Blood Handy

Something started to feel wrong... Red didn't want to risk getting hurt, but he still couldn't bring himself to leave those steps. The most he did is stand up and face the door, almost as if he were anticipating someone coming out of the house.

Cindy blinks a bit but it was something in his tone though that hinted at what or well who it could be. "No. I think I can handle this one." She says as she goes to the front door and opens it. Sure enough it was the younger demon from before. She smiles. "Couldn't stay away?"

Ghirahim stood and followed. He glared, peering over her at him. "He should have. . .Honestly, why have you returned? Can't you see y- . . ." He paused. Respect. The word flashed in his mind. Damn. I /did/ say I'd show him respect. . . .Curse my tongue. ". . . . .Are you hungry?" he asked, squinting his eyes a little and mumbling. "There's food inside."

"To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what drew me back. I guess I couldn't stay away, like you said." He went silent as he thought for a minute, then looked back up to Cindy. "May I come inside? It just feels safer than standing out here in the open." He ended up looking at Ghirahim for a second, still not trusting him entirely. Especially after what he was just about to say.

Cindy was about to elbow the older demon to remind him of his promise but he corrected himself on his own. She nods softly to Red. "You can come in."

Then she tenses as she looks behind the young demon to see the shadows move. She grabs Red's arm suddenly and pulled him sharply inside. As she pulled him in, she pulled a glock 45 from her beneath her shirt. She fired two rounds in quick succession that landed one in the chest and a second in the head of a vampire. The thing fell to the ground and withered in pain from the silver shots.

Ghirahim jumped from the sudden loud booms and covered his ears. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" he screamed, looking at her weapon with a glare. He hated being scared and felt ridiculous for jumping. "More importantly what the hell is that thing?!" He looked out past her. "Is that one of the vampire you spoke of?"

Red was startled when she pulled him in, but it didn't take him long with the gunfire to figure out why she had done so. He stared in shock at the vampire on the ground, and instinctively backed away from the human a little. "Seems like it... you did say they try to get in sometimes. I didn't think it could go that far, though..."

She glanced at the other two before shutting the door. She checks her gun as she slips out the mag then reloads it. "Its a gun. It houses specially chambered holy silver bullets. Puts down most creatures. For a few minutes at least."

"They are always trying to get in. Because I don't have neighbors out here and live alone they keep trying to get me when my guard is down. It's a prime spot for them but also one of them said something about my blood but they are vampires." She shrugs and puts the gun back in the holster under her shirt.

Ghirahim sighed in annoyance. "Honestly, how annoying. I'm already sick of this place." He suddenly leaned down close to her with a smirk. "We should move this dinner into my mansion. It's much better than being surrounded by these things all the time. You'll have no need for that stupid gun~"

The younger demon seemed a little unnerved just from the incident, but the way the older demon moved close to the human only made it worse. He knew the other demon probably trusted Red just as much as he trusted the other, but trying to pull something like this almost made him feel like he was something to fear. The exact opposite of what he wanted to be.

Cindy had arched a brow at the older demon. "But I like my gun." She smiles then shakes her head. "This is my home. You may be sick of it but this is home to me." She gazed back at him. She didn't like him being so close but she didn't back up either.

He sighed once more and then backed off. "Fine. If you enjoy being surrounded by bloodsuckers all the time and endangering your guests. I don't see the respect in that but if you insist. . ."

Red felt his eyes narrow a little at the other demon's comment, mumbling a little under his breath. "You think she had meant to live in a place with human-devourers all over the place?" Some part of him felt almost gross saying that, since he was technically a human-devourer himself. But he ignored it kept his mouth shut after that.

She arches a brow. "Did I not just prove that I can ensure the safety of my guests? And last I check I thought he were a demon Lord not in need of such protection from a human?" She retorted back.

"Hmmm, no." He looked down at her. "You proved you can protect yourself. If I hadn't informed you of /his/ presence, " he gestured towards Red. "then he most certainly would have been killed and you would only find his body on your porch in the morning. . ." A smirk crept on. "Who knows? Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut."

Red found his arms crossed as he listened to the other demon, feeling more and more rage build inside of him. He remained silent, however, walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. If he said a word, it'd probably just give the other demon more incentive to get rid of him. He couldn't afford that, not now, not ever.

Cindy flinched slightly at his words as she realized he was right. If he ad not alerted her to the young one being there...she didn't want to think of what could have happened.

She looks around at her home. It was the one she had grown up in. The vampires had always been a problem, was she just so used to them that she didn' take the threat serious enough? She wasn' sure anymore.

She shakes her head a bit at the older demon. "I'm sorry." What more could she say. She shakes her head again and moves to the kitchen.

Ghirahim sighed. He was growing rather bored and frustrated, but he could handle it. Patience. He told himself. He followed her. "It's fine, I apologize too. I'm just rather. . . . . . .fed up. It's been a long time since I've actually spoken to someone for so long . . ."

He brought his feet to the very edge of the cushions, wanting to pull his knees to his chest but at the same time not wanting to get Cindy's couch dirty with his shoes. So he settled for having his feet on the edge of the cushions, his knees somewhere above them, and his arms looped around the knees.

Now that he thought about it, maybe the other demon was trying to make himself look so good compared to Red because he thought of the younger demon as something to fear? No, that was ridiculous. Ghirahim acted way too conceited for that idea to be the truth. Maybe he just wanted the human's attention all to himself, without having to deal with a little 'bother' like him. Yeah, that sounded more reasonable.

She paused in the kitchen and looks to Ghirahim. "I haven't had anyone here in my father's home since his passing..." She shakes her head and looks down before looking back at him. "I am sorry. I haven' been a proper host. " she runs her fingers through her hair as she pulls the braid free.

She sighs. "Let me shower and if you want we can go to your mansion."

Back