Ancient Forest (1X1)

She tenses as soon as he held her and began to fly. It was not something she was used to but she managed to keep herself from panicking.

Once he set her down and nudged her to the ruins, she didn't hesitate and moves to them.

She starts looking over the words she found. It was a little hard to read but she managed to make out some of them. The pendant glowed softly as she read the words.

Her eyes widen as she reads the final piece. The only way to activate the pendant was to let them feed from her and her soul would be protected from them and the pendant would simply refuel her soul using the power of the earth around them...

A shiver ran down her spine again. Her wrt clothes felt heavier as the idea of this troubled her. Why hadnt it worked before? Then she realized it was because she needed to coat the pendant in her blood first.

The demon didn't seem to know this, first of all because he wasn't totally interested and second because none of the demons could read the language too well, and only spoke a little of it. He just sat on the ground beside the river, closing his eyes as he waited for her. He even let his mind wander a little, trying to figure out his brother's way of thinking about this human, if she could really help them at all.

She stood there a moment more as she looked over the ruins again. Then she moves back to the demon. She was a little hesitant then says. "I might be able to feed you all....so you don't go hungry...the pendant is supposed to help but I have to coat it in my blood first...."

He stood and looked at her in some curiosity. "I'm guessing you don't want to have to harm yourself just to do that.. is there anything you want me to help you with in that regard?"

She eyes him warily. " there really is no other way to do it but to bleed. " She shakes her head slightly, then nods. "You'll have to help me do it...then once it's coated...if I read it correctly, you will all be able to use me for feeding... "

He nodded, seeming to understand. "Just as long as we don't have to do anything severe. Even if you have to bleed, you shouldn't have to lose so much blood that it becomes dangerous."

She shakes her head a bit. " Just enough to cover the pendant I think." She shivers a little. The chill of her wet clothes was getting to her as they stood there.

Before she lost what little confidence she had, she says. " We better do this.." She holds her hand out while she holds the pendant in her other.

He seems hesitant to take her hand, and still a little confused. "So what do you want me to do? It's not like I have a weapon on me that could do the job."

She looks at him. "You have teeth....I've seen what they can do...." She says. Then adds. "Bite my hand, it will bleed and then I can coat the pendant."

Seeing how determined she was to do this, the demon nodded and grabbed her hand. He took a few seconds to find a spot that would draw enough blood, then bit into it. He didn't use his full force, just to make sure she wasn't too badly hurt; only enough to give the pendant what it needed.

She gasps from the pain but didn't pull away. Once he drew enough blood, she took her hand and coated the pendant. It glowed suddenly, warmth flooding from it as it absorbed the blood quickly.

She was trembling a little but nods weakly. "Let's go back to the shore. Should tell the others."

He held her the same way as before, making sure he wasn't invasive, and carried her back across the river. "Do you want me to accompany you to find my brothers, or will you be okay on your own from here?"

She was hesitant then she looks to him. "Will you go with me? I'm not real sure how to find them either." She says.

What she really wanted was food, and dry clothes.

He nods and starts heading back towards the main ruins, hoping she'd follow. A few of the younger brothers were met and told of the plan along the way, but there was one brother he seemed to really want to find, but couldn't find anywhere.

She hesitates a little then starts to follow him. She looks at the brothers as they start meeting up along the way. She bites her bottom lip a little but stayed quiet.

" How many are there of you?" She asks curiously as she looks to each one, noticing their differences.

"Six total. I know it might seem like there's more sometimes, but we tend to keep track of ourselves pretty well. Though I can't seem to find Red any--" They had reached a farther area of the ruins, where the red demon could be seen kneeling on the ground, in front of two lumps of dirt that seemed about the length of an average adult. This made the one leading Sarah, the orange one, very nervous.

He approached the older brother and started speaking quietly to him. Red never faced his brother as he spoke, never looked away from those two rows of dirt.

As soon as they reached where Red was kneeling at, she had stopped with the others. She tenses thougb as soon as her gaze drifted from Red to the mounds of dirt. It was very clear what lay beneath the dirt there.

She wraps her arms around herself as she stared at the mounds. Then she forced herself to look away. What was she doing here? Helping them? They killed her friends.

She shivers a little and kept staring at her shoes.

Soon enough something was said to make Red face Sarah, a look of worry on his face. "N-No, we can't do that."

"Red, it's safe. We made sure of it." The orange demon tried to reassure him.

Red simply stood up and shook his head. "No, it's... that's ridiculous..." He seemed to be struggling for words. He soon enough gave up on them and started walking back to the structures of the ruins. He didn't seem too happy.

When she heard Red's voice, she lifted her gaze and stared back at him. He wasn't like the others.

She suddenly found herself wanting to comfort him. As he walked away, she bit her lip a little then nods to his brothers. "Let me talk to him..."

She heads to the ruins in the direction Red had gone. She looks around for him as she walked.

He didn't go too far, he had ended up pacing back and forth in front of the structure. He seemed extremely worried, even occasionally mumbling to himself. Once he finally noticed her, he stopped and just looked at her for a minute. "I don't understand why you came back. I thought I told you not to. A few nights ago, when we attacked you... I spared you, and I remember telling you to run and not come back. You ran, like I said you should, but you came back. Why?"

Back