Status
Not open for further replies.
Dd-mfhZUQAATXqd

The ruins are on charred land that shows no sign of ever growing vegetation again. The old framework of what must have been a house is all that remains, surrounded by three large metal objects that look like decayed machines. What they were used for, you don't know. But it couldn't have been very pretty.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @North
Well... that's really unnerving. It was easy to tell that those machines weren't exactly a good thing, and hopefully they stay that way for now. Other than that, Ellie didn't really see much else to take away from these ruins.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Yun Lee @Jeremi
@North
-----​
Enu would find some fish and frogs swimming around in the water, but they looked fairly tame. There were also a few aquatic bushes nearby that seemed pretty dormant.

How bushes could grow in water is anyone's guess. But hey, considering this place had slime beasts, it's not too far-fetched, right?

@York @Ver @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Raynar Saassin @/West
The reception was lukewarm at best, but that was more than likely a good thing in this situation. Asher shrugged at Guy's inquiry as if he had anywhere else to go.

"Aye," he said, boarding the raft after Guy, "careful now, this isn't a very big vessel. No need to be funny."

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York @WestArea
5a35fc8be3eaec3aebacd1d43bf7629c.png

"Well, I suppose you can tell us your troubles once we get to the village, friend. We have a quest to finish!" Shovel Knight remarked to Clark with a friendly gesture, mentally taking heed in Kokkoro's warning. The veteran knight had dealt with brash, reckless adventurers and those with short tempers quite often, and something about the scarred boy screamed a silent, yet violent rage. Nonetheless, Shovel Knight's spirited mojo quickly returned to him once Asher made his entrance.

"Well met, Asher! I'm Shovel Knight. I agree with the raft idea - I've had bad experiences with large bodies of water." Shovel Knight advised, waddling after Guy and boarding the raft with him. Surprisingly, the armor he was wearing wasn't nearly as heavy as it full-plate armor should be, which might explain the crazy jumps and feats of speed the shovelrous warrior accomplished just a few minutes ago.

e44410ba3d966288fcfc352cafb6140b.png

"Let us move with haste, friends! The sun won't be waiting for us." the knight hopped and rallied the rest of the group to the raft, not before turning to Magda and giving a knightly bow. "And thank you for your help, madam. We wish you good luck with your flowers!"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York @/West
tumblr_p893wjFiqL1xp4ruao5_100.png

❝ Wow... I've never been on a raft before! This is so cool! ❞ Nadeshiko sounded excited to be on a simple raft. It wasn't like she got to do this every day back home. Noticing that there was various fish and frogs in the water, she reached into the water as if she tried to touch them, but pouted a bit as they obviously swam away in response.

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York
@/West

Dell merely continued smoking as Teruteru boasted about his prowess in the kitchen...and other places, apparently. When asked about himself, though, he took the pipe out of his mouth. "Cuz my systems get jammed. I'm not one of the fancier models, so I didn't get upgraded like everyone else to eat and drink." Dell said this casually, walking along before he realized what he'd just said. Looking over his shoulder, he added, "Short answer? I'm a robot. Well, android, technically, but yeah."

@Atomic Knight @Siege @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South​

"Huh... an android huh? I think I ran into one or two of them." Shallot said.

@Yun Lee

As Peter paraglided to the other side, he raised a skeptical eyebrow at Darius coming this way. Wouldn't his heavy armor make it hard for him to do the climbing needed across the left ledge? Maybe he had misjudged him or maybe, he was right. He was thankful that at least someone cared about him,

@Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Takumi @Yun Lee @Yun Lee @Minerva @Siege @East

Akuma was basically following everyone else, but he was going about traveling in his own way of course. He could handle things on his own.

@Yun Lee @East

Nadeshiko would actually be able to catch a frog if she was quick enough!

latest

Neat!

