Declan shot a strange look at this Peeves ghost, he got the feeling that the ghost was getting a feel for him or sensed something about him, he disregarded it as nothing turning his focus to this sorting they called it. His blood was up...perhaps he over did it during the tangle with Achilles and friends, there was no way to describe the side effects aside from the paleness and blood tears.

Oriana had snapped him back to reality, his eyes were glowing that demonic red, not by his choice either, he was having issues breathing now too.

"I am not going to start ranting, I can barely breathe right now...you've made yourself clear."

He wasn't going to argue, he was going to let her have her thing, he could understand the desire, but to him this was unbalancing to him and the fact he had not been told by his council was more disturbing, it was like a betrayal or once again being used as a weapon and being kept in the dark.

He was not half monk-half hit man. Whatever he was, it wasn't fully human.

"Ori...side effects to the blood magic and my bloodline, it's wanting to take over, you might need to help when we get settled..."

The grand hall after listening to Professor McGonagall blather on about role call, and comment that he didn't look well from her, which he ignored, led them to something Declan hadn't seen since the incident with his step-mother being turned into a bear...

These tables had what Oriana had told him were houses, and banners about...what in Hades was a Hufflepuff? Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Griffyndor...oh so here was the Griffyndor...

He'd been hearing the other students in line going about being sorted and what houses they'd hoped to be sorted to Griffyndor was the one he kept hearing over and over again, much to his growing disgust. The students and looks he was getting were not unnerving but had him questioning if they sensed something off about him, sure they knew magic to some degree, but could they sense him?

He did his best to hide the paleness, and eased up on Oriana's hand at her request, he wasn't aware he was squeezing it so hard, his focus was trying to curb the anger...it was then the hat caught his attention, so this is how they were sorted.

Now it was time to put the poker face on, block out the bloodline and get themselves quarters...before something he didn't want to happen did...that hat though looked odd...

At his paleness, Oriana conceded and placed her arm around his waist. She didn't pay attention to the girlish giggles around her, it was normal for teenage girls to gawk at couples and Declan had grabbed her hand again. "Okay, fine we won't argue." Whilst Professor McGonagall snipped out some instructions to the unruly first years lining up behind them Oriana raised herself on her tiptoes and whispered in Declan's ear, "Stop thinking about this place and think about what we did back at the Enchanted Tree hotel. I'm up for some more tonight if you are?" She grinned at him, adding a light kiss to his cheek to help calm him down and settled back on the balls of her feet. She could hear a tsk from McGonagall about appropriate behaviors in public and rolled her eyes. "Yes, Professor." Her response was that of a typical sullen teenager.

Her eyes scanned the rest of the Great Hall, most of the houses didn't appeal to her and non of the teachers stood out to her as anything special. A tall man, with deep black eyes and very shiny hair was staring at both her and Declan as if to figure out who they were. It wasn't a malicious look, just a rather frank and inquisitive one.

At the Griffyndor table, a bushy haired girl and what looked like a typical Weasley looking very worried. They were whispering between themselves and looking around the hall as if waiting for someone to turn up. She assumed that was because the Potter boy was nowhere to be seen, a picture of him had been in the Daily Prophet so she knew what he looked like.

Eventually after a long wait, and a silly song about house alliances and impending doom and gloom from the hat Declan was ushered to sit at the high chair. McGonagall placed the dusty hat over his head. Oriana waited impatiently, ignoring the mutterings of bored children around her.

After a while, with a very tired Declan simply slumping on the chair the Hat lightened up very quickly and suddenly. "We have an EMRYS! Slytherin is honored!"

This was said in a loud booming voice, that startled the professors, students and Oriana alike. "What the-" She rushed to Declan's side and pulled him off the chair, swatting the hat off his head and glaring at it for causing a ruckus.

The light muttering of the bored students around them had turned into a massive uproar, enough that Dumbledore himself stood up and after pointing his wand at his throat roared out a "SILENCE!"

Oriana clutched at Declan's hand, and hoped this didn't push him over the edge. "Stay calm..." She whispered, and winced when Dumbledore came bounding over.

"A young wizard from Merlin's line himself, how wonderful. Off to Slytherin now young chap, marvelous." The twinkling blue eyes of his were making her feel nauseous but she had to let go of Declan's hand so he could go be seated at Slytherin's table. "We will talk later, now on with the Sorting!" The old bearded man beamed at the rest of the tables, indicating they should allow Oriana to be sorted instead.

Oriana glanced over at the Slytherin table, the students there seemed to be showing a restrained excitement and were sending smug looks at the rest of the houses.

There was only one thought in her head, if she didn't join him at that table then Declan would start breaking everyone.

"Ah! Another Enchanted Tree visitor...hmmm this one is different."

