Blood Dragon

Dagger had indeed followed after him. She kept herself focused and nods to him
"That should be all. I can hunt meat for us. Less to carry that way."

Her eyes flicker and she looks around a little. "Humans are so fascinating. " Then she looks to him. "We need to get going. It's not safe any longer here."

The lady behind the stand looked at them in confusion, but Scipio walked away.

"Alright, we are heading south." He says, walking through the village more briskly than before.

"We should make haste, the sooner into the woods the better." He says in almost a whisper.

She nods to him and follows closely at his side. As they entered the woods she relaxed a little but not a lot. Once they were further away, she would start to relax some. That feeling not going away.

"Keep alert....something isn't right. " She mutters.

Scipio agreed, although it never felt right. He takes a thin hessian blanket he kept rolled up on his back, and covers her with it. He ties the top ends loosely around her neck like a cloak.

"You need to keep warm." He says, and continues walking.

She blinks a bit as he placed the blanket about her. Keeping warm hadn't been on her mind and it probably she had been. The wound was healing but she was still at risk.

Nodding to him. "Thank you. " She says and follows after him.

He walks along the woods silently, and his expression changed from determined to casual.

"So... what is your story, fair Maiden?" He asks, turning his focus to her. He was just as curious of her, he wanted to know what caused her to be a vagabond.

She should have expected the question and only thought it fair to answer it. "My kind is rare these days. Much like humans we began to turn on one another. My own mate tried to chain me and sell me to the king." Her eyes flicker slightly. "I escaped and killed him for his betrayal. Took me five years to escape. The king had demons who gladly helped him with keeping me contained. I ate the king. Hence why they are all mad at me. The son is now king. I believe they told everyone that the old king died in his sleep."

She shrugs a little. "I watched in those five years the decay of that land under his rule."

Scipio nods in understanding. It was certainly more dramatic than his story, but he now understood why she was hunted.

"You are part dragon, if I remember correctly? What does that mean exactly." He asks in a quieter voice.

She looks to him. "You saw Blood. " She smiles a little. " to put it simply I have another soul that lives within me. I can turn into a full fire breathing dragon or be in my human for as I am now. There is very fee of us left and we mostly stay away from humans at all cost." She shrugs a bit.

"That is interesting." He says, almost completely nonchalant.

They pass a creek within the forest, and the water flows quickly along the stream. Scipio smiles when he sees the creek, he loved the site of them.

"You really do have beautiful hair." He adds, turning his faint smile towards her.

She blinks a bit and nods softly. "Thank you." She wasn't uses to compliments.

She looks to the creek and smiles softly. "The land in this area is still rich with life." She murmurs and nods. "It's good to see such a sight."

Scipio looks at the creek as well.

"Is your land desolate?" He asks, imagining a land where dragons reign. Perhaps a flee to the mountains would be wiser... but he didn't question her.

She manages a smile and shakes her head. "Our lands are rich and thick with growth. We have become cruel to one another but the land. We will never destroy the land. It's too important to us." She shrugs a bit.

"That sounds like a nice place... too bad creatures never get along."

Scipio notices her smile, "That is a first, I believe." He says and pats her on the back gently.

She shrugs a little and smiles faintly. "It's almost impossible to get them to get along anymore...maybe some day they will. Not sure what it would take to get them to agree again but then again one would need to know the cause of the arguing to fix it."

Scipio chuckles at that, "Same issue with the humans."

He looks around him, but the scenery hasn't changed much. He adjusts the sword scabbard to a more comfortable position.

Her eyes flicker a bit and she looks around a bit. Everything seemed okay but she was still uneasy.

"Unfortunately you are right about that. Doesn't seem to matter what we are, we all are the same in some way." She says.

Scipio keeps walking forward, it seemed like an hour so far. He looked to see if Dagger was tired from the walking.

"The path is a bit rough, isn't it?" He says as he notices her clutching the blanket more tightly around herself.

Dagger nods a bit. It was hard to let go of pride and to admit when it was time to rest but she sighs and looks to the sky a moment. " This path is a bit rough. A rest wouldn't be out of the question. " She admits.

Scipio agrees with her in his mind, but he sees they still have some daylight remaining.

"Here... how about a compromise, I carry you for the next half mile before we rest." He suggests instead. He could walk for another hour at most.

Back