Status
Not open for further replies.
"For real?" Jianyu joined Terry at the water, trying it for herself. "Woah, you're right! I thought all spring water was super dirty and gross..." Well then again, this place was run by a dude with crazy lava powers, so who knew.

Xiayu would alao take the opportunity to drink, and to wash her face, as well. Cleaning up what remained of her encounter with Wally, it finally felt like it never happened...physically, at least. The mental strain of the encounter was heavy, certainly. Everyone had something they'd kill for...and some were more willing to act than others.

Once finished, Xiayu stood and observed their surroundings. "Greenery everywhere, fresh water...this may be a good location to set up camp. Maybe a few of us can scout out the area so we know what exists here, so we'd have an advantage over anyone trying to attack."

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Takumi @York

2ef286ffbb9c39435a80cb53e34fcc77.png

View attachment 3663
@Drylands
As Vanitas crossed over into the Northern Drylands, he would start to feel the weight of the burning sun beat down on him. Everywhere he looked, the looked, sand and rocks filled his eyes, the brown plains broken only by small patches of dying grass and the occasional cactus. The heat from above was almost unbearable outside of the shade, burning any uncovered skin in mere minutes and roasting anything covered by metal or class. However, the Northern Wasteland could provide Vanitas with direct passage into the Northern Plains, a region filled with lush plantlife and, more importantly, water.
Should he choose take the time to explore the Drylands, he would discover a Network of Caves, which could help to provide him with shade and a place to lie low. Venturing into the caves would lead him to the last known location of the Purple Team, and an opportunity to eliminate a player. Climbing to the top of a nearby cliff face could provide Vanitas with a better lay of the land and possible reveal further details regarding the region.

@dark @Alex Azure @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky Drylands Team

View attachment 3664
@Water Team
As the Alliance ventured further and further into the Jungle, minutes seemed to melt into hours. Following the damp land would lead the party towards a slow moving river, stretching north as far as the eye could sea. Its flow seemed to wash small sticks and lily-pads southward and out of sight, down towards the [FLOODED PLAINS]. The water itself felt cool and refreshing touch, a pleasant change compared to the humidity of the rest of the Jungle.

"Thank God..." Terry groaned, peeling back his mask and kneeling by the river bank. Cupping his hands, he doused his face with water. He needed this. He really did. A chance to turn his brain off for a few seconds and just appreciate not being dead. Basking in the moment, he released a sign. "Ladies and gentlemen... we've got water..."

Splashing his face over and over without a second thought, Terry smiled a fleeting smile.

"Get a load of all this guys!" A greedily guzzled down a fistful of water. "This is incredible! Now this is the sorta water you don't find back in society! It tastes so... clean!"

@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi

View attachment 3665
@WallyKillCrew
As the two Champions searched for the Speedster in their own separate ways, they would eventually find they paths crossing. Beetle's aerial recon would have revealed a similar path through the Jungle as the blood trial did, with Wally and Nezumi's path of crushed plants eventually leading the survivors to small clearing void of trees. At its heart sat Nezumi's bloodied knife, and a large paths of dried blood much larger than anything else Max has discovered thus far. Yet this obvious murder scene lacked one integral piece of evidence- a body. All that remained of Wally seemed to be a pool of blood- there were no more footprints, no more burnt shrubs. It was as if he had vanished into fin air.

A close inspection of the bloodied knife would reveal a small ball of white fluff mangled in with the rest of the blood. Perhaps the time had come for the two to put their heads together and begin investigating.

@York @Crow @TheFlashKillCrew

@Snow Team
"This orta do it! This is more like it!" Scott cried, shaving the last sheet of bark from the base of his standing tree and throwing them onto Alice's growing fire, marveling at Loa and Hnikar's displays of power the whole time. With his hands on his hips, Scott took the time to smile in the light of the camp fire's glow. "Great work, Team. We've pulled it together, haven't we? Arcade's gonna have to try harder than this to break us"

Turning back to Alice, his lips beaming, he punched her playfully on the arm. "You pulled through. I knew you had it you, Alice. Thanks to you, we don't have to waste any more time rubbing sticks together and hoping for the best" He allowed himself to laugh for a moment, forcing all thoughts of the death game from his mind. Sitting along Hnikar's fallen tree, he finally let himself catch his breath and enjoy the moment. "We're going to make it, ladies and gentlemen. Hnikar and Loa just brought us enough wood to build a shelter, and he barely had to try; if we stick together- if we work together- we'll be able to have a shelter up and running by sundown"

Soon, Scott found himself taking on the role of the scoutmaster once again, diving out jobs and

"Hnikar, Kate and I can start stripping these trees of their branches with arrowheads, knives and spears. The rest of you can get on with the building. We're going to want to build a nice strong wall facing east to deal with the wind. Eli, you can hold it up whilst..."

Cyclops found himself trailing off. He knew it had been quiet. Too quiet. And there had been a suspicious lack of death threats muttered in the last half hour. It dawned on him. He jumped to his feet and briskly walked a lap of their 'camp'.

"Eli! Where's Eli? He wont last 15 minutes out there alone...The stupid kid... what he trying to prove?!"

Observing their surroundings, the Red Team and Loa would see a trail of footprints leading away from the camp and deeper into the forest, disappearing over a nearby snow dune. Laced in the the steps were flickers of black ash, spat from a flaming stick stolen from the camp.

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Jeremi @Red Team

"Clean? Perhaps," Laura replied to Terry as she leaned down to inspect the water. "It can still host parasites or other things Arcade would like us to ingest." Despite talking about trust, there was at least one individual on this island she didn't trust. "My healing will protect me, you already ingested it so there's nothing to do...unless that spit of yours can cure maladies from inside the body as well," She spoke off hand to Steven.

She cupped her hands as well and took a drink of the water. Tasted fresh just as Terry said but still... "I believe anything we find here should be ingested at your own risk."

@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Water Team

"You got it!"
Loa smiled a genuine smile now that they had a fire to keep them warm before she went to help the others build the shelter. If only someone like Colossus was here, they could just uproot trees and make a proper fort! Then Cyclops brought up Eli and well...she wanted to let him do whatever it was that he was going to do but, he was still a kid, younger then herself even. "I think someone should go and look for him. Mr Summers' right he wont last long out there."

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Sark @Red Team

"I'll go with the big sis over here then!" Hnikar proclaims as he prepares to join Alice in the little hunt for Eli. "He can't have gone too far..."

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Sark @Red Team @Jeremi

"This blood trail... the gap between 'em... they're being left by someone going faster than any vehicle..."

Blue Beetle realised something.

"That means he's away from the lady now, but..."

Blue Beetle redirects his course for the blood trail, going for the path that was mlre likely to stay inside the jungles than head out.

"No, we're too late... but what's this fuzzy thing over here? Did it-"

"Bzzzt!"

The scarab held Beetle back for a bit, hijacking the suit for a bit to scan the aforementioned item.

