of decks, and after walking around the different decks they ended up stumbling into the exobiology lab

The found Dr. Crusher there working on something. She had heard the door slid open and looked up at the two. “I see you’ve managed to travel the corridors alright. I hope you haven’t had any issues so far.”​

@Crow @Chaos Sphere

"What issues might we have had in the corridors, might I ask?" the Doctor asks, "I should take precautions, considering that there's a higher chance it'll get to us on our way back."

@Chaos Sphere @Jeremi

"What issues might we have had in the corridors, might I ask?" the Doctor asks, "I should take precautions, considering that there's a higher chance it'll get to us on our way back."

@Chaos Sphere @Jeremi

Dr. Crusher seemed to be a bit taken aback by the question. "I just meant that the Enterprise is a large ship and someone unfamiliar with the design might easily get lost. So," She changed the subject. "What brings you to the exobiology lab?"

@Crow @Chaos Sphere

While Yamato navigated the corridors in his search for a research facility, he sensed the presence of the hooded Doctor within his vicinity. Seeing that he might be headed to the same destination, he paid more attention to his surroundings, so that he could take advantage of any hints that could lead him to his goal. Eventually, he had led himself to what appears to be a biology lab that is seemingly dedicated to lifeforms not native to Earth.

They found Dr. Crusher there working on something. She had heard the door slid open and looked up at the two. “I see you’ve managed to travel the corridors alright. I hope you haven’t had any issues so far.”

"None so far," Yamato affirmed with a nod, "I have been the Chief Director of the Japan Meteorological Agency's Geomagnetism Research Department, and I have been used to this kind of environment for a long time," he stated confidently.

Dr. Crusher seemed to be a bit taken aback by the question. "I just meant that the Enterprise is a large ship and someone unfamiliar with the design might easily get lost. So," She changed the subject. "What brings you to the exobiology lab?"

Upon hearing the response of the hooded Doctor, and Dr. Crusher's resulting reaction, he can only respond with a light-hearted sigh. He then composed himself when she asked her next question before giving out his answer:

"I am here because I would like to provide myself with some knowledge that would help me familiarize with any foreign and anomalous objects & beings that exist in this world, as such information is necessary for me to keep myself prepared for any threats that I may face. In my homeworld, our only beings of interests are a powerful species we call 'Demons' and the ever looming extraterrestrial threat of the Administrator System. I do believe that this world has its own share of such entities other than the Q..." He noticed that she appeared to be in the middle of doing something. Taking interest in this, he asked, "If you don't mind, I am also interested to know about what you are currently working on."

@Jeremi @Crow

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @AnyoneElse

Wanting to get away from Max, Five turned to Kiba.

"I don't really wanna stay in this room for long..." Five says, "I know guys like Max, and they tend to cause more problems than they solve. So, let's say we see what's going on around this ship?"

Five has full intention of staying with Kiba, mainly so that he can earn back the trust he lost with the Enterprise's crew, but also because Kiba just seems like the most trustworthy guy around here.​

Kiba was sure that there was some form of equivalent of a power source that caused sickness back home. At least, there used to be, he was sure.

He never paid attention to humans unless they posed a threat, so he'd simply nod along as he listened, before giving the Rhode Island resident a brief 'see you' as he left the room.

NUMBER FIVE
@Jeremi @Takumi @AnyoneElse

Wanting to get away from Max, Five turned to Kiba.

"I don't really wanna stay in this room for long..." Five says, "I know guys like Max, and they tend to cause more problems than they solve. So, let's say we see what's going on around this ship?"

Five has full intention of staying with Kiba, mainly so that he can earn back the trust he lost with the Enterprise's crew, but also because Kiba just seems like the most trustworthy guy around here.​

He couldn't help the amused snort that he gave Five as he spoke about Max. He was still thinking about Hige, and other than the two being flirts with ladies he was sure that the other got into trouble more often than not.

"Sure. Meetings over anyway, not much use sitting around." Kiba replied as he stood from his seat. He didn't want to be still too long, who knew how long this trip to the archeologists would be?

@Jeremi @Capri @Crow @Anyone else

"Ah, I see. Fret not, I'm good with directions, it's part and parcel of my job," Doctor says as he looks at the displays and samples around the lab, "I'm a bit of a researcher myself. I thought I'd go somewhere more in-line with my line of work - the most familiar place, naturally.

What are you researching now?"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere

While Yamato navigated the corridors in his search for a research facility, he sensed the presence of the hooded Doctor within his vicinity. Seeing that he might be headed to the same destination, he paid more attention to his surroundings, so that he could take advantage of any hints that could lead him to his goal. Eventually, he had led himself to what appears to be a biology lab that is seemingly dedicated to lifeforms not native to Earth.

"None so far," Yamato affirmed with a nod, "I have been the Chief Director of the Japan Meteorological Agency's Geomagnetism Research Department, and I have been used to this kind of environment for a long time," he stated confidently.

Upon hearing the response of the hooded Doctor, and Dr. Crusher's resulting reaction, he can only respond with a light-hearted sigh. He then composed himself when she asked her next question before giving out his answer:

"I am here because I would like to provide myself with some knowledge that would help me familiarize with any foreign and anomalous objects & beings that exist in this world, as such information is necessary for me to keep myself prepared for any threats that I may face. In my homeworld, our only beings of interests are a powerful species we call 'Demons' and the ever looming extraterrestrial threat of the Administrator System. I do believe that this world has its own share of such entities other than the Q..." He noticed that she appeared to be in the middle of doing something. Taking interest in this, he asked, "If you don't mind, I am also interested to know about what you are currently working on."

@Jeremi @Crow

"I take it your world doesn't have a Prime Directive?" Dr. Crusher asked Yamato.

"Ah, I see. Fret not, I'm good with directions, it's part and parcel of my job," Doctor says as he looks at the displays and samples around the lab, "I'm a bit of a researcher myself. I thought I'd go somewhere more in-line with my line of work - the most familiar place, naturally.

What are you researching now?"

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere

"You, actually," She remarked. "I'm going through the scans I took of you earlier. Seeing if there's something that stands out. A common factor that could perhaps help us determine how you got here. Right now I'm just categorizing and sorting through the data."

@Chaos Sphere @Crow

"What terms does this 'Prime Directive' consist of?" the Doctor asks. "Ah, I see. So you're researching our signatures for an explanation as to how we, as I believe we have, crossed dimensions?"

@Chaos Sphere @Jeremi

"A Prime Directive?" Yamato asked, "I haven't heard of such a thing, thus I am interested to know about how it works. Perhaps you wouldn't mind explaining it for me?"

@Chaos Sphere @Crow

"What terms does this 'Prime Directive' consist of?" the Doctor asks. "Ah, I see. So you're researching our signatures for an explanation as to how we, as I believe we have, crossed dimensions?"

@Chaos Sphere @Jeremi

Dr. Crusher thought about how she would explain it. "I suppose it is more easily described as a Non-Interference Directive. Its part of the core of Starfleet, a philosophical concept if you will. That members of Starfleet refrain from interfering in the natural, unassisted, development of societies, even if such interference is well-intentioned."

She looked at Yamato. "I bring this up because while the situation is as unnatural as it is. I hope you can understand that I won't share information that might be considered harmful or able to tip the balance of power in one way or another. The readings I've taken are the bare rudimentary I need to do my research into your situation. Sharing our knowledge or technology beyond the veil of time and space might have dire consequences."

@Chaos Sphere @Crow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back