"You don't know how different"

"Hmm, difficult. VERY difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's power here, oh yes. And a thirst to be a hero in someone's eyes. But where to put you?"

"Not Griffyndor. Not Griffyndor."

"Not Griffyndor, eh? Are you sure? You could be accepted, you know. It's all here in your head. And Griffyndor will help you on the way to acceptance, there's no doubt about that. No? Ahhh, I see also you've been touched by a phoenix as well."

"You heard me. Anything but Griffyndor."

"Well if you're sure, better be... SLYTHERIN!"

"Thank you, can I go now?"

"We have an EMRYS! Slytherin is honored!"

"Wow nice to see Hogwarts has such great policies on not divulging people's personal information..."

When Dumbledore bounded over, all Declan wanted to to was to sit and take it easy, this ill feeling was keeping his patience thin and Dumbledore's words fell on deaf ears. He was having issues keeping his eyes open when it was Oriana's turn to be sorted, all he could think was she needed to be put in the same house he was otherwise there would be some issues.

He'd commented to her before all this commotion of him being Merlin's relative, that he would love another romp as they'd had in the hotel. The Slytherin house's nods had not escaped him, but he didn't look around to see what the other houses reaction was, he was sure it was shock and awe of him being an Emrys.

Declan staggered to the Slytherin table, and immediately wanted something to drink. His eyes were still flashing red but hopefully that was going unnoticed. His concern now was where was Oriana going to end up.

"Up you go now ah Miss...oh dear, how do you pronounce this name." Professor McGonagall hurried her along tutting at her parchment. Oriana gave a apologetic look to Declan across the great hall who was sitting so tiredly among people he didn't know. Once he got some food and rest, she was sure he would be fine.

The hall was still filled with some mutterings of students, and curious glances towards Declan. The girls though were staring at her.

Of course, now she was the standard outcast for being the girlfriend of a 'A-Class' wizard. The news that Declan was of the Emrys line had them all eyeing him up like vultures.

The only one who wasn't was a long blond haired girl sitting at the Ravenclaw table with her head in an upside down magazine. Oriana smiled, at least some people didn't care about silly things like this.

Oriana hopped up on to the chair, brushing her straightened red hair to one side and plonking the hat on.

"Well now, aren't you a surprise." The raspy voice sounded in her head.

"How so?" The response was in her own mind but she made it as sarcastic as she could.

"...I can sense your wand in your pocket, only one other carries such a wand in these walls but...not with a phoenix core. And only one other carries a phoenix core-"

"Oh do shut up, just sort me into Slytherin."

"My, my - yes I do think you would suit Slytherin...but there's is something else within you....I would say Ravenclaw."

"You're sounding as if I have a double personality - I want to be with Declan. Slytherin."

"Are you sure? There is a strong ambition to be powerful...self reliant and independent...yes, I suppose you will do well enough in Slytherin."

"Can I go now?"

"SLYTHERIN"

Oriana threw the hat off her head to the nearest kid in the line, much to the chagrin of the teachers and walked swiftly to plonk herself down right next to Declan. She clutched his hand under the table and leaned into his shoulder. "The hat is a right weirdo."

After that, the sorting ceremony was rather quick as the hat seemed to be more decisive about the other young impressionable minds. Oriana was more interested in the food, and thankfully once the last child was sorted Dumbledore made a fool of himself by blubbering about Nitwit, Oddment, Blubber and Tweak. God knows who they were.

Suddenly food appeared before them, the pitchers and jugs were filled to the brim with what was pumpkin juice. Seeing that Declan was so weary, she piled him plate up first with lamb chops, salad and roast potatoes. Instead of the juice, she opted for iced water for both of them.

To the side of her sat a pale faced, blond haired and somewhat good looking boy. One who was staring at her intently. "So not a Weasley then...what was your name? The cat couldn't pronounce it right?"

Oriana wanted to give him a curt reply, but decided to just confirm her name. "Mikhailova."

"Well...that's not very difficult to pronounce. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. So where did you two transfer from? Durmstrang?"

"Ah...erm no, Blackhaven?" Oriana figured she could pretend it was a small private school. "You wouldn't know of it, it's in erm, Russia. Very small private school."

"I see, well I guess the best for us Purebloods surely? I see you and Emrys are close then?"

"...hmm." Oriana couldn't be bothered to get into an argument about her views on so called blood supremacy, so gave him and the other students a curt look and began piling her own plate up.

"No kidding, that hat has no decency, I certainly didn't want my name being broadcasted like that."

Declan said that again struggling to keep his eyes from flashing red again. At least these people in Slytherin were not going bonkers like those who were in Griffyndor, he didn't get why they acted as if they were superior wizards at all...but it probably did not escape Oriana's notice that he was really hitting the ice water she'd gotten him, she probably couldn't notice he felt feverish, but he certainly could do with the food offered. The commotion of him being Emrys, that he could do with out.

