Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharaoh Man joined with the fire spell with one of his own fireballs aimed at the other orb floating in front of them. Both attacks were direct hits as both sphered were engulfed in the flames.

As the flames subsided however they'd find them mostly unharmed. Still with that smile on their face.

@Raynar Saassin

"What exactly is this thing? Our attacks did nothing."
"Wait. Why do I have the feeling of Deja Vu..."

Celes closed her eyes for a moment and concentrated. She looked deeper into her memories in order to determine why these things are giving her a sense of Deja Vu when it hit her:

latest

"!!!"

Celes then began to back away slowly which caught the attention of Maduin.

"Celes? What's the matter?"
"These things remind me of those Bomb Monsters. There were several variants of these too... Listen to me. We must destroy them quickly before they have a chance to self-destruct. Otherwise, things won't end so well."

@Jeremi

"My attacks are all solar-powered based." Pharaoh Man charged up again. "But maybe that'll work." This time instead of the small fireball like shots he'd been firing Pharaoh Man sent out a wave of pure solar energy towards the spheres that hit them head-on. This time it seemed that the foes in front of them actually got hit as the flinched back from the attack.

For that, the sphere's countered with an attack of their own as a mental fire attack aimed at Celes and Pharaoh Man.

@Raynar @Saassin

Seeing the incoming fire attack, Celes raised her blade and concentrated. After a second or two, her blade began to glow a vibrant white as the two incoming fire attacks towards her and Pharaoh Man would instead be engulfed into her Sword!

"Neutralized."
"I forgot you were capable of performing that, Celes."

Celes then proceeded to utilize ice and concentrated hard before throwing a Level 3 Ice Spell: Blizzaga, towards the spheres!

@Jeremi

If they had a weakness to ice or had already been softened up enough by Pharaoh Man the ice spell seemed to do the trick. Both spheres fell lifeless to the ground.

"Well they weren't as bad as I thou-"
Pharaoh Man started to say when he noticed the two spheres began to shake violently their smiles never leaving. Celes had been right in that the spheres would explode, but what she didn't realize was that they'd explode on defeat. "We got to go." Pharaoh Man grabbed Celes by her arm and started running back as an explosion echoed through the hall and the ensuing shockwave caused both to be shoved to the floor.

As the dust settled he'd turn towards Celes. "Are you alright?"

@Raynar Saassin

"I'm... alright. This isn't the first time..."

Celes exclaimed as she slowly rose back up and dusted herself off. Luckily the Magicite around her neck was still intact, made of a extremely powerful material.

"I'm worried about what Undyne and Aversa have been going through... But we should still proceed onward. Maybe we can link up with them up ahead."

@Jeremi

"Hopefully," Pharaoh Man nodded. "I don't need to see those things ever again." As Pharaoh Man spoke the two could feel a faint rumbling. Pharaoh Man quickly realized what was wrong. "The explosion...this entire corridors coming down on us. We got to hurry!"

Hoping that Celes was going to follow the robot tomb raider ran as hard as he could past where they had fought the smiling sphere's. It didn't take long before the ceiling started to collapse making it a frantic chase co not get crushed under the debris. Soon enough though they'd see the corridor coming to it's end. "Now!" With a final leap the duo made their escape into the wider area. It was clear now that if they wanted out of this place they needed to find another way.

"Too much excitement for one day..." The robot sighed looking at Celes. "I thought fighting off the robots all the time was hard work..."

@Raynar Saassin

"Move, move, move!"

The entirety of where they were was crumbling around them. Celes felt an immense sense of Deja Vu here as she had to escape off of a floating continent that was also being destroyed around her. Jumping across debris on the floor and evading falling pieces of ceiling and wall, they came across an end to the corridor. Once it came to an end, she and Pharaoh Man jumped and survived the encounter. Unfortunately now it was evident that there was no going back.

"You'll get used to this sort of thing. We need to continue moving. After you."

@Jeremi

The room they now found themselves in was quite different from the ones in the past. There was a walkway in the middle that was flanked by three waterfalls on either side.

"I don't think I came by here when I made my way up,"
Pharaoh Man said as she took a closer look at the room. The walkway in the middle lead up to a large door that was firmly shut. Next to the door were four valves, two on either side. "Seems like a puzzle of some sort." Pharaoh Man scratched his head.

He went to turn the valve on the right closes to the door which caused the waterfall in far-right to stop as well as the waterfall closest to them on the left. "If I'm right we'll have to try and stop the waterfalls, but it's probably not going to be as easy as it looks..."

@Raynar Saassin

"Puzzles... I haven't really encountered many of them..."

