Adventure Role Play

The Shamaness looked at her options. There was the siege tower, then there was that breach on the wall, and there are the musketeers attacking them. From the looks of it, there are so many problems to deal with. And it doesn't look good on the part of the defenders. The lady sighed lightly and took some deep breaths, she went into her bag and took out some seeds. She spat on them then tossed the seeds over the wall right at the breached part. Once the seeds met the soil. Very thick vines grew, just covering the opening. Making the entrance almost impenetrable again. But it wouldn't' hold forever.

"Well, there's no way your army can stand up to them head-on. They have much greater firepower. What you need to work out is trying to force them to retreat or scatter them." She tried to suggest to Sigvald, "Sabotarge maybe."

The muskets fired at the vines, but couldn't' seem to penetrate or destroy it very much. However, the vines weren't unbreakable and they were slowly getting worn out.

The men did manage to fire theirs allows at the siege tower. And the Shamaness increased the flamed to burn them the area. But the top of the wall was still dangerous. The enemies outside still shot at the archers who were increasingly forced away from the wall in order to not die.

She shamaness looked at Sigvald again. She slowly made her way off the wall, avoiding the firepower. She didn't wear any armour at all so physical projectiles would just go through her in an instant.

Sigvald glanced at the shaman, it was apparent that she had a some sort of plan. He was conflicted weather to follow her or stay on the wall. "Damn..." he weighed his options. Leaving the wall now would be the equivalent to letting it stay headless, and letting the shaman go alone would be like watching her walk to her death.

Making his decision, Sigvald gave one final order before following the shaman. "Watch your heads! Do not allow the tower to land!" those were his final orders for now.

The black knight quickly caught up with the chocolate skinned wizard -- avoiding all projectiles that came his way. "I'm guessing you have plan?"

"Well, yeah I think I have some idea. I'm assuming that the enemy's army is pretty stretched thin and so maybe that camp is important for future attacks. If we can destroy the camp, or at least the resources in it then they'll be unable to advance. So they might be forced to retreat until they can gather resources again." the shaman had suggested, "Even if they get the city they'll still need to leave unless they might starve."

The shaman had walked to where some of the other knights including Vorsen was. So many of them heard the plan as well.
"Logistics wins every war," Vorsen commented, but he wasn't very sure. The knight has grown to favour direct combat. He didn't like the idea of sabotaging the enemy.

Sigvald liked the idea, but he feared that it wouldn't be enough. There were simply too many of them. "I fear destroying their supplies is going to make things far worse, sir." he said to his silver commander.

Gin gave him an odd look before asking "What do you mean? How could things possibly get worse?".

"Maybe you didn't see what I saw atop of that wall. But there were at least 2000 enemy troops waiting for deployment. Enough to drown the whole city." he paused for a moment, letting the information sink in to his fellows. "If we destroy their supplies now, it would only give them more incentive to take over the city."

"But they would have no supplies! If we destroy their armor, weapons and food storage they would have no choice but to run!" Gin gave out.

"Gin, are you daft? You think the enemy is just sitting there, bare naked drinking beer right now?" the question caught the purple knight off guard "They are most likely --without a doubt-- standing there in full gear waiting for deployment orders! And destroying their food storage would only piss them off further and motivate them to conquer the city!" Sigvald's irritation was starting to show. The realization of which came to him a moment too late as everyone was giving him weird looks.

The shamaness just stood there, sort of awkwardly while the men argued. The argument was beginning to draw in a crowd of people who weren't busy or dead. Many of them were knights and a few other peasants.
"We have food in the city, their army can survive even if we destroy their camp," a peasant said. He worked in the city keeping logs of grains and food stores.

"Then we need to get out of here, carry as much food and resources we can and burn the ones we have to leave behind." another one immediately asserted.

"Retreat to where? The nearst city is weeks away," another person asserted. We can't lose them, especially if we try to bring out property." And another guy asserted.

"Then we must sabatorge. They have explosives, maybe a lot in their camp. If we can blow up the camp then all of their resources are gone and we can injure and kill many of the men standing by." a knight asserted immediately.

"I can guarantee explosives are very big," the shamaness stated.