Now this odd looking kid, with a sense of entitlement or was it arrogance? Was speaking to Oriana while he was trying to eat something to quell the fury of his blood line down, he didn't hear anything other than something about "pureblood" and her and Declan being close.

Declan was making it a point to not show off his Emrys bloodline, but he could hear the commotion about it, Griffyndor was jealous by far, he had no idea what the hell Hufflepuff was they didn't seem to be to noisy, Ravenclaw seemed disappointed they lost out on him, and he couldn't tell what his new housemates thought of him yet, just that whatever the hat meant by honored...

The chops were what Declan was after, use of blood magic the way he'd been doing it cause his appetite to act as if he'd not eaten in days, the salad and potatoes were eaten as well, but he was going back for more meat and salad, as he could, his legs were feeling rubbery though, and he was glad the wand he been given didn't draw attention, his damn name did more than enough.

"Malfoy was it? What is your interest in us being close?"

Declan had no clue what the "pureblood" mention was, and he was not going to get into it, this kid reminded him so much of a entitled, spoiled, rich kid. He knew the types after all those damn parties Fergus hosted or they attended. In the commotion of eating, Declan realized he didn't know where he and Oriana would be sleeping.

"Ori, are we getting stuck in dorm rooms after all the feasting?"

He was still pale, but his eyes red glow was fading as he was getting food and settling, he was viewing this Dumbledor as if he was trying to figure him out and why it was such a big deal he was of Emrys blood...

Oriana had opted for roast chicken and chips herself, and moved her hand to Declan's back, rubbing it gently a few times and then picked up a knife and fork to dig in.

"Well..." Draco was staring at Oriana's hip, where her wand was protruding from. "A Malfoy, recognizes those that are unique like themselves...your friend here is someone our families would be interested in meeting." He was attempting to throw a charming smile at Oriana's way, ignoring Declan, but she was too busy shoving the chicken into her mouth. His smile withered away at her blatant ignorance. "May I call you by your first name instead?"

"Nothing unique about me." Oriana replied, her words managing to fall out through bulging cheeks. She hadn't realized she'd been so hungry. "Don't put yourself out. It's Oriana but only he-" She pointed to Declan, "Can call me Ori."

"I see...well, if you ever wish to make friends with the right sort of families...you know where to find me." Draco smirked at her, the table was silent waiting to see her reaction.

"I've already got a family." That caused a witter of annoyance, presumably for Oriana's lack of understanding of their ways and not understanding how her and Declan were related.

At Declan's question about where they would stay for the night, she looked around with a questioning look on her face but then jumped when there was a silent shadow looming behind them.

"Your accommodation will be the Emrys suite." The tall dark haired man who had been watching them as soon as they walked in looked down at them with the coldest eyes. They should have made her shiver with fear but the result was only calming. Odd.

His voice slow and his words drawled out. "Hogwarts will accommodate you Declan Emrys. Miss Mikhailova however will remain with the other girls...in the dormitory."

Oriana blinked down at her potatoes. Well, that ruined their plans for tonight.

"I can assure you Malfoy, you do not want to get on my bad side, my name may carry weight, but I can assure you that you have no idea what you're messing with. Ignore me all you want, but you charms are that of a clumsy drunk at the pub, so do us a favor and kindly piss off."

His eyes flashed a dull red, almost stained glass rose colored, Oriana's touch was helping, but so was much needed food. Perhaps Declan was looking a like a glutton, but the Emrys mannerisms were showing more than he meant them to, he wiped what he thought was sweat but was blood from his face.

"Oh and Malfoy, Oriana's spoken for."

He picked up Oriana's hand and kissed it just to hammer the point home, he could see some of the house members liked him, others wary of him, and some he wasn't sure about. The girl Oriana had noticed with the magazine was now watching this Emrys, was it interest? Or merely curiosity? Declan wasn't focused there, he was trying to eat now his fourth helping, one would think he'd not eaten in days, but this was again a side effect, he'd taken a full rack of lamb chops and more salad, he didn't want to over do the potatoes. But he was sending a clear message to Malfoy, that if he kept it up with Oriana...there'd be trouble.

The pale, exhausted Declan looked up at the newest person to greet them, he liked this tall dark haired man with icy stare, something about him reminded him of Gwydion, the arch druid that trained his uncle, the leader of the druid counsel and someone who would take interest in this care of magical creatures class he was hearing some of the Slytherin members going on about.

"Thank you professor, but I must insist that Miss Mikhailova be included in my accommodation, I don't care what the headmaster says, you'll get no trouble from me, but this is the one thing I will demand."

