Ancient Forest (1X1)

Sarah nods a little. "I can do it."

The chief nods and let's some of his people come in as they bring the herbs with them. Gently the women begin to clean her ankle and rewrap it with the herbs.

He reluctantly let go of her hand as the women came in, trying to give them some space to work. He then turns to the chief, his face expressing a little worry but he was trying to remain calm. "So, this creature... it only wants control over us because it wants power, right? That's the most reasonable explanation I can think of."

The chief nods. "From what I've found out, it is an ancient creature that thrives off of chaos. Your kind would create that for it but when her ancestors and yours made the agreement, it stopped the chaos and it was locked away at the bottom of the river."

"I see. And I'm guessing this chaos it desires is something bad for anyone else. More incentive to stop this thing from escaping."

The chief nods sadly. "Extremely bad." He looks over to Sarah then back at Red.

The women had finished up with her ankle and the scratch on her arm. They had also packed up some for her to take back to the hut along with some tea she would need to drink.

"But as long as Sarah can keep her strength, it should remain sealed, right?" He glanced at Sarah for a minute, grabbing her hand again, then looked back to the chief.

He seemed slightly relieved to hear this, it certainly seemed easier now to keep that thing under control. "Thank you, sir. I'm seriously hoping this works.... there's no way I'll ever let some ancient power take control of us, and I'm certainly not going to let it use Sarah to get to us."

The chief nods softly. "We are here and will help all we can. You and your family are the first defense against this creature."

Sarah manages a smile and nods a bit. She was rather tired now.

Red stood up, though he was still holding onto Sarah's hand as if he were hesitant to let go. In his head he was still trying to run over some things that would help to keep this creature sealed away, what might be best to try and how to get this 'poison,' as the chief had called it, out of her.

Sarah moved to her feet with Red's help. The chief walks to her and hands her an old carved staff. "Use this to keep weight off your leg so it may heal properly." He nods. "The herbs will begin cleaning your body. In two days we will meet again and if necessary go to the spring waters for a cleaning." He says.

The demon smiled and gave a little nod. "Thank you again. You have my word I'll do my best to keep her safe." He started leading her out of the hut and back towards the woods, making sure she used the cane to keep pressure off of her leg.

The chief nods and watches them go.
Sarah manages to get the hang of using the staff but it wasn't easy. With Red' help though she managed well enough.

He led her back to the hut, but once they were there he seemed a bit hesitant to move from the doorway. He let her go inside herself, then just sort stayed by the doorframe, and if one could look closely he seemed a bit embarrassed.

Sarah managed to sit down once she got to the hut, keeping the staff close to her. She looks to Red in the doorway. She blinks a little at him. Then asks. "Will you stay?"

He seemed a little surprised by this question, but he recovered quickly and answered. "Uh, sure. I-If you want me to."

His face felt like it was about to heat up. Did he just stutter?! He'd never stuttered before, for any reason, he had always tried to keep a calm and mature demeanor. He didn't understand what was happening, and why all these... changes were happening now.

She relaxes when he says he will stay. She nods softly to him, smiling. " thank you. Dont want to be alone right now." She says honestly. She wasn' aware of what he was going through though.

He moved to sit next to her, seeming a little shy about it. There was even a faint blush on his face, which wasn't totally unnoticeable considering how pale his skin was.

She had noticed the blush and was a little surprised by it. Had she been so unaware of it before. She didn't want to make him uncomfortable but found herself unsure of what else to do.

He closed his eyes and took a breath, sitting in a position that almost made it seem like he was sort of meditating. It wasn't something he did on a regular basis, but he found that in times of exaggerated stress, it helped to calm his nerves somewhat, if not significantly.

Back