Blood Angel

Focusedheart

Through all, smile. Through the worst, smirk.
Most never knew of the battles around them, of the dangers of those fights or the results of them. There was a time long ago when angels often came against vampires in a massive battle. Only a few survived. Those who did don't talk about it and the two enemies avoid one another as much as possible in order to avoid another war.

For one though, she was left in the middle stuck, unwanted by either side. Her name was Angelian. The only angel to become bitten by a vampire and survived. Her body has responded very differently than any other.

Her wings had turned to the color of blood with few black feathers. Her hair a deep red with blonde highlights. Her eyes black with a golden ring and of course the fangs.

It was those the marks that covered her wrists, neck and ankles. Marks that seemed alive as they would stir and move on her flesh.

Her angel side was still with her, forbidden to touch another, it causes her great pain to be touched. The worst times was when her vampire side came to the surface, the blood hunger. She had no choice but to feed, a process that is very painful and takes its toll on her.

Hiding and keeping her appearance normal around humans had been a learned task. It had taken centuries for her to figure it out but she had managed enough so that she could live among them but there was no hiding her marks except with long sleeves, pants and a choker necklace.

It was 2017 and she had made her way to the local bar that served all kinds of creatures. She had learned to mask her powers so as she walked inside, everyone knew she was something but never knew what. Her wings out of sight and a pair of jeans and a red long sleeve shirt clothed her with boots on her feet. Beneath the jacket she wore were two knives crisscrossed at her back.

Moving to the bar she sat down. The pain of being in such a place had numbed over 500 years ago but it still bothered her. She was never talkative and usually scared off anyone that tried to talk to her except the bar tender who put the usual before her as she sat down.

Out of the many who had been left unaware of the war between angels and vampires, one of another species might himself learning from the bitten angel. He didn't know of it at first, of course, he simply walked into the bar not suspecting anything. He knew it was a place for a supernaturals, but it was his first time in this particular business. He had his human disguise on like usual, showing only pale skin, dark purple hair that could easily be mistaken for black at a distance, and lavender eyes. He was wearing a black shirt that wasn't quite a turtleneck but could be mistaken for one, a purple jacket over top of it, black jeans and grey tennis shoes with a streak of purple going through them. Much like the angel he was soon to meet, everyone in the bar would know he was something, but likely not know precisely what. He absentmindedly sat one chair away from the angel at the bar, placed an order, and gave her a quick glance before returning his attention to his own thoughts.

Angelian had nodded to the bartender as he set before her the usual drink. The male never bothered her and stopped asking questions long ago. It was only because she had taken out a vampire that had tried to kill the male's mate.
With a sigh she sipped on her glass and just relaxed. The tension though would never leave her if ever.
As she felt someone near, she glanced at the demon that had sat down. She recognized one any where. She turned her eyes back to her glass.

The demon, as much as he didn't want to bother anyone, couldn't help but keep glancing at the girl not too far from him. He had to admit, she was rather pretty, not to mention fascinating. He tried to keep his looks to brief glances, not wanting to stare lest it make her annoyed with him. The tensity in her posture made her look as though she had been through something rather tough, and whether or not that was the case, he didn't want her to beat him just for looking at her. He didn't even know what she was, which meant he didn't know her strength, and he typically just avoided physical confrontation in general. Something he had picked up from his older brother.

The bartender had noticed the glancing and was about to say something to the young one but was interrupted by the burst from one of the other patrons.
"Thought you didn't like our kind whore!" It was a vampire that had made the remark and he was looking directly at Angelian with four other vampires behind him.
A heavy sigh left her lips and she glanced to the bartender. " Just put it on my tab Markus." She says before standing.

The vampires lunged for her at once. She managed to avoid three of them before the other two got ahold of her. The pain started instantly and her markings flared to life. Her eyes darkened and she threw one suddenly into a table and the second into his buddies.
Then as swift as the wind, she drew a dagger and sent it straight into the chest of the ring leader. He screamed before turning to ash. His buddies took off running. Her eyes flicker slightly and she nods to the bartender. "My apologies."
The other patrons had either left or returned to their drinks.
The bartender sighs. "The master has put a price on your head. He sent the order out last night." He said gently.
Angelian glanced to the demon then shrugs. "Let them come. What is there for me to live for?" She grumbles.

The demon had mostly been in his own head, but he instantly snapped out of it at the sound of shouting. He watched the angel fight off the vampires and seemed to only become increasingly fascinated with her. He wanted to help her, but he didn't know anything about who she was up against, and she seemed to handle herself pretty well. However, he noticed when she glanced in his direction after the fight, and quickly turned back to his own spot at the bar in attempts to hide the fact that he might've been staring at her in disbelief and amazement. Hearing her question what she had to live for, he wanted to give his two cents but was too cautious and paranoid to open his mouth. Too bad, too, he really wanted to talk to this girl. He just didn't want to get pummeled like what had happened to those vampires.