Declan's eyes flashed a golden color, similar to that of a dragon, the stained glass color red was replaced with a blood red color briefly when the professor had said Oriana would not be with him. However he was taking a page from uncle Merlin in being polite, but firm. Declan had shot Dumbledor a look one that said give me an excuse old man; McGonagall he figured would try and speak to a fellow Scot, but something was preventing her from doing so, perhaps his eyes had been noticed? She did think he wasn't feeling well...

Declan stuck with ice water, though he would kill for a dragon fruit iced tea about now, and he knew pumpkin juice from Polly's in Blackhaven, but that would not settle him down...all he wanted to do was finish this meal, and rest with Oriana by his side, something about her was calming the other side of Declan...

Oriana stopped herself short of snorting at Malfoys angry face, the boy had turned beet red and it was refreshing not to have to knock down someone's ego for once. She'd had enough of pushing away customers back at The Tea Party that this little teenager wasn't really a worry for her, but it must have pissed off Declan enough for him to comment. The blood tears hadn't gone unnoticed either and she sighed.

They really needed to talk about these issues he kept having, it was starting to annoy her now how he would get affected by the smallest things that didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. People who shouldn't matter affected him and that needed to be fixed.

What Declan was forgetting was that in the eyes of the people here, he was just a sixteen year old boy. Surname Emrys or not. And the way he was talking was that of a very confident adult. Oriana wondered how he could ever go undercover anywhere.

Needless to say, it had further shocked the people with in the Great Hall. "Ah...Professor?" Oriana questioned, unsure of his name. "Declan here doesn't feel well, that's why he's - y'know. He gets ill like this a lot, no point bothering a nurse." She put on her best 'innocent girl' act. "How about, I take him to the ah Emrys suite and I will return to the dorms later on...I assume there is a curfew."

"10pm sharp....and Miss Mikhailova?" The man slowly crossed his arms, he hadn't even blinked at Declan yet. That calculating gaze was there, "I suggest that you don't let me catch you in the halls after 10pm...or in his suite. I wouldn't wish to remove points...from my own house." He passed some scrolls to her and then turned swiftly on his toes, walking out of the hall with his robes billowing behind him.

Oriana had noticed his lips quirk as he gave her that 'warning', so reading between the lines she understood what he was saying.

Do what you want just don't get caught.

What piqued her curiosity was that strange blue hazy mist around his head, she would have to mention it to Declan later. Finishing the last of her chicken quickly, she nudged Declan and showed him the scrolls that the professor had passed to her. "Here's a map to your suite...and these are our lesson plans. Why don't we go now...think you've eaten enough?" She grinned, discreetly using a napkin to clean the corners of his eyes.

Declan's legs were rubbery but he could walk, he was more than happy to leave the commotion behind and see what in Hades this Emrys Suite was.

"That always happens after..."

Lesson plans this would be amusing to say the least, he had to admit to Oriana that he wanted to see some of these so called wizards fumble around with some of these classes. The only ones peaking his interest were the defense against dark arts and the potion class, but his interest was merely to see what in the world they were on about.

He let Oriana take the lead on getting them to the suite, and he did explain the use of blood magic, again citing what was going on with him was a side effect.

"I don't know what our bloodline is, uncle Merlin has only said that it is not human. But this always happens to us when we use blood magic."

One of the interesting things he and uncle Merlin had been called were angels, usually they didn't get called something like that at all. This had him wondering what these odd balls here at Hogwarts would view him as, aside from an Emrys.

Declan's eyes went back to that stained glass rose color in glowing off and on, it would be remincient of a jack o lantern at Halloween, he was no longer sweating, but still feverish. He was happy to be away from the hall, though he'd heard the professor's words about not catching Oriana in his suite, Declan was not sure if he should have laughed or viewed it with a double meaning.

Right now a nice soft bed with Oriana in it was what he wanted, he'd deal with the rest of the 'lesson plan' when it was time for that. Declan of note though was curious to see exactly how much his name would allow him to flaunt the rules, the commotion was one thing, but would he be free to walk about the school as he wanted?

For the first time he was feeling disappointment that he didn't get that Cypress wand, not that he'd use it, but he liked the make.

Oriana made sure to help him keep his head down, last thing they needed was rumours. "Let's go." She nodded her at the Slytherin table, and using a napkin wrapped up two desserts. The sugar would help him, but they'd prefer to eat in bed. She picked treacle tart for herself and what the girls called a cauldron cake for Declan.

The hallways were interesting, she didn't mind the talking and moving portraits. However she got an inkling that they were more, 'spies' rather than a innocent gimmick of this world. "Apparently it's really close to the dungeons..." She had one arm around his waist as she helped him walk. The staircases apparently moved but upon their approach, the school seemed to sense who they were and creaked into the right area for them. "Strange how your family line has a whole suite here...and yes, I know this happens every time you use blood magic but why do you use it or tap into it for dumb reasons. People do get by without this power of yours...you need to learn to only use it when absolutely necessary. What was so necessary about tonight?" She nagged him in frustration, mostly because she hated seeing him this way.