Vorsen thought about it for a moment. He looked at the church, then at the broken wall. "Destroying the camp is our only offensive option. The peasents should leave the city, carrying as much food water and equipment as possible. I need a team to destroy their came, and the rest would hold the line for as long as possible." he stated.

"I guess that rules out negotiations..." the black knight thought to himself as the crowd of resistance argued. But now was not the time for pondering, it was obvious what they needed to do. They needed to damage their explosives, or potentially kill their commanders. "I'll volunteer." he stated plainly.

Vorsen gave him a respectful look before shaking his head. "I'm afraid I can't have that. You're needed at the wall." he said matter-of-factly.

"Well, that's a fair point. But then who are you sending then? You can't just send anyone." Sigvald asked, genuinely interesting in the answer that he would receive.

Vorsen only stared back at him, as his glare slowly shifted towards a particular purple knight. "I think we have another volunteer."

Gin stared at them with little surprise. He wiped the specs of blood off of his face --only creating a smear-- and replied with "I will do what I must. But be warned; I will not go there alone!"

"Well, I would be going with you, do I count?" she asked Gin casually. She was still not completely sure about her own plan though. The girl sighed lightly and just waited for the guys to work things out properly.

"I would come too," a middle-aged almost old farmer with an axe said. He looks like he's been through a lot, and he has a bit of history. the guy was a knight, a long time ago. He was famous for being an adventurer a long time ago but at some point, he retired to just be a humble farmer. His farm wasn't far from the city so it was burnt down. Right now he looks to be willing to have one final fight, even if it kills him.

"Good, I have this single cloaking potion, so we'll have to share. Take 1 sip, it would last about 20 minutes for each of us." the shameless said, she seemed to be a jack of all trades available. "We'll have to wish to the camp and do as much damage as possible."

Gin took hold of the potion, holding it for a moment before consuming it. He had a strange feeling while holding it in his hand, yet he wasn't sure what that feeling was. "Well, you better drink up." said the middle-age man standing impatiently next to him. "Come on, we haven't got all day! It's not poison is it?" he asked sarcastically. Either way, Gin was about to find out. He took one sip and handed it over to the impatient man -- who without hesitation took his dose of the drink.

"I take it the effects are suppose to take effect soon?" Gin asked somewhat worryingly.

"I suppose you don't just go 'poof', eh?" Sigvald commented, although even his voice showed a hint of worry. It would be pretty bad if they drank something poisonous.

Gin looked at him, then at his hands "Hopefully I'll just disappear any moment. What about you old man?--wait, where did he go?" the old fellow just vanished, he was next to him a moment ago. Yet now he's gone.

She was gone too. The shamaness was still there but just blended into the environment. When she walked, her general outline was somewhat noticeable. But being still made her completely invisible. "Just move a bit and you'll be somewhat noticeable." She said while she walked in circles. The movement made her figure somewhat noticeable. Though only up close. "Don't just stand around, we only have a few minutes." she began walking. Expecting them to follow.

The objects they held or touched seemed to also turn invisible, though they were a little bit more visible. Such as the old man's axe. It was somewhat distinguishable. "Come on boy, it's time for an honourable death," the old man said to Gin. He followed the witch. The part was quite clear. The witch squeezed through the vines and just began walking through the battlefield. But remembering to walk around the soldiers at a good distance.

The trio nimbly made their way through the blood soaked battlefield, doing their best to remain hidden under the potions effects. Though the shaman led the way, Gin would soon have to take the lead. With each step they took, the closer they were to the enemy camp -- their tents stood proudly amongst the violated remains of a once beautiful forest. It filled Gin's mind with thought of anger and disgust, and it no doubt did the same to the old man.

"There, behind the stumps!" Gin pointed out "We can take cover there while we decide our next course of action. The potion's effects are bound run out sooner or later." his warning sounded more like hesitation than a decent strategy. "Delaying your death for a few minutes surely doesn't bother you too much, does it?" he spoke to the old man next to him.

The old warrior looked at him with a smile, not that it was visible "What's wrong? Ain't gettin' the shits, are ya?"

"A knight like me? Don't make me laugh. I just don't have a death wish." he replied, questioning the validity of his own words. "What about you, getting nervous?" he asked the chocolate-skinned shaman, seemingly out of nowhere.

