Ancient Forest (1X1)

He nodded, staying right where he was. He didn't seem very sure what to do or say, but at least if he stayed here they could keep an eye on Sarah's ankle and the pendant.

She smiles a little to him. She was glad he was staying with her. Gently she leaned against the wall of the hut as she sat by him. "The chief will have answers. He has too..."

Before long, nightfall came and Red stood up. "Do you think you'll be okay walking back to the village, or do you want my help getting there?"

Sarah looks to the sky before looking to Red. "No, I think I can walk." She smiles a bit.

He seemed a little embarrassed having to ask that question of a grown person, but he was just worried about her. He offered his hand to help her stand up, a shy little smile on his face now.

She smiles a little to him. She knew he was being helpful. She accepts his hand as she got to her feet. "Let's go." She says softly and starts walking with him.

His smile seemed to grow when she took his hand, and while they were walking to the village he would occasionally look at her ankle to make sure she was okay. He could only hope the chief had come up with something, he was not about to let some ancient power take them over and play with their lives like toys.

She moves gently as she walks with him at his side. Her ankle did ache a bit but she was able to keep walking.

When they reached the village, Red seemed set on going straight to the chief's hut, like last time. He knocked gently at first, just to make sure the chief was awake.

The chief was awake and waiting for them. His face was grim but he did have some news for them. He nods to them. "Come in."

He was hesitant at first, but he stepped inside and waved for Sarah to follow. "We might've found a small clue while waiting for the time to come back, but we're not totally sure if it's connected to what's been going on. Hopefully it's something we can look over for now..."

Sarah hesitates a little then she sits down and removes the bandage around her ankle.

The chief nods slightly as he check her leg. He nods. "It is further along than I feared." He sighs and orders some of his people to prepare the being herbs. "Your blood powers the pendant. The pendant in turn keeps the creature sealed. He has poisoned you and in doing so is weakening the power that holds him."

"So we'll just have to find a way to help her get better, right? And restore power to the pendant, just to be safe, but really my biggest concern is helping Sarah." The demon gently grips her hand in some worry, that was already clearly expressed on his face.

The chief nods. "I have my people putting together an ancient remedy. It should help. We will start there and then continue to seek other ways to keep you and the pendant strong. We have caught it in time."

"Thank you." Red felt a smile of relief cross his face as he sat down next to Sarah. "Though I still don't fully understand why this creature wants to return now, when his best chance to control both the bloodline and us was years ago. At least from what I know of, anyway..."

The chief looks to Sarah and shakes his head. "Her mother kept the creature sealed away. The pendant has always had its power. By Sarah placing her blood on it, she took over the responsibility of it all. Negating her mother' previous powers over it."

"So then how to we get the pendant's power back? I mean, I understand we probably could have her place more of her blood on it, but at the same time she can't risk losing too much blood. And another part of me feels like it might be more complex than that."

The chief nods. "The pendant is already connected to her from when she places her blood on the pendant before. It is because she has been infected by the creature that it grows weak. We get her strong again and the pendant will be strong. "

Red nodded back in understanding and looked to Sarah. "I guess that sounds pretty easy. As long as you're up for it, of course."

Back