Though what wasn't neat was a sudden crash as the group began to load up onto the raft. A medium-sized boulder crashed into the cliffside behind them all, narrowly missing the raft's sail. If one were to look around, they couldn't see any cause of it.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Crow @Raynar Saassin @/West​

Dd-mfhZUQAATXqd

The ruins are on charred land that shows no sign of ever growing vegetation again. The old framework of what must have been a house is all that remains, surrounded by three large metal objects that look like decayed machines. What they were used for, you don't know. But it couldn't have been very pretty.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @North

---

"Dell Honne here. I'm your guide to Kakariko Village." He took a pause to smoke his pipe. "If you're a chef, you'll like where we're headed. Pumpkin Stew is a specialty up there...I wouldn't know, though."

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Siege @Takumi @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South

The Drifter's approach remained cautious and alert, as he kept his sword gripped tightly in one hand and shuffled down the hill to behold the ruins. The landscape was dotted with crumbling stone structures of antiquity disturbed by the ruins of mighty machines. The Drifter was the first one to observe the decaying machinations up close, and for what seemed like forever, he would do exactly that, slowly sheathing his broadsword and trekking directly through the ruins. His head turned left and right to observe the metal objects, as if he was in an art exhibit.

The truth is, he's home. This is what home looks like.

The Drifter closed his eyes, and imagined it once more.

102985.gif

An ancient landscape, abandoned by any semblance of goodness or God. There may have been a time when a great, mighty and fair society gripped the land in their clutches and bequeathed a wellspring of raw innovation unto it's hollow pores. Advanced technology acted as the string that bound the idea of order into one, singular form. But there is such a thing as over indulgence, coupled with the uncontrollable winds of fate, that turns great empires to ash, and men to animals.

All that remains in the end are ruins much like this. Echoes of what could've been a hopeful future for an entire race of people, now haunting the few drifting souls that stumble through their empty corridors. Grim reminders of why the strugglers of the present must suffer and bleed for the sins of the past.

The Drifter was caught in a strange catharsis, suddenly leaning against a nearby pillar and letting the sword in his hand clatter against the ground. One hand was raised to his head, clutching his helmet as another wave of headaches returned. The other rested upon one of the decayed machines, feeling it's grooves.

In his trance of home, he saw it.

He saw something.

A person? A girl.

All this technology...it's so sad they had to bury all of it.

Back home, I come from a place with so much of it!

So much of what?

We have flying cars, and oKkKzzzzzzt that can do all sorts of things...

All sorts of things? Can you hear me? Who are you?

I think there is even healing tech to cure you of that cough of yours!

Please. I'm so tired. I just want to rest.

You can sit down up ahead. I'd love to tell you all about kkkZZZTzz. Then, maybe...you could tell me more about you?"

. . .Yes. Yes, I. . .I think I would like that very much.

The desperate Drifter reached out a weak hand, letting the girl take it in her own. She smiled at him.

The Drifter's eyes opened, and he was back. The vagabond was still leaning against the pillar, looking around, confused and startled. Once he realized what had just transpired, his gaze was lowered to his hands. The fresh blood from earlier was still stained on them, painting his gauntlets in a bright red hue.

His fists balled.

6e7393e6d3faeb9ee754982810861253.png

The pain was almost over, for once.

@Yun Lee @Donder172 @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @North

The group that climbed were soon joined by 47, who climbed his way up.
Grievous took a closer look at the decayed machines, they seemed to be beyond functional and didn't deem them a threat.

"Name's Guy. And I suppose "lost" would be one way of saying it. Care to tag along then?" The blonde swordsman waved to Asher with two fingers, before resting his hands on his hips. As Magda pitched in to give her own two cents, Guy nodded, cupping his chin in his gloved hand.

tumblr_inline_n1wj24m_Xf01qfqvym.gif

"Mhm. Thank you! Though... Come to think of it, you're right. We do have quite a bit of children around. I do hope that we don't bump into anything much scarier than slimes if we keep going at this rate. We'd definitely best be careful, especially if a raft across this river is supposed to be our best bet across. Can never be too careful in these uncharted territories, hmm?"

"But... I suppose it can't be helped. We should get moving, then. Thank you for your assistance, Ms. Magda! I do hope your flowers live prosperously," he said, waving with his hand in a peace sign, before boarding the raft as well and inviting everyone else to follow suit, "Come on, then. All aboard! Keep close, be careful, and all that. Are we all ready to go?" He said, intending on using his sheathed sword as an improvised paddle.

