Blood Dragon

Dagger shakes her head at his words. "This is plenty. I'm used to much less I assure you. " She says.

Sitting down by the fire on the mat he offered. Her body ached from the movement before relaxing again. As she watched him with the fire, her eyes darken a little, changing to a deep red. The fire grew for a moment before settling to a nice size.

Scipio smiles at her her appreciation, and opens his knapsack. He takes out berries he harvested along the way, and sets them on a flat stone to ferment. "So... who is the other half you were talking about? You don't have to tell me though." He asks as he tends to the blankets. She seemed like an interesting maiden, and her eye color was peculiar to him. What is her story, he wonders.

She looks at him for a moment. To tell him about her dragon, was a dangerous thing to do. There was a death mark over her head just for being one, not to mention those who wanted her alive to do as they wished.

With a sigh, she shakes her head at him. "Unfortunately it may not be wise for me to tell you that. " She shrugs a little. "Nothing personal. "

Scipio nods in agreement. "Must be hard... wandering around with a bounty on your head? I know that look on your face, you are an outcast." He says as he offers a handful of berries for her to snack on and distract from pain. He felt uneasy saying this to her, because he knew those with bounties want to distance themselves from a potential hunter.

Her eyes flicker a little as she regards him then nods as she accepts the berries from him. "I've been dealing with this since birth. It's just how it is.....how the world works it seems." She says.

She looks around a little before looking back to the flames. She eats the berries quietly.

Relieved that she didn't react hostile, he looked into the flames as well. "Consider this a break from whatever you faced, then." He says as he turns the blankets again.

A break? That wasn't possible. She shakes her head a little. "No offense, but in this life...there are no breaks. The only way to stay alive is to stay aware." She says and shrugs a little.

Her second half was stirring and not happy but Dagger ignored the dragon still. She was still angry with the dragon.

Scipio remained silent as he stared at the red tongues of heat. "That is true... the world can seem bleak and challenging to all but the pampered noble. The sun is starting to set, you should get rest. I need to tend to the fire, so you can sleep in the tent if you want." He says as the light from above the canopy dims. She seems well mannered for a rogue, he didn't agree with them putting a bounty on a girl who clearly has been through many things.

Her eyes flicker again. This man was so strange to her. No one had ever been so kind to her in this way before. It was unnerving but at the same time it was refreshing.

She hesitates a little then nods slightly. Sleep was not something she had gotten in a while. "Call for me if you need anything." Moving to the tent, she laid down and curled up quietly. Her dragon half was a till awake and alert.

He noticed her face when she decided to go to the tent, and he felt pity for her. Who would put her through such a torment that she is surprised by simple humanity? "Sleep well, Dagger." He says as he watches the light vanish slowly from the woods. He shuddered at the thought of what she might be hunted for, but regardless of her conditions she needed help. He just didn't know how to help her much more...

Sleeping was strange. So rare but she was glad for it and curled up tightly. It took several long minutes though to actually fall asleep. Once asleep though, her dragon remained alert.

She would manage to sleep a few hours at least.

Looking behind him, he sees the girl has fallen asleep in the tent. He brings the fire to a steady blaze and removes the blankets. He walks to the tent and carefully drapes a blanket over Dagger, saving the other for himself. He lays next to the fire and wraps himself in the blanket. Hopefully she can be trusted as well, he thinks to himself before falling asleep as well.

For a moment she sleeps quietly. Her dragon half though, knew he had approached and knew he had placed the blanket on them. Blood stayed watchful but let Dagger sleep as long as possible.

It was several hours later when Dagger was woken up sharply by Blood. Her eyes were dark. Danger was approaching.

She mutters curses beneath her breath. She shouldn't have fallen asleep. She should have kept going. "Wake up!" She says sharply. "Someone is approaching." She says to him as she came out of the tent.

Scipio awakens from her alert and stands up. The fire was out, and what was the turmoil. "What is it?" He asks, alert as he scans the area. He dashes to the tent and rummages through the pine needles and gets his sword that he kept hidden. The blade was mostly dull and rusted as he draws it from the scabbard, he wouldn't have his camp attacked.

Last edited:
Her eyes were dark with red as her stance was tense and aware. "Smells like a group from the lake. Must have followed my trail." She mutters a curse, then glances at the blade. "I will deal with them..."

Before any arguing could be issued, a group of armoured looking creatures stepped from the darkness of the trees. Her eyes flicker again.

One stepped forward and growled at them before pointing a blade in Dagger's direction. "You girl will pay for what you did! Dragon!"

Her eyes flicker and she glares back at them. "Last I checked you and your group attacked me. Not my fault your best couldn't back up their words. " She grumbled at them.

Scipio looked around at the creatures, "What the hell is going on!" he shouts, "What has she done that causes you to hunt her?" He held a firm stance next to dagger as the armored creatures approached. "One more step..." He mutters, his face showing that he was more than just pissed off at the intrusion.

Dagger smirks a bit and tilts her head a bit. "I ate their leader or well my other half did." She shrugs a bit.

The creatures seemed to growl and step forward again. "Who is your pet,dragon?" The creature sneered.

Dagger's entire stance and expression seemed to change as her eyes glowed deep red. "Carefully demon, I'm still hungry you know."

That seemed to make the creatures leery but not enough to stop them as they suddenly rushed forward to attack. "Don't let her shift!"

Scipio's face turned even more solemn as he sees the creature step forward.

"I will kill all of you if you don't step away from my camp." He says, moving his left hand onto the handle of the sword.

"I am tired of this talk of dragons and demons, and I will not hesitate again." He says as he pans his cold glare across the creatures, even Dagger.

It wasn't Dagger who smirked back at the male. No Blood had taken over. "Oh but human you are surrounded by them."

Her shape began to change, growing in size as her skin became scales. In a rush ,where Dagger used to stand now stood a large red dragon.

A grumbling roar rose from her throat as she glared down at the creatures and at the male. She licks her maw and rushes the creatures as they tried to run.

Scipio watches the occasion with a placid expression.

One of the creatures attempts to flank him from the left, but he stabs the sword through a slot in the armor. Black blood oozes from the armor as he sees that it didn't seem to be impaired by it. "I said get out of my camp." He says to the creature before flipping it with his sword onto the fire pit.

The charcoal was still very hot, he judged by the screams of the demon.

Back