"So, what is it? Did it belong to something here?"

@York @Sark @Crow @Jungles​

Face showing minor disgust as Steven healed Xiayu with his spit of all things, he shook his head and got to his feet. He's seen quite a few disgusting things in his lifetime, and hell he even climbed a pile of bodies, but this was new. He took it well at least, given that he was probably covered in dirt, dried blood, and whatever bits of rock and grime was on that cliff face he unfortunately had to be rubbed against not too long ago himself. He probably looked like hell, but oh well.

"I thought I've seen it all but I keep being proven wrong, heh. Not even the grossest thing I've seen yet it still makes my skin crawl." He joked lightly.

Deciding not to comment further on the whole spit thing, he went along with the others into the jungle on high alert, if the way his eyes scanned their surroundings was anything to go by, he didn't even speak, just walked with his hands at his sides and shoulders tense. To tell the truth, he still had a bit of adrenaline pumping through his veins even if he still felt like shit.

Nezumi went and took a drink once they finally found water, before sitting for a second to rest. However, he listened for anything they may have been headed towards them, such as any animals or people from other teams.
"For real?" Jianyu joined Terry at the water, trying it for herself. "Woah, you're right! I thought all spring water was super dirty and gross..." Well then again, this place was run by a dude with crazy lava powers, so who knew.

Xiayu would alao take the opportunity to drink, and to wash her face, as well. Cleaning up what remained of her encounter with Wally, it finally felt like it never happened...physically, at least. The mental strain of the encounter was heavy, certainly. Everyone had something they'd kill for...and some were more willing to act than others.

Once finished, Xiayu stood and observed their surroundings. "Greenery everywhere, fresh water...this may be a good location to set up camp. Maybe a few of us can scout out the area so we know what exists here, so we'd have an advantage over anyone trying to attack."

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Takumi @York
@Lake Team

"Camping out here sounds great, I mean, took around!" Terry exclaimed, wading waste deep into the river, running wet fingers through his hair. "We've got water. We might be able to fish, or find some fruit growing on the riverbank or something. If we're gonna wait the game out, this is the place to do it!"
View attachment 3666
"You guys can go on ahead if you'd like to explore the jungle. I'm happy to stay here and set up the camp. On our way down, I saw some trees with weird fruit a little bit South of here. I have no idea what the other side of the river's looking like, but the river feels shallow enough and calm enough to swim across. Maybe scouting upstream is a good idea too? But hey, its up to you. The camp will be here when you get back"
"Clean? Perhaps," Laura replied to Terry as she leaned down to inspect the water. "It can still host parasites or other things Arcade would like us to ingest." Despite talking about trust, there was at least one individual on this island she didn't trust. "My healing will protect me, you already ingested it so there's nothing to do...unless that spit of yours can cure maladies from inside the body as well," She spoke off hand to Steven.

She cupped her hands as well and took a drink of the water. Tasted fresh just as Terry said but still... "I believe anything we find here should be ingested at your own risk."
"The way I see it" Terry replied, slowly making his way back to the riverside. "Everything we do here's gonna be at our own risk. I mean, we're on a messed up island ran by a red haired lunatic... and its called 'Murderworld'. I guess we have to weigh up whether we're gonna risk getting infected with something, or avoid eating and drinking for the next 7 days. I guess we can add disease and dehydration to the things that are trying to kill us..." Hoping over the crumbling backs and planting his feet firmly back onto dry land, Terry rocked his head from side to side, spraying Hex with the last specs of water that still clung desperately onto his hair and shoulders. Taping his neck and reforming his hologram mask, Terry threw a smile of an apology her way. "Maybe... we could boil the water to get rid of any bad stuff? Just in case? I'll get to work on it once the Camp's been set up"
@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Water Team
"This blood trail... the gap between 'em... they're being left by someone going faster than any vehicle..."

Blue Beetle realised something.

"That means he's away from the lady now, but..."

Blue Beetle redirects his course for the blood trail, going for the path that was mlre likely to stay inside the jungles than head out.

"No, we're too late... but what's this fuzzy thing over here? Did it-"

"Bzzzt!"

The scarab held Beetle back for a bit, hijacking the suit for a bit to scan the aforementioned item.

"So, what is it? Did it belong to something here?"
@WallyKillCrew

A closer examination of the fluff on the knife would reveal its true nature; caught on the knife's bloody coating was a small, white feather.

The Scarab would reveal that the feather's composition didn't match those of any natural birds, on Earth or Beyond. The closest thing the feather's chemical composition resembled was that of Human DNA-- Mutant DNA.

As soon as the nature of the knife had revealed itself, a thunderous crack was heard throughout the crime scene. In a flash, trees on all fronts began to fracture and tumble, their mighty trunks tumbling around the Champions. Before they were fully aware of the cause of such destruction, the prison of jagged wood that now consumed all hope of retreat burst into flames in a flash of red light. The wave of heat that burst from their prison threw the pair back into the center of the clear, the smoke burning each and every one of their senses.

"Hate to crash your party, fellas!" A voice called from the skyline. "But I just thought I'd rock up and tell ya that Wally had to bounce. Hurt his back or something. It was a real bummer. Angel picked him up like an hour ago. Started doing some trick with some magic blood or something to help him out. But you know what? The fella's startin' to weird me out. And gross me out. Like man. The dude's gotten weird, man"
View attachment 3668

"But hey, things aren't all bad! While they're play Witch-Doctor and braiding each other's hair, you Dirtbags get to hang around with the One True Superman!"

@York @Crow
Alice chuckled as Scott playfully punched her in the arm, almost forgetting that she was stuck in a death game for a moment. Something felt a little off though, and she didn't know what it was until Cyclops brought it up once things seemed to have gone smoothly for the first time since ending up trapped here. Which should of been a red flag in itself.

"That kid's gonna get himself killed for sure." She sighed heavily, before making her own torch.

"I can drag him back, conscious or unconscious. Either way? I'm pummeling him when I see him." She grumbled. Is this how Renfred felt when he first took her in? Like a babysitter for an unruly brat? If she ever made it back she'd have to apologize-and not just for what happened to his face but just for everything.

Ugh, there she went comparing herself to that punk again. Despite not hating him enough to want him dead she still found it irritating.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Red Team
"You got it!" Loa smiled a genuine smile now that they had a fire to keep them warm before she went to help the others build the shelter. If only someone like Colossus was here, they could just uproot trees and make a proper fort! Then Cyclops brought up Eli and well...she wanted to let him do whatever it was that he was going to do but, he was still a kid, younger then herself even. "I think someone should go and look for him. Mr Summers' right he wont last long out there."

"I'll go with the big sis over here then!" Hnikar proclaims as he prepares to join Alice in the little hunt for Eli. "He can't have gone too far..."

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @Sark @Red Team @Jeremi
@SnowTeam

"It's settled then. We're going to going on a rescue mission..." Scott muttered, following in Alice's footsteps and making and taking a torch of his own and holding it close to his chest-- he needed to keep the heat as close to his core as he could. "No man's gonna be left behind tonight..."