@Atomic Knight @York @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @MelodyMeister @Raynar Saassin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @WestArea
"Sounds like a plan!" Without another word, Kaito slung himself over the stone railing of the walkway, hanging off by his hands. He began inching sideways, planning to move past the goblins undetected in that manner.

There were some other methods to be used, as well; one could always paraglide to the left side of the river, though that would involve a bit of strenuous climbing and jumping, as the left side's walkway had broken down over the years. There was also a pile of rocks nearby where one could feel a draft; the rocks looked as though they could easily be blown apart, but the noise might attract the goblins. Of course, you could follow Kaito's lead...if you didn't mind callouses, that is.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Otto @Minerva @Siege @East

---

Enu would find some fish and frogs swimming around in the water, but they looked fairly tame. There were also a few aquatic bushes nearby that seemed pretty dormant.

How bushes could grow in water is anyone's guess. But hey, considering this place had slime beasts, it's not too far-fetched, right?

@York @Ver @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Raynar Saassin @/West​
"No monsters? But I could have sworn..."

The male lowered the shield, realizing he had to reassess the situation. He carefully eyed the group before him and found himself liking the company. "No monsters and having you all to protect me?" he said, his tone having quickly changed from panicked to nice and smooth. He reached up and wiped his tears with his sleeve, not wanting to look unseemly now. "Looks like I really lucked out..."

koMKi99.png

"Care to tell me your names? I am Teruteru Hanamura, the Ultimate Cook, but you may call me the Ultimate Chef. Perhaps soon we can rest so I may show you exactly how far my prowess extends."

That this was a totally weird and alarming situation seemed a distant problem now. He was at odds with being referred to as 'little guy,' but Teruteru could be happy at least just not being alone.

@Takumi @Lucky @Siege @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @SouthArea

The reception was lukewarm at best, but that was more than likely a good thing in this situation. Asher shrugged at Guy's inquiry as if he had anywhere else to go.

"Aye," he said, boarding the raft after Guy, "careful now, this isn't a very big vessel. No need to be funny."

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York @WestArea
The Drifter didn't stop for anyone, especially when they bring up that. Upon clearing the rock climb and finding himself at the summit of the small pile, the Drifter looked past the crumbling stone pillars of the ruins to spot the winding dirt road stretching past the hills. By stopping, he inadvertently allowed Nia to catch up.

The vagabond turned to face the youngling when she beckoned him, staring down at her with colorless eyes past the helmet and scarf.

0bd0206104e92257c8212751891fedc0.png

". . .Don't. . .worry about it."

COUGHCOUGHCOUGH

That was a mistake. The Drifter's voice was quiet and raspy, barely audible beneath the muffling scarf he wore and the horrific condition of his throat. Each word that stumbled out of his mouth was clearly strained, or at least, they indicated that the lone wanderer doesn't talk much except when necessary.

Before Nia could dig more words out of him with her ever-so winning personality, the Drifter turned his back to her and withdrew the broadsword slung along his cloak, giving it a stylish flourish before trekking down the hill towards the ruins, caution in his steps.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Donder172 @Krieg @North

5a35fc8be3eaec3aebacd1d43bf7629c.png

"Well, I suppose you can tell us your troubles once we get to the village, friend. We have a quest to finish!" Shovel Knight remarked to Clark with a friendly gesture, mentally taking heed in Kokkoro's warning. The veteran knight had dealt with brash, reckless adventurers and those with short tempers quite often, and something about the scarred boy screamed a silent, yet violent rage. Nonetheless, Shovel Knight's spirited mojo quickly returned to him once Asher made his entrance.

