Blue Exorcist (Fanfiction Realm)

The fox hummed softly to herself as she ate slowly and quietly. There was much to be thought about and even more to be done. Sighing she stood and headed out into the garden. She needed some time to herself. The moon hung lazily in the eastern sky telling her it was still early in the night. The house was alive with voices and footsteps. Closing her eyes she laid back on the porch, "As the day draws to an end the night breaths and spreads its wings about the world."

Racina finished eating, letting Alora's words sink in and thought carefully about everything. Her mind kept going back to her previous answer. She couldn't see any other way to do what they needed to do.

Her brother would be mad at her, she knew that but she didn't intentionally aim to piss him off.

She watches Alora leave the room, wondering quietly. Once she was done with her own food, she moved to stand up. The idea of laying down and resting for a bit seemed like a good idea.

Mitzo had stayed in his room and slowly drifted off to sleep.

The fox found herself drifting off to sleep under the sweeping branches of one of the many willows that grew in the courtyard garden. The cool night breeze was nice against her skin.

Mitzo had woken up a little later and made his way outside to get some fresh air.

As he walked around he found Alora and blinks a bit. He watches her a moment, wondering if the fox would be the death of this sister.

Alora's ears were splayed to the sides as she slept. Then contorted expression told of a woman plagued by nightmares ass did the gentle whine that escaped her. After a moment her eyes flashed open focusing on the human male nearby.

He blinks again. He hasn't thought her someone to have such nightmares. It surprised him.

When she opened her eyes and looked to him, he knew he should leave, should walk away but instead, he found himself taking a step toward her. Then he stops, his words stumbling before he sighs and gives up on trying to talk.

Arching a brow the demon stared at the male before her, "What?" She asked sharply, "You assume demons don't have things that keep them awake at night?"

He gazed at her slightly ashamed of himself. Signing he shakes his head. "No...I Just didn't think you to fear anything." He said honestly.

He rubs the back of his head then sighs and adds. "I'm sorry for earlier at dinner. When it comes to my sister I worry about her. " He shrugs slightly. He was clearly horrible at apologizing.

Racina woken from her sleep suddenly. She blinks a little and looks around her room. Sitting up carefully as she pushed her hair from her eyes. Nothing seemed out of place but something had clearly woken her up.

Moving carefully she moved to stand up from her bed and inspected the room carefully. Still nothing was out of place.

Shaking her head she moved back to the bed, thinking she was imagining things.

"There are things that every being fears. Even that which shows no fear," Slipping down from the tree she moved over to him, "You have your fears that you call worries. Racina is as strong as she desires to be just like yourself."

Mitzo sighs and shakes his head. "I've never seen her back away from anything. I've already lost one sister, I do not wish to lose another. I know she is strong and can do more than I realize but it still bothers me." He shrugs a little then regards Alora a little. "Do you think she can survive it?" He wanted an honest answer and felt she would give him one.

Racina had laid back down and was curled up beneath her blankets. She had just started to fall back asleep when she felt a cold breeze move through the room. She sat up quickly and looked around. Once more nothing was there and there was no signs of anything out of place.

Maybe everything was just getting to her. Pushing it aside, she laid back down and closed her eyes. Rest. She needed to rest.

The kitsune stared at the human before her, "Yes she can survive. She could even become my master if she placed her will upon me as she willingly as she holds her hand out and helps a stranger," Her eyes softened, "A heart that is pure will often influence all around them. And you sister has a heart that I would call golden. But before all of this she must rid herself of all fears. For fear will bring out my worst side possible and I will kill her."

Mitzo nodded at the answer given. He appreciated the honesty more than anything. It made him wonder though if his sister could let go of her fear. She didn't fear death, she just feared being the cause of someone else's.

He remembered how she had been after their sister had died. It had not been a good time for any of them but Racina had blamed herself for the death and the death of her familiar.

This was the first time he had seen his sister so passionate about something and it all had to do with Alora. "I hope she does what she needs to do then."

Racina had woken again but this time, she actually saw movement. Right outside her door a figure was creeping along the wall area, their shadow casting into her room.

Moving silently to her feet, she followed cautiously from her room as the figure went around the corner. It was the weapon they held that made her follow even more.

For now she just followed but soon she heard the voices of her brother and Alora and realized the intended target.

Increasing her speed to catch up to the figure as she saw them raise their weapon from the shadows they his in. She didn't hesitate as she tackled the figure to the ground ,knocking them both into view of her brother and Alora.

She managed to wrestle the weapon away but couldn't keep the large form pinned as she was thrown off like a doll. She grimaced and moved to stand. The figure stood as well and it was clear to see that the being was not human but had the training of any hard assassin.

