• Are you a friendly people person with a good balance of initiative and confidence? We're currently looking to grow our staff team and are looking for both forum moderators and mentors. See our announcement post for more information! No mandatory length of membership required to apply.

Side Story Twin Mirror

Capri

salutations!
Mentor
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York

Luca heard the banging and got a little curious. He tried to grab the attention of Sayaka and Childe by waving his hand.

“There’s something up there...” he said to the two, “I can’t exactly go alone,”

He took the lead, heading up first and waiting for Childe and Sayaka to follow.​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
The mercenary heard the banging as well. “Stay here, I’ll check it out.” He grabbed his sidearm from his hip. “If I’m not back in fifteen minutes then that means what caused that is not friendly.”

Luca spoke up about checking out as well. "You're safer here, but I can't tell you no. Stay behind me in case there's hostiles." With that, he made his way towards where the banging was coming from.

@dark @Capri @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Lucky @Office
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wanda Maximoff

Wanda had taken a moment to compose herself as they ran off into the office and then the hordes came. She would help by moving things for awhile towards the window to make a more effective barricade when the loud thudding could be heard. She noticed that Luca and the guy in armor were going to investigate. She would walk in front of them both, taking a lead. " And if they aren't hostile, they might be a bit terrified if a man in armor and someone who has buttons for eyes just walk in and confront them. And I can handle myself, so don't worry about it not being for me," she replied, a but of her Sokavian accent coming through.

@Capri @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Officer​
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
"H-Hello?"

A young girl spoke upon hearing Clare. Following her voice, she was past a clumping of bushes, sitting on a rock. Her eyes were red slightly.



"Are you... human?" she asked.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



The banging got more loud as the trio moved through the building, though not entirely loud enough for one to think the banging was being done intentionally. As for the sounds coming from the world outside, they were dim but indicated that there likely wasn't a hoard attacking the other parts of the building.

The banging stopped once the source of the noise was discovered. In a storage room, there were a number of lockers sitting inconspicuously in a corner.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @BackOffice
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Gundham Tanaka

While Coach was conversing with the trembling jewelry shop owner, Gundham took the initiative to prepare some reconnaissance, turning to face the primary entrance of the store and commanding the pigeons on his shoulders with a horizontal sweeping gesture from his left hand to watch over the building from above the windows the building possesses. From what he could infer from following the gun-wielding acquaintance, it appears that the undead beings are likely spread all over the entire city. While he waited for the words from either Coach or the birds that he had commanded earlier, he would feed the Four Dark Devas of Destruction some sunflower seeds that he had been keeping in his pockets specifically for them.

@Atomic Knight
 

Capri

salutations!
Mentor
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky

These two aren’t Childe and Sayaka... they’re scrap metal and completely useless...

“Well, when there’s smoke...”

Breaking ahead of the two of them he opened a locker, caution be damned.​
 

Takumi

Member of the Yato Club
"H-Hello?"

A young girl spoke upon hearing Clare. Following her voice, she was past a clumping of bushes, sitting on a rock. Her eyes were red slightly.



"Are you... human?" she asked.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



The banging got more loud as the trio moved through the building, though not entirely loud enough for one to think the banging was being done intentionally. As for the sounds coming from the world outside, they were dim but indicated that there likely wasn't a hoard attacking the other parts of the building.

The banging stopped once the source of the noise was discovered. In a storage room, there were a number of lockers sitting inconspicuously in a corner.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @BackOffice
Clare stared at the young woman with a frown. That was a question she hadn't expected. She could easily pass as human if one didn't take account of her eye color and pale skin, yet it's been so long since anyone really took note of such a things that she never thought about it. It wasn't like there were more inhuman looking creatures out in the vast multiverse, and even then most she met did not know what a Claymore was or feared her because of it.

She didn't want to scare the young woman off, but she wouldn't lie. How human she was didn't matter to Clare at the moment and never really had. She stood between Jose and the woman, as Jose was currently holding Arya and the Silver eyed Witch didn't know if the young woman could be a threat in the next moment or two.

"Partially. Are you hurt at all, can you stand?" She replied, giving her a once over for any possible injuries as she asked her own questions.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Park
 
Last edited:

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Jose exhaled, relieved that this park was unharmed, at least...until they heard crying. "Be careful," he whispered to Clare. Surely it could just be an innocent, but you can never truly know, can you?