------
Following Eli's fleeting footprints and the black specs of ash would lead the team further and further from the camp. After what felt like a lifetime in the endless white, the wider Red Team slowly began to detect slight changes in Eli's footprints. An hour into their march, Eli's once light footsteps seemed to grow deeper and closer together, as if he had changed his strategy from a slow, wading charge into a frantic, mad sprint

"Tell me I'm not the only person seeing this..." Scott muttered, taking a knee beside the tracks and holding his torch to the footprints. "By... I'm seeing two sets of footprints here... And these new ones doesn't look human... They're bigger... I'm no expert, but I'm seeing claws... strings of hair... or fur..." He looked up from the tracks and redoubled his marching pace. "We need to hurry. If we don't get a move on, there wont be an Eli left to save..."

"I honestly would prefer staying close to each other," Xiayu said. "If we do go scouting, it shouldn't be alone."

Uuuugggghhhh...why couldn't Arcade already give them places to live? Already making them live like animals, it was the least he could do. Jianyu decided she'd take whatever option would require the least amount of effort on her part; that, or making sure Xiayu was safe. That scare earlier had definitely made her set on that.

@Sark @Takumi @Atomic Knight @York

@SnowTeam

"It's settled then. We're going to going on a rescue mission..." Scott muttered, following in Alice's footsteps and making and taking a torch of his own and holding it close to his chest-- he needed to keep the heat as close to his core as he could. "No man's gonna be left behind tonight..."

------
Following Eli's fleeting footprints and the black specs of ash would lead the team further and further from the camp. After what felt like a lifetime in the endless white, the wider Red Team slowly began to detect slight changes in Eli's footprints. An hour into their march, Eli's once light footsteps seemed to grow deeper and closer together, as if he had changed his strategy from a slow, wading charge into a frantic, mad sprint

"Tell me I'm not the only person seeing this..." Scott muttered, taking a knee beside the tracks and holding his torch to the footprints. "By... I'm seeing two sets of footprints here... And these new ones doesn't look human... They're bigger... I'm no expert, but I'm seeing claws... strings of hair... or fur..." He looked up from the tracks and redoubled his marching pace. "We need to hurry. If we don't get a move on, there wont be an Eli left to save..."

aKCFUAP.png

"A... bear?" Hnikar ponders as he continues down the trail, his legs sparking with lightning as his speed was boosted, the snow beneath him slowly but surely melting from the sparks. "Where's the roaring and screaming?"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi @Sark

@SnowTeam​

@WallyKillCrew

A closer examination of the fluff on the knife would reveal its true nature; caught on the knife's bloody coating was a small, white feather.

The Scarab would reveal that the feather's composition didn't match those of any natural birds, on Earth or Beyond. The closest thing the feather's chemical composition resembled was that of Human DNA-- Mutant DNA.

As soon as the nature of the knife had revealed itself, a thunderous crack was heard throughout the crime scene. In a flash, trees on all fronts began to fracture and tumble, their mighty trunks tumbling around the Champions. Before they were fully aware of the cause of such destruction, the prison of jagged wood that now consumed all hope of retreat burst into flames in a flash of red light. The wave of heat that burst from their prison threw the pair back into the center of the clear, the smoke burning each and every one of their senses.

"Hate to crash your party, fellas!" A voice called from the skyline. "But I just thought I'd rock up and tell ya that Wally had to bounce. Hurt his back or something. It was a real bummer. Angel picked him up like an hour ago. Started doing some trick with some magic blood or something to help him out. But you know what? The fella's startin' to weird me out. And gross me out. Like man. The dude's gotten weird, man"
View attachment 3668

"But hey, things aren't all bad! While they're play Witch-Doctor and braiding each other's hair, you Dirtbags get to hang around with the One True Superman!"

@York @Crow

"Angel, huh?" Beetle quickly inferred after the analysis of what was actually a feather belonging to the mutant. "He didn't like, kill Wally or anything right? Pretty weird placement of the feathers if he did. Oh wait, they're on the same team..."

Just then, the wooden pillars known as trees burst into splinters, unveiling Superboy.

"Woah, you scared me there! I mean, I want to find my team, which I have a feeling would be hanging around here... but I think having some company right now would be pretty great," Beetle then turns to Max, "how about you?"

@Sark @York @Crow

@Lake Team

"Camping out here sounds great, I mean, took around!" Terry exclaimed, wading waste deep into the river, running wet fingers through his hair. "We've got water. We might be able to fish, or find some fruit growing on the riverbank or something. If we're gonna wait the game out, this is the place to do it!"
View attachment 3666
"You guys can go on ahead if you'd like to explore the jungle. I'm happy to stay here and set up the camp. On our way down, I saw some trees with weird fruit a little bit South of here. I have no idea what the other side of the river's looking like, but the river feels shallow enough and calm enough to swim across. Maybe scouting upstream is a good idea too? But hey, its up to you. The camp will be here when you get back"

"The way I see it" Terry replied, slowly making his way back to the riverside. "Everything we do here's gonna be at our own risk. I mean, we're on a messed up island ran by a red haired lunatic... and its called 'Murderworld'. I guess we have to weigh up whether we're gonna risk getting infected with something, or avoid eating and drinking for the next 7 days. I guess we can add disease and dehydration to the things that are trying to kill us..." Hoping over the crumbling backs and planting his feet firmly back onto dry land, Terry rocked his head from side to side, spraying Hex with the last specs of water that still clung desperately onto his hair and shoulders. Taping his neck and reforming his hologram mask, Terry threw a smile of an apology her way. "Maybe... we could boil the water to get rid of any bad stuff? Just in case? I'll get to work on it once the Camp's been set up"

@WallyKillCrew

View attachment 3668

@York @Crow

@SnowTeam

------

Nezumi stood as Terry listed things they could do.

"Let's hope that any of the weird fruit isn't poisonous." He spoke up, before glancing to Xiayu as she spoke.

"I honestly would prefer staying close to each other," Xiayu said. "If we do go scouting, it shouldn't be alone."

Uuuugggghhhh...why couldn't Arcade already give them places to live? Already making them live like animals, it was the least he could do. Jianyu decided she'd take whatever option would require the least amount of effort on her part; that, or making sure Xiayu was safe. That scare earlier had definitely made her set on that.

tumblr_inline_pepunu5XiG1sfrtcl_100.png

"I say that at least two or three people to scout should be enough, yeah?" He suggested, initially planning on scouting upstream himself whether anyone else wanted to or not.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York @Yellow & Pink Teams

---

tumblr_ppsuzjBaWS1sfafj7_100.jpg

"I shouldn't be surprised that there would be something this big out here but it's almost as if it's tracks just...appeared." Alice muttered.

tumblr_ppsuxiCXdB1sfafj7_100.jpg

"That's a good question, but I'm sure we'll find out either way. Hopefully before it gets ahold of Eli." She responded to Hnikar.