"Well met, Asher! I'm Shovel Knight. I agree with the raft idea - I've had bad experiences with large bodies of water." Shovel Knight advised, waddling after Guy and boarding the raft with him. Surprisingly, the armor he was wearing wasn't nearly as heavy as it full-plate armor should be, which might explain the crazy jumps and feats of speed the shovelrous warrior accomplished just a few minutes ago.

e44410ba3d966288fcfc352cafb6140b.png

"Let us move with haste, friends! The sun won't be waiting for us." the knight hopped and rallied the rest of the group to the raft, not before turning to Magda and giving a knightly bow. "And thank you for your help, madam. We wish you good luck with your flowers!"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York @/West​
Well... that's really unnerving. It was easy to tell that those machines weren't exactly a good thing, and hopefully they stay that way for now. Other than that, Ellie didn't really see much else to take away from these ruins.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Donder172 @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Yun Lee @Jeremi
@North
-----​
tumblr_p893wjFiqL1xp4ruao5_100.png

❝ Wow... I've never been on a raft before! This is so cool! ❞ Nadeshiko sounded excited to be on a simple raft. It wasn't like she got to do this every day back home. Noticing that there was various fish and frogs in the water, she reached into the water as if she tried to touch them, but pouted a bit as they obviously swam away in response.

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @York
@/West

latest

Neat!

Though what wasn't neat was a sudden crash as the group began to load up onto the raft. A medium-sized boulder crashed into the cliffside behind them all, narrowly missing the raft's sail. If one were to look around, they couldn't see any cause of it.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Crow @Raynar Saassin @/West​
Enu
@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Crow @Raynar Saassin @GoingWest

Enu gasped in wonder at the sight below the raft... And if it wasn't for the boulder that narrowly missed their raft, he likely would have dove in to get a closer look at the strange bushes underwater.

Looking around, seeming a bit more wary, he decided instead to reach into the water to see if he could grasp at one of the underwater bushes. While a rock did come at them, they seemed relatively safe for the moment, although he did have his guard up... And didn't want to risk jumping into the water alltogether, incase the raft was in some kind of danger.

latest

Neat!

tumblr_p6qxceIlPR1uctmvwo2_100.png

❝ I... I caught a frog! Omigod it's so cute!! ❞ Nadeshiko's eyes practically sparkled in joy. She might as well be distracted enough to miss the fact that a rock almost hit their raft's sail. Maybe it was good that she practically missed that, or else she would be panicking again.

❝ Guys, what do you think I should name the little frog? I was thinking... Kerokero... or maybe uh... ❞ She was thinking on what to name the frog, which croaked every now and then.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Crow @Raynar Saassin
@/West

Teruteru snickered. "Perhaps an apple strudel with Nièr beurre filling would coax some taste buds from deep within your machinery. Then perhaps I could coax something else out of you."

Teruteru then looked at Peter. "Oh, trust me, I'm an expert on such matters."

Asher was finding the group to be disarmingly friendly, which was admirable considering he had only met them a few minutes ago now. None of them gave him a name he recognized, which he did not entirely find surprising considering he did not have the faintest clue where he was. He did find the shovel knight to have a rather interesting title, and Asher was about to ask about it when the raft nearly capsized from a falling rock. It was not clear at all where it came from.

"Bloody hell," Asher muttered. "Forget the frog, where'd the damn boulder come from?"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @York @Yun Lee @WestArea

df0eac0fc370fd7085e073a7a700eebf.png

"Madam, I don't think we have time to name your frog. It is very pretty, however!"
Shovel Knight politely (and urgently) remarked, looking in the direction from which the boulder had come from. Without any clear source of the attack, it was either a moving enemy or an abrupt earthquake. Either way, the small knight rushed to the front of the raft, withdrawing his Lynel Sword with both hands and making use of its flat head as a makeshift paddle.

Shovel Knight frantically paddled away on all sides of the raft, moving side-to-side in order to steer it through obstacles and potentially dodge incoming boulders. "Guy, your paddle-sword technique would help right now!"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @York @Yun Lee @WestArea​

tumblr_inline_nsrwtov_XDC1t7b7xk_100.png

"Oh, how neat, Nadeshiko. I bet we'd be able to make a nice stew out of--" Guy began to say to the pink-haired girl, before stopping in mid-sentence once he noticed the boulder crash behind them. Perhaps it was a good thing that he didn't continue talking either way, since it seemed that the so-called camper-in-training seemed rather fond of the little guy. Enough to want to name him, no less.

