Ancient Forest (1X1)

Sarah watched Orange and Red. She was worried for them both, for all of them. "Maybe....i can talk to the chief...he might know something. "

"Well, Red claims these dreams are showing him our origin story, I doubt the tribe would know anything about that. But... if you want to ask, just to see what you can find out, I won't stop you."

"He's been saying something about a doll maker. The first dream Red had about him involved this doll maker creating little cloth doll versions of us, that matched our looks to a T. Now he's convinced this doll maker is the one who gave us life. None of the rest of us have had these dreams, so we're not sure what to make of it. We mostly just try to humor him, listen whenever he has another story about the dreams."

She nods a little at his words as she looks to Red a bit. "It just....something seems wrong..."she says to him.

"Like I said, I won't stop you if want to try and find out more. I just can't guarantee what the tribe will tell you." Orange then turned his attention back to Red, holding his brother's hand and worry filling his eyes.

She nods slightly then she thinks suddenly about the old man in the town. He had spoken like he knew the brothers.

She looks to Red then to Orange. "Did he ever describe the doll maker? Like how he looked?"

"Not really. Maybe that's just the small detail he forgets. Though, thinking on it now, I think he might've at least mentioned the doll maker having eyes that look like glass. I'm not totally certain though."

She nods a little at his words. "There was this stranger in the town who spoke as if he knew about you." She moves to try and stand up, using the cane. "Maybe he knows more."

Orange seemed to tense a little as she mentioned the stranger. He had no clue who she was talking about, but a shiver went down his spine as he started imagining it. But he tried to relax and nodded. "If you think you can handle it, you can ask him. Whatever feels right for you."

She pauses and looks at him. "Nothing feels right. Nothing feels as it should. I have no idea what I'm doing. I just can't sit here and not do anything. I'm scared and worried."

He sighed and got up, walking to her and sitting back down next to her. "Want me to go with you? Whatever you decide, do you think it'll be better with some company?"

She blinks slightly and looks to him. Then she nods alittle. She hadnt meant to freak out a little but she had. "Yes..company would be nice..."

He nodded and gave her some more space. "I'll leave it up to you what you want to do, just know that whatever you decide I'll be there with you."

She nods a bit at his words. "Thank you." She says to him. Then nods as she got up ,using the cane to keep weight off her ankle. "I'll go to the town and get some answers. Something."

He stood up as well, then looked out the doorway of the hut and asking a brother that was passing by to watch Red. As Purple stepped inside the hut and sat next to the older brother, Orange moved back to Sarah and offered for her to follow him.

She nods a bit and follows with him back towards the town. It would take them some time to get there but it would give her time to figure out what to ask and what to do.

As they reached the border of town, Orange was tempted to ask her what she planned, but he kept his mouth shut since he didn't want to make her nervous. He simply looked around, taking in what he could since he'd never seen the town before. Certainly seemed... busier than the life he was used to. He just hoped Sarah knew what to do.

She glanced around at the town. She could do this. She nods a bit and looks to Orange. "If you want you can go with me or stay here out of sight. It's up to you." She says.

"I'd rather stay with you. I don't want you to be nervous. Besides, something tells me it might be safer if I stayed with you."

Back