@Crow @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Sark @Red Team

@Lake Team

View attachment 3666

@WallyKillCrew

View attachment 3668

@York @Crow

@SnowTeam

------

Laura nodded. "That was going to be my suggestion." She got back up to her feet and looked around. No one was at each others throats yet, maybe this would work until it didn't. "Perhaps we will still survive this."

"Agreed," Laura replied. "If we spread ourselves out too thin then it will be easy for Arcade to take us down, through the island or his own hands. If we go somewhere I'd suggest groups of three at the least. That way all bases should be covered."

@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @Water Team

Was it safe for them to leave the base they just created? Though sticking together seemed like the smarter bet. Strength in numbers and all that. As Cyclops stopped and inspected the tracks Loa took notice of them too. What animals could there be in this place. "R-Right we better hurry." She followed after Cyclops towards where they might hopefully find Eli. Even if he'd caused trouble earlier...it wasn't right to just leave him to fend for himself.

Billy Baston/ Shazam

Shazam looked over at Jak and nodded in agreement. "
I can't argue with that, the longer we stay in one spot, the more likely it is we will be to caught or have to fight someone, an idea that I would rather not do," he said, making a note of the cliff point vantage with the rest of his team. He hoped that the silent teammate was okay.

He was still upset that he wasn't fast enough to keep his whole team together. He hoped that Scott was okay and not dead. He hadn't exactly been teleported with many allies by his side. He couldn't worry about that.

'
I can see a waterfall up ahead, so it does make sense to get it now that we can. Who knows where else it will be? After we get water from the waterfall, do you want to head into the Northern Clearing? It seems pretty safe there."

Kid Danger

Kid Danger smiled at Ratchet. " That works out fine for me, we work as a team for as long as we need too," he said, making a note to not show anything more than his laser unless it was necessary. His hypermobility would be a guarded secret for now.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's head into the caves,"
he said, looking to make sure all four members were close by and ready to explore.

@dark @Sark @Alex Azure @White and Purple Team

The sound of water was pretty familiar to Hyakkimaru once they reached the riverside. This could work. It was how he was able to live out on his own despite his condition. He always had that keen sense when it came with surviving out in the wild. He didn't exactly follow what kind of scouting the group was to do here, but if they needed to settle down around this area.

Without a word, the boy reached to slide his prosthetic right arm off, almost like a sheath being taken off. By doing so, this uncovered the blade that was hidden on him. Using his ability to see the "colors" of living things' souls, Hyakkimaru stepped into the river if he could do so judging from the spoken fact that it was shallow, and seeing if he could detect any fish nearest to him in this method.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark
@WaterTeam

❝ Tch... I can tough this out, or the training was all for nothing. ❞ Vanitas grumbled to himself as he continued onward in the drylands. The idea of seeking shelter from the heat until the sun went down wasn't one he wanted to take. That would be wasting time in some remote place while others are probably preparing elsewhere! So, he forced himself to ignore the itching feeling to go rest, the cliff face being the next location. At least he could scope out on what was available to him and what to remember when it finally came to eliminating the competition.

@Sark @dark @Alex Azure @Lucky
@DrylandsTeam

"A... bear?" Hnikar ponders as he continues down the trail, his legs sparking with lightning as his speed was boosted, the snow beneath him slowly but surely melting from the sparks. "Where's the roaring and screaming?"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi @Sark

@SnowTeam
"I shouldn't be surprised that there would be something this big out here but it's almost as if it's tracks just...appeared." Alice muttered

"That's a good question, but I'm sure we'll find out either way. Hopefully before it gets ahold of Eli." She responded to Hnikar.
Was it safe for them to leave the base they just created? Though sticking together seemed like the smarter bet. Strength in numbers and all that. As Cyclops stopped and inspected the tracks Loa took notice of them too. What animals could there be in this place. "R-Right we better hurry." She followed after Cyclops towards where they might hopefully find Eli. Even if he'd caused trouble earlier...it wasn't right to just leave him to fend for himself.

"Maybe we're lucky" Scott cried behind him, continuing the press on through the waves of white "Maybe whatever-this-is hasn't gotten to him yet, or maybe these tracks are older than Eli's... but I don't think its a good idea to leave it up to fate..."

As they crossed the final ridge, Scott threw an fist over his shoulder, signalling for their party to come to a halt. He didn't dare to speak. He simply maintained eye contact with the sight bellow. After a few dazed moments he dared to speak again.

"Listen carefully... No loud noises... No sudden movements..."

Just over the ridge sat a small rock clearing, rising no more than 5 feet above the ground. At its peak sat Eli, clinging to its face with an unnatural desperate look in his eyes. A few feet away from him his torch sat half buried in snow, submerged and extinguished from its hurried abandonment. It didn't take long for Liquid to lock eyes with his team, shooting them a look that screamed 'do something'. Stern faced and bruised, Eli shot a black eye towards the rock face and back over and over. Its edges were doused in ice, and he was slipping.

Below Eli's rock there hung a great beast, far larger than any natural bear. The grisly atrocity would likely surpass two meters in height were it to stand upon hits hind legs. The creature was fat with muscle and fur; it could have eaten Eli a dozen times over and the meal would still leave him hungry. Yet the bear seemed to be as desperate as Eli, and hungrier too. Curiously, it seemed to sniff at his leg, hesitant to pull him down and tear him to shreds. Kicking off the ground slightly with its front paws, it seemed to rest itself upon the rock, its hammering on the rocks beside Eli. With a snort, it opened its jaws wide, tugging lightly on the back of his jacket.

Seeing the boy in danger triggered something in Scott. Perhaps it was the paternity that he had been denied during his own youth. Or perhaps it was his nagging need to do what was 'right'. Propelled by a primal instinct, Cyclops released a blinding ribbon of red from his eyes, the blast pushing the creature from the rock and away from Eli.
W7xm.gif

"Eli! You fool! Get back here before you get yourself killed!"

"Stop you messing around, Scott! You'll destroy the meat!"

"The Meat? You mean you were trying to hunt that thing?"

Distracted by pride, Scott had dismissed the bear into the past tense, and disservice it would not forgive.

View attachment 3669

Towering over Eli, the fur Titan rose onto its hind legs, shaking off the push of Scott's optic blast. Unleashing an ungodly roar, the best began to sprint towards Eli again, seemingly blaming him from Scott's sorry display of force.

"What are you waiting for, Summers! Kill take its head of! Stab it"

The Beast was on top of him, pinning him down with its superior weight and strength.

"I'm not taking that risk, Eli!"

Scott removed his visor, ready to unleash the full power of his mutation, concealed behind his trembling eyes.

"No! You'll destroy the furs! We need them! The fire's not gonna be enough for the night! We need this! One of you morons better kill this thing the right way!"