"Ah...we should be here." She turned a corner and raised her eyebrows in surprise. The stone wall had a tree suddenly growing in it, the bark of the tree had a large door with Celtic designs carved into it and a metallic handle. It looked odd in the surroundings around them, as if it had just appeared or grown out of nowhere. "How do we get inside." She twisted the handle and it wouldn't move or budge an inch.

At her touch however, a small etching of a dragon moved across the door and hissed at them. "Do you know how to open the door?" She asked Declan, her arms were getting tired of holding him, the scrolls and dessert. The door handle, had a ridged edge and upon closer inspection it looked like it had gotten rusted over time, stained with brown. "Hang on, this has old blood on it. One second." She straightened, touching the edge of Declan's eye and use the drop of blood to smear it across the handle.

As soon as she did this, the door smoked out and it fell open to reveal a darkened room. Oriana motioned with her hands and some fire bells surrounded them, illuminating the space around them to help see more clearly. "Oh, wow!"

"I didn't use any blood magic tonight, it's still the effects from our bout with Achilles. But something about this place is calling out to my bloodline, I don't know what it is that's causing the effects, usually after a couple of days, only the paleness remains."

He didn't have an answer to why his uncle had a suite here, let alone he was still getting his mind wrapped around the fact his uncle had been here, and never mentioned it to him and probably his aunt Nimue as well.

The room confirmed it, this was his uncle's design.

The ceiling housed the zodiac signs, both in symbol and actual picture of what they were though it was either ancient Greek design or medieval, Declan couldn't say for sure. There was a classic Celtic stained glass window that one could see out of, but no one could see in, the design on it was also medieval, Declan couldn't tell how much before Camelot this was, but certainly showed the red and white dragons. The desk was solid oak, the jeweled skull looked like the one at his uncle's house, though this one's eyes had one emerald and one sapphire. There were some books or tomes Declan ran his hand across and the reacted to his touch by the runes glowing red, orange, and light blue.

The chairs were comfortable reclining chairs, the wooden frames on the chairs were Celtic knots, with stags, dragons, bears, and hawks. These too reacted to Declan almost welcoming and inviting him to sit down. It was then he noticed it...that dreaded tea service, with the possessed sugar bowl he remembered this from when he was young...that damn sugar bowl had a mind of it's own and could be vicious.

This room had it's own bathroom too...a very comfortable tub that what looked to Declan like a pool, it had hot water...oh he got it, it was a hot tub of sorts, more of a hot spring, but in the dark and middle ages this was common. That tub could fit two for sure. He had to laugh to himself that even here, his uncle had mops and brooms to keep the room clean.

The tapestries showed some of his adventures before Camelot, there not too much showing Camelot aside from a crystal ball. Declan had to conclude this room was done before and in the very early days of Camelot, there was nothing indicating his uncle had been here since the fall of Camelot. There was nothing indicating his aunt here either.

Though there was a display that housed different wands, this too reacted to Declan, but he chose to leave them be, the other trinkets, books, and other drawings or notes, were interesting, things that from he saw in the lesson plan, were not being taught.

The fireplace in the room was warded, Declan had no idea why, but it sure kept the room warm, the rugs were thankfully not animal skin, just heavy silk rugs. The bed was the welcome sight, it was king sized, a sleigh bed that Declan laughed about the brooms and mops putting modern bedding on it, complete with feather pillows, though this was the interesting piece, the evil eye warded this room, Declan knew the evil eye very well, it kept bad spirits away and evil presences away as well.

The paintings of the bedroom had very natural feel, of interest there was only one thing of his uncle here, a portrait that hung by door that entered the place, it almost stood guard, the small stone gargoyles and carving of Etrigan made this place even safer.

"The tools here are impressive, I've not seen these since I was young."

Declan was just as impressed as Oriana was, more so that the place came to life upon their entry.

"Well try not to get angry about silly things and end up making it worse..." Oriana quipped back, going around the room and smiling fondly at the mops and brooms. "Ah, it feels like home now doesn't it." She was very impressed with the bathing area and had a smirk on her face at the thought of getting in there for a 'relaxing' session with Declan.

"Come, let's have our dessert and go to sleep." She placed their desserts on a bedside table, and flopped eagle style onto the neatly made bed and feigned a few snores instantly. She couldn't keep it up though and ended up snorting in laughter, "I'm kidding, we'll eat and then go check out that bath together.."

In the corner of the ceiling was a red imprint of what looked like a firebird. Oriana squinted, it was strange how she kept seeing signs of the phoenix everywhere. Thinking about their bags she jolted up and noticed them by the side of the bed. "Oh, perhaps the castle help put them there." She hadn't noticed any maintenance staff of any kind, no caterers or cleaners. Perhaps they were disillusioned?