"?!"

Guy attempted to look around, but alas, there was little telling where the boulder had come from, as Asher later inquired. "Well, unless natural erosion comes strong in this land, someone or something had to have pushed it off on purpose," he hazarded to guess. He didn't want to let the relatively light mood of the raft be dampened so quickly, but in an unfamiliar environment such as this, he and the others ought to be prepared for anything. In any case...

"Never fear, ser knight. I'm on it!" He said, paddling harder with his sheathed blade. When it rained, it poured, and Guy didn't exactly care to stick around to see if there were gonna be more boulders incoming. "Hold on, everyone!"

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Josh @York @MelodyMeister @WestArea

Grievous would find an odd screw in one of the machines.

Ancient_Screw.png

Maybe the other two had other offerings?

@Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @North

---

"I'll pass." That was all Dell said to Teruteru, the edge in his voice making it clear he was not interested. He lightened up a few seconds later. "I'm not actually human," he explained to Silque. "Think of me as a...metal puppet. A highly advanced metal puppet that can move and act on my own."

As he readied to say more, he was interrupted as across the bridge, a woman's voice could be heard.

"Help! Somebody help me! Please!"

Dell rolled his eyes. "Oh, great. Just what we needed..."

@Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Minerva @Hahli Nuva @South

---

Enu would grab for the bush, feeling something slippery and smooth underneath. Pulling it up, he would find an unusual octopus-like creature looking up at him.

152px-BotW_Water_Octorok_Model.png

Another one close by popped up into the air and shot a boulder straight at the crew on the raft, Nadeshiko in particular, before vanishing back into the water.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @/West

---

Though grueling, the group managed to avoid the goblims, and make it safely around them. Kaito pulled himself back up, brushing his hands off on his pants.

"All right! Looks like we're almost there-check it out!" He pointed ahead, where, sure enough, land and a road awaited them. Wouldn't be too long now, it seemed.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Lucky @Otto @Minerva @Siege @Crow @East​

Ancient_Screw.png

@Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Gummi Bunnies @North

---

"I'll pass." That was all Dell said to Teruteru, the edge in his voice making it clear he was not interested. He lightened up a few seconds later. "I'm not actually human," he explained to Silque. "Think of me as a...metal puppet. A highly advanced metal puppet that can move and act on my own."

As he readied to say more, he was interrupted as across the bridge, a woman's voice could be heard.

---

Enu would grab for the bush, feeling something slippery and smooth underneath. Pulling it up, he would find an unusual octopus-like creature looking up at him.

Another one close by popped up into the air and shot a boulder straight at the crew on the raft, Nadeshiko in particular, before vanishing back into the water.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @/West

---

Though grueling, the group managed to avoid the goblims, and make it safely around them. Kaito pulled himself back up, brushing his hands off on his pants.

"All right! Looks like we're almost there-check it out!" He pointed ahead, where, sure enough, land and a road awaited them. Wouldn't be too long now, it seemed.

"WATCH OUT!"

7425c443b2ae4419dfda057b6793bcb7.png

Shovel Knight yelled, spotting the creature from the corner of his helmet and seeing the large boulder come soaring towards Nadeshiko. Since the girl was preoccupied with the frog, the knight jumped forward and swung the mighty Lynel sword in a wide arc, letting it's flat surface crash against the boulder, sending it soaring back into the depths. Shovel Knight nearly slipped off the raft himself, gripping on to it's wooden surface with one hand and letting his feet skid along the rushing waters. The small knight heaved himself back up and brandished the blade, standing before Nadeshiko.

"Steel thyselves, friends!"

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @/West​

Asher was finding the group to be disarmingly friendly, which was admirable considering he had only met them a few minutes ago now. None of them gave him a name he recognized, which he did not entirely find surprising considering he did not have the faintest clue where he was. He did find the shovel knight to have a rather interesting title, and Asher was about to ask about it when the raft nearly capsized from a falling rock. It was not clear at all where it came from.