Though as they approached the strange girl, Jose still wasn't convinced. Who asks a question like that upon meeting other people? He would put his weight on one leg towards back where they'd come, ready to take off with Arya if necessary. Everything was so unpredictable right now, he wasn't about to put anyone in more danger.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Park​
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wanda Maximoff

Wanda would notice the lockers out of the corner of her eyes and she didn’t stop Luca from opening the locker. She instead listen to see exactly where the banging was mostly to be coming from. “ There is something off about this,” she replied.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri
 

York

Just a newbie...
The mercenary went to work trying to find any lose debris to strengthen the windows and the doors. "Anyone just standing around we need to work fast. If any exit is breached we'll be quickly overrun." He should have asked for more credits.

@dark @Capri @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Minerva @Lucky @Office
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @dark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Lucky

Taking the cubicle pieces Sayaka threw to him, Luca used some pieces of scrap iron to quickly create a couple of walls for the windows.

Luca quickly moved some of the debris Mando placed over one of the windows and replaced them with one of his hand crafted walls, placing the debris right back where they were, pinning the wall against the window.

“If anyone else wants to help place those walls against the windows, you can!”
The park appeared relatively free of the chaos occurring in other parts of the city, though it seemed abandoned for some reason. A few of the trees appeared to be shaped oddly and some had bark the color of blue. Other than that, nothing appeared out of the ordinary.

Nearby, the faint sound of crying could be heard.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



Pope nodded and got to work on helping others move the furniture against the vulnerable parts of the main floor. There was an understanding that despite the power of all those involved, the numbers of infected and the general chaos made trying to fight a risky venture at best.

By the time the group had barricaded the front windows, they could hear the crash of the infected breaking through, slamming into the makeshift barrier. It was enough to hold for now, though the group would need to make use of the gaps in the barrier to thin the horde.

"We need a moment to assess our next move," Pope said as she busily scanned her documents. "Perhaps we should have made a break for the UN building instead..."

She went silent when the sound of banging occurred somewhere else on the main floor, away from the horde.

@dark @Capri @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Lucky @Office



"Are you even listening?!"
the boy exclaimed to Shigaraki. He shook his head and moved to run and leave the man behind, but a horde of infected came up on the pair of them fast. The boy backed up, finding himself and Shigaraki completely surrounded now.

@Space_Candy @Crow



Coach gave Gundham a confused look but moved on quickly. "Then we gotta go to a friend's place and pick up some supplies. You with me?"

Making a run for it, Coach crossed the street and ducked into a nearby alley. No infected came across him until he exited on to the next street over. A pair caught sight of him and ran toward him but Coach quickly unloaded a shot into each of them. "Poor bastards," he muttered.

He then led Gundham down the road, keeping low on the sidewalk to avoid packs of the infected on the street. "Just a little bit farther now," he said, crossing this street now. He then ducked into a jewellery store. The windows had been shattered and a man was behind the counter, crouched down in the fetal position.

"I know you got a back door," Coach said to the man. "You got the key? I'll keep you safe."

The man didn't respond, only shivering in fear. Coach let out sad but frustrated sigh.

@Chaos Sphere
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York

Luca heard the banging and got a little curious. He tried to grab the attention of Sayaka and Childe by waving his hand.

“There’s something up there...” he said to the two, “I can’t exactly go alone,”

He took the lead, heading up first and waiting for Childe and Sayaka to follow.​
"H-Hello?"

A young girl spoke upon hearing Clare. Following her voice, she was past a clumping of bushes, sitting on a rock. Her eyes were red slightly.



"Are you... human?" she asked.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



The banging got more loud as the trio moved through the building, though not entirely loud enough for one to think the banging was being done intentionally. As for the sounds coming from the world outside, they were dim but indicated that there likely wasn't a hoard attacking the other parts of the building.

The banging stopped once the source of the noise was discovered. In a storage room, there were a number of lockers sitting inconspicuously in a corner.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @BackOffice
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky

These two aren’t Childe and Sayaka... they’re scrap metal and completely useless...

“Well, when there’s smoke...”

Breaking ahead of the two of them he opened a locker, caution be damned.​
Wanda Maximoff

Wanda would notice the lockers out of the corner of her eyes and she didn’t stop Luca from opening the locker. She instead listen to see exactly where the banging was mostly to be coming from. “ There is something off about this,” she replied.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri
Sayaka Miki
@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @BackOffice

Sayaka had been keeping a tentative eye on the barricades, even when they seemed to be safe. Upon hearing the banging noise, she didn't move immediately. Instead, she took some extra time to inspect the barricades, though she gave Luca a quiet nod, affirming she noticed his gestures.

But soon after she had checked the barricades carefully, she manifested a sword, wielding it in both hands this time as she swiftly moved to the back of the office, her caution only heightened by the fact that the banging noise had stopped.