That tea set Declan had remember how to use it, and would finally get his iced dragon fruit tea, but he was steering clear of that accursed sugar bowl, that thing one minute was giving you sugar, the next smacking your fingers with the spoon. He was still wobbly in walking before his uncle's chair got him to sit down by bumping him at the knees and butt met seat cushion, Declan remembered a chair similar to this...one his uncle rocked him to sleep in when he was young...Fergus did love his son, but just was afraid of the boy, Merlin having no sons and his four daughters were the high priestess of Avalon, known as the seasons. Declan's mother was his younger sister, Scotland's high priestess of Avalon, but bound in her service to the goddess.

Oriana was right it did feel like home, to Declan in a sense it felt that Merlin was still trying to protect him in a sense. Oriana was right, eat the dessert and check out the bath.

The cake was lost on him, he was sure no one was going to be doing a room check on him, and if they did, that evil eye would have something to say about it. There must have been a reason uncle Merlin had installed that here, Declan knew why he had one at the Arcana Cabana but as long as he'd known his uncle, some things he did Declan wasn't sure what the reason was.

"I am checking out the bath, are you coming?"

To his shock, the bat filled itself, it seemed to know what temp to make the water, this Declan was sure had nothing to do with his bloodline, his uncle loved these sorts of cantrips on objects. The paleness of Declan's skin was clear he looked on the level of a marble statue highlighted with blood tears, his eyes upon entry to the room had stopped glowing colors. What was interesting was his uncle's incense went off with the bath salts in the tub, he didn't use bath salts, it had to be Oriana. The incense was always something Declan had, scented candles not so much.

The feverish feeling dipped when he lowered himself in the tub...though the wince of pain could be seen, and something in ancient Gaelic he could understand part of, was trying to calm whatever was getting his blood up.

Breathing in the incense was helping slightly, Oriana's touch possibly triggered the calming effect, but at some point they'd need to find out what the Emrys bloodline was. Perhaps the one professor, the one that wasn't a prig and seemed to be the head of Slytherin might have answers...but how to ask?

For now, Oriana time this is what was needed, to calm the bloodline and restore the balance in him.

Last edited:
Oriana grinned and threw off her clothes, stretching and cracking her aching back. Come to think of it, their dinner had made her a little nauseous. She picked up her treacle tart and sniffed it, grimacing and putting it down again. The sweet scent made her want to throw up. Perhaps travelling from Blackhaven to Hogwarts had tired her out more than she had originally thought? She just needed to rest...with Declan.

She grabbed a robe, tossing it on a chair near the bathing area and waded into the water. The scents around her suddenly changed, the water rippled around her to be less hot on her skin and she could smell lemons and oranges in the air instead. Instantly her feelings of sickness receded and she moved to rest her head on Declan's shoulder, her back against a marble wall. "Remind me to thank your Uncle for this brilliant idea. Mind you...this was before your Aunt Nimue, who was he entertaining in here?" It was just a few teasing words, but she wondered if Nimue did know about this place. The ceiling above them was a work of art, tiny dragons and phoenixes were sculpted into every corner. All four elements were painted in intricate ways, fire, water, air and earth were all clearly represented.

"So...I was thinking to ask, did you notice that Professor's head? It had some kind of mist around it...I don't think other people noticed..." She breathed in and out deeply, thankful the intense incense smell had lessened somewhat to something more fruity. Maybe she needed to visit the nurse...or was she due on? Oriana squinted, no, wasn't due for another two weeks. "I thought he was rather nice to us actually...just sounded a bit jilted. The other students seemed to be scared of him but I didn't get that vibe."

"I am not sure what uncle Merlin would have been doing in a place like this, your guess is as good as mine as to who he was entertaining, but that much I am sure he was doing. Though my uncle does enjoy comforts, much like my own training I am guessing he wanted to ensure he never lost it again."

Declan was trying to laugh but it made him tense up again as if whatever the bloodline was, was going to take hold. He leaned his head back, trying to breathe in the incense a bit. He'd noticed Oriana hadn't eaten her dessert, that wasn't normal.

"Feeling okay? You normally don't leave a dessert."

He knew better than to argue the point, if she said she was fine, he did attempt a playful grab at her chest, albeit it a shaky one. He hated having the shakes, but this too would pass.

"Yes he did have a mist, not sure what that was. I didn't get a good look at it, that Malfoy nuisance and that Dumbledore kept being distractions...and don't get me started on the looks those other houses were giving me..."

She was right, the other students seemed scared of the professor that was head of their house, that was of interest to note. There had to be a reason.