The kitsune's ears swiveled away from the man before her and to the farthest entrance to the garden. What drew her attention hadn't arrived yet but when it did. She was over there in a flash of movement. Her nine tails fanned out behind her as she let loose a growl that would have made the marrow in a lesser man's bones cold, "What have we here?"

Fire formed around Racina healing any wounds she might have gained from trying to protect the fox and her brother. Leaning down the fox glared at the would be assassin, "It would seem that there are many things to be dealt with."

Mitzo tensed as he noticed Alora suddenly looking to the entrance. His eyes widen as he saw Racina suddenly and what could only be described as a hell assassin.

Racina relaxed slightly as she felt the healing of the flames. The aches she had felt already from being thrown fading away. She nods in appreciation to Alora but she didn't take her eyes from the assassin who had gotten back to their feet as well.

"Might as well kill me fox. I will not say more." He smirked coldly then blinks when he saw that Racina was holding his weapon.

She hands the weapon to Alora. "He was carrying this." It was an elegant dagger with ancient markings along it's blade and a dark metal twisted into the hilt with silver mixed in.

Those golden eyes narrowed on the male sharply, "I don't make it a habit of killing those that try to kill me. After all there is always a reason and a way of making you tell me what I seek to know," Her eyes slipped to the silver dagger, "I suppose you have a nasty burn from handling this. After all ayakashi can't handle holy weapons so easily."

The demon smirked but it was more a baring of teeth as he looked to them. His hand was indeed burned by the weapon but still he didn't speak.

Mitzo narrows his eyes. "He was send here to kill you but to make it look like one of us did it. The chaos that would bring would keep the focus off of what is truly going on."

The demon tensed slightly and glared at Mitzo who only nodded. "Thought so . "

Racina held the blade in her hand calmly before moving it so the blade ran along her arm with the hilt held steady. "This isn't just any holy weapon. It was my sister's. Lost in the fight long ago so it being here would make the claim of us killing you all the more believable. " she says calmly.

The fox frowned a bit as she stared at the demon before her, "So tell me who decided to try and kill me?" She leaned in then to the demon, "Tell me or suffer as you have never have before and never will again."

The male smirked coldly back at Alora. "You know his name . You've always known. " He taunted. Then sudden a flash of blinding light surrounded the demon before he lunged forward at Racina.

It was reflex that had her responding as she drove the blade she held into his chest. From the weight of him, she fell to the ground. After a moment he busted into flames and disappeared from sight .

Racina blinks slightly from where she lay on the ground still holding the blade firmly in her grasp. She looks to Alora as she moves to stand . "I'm sorry...."

Mitzo stared at his sister and the blade. The thing closed as it always did when it had made a kill but the color was different than what he remembered.

He shakes his head and looks to Racina Then to Alora. "Now what?"

The female's ears splayed slightly as she glanced to the two humans. She didn't even move as the demon attacked Racina. In fact once the demon was gone she didn't answer the human male for a moment or two, "Lucifer? He wouldn't want me dead so soon."

Her tails flicked about slightly as she was clearly deep in thought. A few guards came running into the area. She quickly dismissed them as she moved with a purpose towards the two humans now in her unemotional sights. Her growl that came from her was meant to scare the crap out of the pair and even go as far as to make them believe she will attack them. Her hands slammed against their chests as she grabbed their shirts and hauled them so they were nearly face to face with her, "Your blood is getting rather annoying, humans," She dropped them to the floor, "You will tell me your secrets. Becoming my host means I will find out the easy way or the hard way. If you don't understand now then you will never understand. A secret can kill us both. It is secrets kept from host or possessor that lead to the downfall and destruction of the host."

Racina tensed as Alora came towards her with that growl. She found herself dropping the blade as Alora picked her and her brother up. She didn't want to hurt Alora. Secrets, what was she talking About? She had told the female everything she thought .

Mitzo was so calm and tried to back away but as soon as Alora had a hold of him, he stopped fighting.

It was when they were both dropped that he finally began to speak. "Its not Racina fault.." he said slowly moving back to his feet.

Racina stares at her brother . "What are you talking about?" She said as she stared at him.

He took a deep breath then begins. "The night we lost our sister, Racina was badly injured. She doesn't remember any of this because she was out for more than a week . That blade belonged to our sister and was thought to have been lost in the fight ."

He takes a breath. "The only way to save Racina was with the help of a demon." He admits finally.

Racina was staring at her brother is disbelief.

" It is possible that whoever wants you dead wasn't truly aiming for your death but more so wanting to create even more tension between hunters and demons. "

Back