Noticing that Luca had begun to open a locker, she stood alert, sword still drawn, acknowledging Wanda's words.



"Maybe just now... Something appeared here." She said, suddenly remembering the strange occurrences happening ever since that whole meeting went wrong.

Namely, the fact that people, and some... Human-like creatures had appeared seemingly out of thin air, and some parts of the town itself had changed. It almost felt like a witch's labyrinth now, where one could expect the battlefield to warp and change at the drop of a hat.​
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
The mercenary tried to stop Luca but instead sighed and moved in position to block the exit in case whatever was inside tried to make a break for it. "A lot of things don't make sense about any of this," He readied his blaster as he replied to Wanda. "I was expecting soldiers and people with proper training when I accepted this job and not...this."

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York @Lucky @BackOffice
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
"I think I can," the girl said quietly, slowly getting to her feet. She swayed slightly and let out an unsteady breath. Her long blonde hair got into her eyes, obscuring her features. "I was so scared when everything changed and those creatures attacked..."

As she spoke, a gust of wind began to pick up, softly blowing at the trees. The ones that look changed twinkled in the wind as if they were wind chimes. Parts of the grass began to shift, turning from green to blue.



"I sense something terrible is coming," the girl said. "Look toward the wind."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



When Luca through open the door, he was greeted with the sight of a grim-faced man in odd garb.



The odd-looking locker dweller fell out of the locker in a heap. It would have seemed he passed out in the locker, if not for the low groans he was making. "Destruction..."

Back in the room adjacent to the storage room, there was the sound of a low whistling. Objects in the room were starting to move very slightly.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @York @BackOffice



"He ain't here," Coach muttered, ultimately unable to get the man to awake from his terrified state. "Gotta find the key ourselves, unless we wanna go the long way around." He stared down at the man, considering his options if he tried to take this man along with them.

The immediate area outside the building was not in as much chaos as the surrounding city. Many of the infected nearby seemed rather out of it and content to beat up on each other. If Coach's goal was the back of the store, he had the right instincts of not going the long way around, for the next turn a couple blocks down was blocked by a pile-up of vehicles. However close Coach's destination was, there was also the giant tree and what appeared to be a large robot in another location some distance away.

Coach turned to eye Gundham. "What's the deal with those animals, son?"

@Chaos Sphere
 

Capri

salutations!
Mentor
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @York @Jeremi @Lucky

“Hello, there!” Luca instinctively said as the dweller fell out.

Luca knew instantly this man was a prisoner like himself. The garb was way too similar to his own in order for him to feasibly not be a prisoner.

“We gotta get him some help,” Luca said.

Hoisting the man up, Luca brought him down to the others. He can’t trust Mando or Wanda, Wanda seems impulsive and Mando looks like he abuses prisoners.

“This guy needs some help!” the “prisoner” called out to Pope, “I think something’s coming!”
 

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Jose felt a chill down his spine at the peculiar wind, this girl's cryptic way of speaking not helping in the least. "If something terrible is indeed coming," he said, "I want to get you and Arya here to safety as quickly as possible. Where did you see those creatures, miss...?" He trailed off, realizing this girl hadn't told them her name yet. But it sounded fine all the same without needing one.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wanda Maximoff

Wanda had a strange feeling that things were about to get worse. She wasn't sure why that was going to happen, but she decided that she was going to follow that low whistle to the next room. She somehow doubted the man shoved himself into the locker. " I'm going back to see what is going on," she informed the others,heading back to the last room and seeing if anything had changed or if she could pinpoint the source of the whistle.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @York
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
The girl responded not by answer, but instead by beginning to remove her skin.



In no time, the creature had shed its skin and attacked, taking a swipe at Clare.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Park



The locker prisoner seemed out of it for now, only bobbing his head up and down in response to whatever Luca said.

Upon hearing Luca call out, Pope came running. She had brought the others with her for back up. "The horde outside isn't a threat now," she said, spotting Wanda as she entered the room. "What's happening here...?"

In the room, a wind was picking up. Objects started to fly through the air and clatter against each other. What appeared to be a ball of energy appeared at the epicenter, conjuring the storm around it.

@dark @Capri @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Lucky @Office
 

York

Just a newbie...
The mercenary tried to stop Luca but instead sighed and moved in position to block the exit in case whatever was inside tried to make a break for it. "A lot of things don't make sense about any of this," He readied his blaster as he replied to Wanda. "I was expecting soldiers and people with proper training when I accepted this job and not...this."

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York @Lucky @BackOffice
When Luca through open the door, he was greeted with the sight of a grim-faced man in odd garb.