Liquid continued to struggle beneath its mighty weight, kicking at the beast's weight again and again, throwing as much snow in its mouth as he could.

"Don't be a coward and KILL IT"

[CENTER][I][QUOTE="Gummi Bunnies, post: 126362, member: 2446"][/QUOTE][/I][/CENTER]
[I][QUOTE="Gummi Bunnies, post: 126362, member: 2446"][/quote][/I][QUOTE="Gummi Bunnies, post: 126362, member: 2446"]
[CENTER][I][SIZE=3]The sound of water was pretty familiar to Hyakkimaru once they reached the riverside. This could work. It was how he was able to live out on his own despite his condition. He always had that keen sense when it came with surviving out in the wild. He didn't exactly follow what kind of scouting the group was to do here, but if they needed to settle down around this area.

Without a word, the boy reached to slide his prosthetic right arm off, almost like a sheath being taken off. By doing so, this uncovered the blade that was hidden on him. Using his ability to see the "colors" of living things' souls, Hyakkimaru [B][U]stepped into the river[/U][/B] if he could do so judging from the spoken fact that it was shallow, and seeing if he could [B][U]detect any fish nearest to him[/U][/B] in this method.

[USER=2437]@Jeremi
@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark [/SIZE]@WaterTeam[/I][/CENTER]
[/QUOTE]
As soon as he struck the water and removed his blade, Hyakkimaru would find a fat, healthy bass skewered on the edge of his arm, perfect for a quick fry up.

"That's incredible!" Terry cried, picking up a sharpened stick and following him back out into the river. Raising it over his shoulder like he had seen in a movie or two, the Batman followed suit, throwing his stick into the waves to catch... nothing. "Guess its... harder than it looks. You some sorta master fisherman on your world or something? Or can you... talk to fish or something?"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @WaterTeam

Laura nodded. "That was going to be my suggestion." She got back up to her feet and looked around. No one was at each others throats yet, maybe this would work until it didn't. "Perhaps we will still survive this."

"Agreed," Laura replied. "If we spread ourselves out too thin then it will be easy for Arcade to take us down, through the island or his own hands. If we go somewhere I'd suggest groups of three at the least. That way all bases should be covered."
"Come to think of it... where are the other teams? I mean, most of Orange Team just vanished into the Jungle... Wally ran off in the same direction. Maybe they're nearby? We might have to send some scouts out before we sleep... I mean... Beetle and Max vanished after Kid Flash ran off, and I haven't seen the Purple, White and Red Teams after... all that happened in the clearing. You seem to be handling things the best, Hex... what do say we should do about them? Hide until the week ends, and get blow up with the island? And how can we hide when we don't know what we're hiding from or where its hiding?"

"Let's hope that any of the weird fruit isn't poisonous." He spoke up, before glancing to Xiayu as she spoke.
If Nezumi chose to investigate the fruit further, he would find that its core seemed to glow through its soft almost squishy skin. It seemed juice and soft, and didn't seem to glow with any of nature's warning colors. However, the only way to truly test how safe the fruit was would be to take the plunge and taste some and see if his body tried to tell him if it was a no-go.
@Takumi
"Angel, huh?" Beetle quickly inferred after the analysis of what was actually a feather belonging to the mutant. "He didn't like, kill Wally or anything right? Pretty weird placement of the feathers if he did. Oh wait, they're on the same team..."

Just then, the wooden pillars known as trees burst into splinters, unveiling Superboy.

"Woah, you scared me there! I mean, I want to find my team, which I have a feeling would be hanging around here... but I think having some company right now would be pretty great," Beetle then turns to Max, "how about you?"

@Sark @York @Crow
"I guess the guy just molts a little. I mean, I've been finding feathers in my pants, my hair, my everything. My guess it he got stuck to the knife when he pulled it out, but I was a little busy getting ready for my dramatic entrance. Falling trees and flaming wood was pretty awesome, right? All it needed was a guitar solo!"

When Beetle brought up the idea of working together, Superboy squinted and bit his lip.

"Yeeeaaaahhh about that. I mean, I'm not against us all being buddies and stuff, but Bucky sorta told me to wait here and slow you down. I mean, technically he said to 'deal with you' whilst the others go clear out the lake, but to be real with you? This whole 'kill everyone' plan... isn't as rad as I thought it was gonna be. Like, Angel stopped talking about bring people back to life as soon as he found the Shack. Now he's going all "I will reap justice across this land" and stuff. Not my kinda party, yano?"
tumblr_plh99vJ03n1vt0n04_500.gif

"But hey. I've probably said too much already. I guess I'm not gonna be the strong silent super-type at this rate. Might as well hurry up and kick your asses so I can go back to sipping coconut water and wearing those tiny cucumbers on my eyes, ya dig?"
@York @Crow
❝ Tch... I can tough this out, or the training was all for nothing. ❞ Vanitas grumbled to himself as he continued onward in the drylands. The idea of seeking shelter from the heat until the sun went down wasn't one he wanted to take. That would be wasting time in some remote place while others are probably preparing elsewhere! So, he forced himself to ignore the itching feeling to go rest, the cliff face being the next location. At least he could scope out on what was available to him and what to remember when it finally came to eliminating the competition.
From the top of the cliff face, Vanitas' sight stretched out across the northern half of the Island. He could clearly make out the silhouettes of Shazam and Jak venturing off into some nearby caves, his line of sight not yet restricted by mountain's stony walls. If he turned his attention eastward, he could make out what appeared to be a collection of small buildings carved into the face of a distant small mountain at the heart of the Drylands. His route to it would lead him through the hottest region of the desert, but it would guarantee him some food, water, shade and perhaps some other resources at the end of it all. If he turned his attention outside of the Drylands, he would be able to clearly make out a group of survivors setting up camp along the banks of a river, blissfully picking fruit and catching fish. Much of the rest of the jungle lied behind a veil of trees, and remained hidden from him.

@Gummi Bunnies

Kid Danger

Kid Danger smiled at Ratchet. " That works out fine for me, we work as a team for as long as we need too," he said, making a note to not show anything more than his laser unless it was necessary. His hypermobility would be a guarded secret for now.

"What are we waiting for then? Let's head into the caves,"
he said, looking to make sure all four members were close by and ready to explore.

@dark @Sark @Alex Azure @White and Purple Team
The cave system seemed to stretch on forever, twisting and turning again and again. Every now again, small ribbons of sunlight seemed to dance through the cracks in the ceiling, reminding them that they were not going underground, but instead, over it.

Though following the network of caves seemed easy enough, the route eventually came to a fork, leaving the team with two possible routes down which they could continue travelling- a left path, from which what sounded like running water could be heard, and a right path, from which they could hear nothing but a faint rumble.

@dark @Alex Azure @Lucky

Billy Baston/ Shazam

Shazam looked over at Jak and nodded in agreement. "
I can't argue with that, the longer we stay in one spot, the more likely it is we will be to caught or have to fight someone, an idea that I would rather not do," he said, making a note of the cliff point vantage with the rest of his team. He hoped that the silent teammate was okay.

