Blood Dragon

A roar of pain filled the air as one creature managed to get on Blood's back and drive a blade between her scales. She tosses the creature off then proceeded in eating the problem.

It wasn't long before the only creature left was the one that had been cooked. Blood stood panting a little in dragon form. Her eyes now on him, watching him, baring her teeth slightly. The dragon was less trusting and more hateful than Dagger was but the dragon had reasons for it.

Scipio turns his gaze from the cooking beast to the glare of the dragon. "I don't think an explanation is important anymore." He states, and covers his nose from the acidic smell of the armor that started to melt from the flesh of the monster.

"Hm... that is peculiar." He says, looking at the armor and body lose shape until it becomes an indistinguishable muck.

Blood snorts and shakes her large head. "Shadow demons. Lower kind but still a pest." She grumbled. Moving her head slightly she licked at the wound on her back. The sword still stuck in place.

Scipio raises an eyebrow. "Demons and dragons, not what I expected when I woke up." He says, and looks at the sword stuck in Bloods back.

"You can't seem to catch a break, eh? I take it you are the 'other half' Dagger refers to, or have I lost my mind even more?" Scipio says seeing the dragon pick at the wound.

Blood snorts again at the male. "Not many expect what is right before them." She growls, still focused on the sword that she couldn't reached.

When he spoke of not getting a break, she snaps her jaws with a harsh sound. "Your kind is part of that problem human. Dagger tries to trust and each time something happens. " She growls. "Your mind is fully intact human. For now."

Scipio keeps away from Blood out of common sense. "Would you like help? You will have a difficult time getting it out on your own." Scipio said as if he were reading from a script from the earlier event with the claw. "As long as you don't, I don't know, devour me afterwards, of course." He adds with a glance at the teeth.

Blood looked to the human carefully, regarding him with her dark eyes. Her nostrils flare for a moment. Then she nods her head carefully.

"I do not like owing anyone especially a human but this will be the second time you have assisted me. I will not eat you. "

Moving carefully, she laid her large body down so that it would be easier for Scipio to get onto her back.

Her eyes flicker a little. "As soon as the blade is pulled free, we will need to leave this place. More will come. I can fly us some where safe and then I will give control back to Dagger, she is very weak right now and will likely be unconscious. It is normal after a shift but she hasn't has time to recover from the last one.

Scipio carefully got onto her back, "I won't pretend to understand what you just told me, but I am in favor of staying out of trouble." He says as he grips the handle of the blade.

He pulls the blade free from her back, and uses a Hessian blanket to slow the bleeding as much as possible.

"You do not owe me anything. That is not how I do favors." He says as he steps down from the back of the dragon.

Blood grimaces as the blade was pulled free. Pain rolling through her but she didn't move and didn't show signs of the distress. Shaking her body a little she looks to him. "At the moment all that needs to be understood is that it's not safe here. More will come. Collect your things. What is your destination and I shall get you there." She says watching him carefully.

Scipio gathers his blankets and pulls his sword from the firepit, sheathing it in its scabbard.

"Odd that you have me decide that. Well, about 27 miles to the northwest there is a village that is crammed with people. I know some people that specialize in... concealing the hunted." He says as he places the fermented berries in his knapsack.

"The other villages will be crawling with money-hungry bounty hunters. Since the economy crashed in the kingdom a year ago, there are seldom few villages with any pride intact." He explains, walking close to Blood and stopping a foot away from her.

Blood nods. "As I said. I owe you. " She shakes her body once more then nods to him. "I will carry your items in my talons but you will need to ride on my back, just sit further towards my head away from the wound. " She said as she lowered her body once more for him to get on. There was pain in her eyes, the only sign that she was in any. The dragon was prideful and disgruntle always but she would help the human.

Scipio shakes his head and sighs as he climbs carefully on her back.

"This will help you more than it will help me. These people will defend you for as long as you need." He says, setting the blankets and sword next to the dragons talons, but keeping the berries with him.

"They have cellars to hide in if it gets especially tense, though I am not sure how well that would ward off demons." He adds.

Moving carefully she rose to her full height once he was settled. Moving her wings, she lifted herself off the ground enough that she could grab up his gear.

"I only need time to heal and Dagger will need it as well. Once healed we will be on our way. The demons and others hunters will in hopes take longer to track us."

Leaping into the sky, she began to head in the direction in which he had spoken of. She flew low to keep them hidden, using the cloud cover when possible. It wouldn't be long before they arrived. She grew weaker by the moment. Demon blades were always harder on her and took longer to heal as well.

Scipio climbed off her back, and took his equipment.

Slinging the blankets over his shoulder and carrying the sword, he turned to Blood.

"Follow very close to me." He says before walking towards a small inn, barely noticeable except by the faded sign. The inn was nearly empty except the bartender and a couple people dining.

Blood found herself hesitating slightly as she eyes the area carefully. Flaring her nostrils as she takes in the scents. Then moving carefully, she followed after Scipio quietly.

Scipio walks through the inn until they came to the back door. He opens the door carefully, and the room is pitch black.

"What is the occasion, Si?" He hears a raspy voice ask, and a lantern is lit within the room. The mans face was weathered, and bulky glasses sat on his nose.

"Bounty Hunters." Scipio says in a quiet voice, stepping inside the room.

"Who is this... interesting lady?" The man asks looking at Blood with an arched brow.

It was almost impossible for Blood to walk into the inn in her dragon form. With a huff, she had no choice but to change back to her human for.

Carefully she returned to her human form but didn't allow Dagger control yet, knowing that they were both on verge of collapse.

Her eyes flicker slightly and she looks to the male that sat within the room carefully and with guarded eyes.

Scipio sits beside Blood, "This is Veronica. She is being hunted for stealing bread." Scipio says, looking the man in the eyes.

The man laughs, understanding that he was implying it was best not talked about. "The guards are getting strict on that lately I hear."

Scipio nods, "We have been travelling a while, and would like a safe room to rest our heads." He states at a casual voice, faking an outsiders accent.

The man nods, "Of course." He replies, leading them to the cellar. Before them was a thick wooden door braced with steel bars and a keyed entry, a spot reserved for those escaping cutthroats and authority.

Blood was watching carefully as they moved through the building as they head towards the large doors. It was impressive how this place was set up.

It was very interesting for a place but she ignores it and kept focused. Still she took in every detail about it.

The man unlocks the room with a key, and opens it for them. It was like a small inn room, with two beds and a table. Scipio nods to the man, and walks through the door. "Here, your new sanctuary." Scipio says as he lays his equipment down.

Back