Last edited:
"I'm not afraid of death, my ancestors are actually eager to meet me. I heard the spirit world is actually lovely," She said to the two guys. The girl was a little relaxed.

The camp was pretty big and looked well organized. Very clean and tidy too. Some people were busy cleaning some boxes and supplies but most were just standing around and waiting for further discussion. The tents were pretty big, some were the size of small houses. And hey had those curtains separating the inside from the outside. But nothing was random. There were some signs describing what the tents were and what they contained. Some boxes and crates were outside and they had some documents and some notes. A treasure trove of information indeed.

"So muskets use thunder powder, it's gun powder that's ben enchanted." She had managed to reach for one of the documents. It's a shipment document containing purchasing and logistics information. "Explosives are located at the edge of the camps far away from the troops to avoid accidents." she handed the stuff to the knight.

"Then we need to carry them to the dense areas before destroying them," the old man said

"And who will carry them?" his question being rhetorical "Judging from you, I'd say you could help carry 3 barrels before passing out or keeling over."

The old man looked offended for a moment "Don't insult me, boy. I've seen more action than you." the old bugger paused, as if doubting himself "But you might be right -- I'm no longer in my prime, and I might slow us down. But you can't deny that destroying the explosives without assaulting the enemy would be a wasted chance!" his words were wise, yet also very simple. In any case, he was not wrong. It was only a matter of extent to which they could use the explosives before getting spotted. And if they did by some chance, they were severely out numbered.

"Fuck..." he spat out before looking at the shaman, he gave out a deep sigh before finally speaking "You wouldn't happen to have some magic way of tossing the barrels at the enemy troops, would you?" the way he asked her made him look exhausted.

"I just have a bag of potions and magical items. I can't do levitation," she replied to the two men. She didn't exactly have anything that could lift heavy crates and barrels. Maybe if she had some kind of staff would do. She sighed lightly and began to think for a little bit. "Despite age, you two men are much stronger than me. At best I might have something to enhance strength and durability." She said to the two of them. She went into her bag for a moment. There was a lot of stuff. When she looked in, she got a small black bag. Inside looked like some kind of candy or pills or something.
"These are temporary, adds energy, durability, strength and resistance. They're experimental, they increase heart rates and some light side effects," she said to the two men.

"What sort of voodoo side effects?" the old man asked. He wasn't too happy with taking things he had no idea what did. Especially if it's magic and such.

"Muscle pain when it wears off, and extreme exhaustion. Might kill you," she mentioned and sighed. It wasn't exactly safe. Not safe at all.

"I must say, I'm slightly hesitant to take one of those." he pointed t the bean-looking object "But if it will help us get results then I can't say no." Gin admitted with a slight rasp in his voice "What about you, old man? This seems like your dream come true."

The old man stared at the beans with suspicion, he took one and examined it. Looked over it, smelled it, -- and one last time he looked at it. But this time it was different, it was like he was looking through it. Deep in thought, weighing the good and the bad.

"So what do you say? Are you willing to take the leap?" Gin asked the old bugger -- holding his own bean. They both stood in silence, the choices they were about to make were heavy -- heavier than the little thing they were holding in their palms. Apparently small things do hold power. "For the city!" exclaimed Gin, before swallowing the little thing. The old man next to him hesitated, swallowed as well -- both his bean and his doubts.

"So... feel any different?" the lady told the two men. She sat down for a moment and just waited, watching closely for something to happen. The old man took his bean, but nothing happened at first. Then, his pupils dilated, the magic was not kicking in. He took a deep breath and looked around. Everything felt the same... But there was just something different in his experience.

"I haven't felt this good is over 30 year..." the old man said. No more pain, no more weakness. He even felt sort of giggly, a large grin on his face. But his heart was beating very hard and he was really sweating now. It seems that what magic's in the beans was working just fine for now, "Come on son, let's go." He was walking quite quickly. Very fluid, quite energetic.

He didn't wait for the knight. The guy made his way to one of the tents to find the stuff. And jus a the documents said, there's a lot of barrels. Some muskets were hung up and a few crates. The place was very empty. The male walked to one of the barrels and tried to grab it. It was still heavy, but he managed to lift them without too much problem. Such a miracle bean.