Celes exclaimed as she stared at the four Valves. When Pharaoh Man turned one value, two Waterfalls stopped; one in the far-right and one closest to the door on the left. This was incredibly confusing as this left Celes scratching her head before moving to the closest valve to the left of the door and turned it, waiting to see what happens.

"Maybe we have to turn these valves in a certain pattern one after another?"

@Jeremi

Last edited:
Turning that valve made the middle right waterfall stop flowing.. "Pattern seems right, or the right order," Pharaoh Man mumbled looking at the two valves they hadn't touched yet. "So which one's next?"

@Raynar Saassin

"I don't know..."
"Perhaps I can be of assistance."

Spoke Maduin as he glowed within his Magicite Crystal and appeared before the group once again.

"Are you sure you should be appearing so much?"
"If you're worrying about my energy, Celes Chere, then I'm okay. Guide me to a Valve."

He proceeded to walk towards one of the Valves that weren't touched and twisted one while Celes maintained her hold over hers.

@Jeremi

As they did that the final waterfalls would all stop flowing. The room emitted a low hum before the large door started to rise and let them through. The water had receded from the room and where it once had looked quite splendid a darkness permutated the area. "Good job." Pharaoh Man gave a thumbs up to Celes and Maduin. "You seemed to have cracked it. About time we'd be continuing. If my calculations are right at the end of this path we'll end up back around the place I started. Let's hope your friends made it down okay."

They continued on through the now open gate. The walls again started to shift in color into something more red with the lines shining their light forwards. As they walked down the path sounds filled the air. It was the sound of battle further ahead.

@Raynar Saassin

With all that said and done, the doorway to continue onward opened up and they proceeded onward. As the hallway lit up to reveal the path forward, Celes thought to bring up what Pharaoh Man mentioned about starting further ahead.

"So you started further within this Pyramid. I still want to question you about your experiences but now is not the time."

After a bit more progress, she stopped and overheard sounds to which she quickly recognized as sounds of combat. Brandishing her Sword and maintaining composure, she rushed towards the room ahead while Maduin returned himself to his Magicite Crystal.

@Jeremi

"Finding a quiet spot before fighting the robots find me again," Pharaoh Man replied as they rushed towards the next area as the sound of combat came closer.

The first thing the duo saw as they entered the new area was a large dog-like robot getting ready to pounce. Further in Celes spotted Aversa and Undyne fighting against an identical robot. From the wreckage, she could find it seemed that they had already felled one of them but these other two if they continued the fight would soon overwhelm them if they didn't get help.​

@Raynar Saassin

"Undyne! Aversa!"

Celes shouted in an attempt to garner their attention. Seeing them in danger against those mechanical beasts despite felling one of them was a sign that they somehow survived their own trials. Without any hesitation, she rushed over to their side and readied herself.

"There's two more of those things. Let's beat them and then share information on what we've discovered."

Celes exclaimed as she braced herself for battle:

"Here, let me give you all a hand."

Celes closed her eyes and concentrated for a moment before casting a Magic Spell known as Haste onto her allies and herself. Undyne, Aversa and Pharaoh Man would feel themselves boosted by Cele's magic; increasing their overall agility and speed.

@Jeremi

Time felt like it had slowed to a halt when Celes used her magic on everyone. "Whoa! That's pretty funky!" Undyne peppered one of the dogs with multiple spears.

"Your help is welcome," Aversa replied unloading a dark spell at the other. She cocked her eyebrow when she spotted Pharaoh Man. "And who might this be then?"

The Robot Master seemed to blush again much like the first time he spoke to Celes. "P-Pharaoh Man, ma'am."

Aversa chuckled. "A bashful sort. Well, perhaps we can discuss your new friend after we've taken care of these beasts, yes?"

@Raynar Saassin

"Yes. Let's defeat them, then we can converse."

With all that said and done, she got herself ready for combat. Utilizing the Haste Effect she put on herself and her allies, she launched herself forward towards one of the robotic hounds and aimed to stab it!

@Jeremi

Celes' sword sank in between its joints and caused some sparks to erupt from the robot as it leaped back. Before it could retaliate Pharaoh Man came in and fired off a plasma blast at it that hurt it more.

Aversa, in turn, turned to help Undyne with the one she was fighting. With the odds now in their favor, it seemed the tide had turned.

Even so, the one that Celes and Pharaoh Man was fighting opened up its jaw and fired a stream of fire towards both of its opponents.

@Raynar Saassin

Seeing the stream of fire erupt from the beast's mouth, Celes attempted to move out of the way of the stream but got caught in it last second, resulting in minor damage to herself. Maduin was getting ready to come out but Celes held her Crystal, telling him that she was okay. Concentrating for a moment, she cast Cure to heal her wounds then braced for combat once more. Looking towards the mechanical beast, she went for another swing but this time aiming for it's neck.

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back