War of the Beasts OOC Thread and Info Repository

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I think I have noticed what is the problem and to FURTHER Clear up any confusion and to ensure that we avoid further confusion, I have taken the liberty of making a CRUDE map of Chisena. Note is not to scale just imagine this layout big enough to hold 100K peeps.

View attachment 1862

Yes it looks like a child drew it but I was quick to clear this kookooness up XD

WE came here with 50, with 10 either damaged, crippled, or outright destroyed over the course of this siege. They had about 70, with them losing 30 to our 10 and given their defensive position in other words about 40 to our 40....I think. And to avoid further confusion We are OUTSIDE the City. Just to avoid further confusion,

Alright ladies and gentlemen?! The Battle has Started Proper!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!

Have at it!!! Just keep consistant and remember: We have now breached the outer city, NOT the inner city or the Inner Castle yet. Bear that in mind when I read you are now within the INNER parts of the City (consult post #61 and the map it entails).

Right! So this port for the air ships, where is it and is it a normal port or some towers?
Also, how many infantry are there for Drok to smash into?

Airships operate basically like normal Ships do with one exception: they utilize levitating magic to create boyancy in which they can ascend and descend. Since having them docked to towers would make them innefective to load/unload cargo/Armatai/etc, the use of towers is strictly limited to passenger ships. Basically the docks of Chisena like many port cities are massive, accomodating both sky and seaships. The only way to tell a skyship port from a sea ship port is that a skyship port will be a bit wider since the ship doesn't need to have water (although it is basically a flying ship i could theoretically land in water as an emergency maneuver) and these large decks usually have a passenger tower so as to have to ships at once docked. The downside is that if you are a commercial transport ship, you have to wait for a passenger ship to deppart before you land or take off, as it would be extremely difficult and extremely dangerous to do so otherwise. hope this paragraph helps explain some stuff on airships or skyships as they are called.

AS for the forces of Chisena (as in the current status at the moment) Chisena is mostly infantry, with barely any cavalry (if only in the form of scouts) and about 40 Armatai that are operational. The numbers are as follows:
40 Armatai
20 mounted Scouts
about a tenth of Chisena's population (total 100K) in terms of infantry IE 10K strong.

With this, Hawkwood thought this was originally going to give him a victory, hence why he barely took most of his army with him. What he failed to realize was that Chisena had some pretty talented Mages who were specialized in restoration magic. basically they were skiled in using repair runes to fix their walls and reinforcing them. This is the primary reason why the seige has lasted for so long, forcing Hawkwood to dig under the walls in hoping to get around the fact that Chisena can suck up so much damage and still hold. He's also making sure they don't have time to deploy their scouts, as they're usually the reason why he'd have to withdraw, and by the time he had to deal with them, the day would have ended and night time combat is highly inadvisable due to the fact that civilian casualties would be higher...which is why he is constantly telling his troops to be careful while also saying to come back in one piece.

the reason behind his concern for civilians is twofold

the first is his time during the WAr of the Crowns. He had witnessed how the aristocracy saw war as nothing more than a rich man's game, and the "peasants" as the nobility would call them were just colateral damage. As someone who was from this class, he felt this was a gross injustice as the peasasnts were the ones picking up the check for these idiots playing their games. Lives lost, crops destroyed, the living starving. It gave him a humanitarian outlook on life. ESPECIALLY after his own family was butchered and the main reason him becoming an Armsman destoryed. This outlook nearly died after the war if not for his future wife Dony giving him the drive to continue this humane look on war IE that there is no glory or honor, only ruin and death. Therefore, he is a very diplomatic man, hoping to try and bring an end to a conflict before a battle even begins. To anyone who would know Jon, he always parlays a meeting to resolve a fight before swords are drawn. A battle with him starts only when all other options have been exhausted or he has no other choice in the matter. He also perscribes the treatment of both civilians and prisoners to be as humane as possible for these same reason. He has witnessed what the nobility of Aldan did during the war to both their prisoners and the civilians on both sides of the civil war and it disgusted him greatly of such wastes. Its both a strength and a weakness of Jon's that he avoids a civilian area as much as possible and the only interaction he orders is in the forms of bartering or payment of goods and services...Basically Jon is a merc with a heart of gold.

The second reason is reputation. people are more willing to work with you if you are a humanitarian than a blood thirsty tyrant...afterall...he has plans for his Company...BIG plans :)

Hey folks just wanting to nip this in the bud but I'm kind of waiting on the others XD

I'm sort of waiting on the others to write some more about getting through the first wall so I have more details to put on my reply since Ivy and Bernard aren't so close to where it all is happening.

Oh i forgot to mention to y'all.

Rage left the site. Kinda just dropped everything one day, said he had had enough.

I see. in that case does anyone want to post or should I get another one in to get us moving?

Back