He was still upset that he wasn't fast enough to keep his whole team together. He hoped that Scott was okay and not dead. He hadn't exactly been teleported with many allies by his side. He couldn't worry about that.

'
I can see a waterfall up ahead, so it does make sense to get it now that we can. Who knows where else it will be? After we get water from the waterfall, do you want to head into the Northern Clearing? It seems pretty safe there."
As Jak and Shazam passed over the ridge, they could see the northern clearing exposed in all its glory. Flat plains seemed to stretch on forever, with a few perfectly rounded hills and trees scattered around the place. At the base of the waterfall sat a beautiful pool of fresh water, which seemed to connect to a small cave, which could provide them with enough shelter from the night, whilst also concealing them behind a wall of water. Further across the region, the team could see a series of lakes, which would no doubt yield better fish and host healthier plants than the mostly rocky banks of the waterfall. Should they chose to avoid the water, they could try exploring some of the areas concealed behind patches of trees, or press on until they reached the Island's coast.

@Lucky @dark @Alex Azure
[/user]

Dororo-02-04.jpg

❝ ... taught myself. ❞ It took a moment for Hyakkimaru to figure out how to answer that with the limited vocabulary he had. Maybe he appeared that skilled to Terry, but if it helped with surviving, it shouldn't be a problem. Then came the fact that he may have to fish more than he would when it was just him and Dororo back home. He scanned his "sight" over the others present near the riverside. A lot more people judging from their energy signatures, or at least a lot more than two people including himself.

❝ I stay here. River has fish. I can catch. ❞ Hyakkimaru figured he would stick around since catching one fish was too little of a haul to call it quits for the day. With the freshly caught bass stuck through his right arm's sword, Hyakkimaru kept a tight grip on his right arm sheath with his left, then raising his left arm so he could take it that off by biting down on the prosthetic with his mouth to hold it. Doing so, he readied both of his arm blades for more impromptu sword-fishing. If there was no sudden ambushes this early on, he saw this as a breather to prepare and settle at a proposed campsite as suggested.

@WaterTeam

Nz7EinC.png

❝ Playing it safe... tch, too much trouble and effort to properly pursue anyone, especially in this location. ❞ Vanitas felt a tinge of boredom for how he could see that various others were simply settling down and mingling by the looks of it. Along with the boredom, it absolutely pissed him off to see things this way. Why? Even he didn't know. Maybe he craved for the adrenaline of battle, the triumph of victory, the amusement of watching someone beg for their life... he craved it all. And if he couldn't get a taste of that soon, it left a numbing pain of frustration in his darkened heart.

Such negative emotions, which followed that with...

A familiar creature's snarl at his side, followed by another similar sounding one.

A_Girl_in_Distress_01_KHBBS.png

The Unversed. Creatures that stemmed from his presence alone. How funny it was to him, that after all this time he could accidentally summon these creatures when his thoughts led to uncontrollable emotions.

❝ Alright... guess I'm not disposing you yet, not when you can do me a favor. ❞ Vanitas spoke to the Unversed, knowing fully well that they could not speak back to him. He only knew what they wanted, because they were essentially extensions of him. Without another word spoke, the two small Unversed sunk into the ground to become shadows, and traveled to where the caves were. From this distance, it didn't take an idiot to realize that someone was there. In a remote place like that, the Unversed could stir up some trouble. It wasn't like anyone appeared to know him personally, and furthermore, not knowing that he was the source of the Unversed.

Which gave him an idea.

The masked boy had big intentions to make way to the small buildings that he viewed from that cliffside. He didn't intend on staying with any of the groups, and well, no one would really agree with what he had planned. With how unbearably hot it was in this region, Vanitas figured not that many people would come around. It was almost perfect in a way.

The perfect breeding ground to summon the Unversed, cultivating them to become stronger, killing them himself to become stronger. It would be a gradual process, as it did eventually become a strain to summon that many Unversed in one sitting.

He liked this idea.

@Sark

"I'd be willing to join a scouting group, if it will give us more of an advantage," Xiayu said. But for now, she crossed her arms, expressions more obvious now without her mask. "I do wonder...if there are more than one of us left at the end of this week, how does he decide who survives? Will any of us survive, in that case?"

"Oh, please!" Jianyu scoffed. "We're still gonna find this guy and force him to send us back! As if we're all gonna kill each other..." Okay, yeah, maybe if Xiayu or someone here got threatened, then she might get a liiiiittle bit violent. But come on. With their nice little camp, that was totally not happening. "Anyway, if we got Terry setting up the camp and Hyakkimaru fishing, I can go scouting, too." That way she could both stay with her big sis AND avoid doing physical labor! Yes!

@Sark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York

"Maybe we're lucky" Scott cried behind him, continuing the press on through the waves of white "Maybe whatever-this-is hasn't gotten to him yet, or maybe these tracks are older than Eli's... but I don't think its a good idea to leave it up to fate..."

As they crossed the final ridge, Scott threw an fist over his shoulder, signalling for their party to come to a halt. He didn't dare to speak. He simply maintained eye contact with the sight bellow. After a few dazed moments he dared to speak again.

Just over the ridge sat a small rock clearing, rising no more than 5 feet above the ground. At its peak sat Eli, clinging to its face with an unnatural desperate look in his eyes. A few feet away from him his torch sat half buried in snow, submerged and extinguished from its hurried abandonment. It didn't take long for Liquid to lock eyes with his team, shooting them a look that screamed 'do something'. Stern faced and bruised, Eli shot a black eye towards the rock face and back over and over. Its edges were doused in ice, and he was slipping.

Below Eli's rock there hung a great beast, far larger than any natural bear. The grisly atrocity would likely surpass two meters in height were it to stand upon hits hind legs. The creature was fat with muscle and fur; it could have eaten Eli a dozen times over and the meal would still leave him hungry. Yet the bear seemed to be as desperate as Eli, and hungrier too. Curiously, it seemed to sniff at his leg, hesitant to pull him down and tear him to shreds. Kicking off the ground slightly with its front paws, it seemed to rest itself upon the rock, its hammering on the rocks beside Eli. With a snort, it opened its jaws wide, tugging lightly on the back of his jacket.

Seeing the boy in danger triggered something in Scott. Perhaps it was the paternity that he had been denied during his own youth. Or perhaps it was his nagging need to do what was 'right'. Propelled by a primal instinct, Cyclops released a blinding ribbon of red from his eyes, the blast pushing the creature from the rock and away from Eli.
W7xm.gif

Distracted by pride, Scott had dismissed the bear into the past tense, and disservice it would not forgive.

View attachment 3669

Towering over Eli, the fur Titan rose onto its hind legs, shaking off the push of Scott's optic blast. Unleashing an ungodly roar, the best began to sprint towards Eli again, seemingly blaming him from Scott's sorry display of force.