"Remember what little girl said at the tree, about there being a terrorist situation here? Wonder if that professor has some insight."

Oriana playfully hit at his hand, noticing the tremble just pulled both of his hands around her to the back and held him. "I'm not okay actually, felt very tired and nauseous since we came from the Enchanted tree." Her head fell to his chest and she tried not to fall asleep there and then. "It was probably all the floo travel we did...we aren't used to it." It's not like Declan was any better either. "I'll be fine by the morning..."

"Oh, I saw on the scrolls that tomorrow is Defense Against the Dark Arts first thing...with the Griffin-dorks." She rubbed the side of his arms to keep him calm, "And I know they were doing most of the staring and talking, just ignore them. Annoying as they are, it's still just a bunch of kids. If they were adults it'd be another thing...they think we are kids like them. So just don't let it bother you." She furrowed her brows, "It said Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Snape...that man, the head of house...the name would suit his personality. He needs to teach us that trick with his cloak...looks rather cool."

She wondered where Mushu had gone, having not felt his presence since they arrived at the Great Hall. She wouldn't be surprised if he was out scoping the castle and wondered if he could get some more information on that odd ghost they'd met upon their arrival. "We have other classes too...Charms and Transfiguration...I don't mind skiving them to checkout the Library instead."

"I'm mildly interested in seeing what these people consider 'Dark Arts'; most of this is like those stage magicians in Vegas called Sigfried and Roy, no real magic just spectacle."

He shrugged at her commentary about travel making her feel ill, she could be right that may have just been it. Though for himself, he was going to feel cold and his appetite would be accelerated, much like Mushu's appetite. Right now rest is what was needed after this soak.

"I really don't like that Griffyndor house at all, aside from the rude stares, I kept hearing that Potter name again like he's on the same level as my uncle. Just promise me if they push, you'll let me squash them. So that's the name of our head of house, something of him reminded me of Gwydion, my uncle's teacher, he just seems more sour, probably a reason for it too."

Mushu meanwhile had been in communication with Etrigan about Hogwarts and Etrigan had mentioned that Nessie had also said something about these so called Death Eaters and Dumbledore being a block head. But the dragon in disguise had been doing reconissance ever since tying to ease his master's tension, there was not much he could do to calm the fury of the bloodline, but at least he could give the sorcerer an edge or even invaluable information. He could sense his master's dislike of the one called Potter and had spent some time listening in with Weasley and Hermoine on the stupid boy. Fearing for his master he sought potential allies and on top of it was shocked Declan ended up in Slytherin, the dragon had him pegged for Ravenclaw on some of his personality.

Summoning the Minotaur could not help Declan and Oriana here, no could Mushu reveal himself as a dragon, for some stupid reason these so called wizards thought they could not be familars and were not tameable. Mushu could sense something in the ghost called Peeves, and the name Rowena struck him as some how connected to Declan's uncle...he'd have to corner the ghost called Peeves, Declan could not in his state question the ghost. The dragon was now roaming the halls, if any student was stupid enough to try and get in his way...they'd regret it.

"PEEVES! COME OUT NOW, IT'S MUSHU EMRYS, YOU KNOW ME AND WHO I AM CONNECTED TO!"

"Mm...as long as we both agreed. No...solo figh-." After a beat it was obvious that Oriana had fallen asleep on his shoulder mid sentence. It didn't last long however as it was an awkward position to zonk out in, standing in water. Oriana jolted awake after a few minutes where she had fallen asleep on Declan's shoulder. If he hadn't been there with her, she would have sunk down into the water. The water hadn't changed temperature but her skin was shriveling up. One of the mops screeched to a halt at the side of the bath, two wooden arms sticking out with large fluffy towels for them both. "I think we're being told to dry off and get into bed." She mumbled at him, and as she swam to the steps and climbed up the mop comically turned around as if was shielding its eyes and respectfully looking away. She laughed tiredly, wrapping a towel around her body and waiting on Declan to join her. If his legs were still weak she'd help him to bed.

Meanwhile, Peeves was doing everything possible to hide from the dragon that was loitering the halls. It wasn't that he was scared, but more worried what information that damn rascal would pull out his mouth. At his call, the poltergeist rolled it's eyes and with a 'pop' appeared before Mushu.

Although Peeves could change his appearance, he had stuck with the image of a little man with wicked dark eyes and a wide mouth, he floated cross-legged in the air, clutching at his heart as if he was in trauma. "Oh Mushu you rotter, what have you done? Called upon Peeves, you're just no fun. Oh, most think your masters barking, that Emrys wee lad! But some are more kindly and think he’s just sad, But Peevesy knows better and says that he’s– wait, not telling. What do you want?’