The first barrel that Gin lifted above his head felt like a feather. Then another, and another -- he lifted and tossed them around like toys. After coming to his senses after experiencing the absolute ecstasy that were the powers granted by the bean -- Gin decided to make a task for him and the man, not to mention the shaman. "Listen up! While this wing of the camp is left unguarded, we need to cause total carnage and havoc in a short span of time. That way we can cause the most damage while lowering our chances of getting caught." he paused as he lifted one of the powder filled barrels over his shoulder "We are going to silently plant these barrels near their tents, whilst also maintaining the lowest profile we can. Me and the old man will be tasked with placing the barrels. While you-" he said to the shaman "-are going to make a nice trail of this powder going from each barrel, to a secluded position. Now let's get to work!" he spoke with zeal as he began to work on his plan.

Meanwhile at the keep...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You should have sent me there in his stead." SIgvald said with a disappointed tone of voice. Keeping his eyes on the enemy forces in the distance. For some reason halting their attack.

"I regret nothing." Vorsen deadpanned "Gin is too green, this will sharpen his resolve. I'm sure of it." for the moment he was finished but quickly shot his gaze towards the black knight "Whilst we're on the topic of volunteers, who in the blazes is that brown witch?"

SIgvald turned to face his commander, he had some explaining to do "She was kept in the city prison -- or was it dungeon? Anyway, the priest suggested we took her help, since she was the only one that could kill the hell flame. After that, one thing led to another..."

"And now she is isolated with Gin and that random old man. In the enemy camp, no less..."

"Trust me, I have a good feeling about her. She might be of more use to us."

Vorsen gave him a dirty look "You better be right, or so help me..."

"Nice, taking charge," she said to the knight. The lady looked at the barrel and nodded, her job seemed simple enough so he immediately got to work. She got the gunpowder and began to slowly make a trail, away from the camp. The invisibility potion was still holding up luckily. But she still needed to make sure that no one was seeing her. She wasn't enhanced. Holding a bunch of powder and trying to slowly make a trail felt like a lot of work.

The old man on the other hand followed the knight's orders. Brining the barrels to each tent very slowly. While planting, he had seen some important papers. The camp was full of logistic data and information. One tent seemed to have a filing cabinet full of papers. "Knight, perhaps taking some important looking documents might be a good idea? I'm sure some of them might be worth the effort," he said. The papers would certainly be burnt. One of them had some kind of skull surrounded by printed on the cover labelled 4 Phases of Extermination. Next to it was some papers of deliveries and food logs. The old man took the food logs.

"That is a fair point indeed. The one who controls information, also controls the battlefield. -- At least that's how I believe it goes." Gin remarked as he examined the piece of paper, but quickly folding it. He looked around and grabbed a nearby bag that sat in the clutter. With one swift motion, he dumped all of the papers, seals and all manner of things off of the table and into the gray bag. "That should do it! We need get this back to Vorsen if we can." he said eagerly, only stopping himself after remembering the barrels of powder waiting for him. He looked at the old man with impatient eyes "We have a job to do. So let us not disappoint!"

"Indeed!" replied the old man as they both left the tent and aimed to wrap thing up neatly.

The shamaness completed everything and he made sure to do a little bit extra. Some of the powder was poured around the tent in order to prevent or limit escaping for maximum damage. She set up a small sell that would set up a fire. Then she proceeded to look for the two men. Her heart was racing in excitement. She took deep breaths and unfortunately the invisibility magic began to wear off. She frowned a bit and hurried to fight the knights. Just when it wore off, she appeared right beside them. "Okay, hello again, I think we got to go. I did what you asked and it would be going boom very soon," she said to the two of them.

But with the magic soon dying out, the men began to notice her

The enemy was beginning to suspect something, Gin could sense it. "We need to leave this place. If we don't we'll get caught. And if we're unlucky, we'll get raised to the sky with them." he said as he carried the bag of documents over his shoulder, moving further away from the camp and into the desecrated tree line.

"Where the blazes do you think you're going?" the old man jumped in.

"I think I was very clear with my intentions." he paused momentarily "But don't let me stop you if you feel like you need to receive a warriors death." he said to the man who's face was now contorted into a mixture of anger and conflict. As if not knowing what to do with himself. "So, what will it be?"

Back