The Beast was on top of him, pinning him down with its superior weight and strength.

Scott removed his visor, ready to unleash the full power of his mutation, concealed behind his trembling eyes.

"No! You'll destroy the furs! We need them! The fire's not gonna be enough for the night! We need this! One of you morons better kill this thing the right way!"

Liquid continued to struggle beneath its mighty weight, kicking at the beast's weight again and again, throwing as much snow in its mouth as he could.

A roar of thunder emerged from Hnikar's bodyn likely loud enough to turn the bear's attention to him. Once more, the divine, thundering Hnikar appeared to replace the meeker one. Sparks scattered from his glowing, electrically-charged body.

TUoCCTH.png

"This son of man is merely submitting to the instincts given to him by the circle of life, as are you, I assume," Hnikar speaks, assuming a battle stance, "if you crave a meal with energy most boundless, have at thee!"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi

"I guess the guy just molts a little. I mean, I've been finding feathers in my pants, my hair, my everything. My guess it he got stuck to the knife when he pulled it out, but I was a little busy getting ready for my dramatic entrance. Falling trees and flaming wood was pretty awesome, right? All it needed was a guitar solo!"

When Beetle brought up the idea of working together, Superboy squinted and bit his lip.

"Yeeeaaaahhh about that. I mean, I'm not against us all being buddies and stuff, but Bucky sorta told me to wait here and slow you down. I mean, technically he said to 'deal with you' whilst the others go clear out the lake, but to be real with you? This whole 'kill everyone' plan... isn't as rad as I thought it was gonna be. Like, Angel stopped talking about bring people back to life as soon as he found the Shack. Now he's going all "I will reap justice across this land" and stuff. Not my kinda party, yano?"

"But hey. I've probably said too much already. I guess I'm not gonna be the strong silent super-type at this rate. Might as well hurry up and kick your asses so I can go back to sipping coconut water and wearing those tiny cucumbers on my eyes, ya dig?"
@York @Crow

LnUmVaa.png

"Let's just see who's slowing who down then," Beetle says, forming a blaster on one hand and aiming it at Superboy. It charged a red energy up, preparing to fire...

@Sark @York @Crow

W7xm.gif

View attachment 3669

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]As soon as he struck the water and removed his blade, Hyakkimaru would find a fat, healthy bass skewered on the edge of his arm, perfect for a quick fry up.

[COLOR=#ff0000]"That's incredible!"[/COLOR] Terry cried, picking up a sharpened stick and following him back out into the river. Raising it over his shoulder like he had seen in a movie or two, the Batman followed suit, throwing his stick into the waves to catch... nothing. [COLOR=#ff0000]"Guess its... harder than it looks. You some sorta master fisherman on your world or something? Or can you... talk to fish or something?"
[/COLOR]
[USER=2437]@Jeremi
@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @WaterTeam

"Come to think of it... where are the other teams? I mean, most of Orange Team just vanished into the Jungle... Wally ran off in the same direction. Maybe they're nearby? We might have to send some scouts out before we sleep... I mean... Beetle and Max vanished after Kid Flash ran off, and I haven't seen the Purple, White and Red Teams after... all that happened in the clearing. You seem to be handling things the best, Hex... what do say we should do about them? Hide until the week ends, and get blow up with the island? And how can we hide when we don't know what we're hiding from or where its hiding?"

If Nezumi chose to investigate the fruit further, he would find that its core seemed to glow through its soft almost squishy skin. It seemed juice and soft, and didn't seem to glow with any of nature's warning colors. However, the only way to truly test how safe the fruit was would be to take the plunge and taste some and see if his body tried to tell him if it was a no-go.
@Takumi

@York @Crow

From the top of the cliff face, Vanitas' sight stretched out across the northern half of the Island. He could clearly make out the silhouettes of Shazam and Jak venturing off into some nearby caves, his line of sight not yet restricted by mountain's stony walls. If he turned his attention eastward, he could make out what appeared to be a collection of small buildings carved into the face of a distant small mountain at the heart of the Drylands. His route to it would lead him through the hottest region of the desert, but it would guarantee him some food, water, shade and perhaps some other resources at the end of it all. If he turned his attention outside of the Drylands, he would be able to clearly make out a group of survivors setting up camp along the banks of a river, blissfully picking fruit and catching fish. Much of the rest of the jungle lied behind a veil of trees, and remained hidden from him.

@Gummi Bunnies

The cave system seemed to stretch on forever, twisting and turning again and again. Every now again, small ribbons of sunlight seemed to dance through the cracks in the ceiling, reminding them that they were not going underground, but instead, over it.

Though following the network of caves seemed easy enough, the route eventually came to a fork, leaving the team with two possible routes down which they could continue travelling- a left path, from which what sounded like running water could be heard, and a right path, from which they could hear nothing but a faint rumble.

@dark @Alex Azure @Lucky

As Jak and Shazam passed over the ridge, they could see the northern clearing exposed in all its glory. Flat plains seemed to stretch on forever, with a few perfectly rounded hills and trees scattered around the place. At the base of the waterfall sat a beautiful pool of fresh water, which seemed to connect to a small cave, which could provide them with enough shelter from the night, whilst also concealing them behind a wall of water. Further across the region, the team could see a series of lakes, which would no doubt yield better fish and host healthier plants than the mostly rocky banks of the waterfall. Should they chose to avoid the water, they could try exploring some of the areas concealed behind patches of trees, or press on until they reached the Island's coast.

@Lucky @dark @Alex Azure[/CENTER]
[/user]

Oh God...Loa reacted on instinct and tried to get through the snow as fast as she could. If this was the only way to rescue Eli then she'd have to do it. As she got close she reached out towards the bears head in an attempt to use her powers against it. Eli was right they will be needing more than just the fire to keep them warm, so disintegrating the head should keep everything else in shape, right?

Ugh...why did this happen to her?

"While getting all of us together would be the best outcome, I don't think that will happen,"
Laura replied to Terry. "What I believe we should be doing is finding the means to somehow rescue all of us from this island. Some way to find Arcade's hiding place. While he might possibly entice others to his side, he is still the biggest threat to us. He is no doubt watching us right now. That might also be a priority after we settle in. To eliminate prying eyes."

W7xm.gif

View attachment 3669

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]As soon as he struck the water and removed his blade, Hyakkimaru would find a fat, healthy bass skewered on the edge of his arm, perfect for a quick fry up.