Declan was shaking getting out of the tub, everything still felt like he had a fever and his sides felt like he'd been throwing up, going to bed with Oriana was the most welcoming thing right now, allowing himself to be dried off and putting on his customary sleep clothes, he was making sure he would wear a short sleeved t shirt to sleep, didn't want the mark to be seen, and shorts. This wasn't their bed at the Arcana Cabana, but it was as close as they'd get. He was not excited about the classes, but he'd make it a point to skip them, his uncle's connection had him wondering as did what the girl at the tree had said about the terrorist situation, he'd not see anything to indicate that. Lying down on the bed, he found the zodiac ceiling interesting, it was almost as if the painted stars were glowing.

"Only if pushed, I am not seeking a fight, I am more interested in what the hell my uncle was doing here, and if that Potter gets in my way...squish."

Mushu, aware of Declan's current state of blood magic withdraw and fighting the darkside of that, wasn't in the mood for Peeves and his nonsense.

"Look, I know you know something about my master, and I am asking you to keep that mouth of yours shut, especially to that Potter jack-ass. However at my master's bidding, I need all the information on Potter, Weasley, and Granger, and I mean all the fucking Weasleys here! And what you know about my master!"

"Say 'please'."

"Don’t fuck around Peeves, what is the deal with Potter, Weasley, and Granger? What do you know about my master!"

"Shan’t say nothing if you don’t say please"

"I am not in the mood for this shit... please."

"NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn’t say nothing if you didn’t say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!"

While Mushu couldn't reveal his true form...his eyes could plenty and the colors they were glowing showed he meant business, and he was not in the mood, he needed to know if Peeves knew about the bloodline or just that Declan was Merlin's nephew or something more.

"You do realize buddy boy, that my master is about three steps from breaking everyone in here and tearing this place down brick by brick, so we can do this the easy way or the hard way...you know what I am...so let's be reasonable."

Last edited:
It didn't take long for Oriana to join Declan in bed, unlike him she didn't bother with clothes but draped a soft sheet over their bodies and turned to face him with a small smile. "Remember we are only here for a month...that face you have on is as if you're trying to solve a mystery that doesn't concern us." She wrapped a body around them and faintly missed having a television to watch until they fell asleep. Her hair was slightly wet, but a wave of her hand had it dried instantly. "...I wonder why I keep seeing the Phoenix symbolism...everywhere we go." She mumbled into his neck, "Even here...I thought Merlin preferred dragons and serpents in his art work...interior designing...but here it's very, different too. Almost like...we were meant to come. I hate feeling like I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle. Never liked them."

"Peeves....you dare not disobey the Emrys's familiar." A cold raspy voice sounded behind the Poltergeist and Peeves turned in fear to see the only other apparition that had the ability to bend his will.

The Bloody Baron was a horrible sight to behold, he sat on the hallway floor casually rattling his chains and gazing at Mushu with blank staring eyes, his gaunt face, and robes stained with silver blood. "Answer now Peeves. The time has come for the madness within these stone walls to end..." The apparition had a knife sticking out the side of his eleventh century clothes.

"Peevsie doesn't think so." Peeves was disgruntled, but he dare not argue against the Bloody Baron. Mushu's angry glare was disconcerting but it had nothing on the Bloody Barons empty stare that made you feel as if you would be exercised that very moment. Instead of blowing a raspberry into the dragons face he folded his arms sullenly instead, floating around the familiar in a circle mid air. "Your master...was fated to return to these walls and retrieve a vitally important item Merlin himself left. There is a strong spirit awaiting the return of her descendant too...the Phoenix by his side. Hogwarts herself hid the item and the spirit, guarding them until their arrival and call. Peevsie doesn't want Emrys and the Phoenix to leave. I have been so bored...within these walls, and Merlin refused to free me." The ugliest pout appeared on the jesters face, "Waited so long...for the true chaos and mayhem to enter these walls and now once the item has been retrieved the Emrys boy will go home." He blew raspberries into the air, "Not fair! Peevsie won't let them leave..." Getting annoyed at the idea of remaining here and being left him behind again, he kicked a load of armors and started floating away. "Not sayin' more! Catch me if you can!"

"Peeves has been here since before Hogwarts...they Death Council have theorized that he is the dark part of these walls and Hogwarts herself is the light. They can not be without each other...or the balance will be toppled. He is troublesome...but harmless." The Bloody Baron did not insist that the poltergeist remain longer, and stood up. Despite not being able to remove the dried silver colored blood upon his robes, he made a show of dusting himself off. "That is the most you will get out of him...for tonight. As for the Potter, Weasley's and Granger girl...they are not for your Master to trouble himself with. They have arrived with a destiny of their own...a man made destiny but fated now nevertheless. The Potter boy is a lamb for the slaughter...the machinations of a madman with too much power within his grip." Down the hall he could see the angry steps of Filch. "Go now Familiar...your task here is done."

Back