The odd-looking locker dweller fell out of the locker in a heap. It would have seemed he passed out in the locker, if not for the low groans he was making. "Destruction..."

Back in the room adjacent to the storage room, there was the sound of a low whistling. Objects in the room were starting to move very slightly.

@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @York @BackOffice
LUCA BALSA
@Atomic Knight @York @Jeremi @Lucky

“Hello, there!” Luca instinctively said as the dweller fell out.

Luca knew instantly this man was a prisoner like himself. The garb was way too similar to his own in order for him to feasibly not be a prisoner.

“We gotta get him some help,” Luca said.

Hoisting the man up, Luca brought him down to the others. He can’t trust Mando or Wanda, Wanda seems impulsive and Mando looks like he abuses prisoners.

“This guy needs some help!” the “prisoner” called out to Pope, “I think something’s coming!”
Wanda Maximoff

Wanda had a strange feeling that things were about to get worse. She wasn't sure why that was going to happen, but she decided that she was going to follow that low whistle to the next room. She somehow doubted the man shoved himself into the locker. " I'm going back to see what is going on," she informed the others,heading back to the last room and seeing if anything had changed or if she could pinpoint the source of the whistle.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @York
The locker prisoner seemed out of it for now, only bobbing his head up and down in response to whatever Luca said.

Upon hearing Luca call out, Pope came running. She had brought the others with her for back up. "The horde outside isn't a threat now," she said, spotting Wanda as she entered the room. "What's happening here...?"

In the room, a wind was picking up. Objects started to fly through the air and clatter against each other. What appeared to be a ball of energy appeared at the epicenter, conjuring the storm around it.

@dark @Capri @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Sark @Lucky @Office
Sayaka Miki
@Capri @Jeremi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @BackOffice

At first, Sayaka had been about to move to help the strange man in the locker, but seeing that Luca was about to move him back to the others, she cautiously raised a blade, noticing the disturbance of various objects in the room.

If her experience with Labyrinth's were any indication, her guess before had been wrong. It wasn't that something had appeared, but that... Something was about to appear.



"We... Found someone in one of the lockers. Luca has him, but... I think something's about to appear, right in this room!" She called out to pope.

Her eyes on that ball of energy, she conjured up almost a dozen swords, the blades surrounding her as she gripped the one she was already wielding with both hands again, poised to attack.

If her new guess was right, that ball, the 'eye of the storm' so to speak would be where something, or someone would be appearing soon...​
 

Chaos Sphere

Blinking and Breathing Manually.
Gundham Tanaka

"They are my friends," Gundham turned to answer, now gently holding a fat golden-brown hamster in his left hand, "To be specific, these creatures that are currently within my position are my pets, or you can also call them lifetime companions if you will. As for those birds, they are trustworthy acquaintances that I have made several weeks ago. I have currently assigned them as eyes that will watch over the place," he allowed the hamster to crawl up to his shoulder after gently petting it. Another hamster, possessing a chipped ear, emerged from his scarf to accompany it. "Earning the trust and obedience of birds and beasts is my signature ability, or what they would call a talent," he explained in confidence, ready to continue speaking before being interrupted by one of the pigeons flying into the store and landing on his right shoulder.
"Yes, is there anything that you intend to report?" Gundham asked the bird, giving it time to 'whisper' its answers to him. "No threats, but more than one distant object of interest I see? You may continue your reconnaissance," he rewarded the bird with crumbs of bread before letting it return to its watching position. "We are currently not under any threat, but the eyes have seen several interesting things at a distance. If you do not mind, I shall take a peek at the window to see what the aforementioned object of curiosity could be," he requested for Coach's approval, hoping that he could get vital information from the reported sighting, "I could have my companions assist you in finding the keys, if necessary."

@Atomic Knight @JewelryShop
 
Last edited:

Yun Lee

MC MasterMind
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Damn it! Jose had been hoping he'd been merely paranoid, but sadly that wasn't the case. He wasn't about to let this beast harm his ally, though. Pulling his pocket watch from his jacket while still trying to keep hold of Arya, Jose would attempt to hypnotize the monster. If he was successful, the creature would see multiple copies of the First Officer appear all around it. If not, it would do nothing. Either way, Jose was not about to let Arya be put in any more danger. The second he finished his hypnosis attempt, he'd start running.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi
 

Lucky

But We Were Happy
Wanda Maximoff

“ I’m not sure entirely sure yet, but I believe I can stop it,”
she replied, as she would attempt to use her own powers to stop the energy ball and hopefully drop the objects. Was it very theroitical? yes, but it want like it could get worse, right? right?

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Office
 
Top