"Bloody hell," Asher muttered. "Forget the frog, where'd the damn boulder come from?"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @York @Yun Lee @WestArea

"Madam, I don't think we have time to name your frog. It is very pretty, however!"
Shovel Knight politely (and urgently) remarked, looking in the direction from which the boulder had come from. Without any clear source of the attack, it was either a moving enemy or an abrupt earthquake. Either way, the small knight rushed to the front of the raft, withdrawing his Lynel Sword with both hands and making use of its flat head as a makeshift paddle.

Shovel Knight frantically paddled away on all sides of the raft, moving side-to-side in order to steer it through obstacles and potentially dodge incoming boulders. "Guy, your paddle-sword technique would help right now!"

@Crow @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Ver @Josh @MelodyMeister @York @Yun Lee @WestArea​

"Oh, how neat, Nadeshiko. I bet we'd be able to make a nice stew out of--" Guy began to say to the pink-haired girl, before stopping in mid-sentence once he noticed the boulder crash behind them. Perhaps it was a good thing that he didn't continue talking either way, since it seemed that the so-called camper-in-training seemed rather fond of the little guy. Enough to want to name him, no less.

"?!"

Guy attempted to look around, but alas, there was little telling where the boulder had come from, as Asher later inquired. "Well, unless natural erosion comes strong in this land, someone or something had to have pushed it off on purpose," he hazarded to guess. He didn't want to let the relatively light mood of the raft be dampened so quickly, but in an unfamiliar environment such as this, he and the others ought to be prepared for anything. In any case...

"Never fear, ser knight. I'm on it!" He said, paddling harder with his sheathed blade. When it rained, it poured, and Guy didn't exactly care to stick around to see if there were gonna be more boulders incoming. "Hold on, everyone!"

@Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Josh @York @MelodyMeister @WestArea

"WATCH OUT!"

Shovel Knight yelled, spotting the creature from the corner of his helmet and seeing the large boulder come soaring towards Nadeshiko. Since the girl was preoccupied with the frog, the knight jumped forward and swung the mighty Lynel sword in a wide arc, letting it's flat surface crash against the boulder, sending it soaring back into the depths. Shovel Knight nearly slipped off the raft himself, gripping on to it's wooden surface with one hand and letting his feet skid along the rushing waters. The small knight heaved himself back up and brandished the blade, standing before Nadeshiko.

@York @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @/West​
tumblr_p71epuoLpu1whalq7o3_100.png

❝ Huh? Boulder? Where? ❞ Nadeshiko tilted her head in confusion. She was oblivious to the fact that another boulder was headed in her direction, and because of some weird octopus thing too. Her attention soon took notice of what was happening once Shovel Knight defended her from the next boulder.

❝ AAHH!! Why is it doing that? Octopus don't do that at all! ❞ She shrieked at the fact that she was almost hit by a boulder, hugging Kerokero the frog close to her.

@York @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@/West
-----​

Ancient_Screw.png

Assuming that these machines weren't operating anymore, Ellie decided to search one of the three here, seeing that Grievous went to search one of them. Maybe something useful for whatever trip they were going to take in this place.

@Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Yun Lee
@North

Ancient_Screw.png

Grievous moves a hand to take a hold on the screw and used his hand to rotate the screw out of its place to take a closer look at the screw. Perhaps it was of use later on. He then takes a look at the other machines.

Ancient_Screw.png

---

---

---

Jin hummed thoughtfully as he noticed the road that Kaito had pointed out. Didn't this seem rather easy? The beasts they had slipped by were quite easy to stay out of sight of; were they simply that distracted by their meal to notice them? "Perhaps we are close, but it would be best to not lose focus now," The ronin replied as he stepped forth, ready to follow the road wherever it led, pushing his glasses up to better fit on the bridge of his nose as he did so, "There may still be trials ahead of us that we have not seen."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Lucky @Otto @Minerva @Siege @Crow @East​

tumblr_p6qxceIlPR1uctmvwo2_100.png

❝ I... I caught a frog! Omigod it's so cute!! ❞ Nadeshiko's eyes practically sparkled in joy. She might as well be distracted enough to miss the fact that a rock almost hit their raft's sail. Maybe it was good that she practically missed that, or else she would be panicking again.