Angelian had indeed caught his staring but she didn't give it much thought. She could feel his unease. Things like that used to bother her. Back when she cared about those around her. Even a demon she would protect at times. Now? She pushes the thoughts aside and sipped on her drink again. Was there a point? She couldn't even let her wings out to fly anymore because humans would see her and everything else wanted to kill her. No. She had nothing anymore.

Despite his better judgement, he felt his eyes drifting over to her again. He really wanted to say something to her, anything, but he just couldn't find the words. He couldn't just outright say he was fascinated with her, that might weird her out. But anything else he could say felt like it had a slim chance of starting any real conversation, and if it did it wouldn't last long. He still didn't know what she was, so he didn't know what might interest her.. it was when he finally looked away from her again that he mumbled something, part of him hoping she wouldn't hear. "You're an excellent fighter..."

His words had reached her ears. She didn't survive as long as she had without good hearing. She tilts her head a bit. How he had said it puzzled her. He didn't say it with confidence of her hearing him but rather under his breath.
She now looked to him. Arching a brow slightly. Her question in return was simple. "How old are you?" It was derogatory or meant to belittle him, she was truly curious of his age.

As simple as the question was, it seemed to put him on edge. But he couldn't just ignore her. He hesitated a minute... "15..." He gave a quick glance to the bartender, half expecting to be kicked out now that he knew he was underage. Then again, he didn't think this bar would use human standards so maybe he stood a chance. A split second later he looked back to the table and was keeping his hands folded in front of him. He wanted to show that he didn't pose a threat, but considering just the way he looked he doubted she would think that.

Her eyes seem to flicker slightly. She nods at his answer. He was indeed young. It explained a lot. Her eyes glance to the bartender and she shakes her head at the male. Then spoke to the demon again. "You don't hang out with your own kind every often do you?" She asks then adds. "Most demons know of the rules of places such as this. Your age isn't a problem. Markus has but one rule. Dont cause trouble." She shrugs. She wouldn't ask about parents simply because she didn't know of any demon that had ever stayed around their offspring after a certain age.

He finally allowed himself to look up to her as he spoke, and as he responded. "This is my first time in this establishment. I didn't hear very much about it. As for hanging out with 'my own kind'... As pathetic as it sounds, the closest people to me are my own brothers, so... well, considering I don't know what you meant by that statement, I have no idea what it proves."

She shakes her head a bit. Markus had pity in his eyes. "It means you know nothing of the world you come from." She looks to him. "These bars like this are safe zones for all creatures in the city. Sanctuaries where no violence is tolerated. Its something that all beings are made to know at a young age to avoid hunters." She stated simply. She wasn't trying to be mean doe once to him but simply wondering if anyone had taught him such important facts.

"I see... I suppose my brothers and I are rather secluded compared to other supernaturals." He was starting to feel a little worse about himself just hearing all this, though he didn't show it. "Something to keep in mind for future reference, I suppose. But if no violence is tolerated in a place like this, why would those beings from earlier want to attack you, or anyone for that matter?"

Angelian shrugs slightly and looks away at his question. "They are fools." She shrugs. She falls silent then says. "Its not your fault you weren't taught but now you know and you can teach your brothers. Protect them. Family is rare." She says and ignores the look she was getting from the bartender.

This last comment made him curious as well, but he brushed it off, not wanting to delve into her personal business. Instead he gave her a smile and nodded. "I'll be sure to let them know. Thank you for being the one to teach me."

She nods a bit and returns to her drink. Too many had not taught their young what was essential to survive in this human dominated world.

She sips on her drink a moment, her mind pushing back the thoughts of the past.

Despite thinking it better to mind his own business from this point, he just couldn't stop himself from continuing to glance over at her. He wanted to figure out what she was, but at the moment that didn't seem to be an easy task. Her human disguise was good, he had to give her that. Made him feel like his was a little generic. But the red hair and gold-circled eyes had to mean something, right?

His eyes were on her again. She could feel them. It didnt make her uncomfortable but it was something that annoyed her. Most times she would have scolded the staring person but she realized he lacked some of the normal socilization and he was curious. Being the only of her kind would do that. Her eyes flicker slightly as she glanced at him. "Why do you stare?"

This put him on high alert and he quickly looked away. "Sorry! Guess I just couldn't bring myself to look away from you." Even if the wording made what he said sound like a pick-up line, his tone of voice showed no intent of trying to hit on her. If anything, there was a hint of shame and embarrassment in his voice.

Back