❝ Guys, what do you think I should name the little frog? I was thinking... Kerokero... or maybe uh... ❞ She was thinking on what to name the frog, which croaked every now and then.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh @Crow @Raynar Saassin
@/West
Teruteru snickered. "Perhaps an apple strudel with Nièr beurre filling would coax some taste buds from deep within your machinery. Then perhaps I could coax something else out of you."

Teruteru then looked at Peter. "Oh, trust me, I'm an expert on such matters."

"?!"

Ancient_Screw.png

---

---

---

"WATCH OUT!"

❝ Huh? Boulder? Where? ❞ Nadeshiko tilted her head in confusion. She was oblivious to the fact that another boulder was headed in her direction, and because of some weird octopus thing too. Her attention soon took notice of what was happening once Shovel Knight defended her from the next boulder.

❝ AAHH!! Why is it doing that? Octopus don't do that at all! ❞ She shrieked at the fact that she was almost hit by a boulder, hugging Kerokero the frog close to her.

@York @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@/West
-----​

Assuming that these machines weren't operating anymore, Ellie decided to search one of the three here, seeing that Grievous went to search one of them. Maybe something useful for whatever trip they were going to take in this place.

@Donder172 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @Yun Lee
@North
Enu
@Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @CrunchyCHEEZIT
@GoingWest

Enu let out a little yelp when he realized what he had just grabbed was inadvertendly the creatures throwing boulders at the raft. Carefully putting the strange octopus thing back into the water, behind the raft... He frowned, eyeing the underwater "bushes" with some degree of caution.

Then, tapping Shovel Knight on the shoulder, he gestured to the bushes, seeming to be trying to indicate to him to steer the raft away from the underwater bushes. He seemed to suspect that the creatures were popping up whenever they got too close to them.​

Kaito was still unsure, but fearing the worst was gonna get him nowhere. "Yeah, knowing Maki, she probably tried to go wherever the fewest number of folks went. This place clearly ain't it." He paused, sniffing the air. "You guys smell that? Smells like...steak?"

If the group was to look further up ahead, two blue goblins seemed to be sitting by a fire, cooking a huge slab of meat. "...Anybody hungry?"

@Lucky @Otto @Hida Tomonatsu @Takumi @Siege @Minerva @Crow @East
"Sounds like a plan!" Without another word, Kaito slung himself over the stone railing of the walkway, hanging off by his hands. He began inching sideways, planning to move past the goblins undetected in that manner.

There were some other methods to be used, as well; one could always paraglide to the left side of the river, though that would involve a bit of strenuous climbing and jumping, as the left side's walkway had broken down over the years. There was also a pile of rocks nearby where one could feel a draft; the rocks looked as though they could easily be blown apart, but the noise might attract the goblins. Of course, you could follow Kaito's lead...if you didn't mind callouses, that is.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Otto @Minerva @Siege @East

Yuuki, with a nod, agrees to follow Peter with some paragliding, feeling that he could use the company.

@Hida Tomonatsu @Crow @Takumi @Lucky @Otto @Minerva @Siege @Yun Lee @East

"WATCH OUT!"

@/West

"Octopus... rocks... Octorocks? Lady Nadeshiko, please manage my spear and paddle. Master Shovel, please deal with the rock projectiles."

Kokkoro says, handing her lance to Nadeshiko for a bit as she readied her bow & shock arrows, fidgeting as she did. She prepares to strike the 'Octorocks' as she had dubbed them whenever they popped up.

PGbp1Mc.jpg

"Now tbat I think of it, I haven't actually eaten lunch yet."

Kokkoro's eyes focused on the target's next appearance.

"I'm so hungry, I could eat an Octorock."

@York @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @/West​

Last edited:
Grievous would find another screw, while Ellie would find an odd spring.

Ancient_Spring.png

The screw seemed to be a regular screw, save for its unique design. Perhaps it was just native to these parts?

@Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Krieg @North

---

The Octorok shot back up again, shooting another boulder, this time at Asher. Whatever Kokkoro hoped to do, she had better do it quickly!

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @York @Ver @Raynar Saassin @Josh @MelodyMeister @/West​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back