[COLOR=#ff0000]"That's incredible!"[/COLOR] Terry cried, picking up a sharpened stick and following him back out into the river. Raising it over his shoulder like he had seen in a movie or two, the Batman followed suit, throwing his stick into the waves to catch... nothing. [COLOR=#ff0000]"Guess its... harder than it looks. You some sorta master fisherman on your world or something? Or can you... talk to fish or something?"
[/COLOR]
[USER=2437]@Jeremi
@Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @WaterTeam

@Takumi

@York @Crow

@Gummi Bunnies

@dark @Alex Azure @Lucky

@Lucky @dark @Alex Azure[/CENTER]
[/user]

tumblr_inline_pepunuWH3f1sfrtcl_100.png

"Hm. This is...not natural at all." Nezumi said as he looked down at the fruit. Taking a bite after a short time studying it, he let it sit in his mouth for a minute to see if it effected him in anyway, and if it was somehow poisonous he'd immediately try to spit it out.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Water Team

---

tumblr_ppuiybIbAV1sfafj7_100.jpg

Alice pulled out her gun, aiming for the bear's head, only for Loa to charge in then and the blonde hesitated a moment.

tumblr_ppsuxiLrWW1sfafj7_100.jpg

"Tch. No clear shot." She grumbled, though if Loa and Hnikar somehow didn't succeed she'd be ready to take the shot.

❝ ... taught myself. ❞ It took a moment for Hyakkimaru to figure out how to answer that with the limited vocabulary he had. Maybe he appeared that skilled to Terry, but if it helped with surviving, it shouldn't be a problem. Then came the fact that he may have to fish more than he would when it was just him and Dororo back home. He scanned his "sight" over the others present near the riverside. A lot more people judging from their energy signatures, or at least a lot more than two people including himself.

❝ I stay here. River has fish. I can catch. ❞ Hyakkimaru figured he would stick around since catching one fish was too little of a haul to call it quits for the day. With the freshly caught bass stuck through his right arm's sword, Hyakkimaru kept a tight grip on his right arm sheath with his left, then raising his left arm so he could take it that off by biting down on the prosthetic with his mouth to hold it. Doing so, he readied both of his arm blades for more impromptu sword-fishing. If there was no sudden ambushes this early on, he saw this as a breather to prepare and settle at a proposed campsite as suggested.

@WaterTeam
"That... cool" Terry muttered, pulling his stick from the sand and making his way back to the shore. Before Terry could finish his work, Hyakkimaru would have caught a further two bass, one large and one small. "Good talk, man. Good talk. I'll go... Er... finish that fire"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Sark @WaterTeam
"I'd be willing to join a scouting group, if it will give us more of an advantage," Xiayu said. But for now, she crossed her arms, expressions more obvious now without her mask. "I do wonder...if there are more than one of us left at the end of this week, how does he decide who survives? Will any of us survive, in that case?"

"Oh, please!" Jianyu scoffed. "We're still gonna find this guy and force him to send us back! As if we're all gonna kill each other..." Okay, yeah, maybe if Xiayu or someone here got threatened, then she might get a liiiiittle bit violent. But come on. With their nice little camp, that was totally not happening. "Anyway, if we got Terry setting up the camp and Hyakkimaru fishing, I can go scouting, too." That way she could both stay with her big sis AND avoid doing physical labor! Yes!

@Sark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York
"Hate to be a downer, but my guess would be that he plans on killing everyone who sticks around come the end of the week. Unless there's one winner, of course, but I doubt that whoever takes home the belt in the end is going to be anything like the person they were when they arrived" After a minute of absent mindlessly smashing two rocks together, Terry had a spark, igniting the bundle of dried grass that sat between his legs. 'I guess that's what Arcade's plan's all about. Either you die for Arcade, or you kill for Arcade and then become Arcade. I guess the only other way would be to kill Arcade, but even that would play into his hand" Staring into the fire with tired eyes, Terry sighed, slouching further into himself. "I guess if you look at it that way, Arcade has already won..."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York

"While getting all of us together would be the best outcome, I don't think that will happen," Laura replied to Terry. "What I believe we should be doing is finding the means to somehow rescue all of us from this island. Some way to find Arcade's hiding place. While he might possibly entice others to his side, he is still the biggest threat to us. He is no doubt watching us right now. That might also be a priority after we settle in. To eliminate prying eyes."

"You're right... Didn't he mention something having hidden cameras? And having viewers on top of that? I guess that must mean he can hear us too. Its gonna be hard to plot against him whilst he's still looking over out shoulders, that's for sure..." Terry seemed to shudder under the weight of the idea of being watched. For a man who spent half his time in the field under an advanced cloaking device, he couldn't help but feel exposed by the whole situation. "Wait... define 'eliminate'... and define 'prying eyes'... you think he's got spies about the place or something?"

tumblr_inline_pepunuWH3f1sfrtcl_100.png

"Hm. This is...not natural at all." Nezumi said as he looked down at the fruit. Taking a bite after a short time studying it, he let it sit in his mouth for a minute to see if it effected him in anyway, and if it was somehow poisonous he'd immediately try to spit it out.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Water Team
The moment the fruit touched his tongue, Nezumi would find himself overwhelmed by the greatest sensation he had ever experienced. It tasted amazing. It was like eating all his favorite foods at once, yet somehow they mixed and merged together in a way that neither clashed with nor contradicted each other. In short, it was delicious, and the tree didn't seemed to lack for fruits, to say the least.

"Let's just see who's slowing who down then," Beetle says, forming a blaster on one hand and aiming it at Superboy. It charged a red energy up, preparing to fire...

@Sark @York @Crow
@ConnerKillCrew
"Oh hell yeah!" Superboy cried, disappearing behind a nearby tree in a flash. "I was hoping you'd put on a show, bug brain! I mean, if this thing is being recorded, I'd hate for your quick and boring butt-kicking to not make it to air!"

Taking the trunk of the tree within his arms and ripping it from the earth, Conner began to spin around at a remarkable pace. As soon as he felt as if he had reached a high enough speed, he allowed himself to cut lose, sending the enormous tree trunk hurtling down towards Jaime and his charging blast.

"Batterrrrr Up! Hope you're good at hitting fastballs, man! 'Cause there's more where that came from!"

@York @Crow
A roar of thunder emerged from Hnikar's bodyn likely loud enough to turn the bear's attention to him. Once more, the divine, thundering Hnikar appeared to replace the meeker one. Sparks scattered from his glowing, electrically-charged body.

"This son of man is merely submitting to the instincts given to him by the circle of life, as are you, I assume," Hnikar speaks, assuming a battle stance, "if you crave a meal with energy most boundless, have at thee!"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi
Whilst a noise as loud a crackling thunder might have deterred any natural beast, the Bear, in all its fury, was simply spurred on by Hnikar's sudden transformation. With Eli's shirt now held firmly between its jaws, it began to carry the boy across the clearing, heading towards the expanded Red Team.

"Be careful, Hnikar! If Eli's touching that animal whilst you're zapping it he'll be fried...
"

"And burn the meat!"

"Forget about the meat!"

"Forget about the meat? Don't you dare forget about the meat! We'll all starve!"

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi
Oh God...Loa reacted on instinct and tried to get through the snow as fast as she could. If this was the only way to rescue Eli then she'd have to do it. As she got close she reached out towards the bears head in an attempt to use her powers against it. Eli was right they will be needing more than just the fire to keep them warm, so disintegrating the head should keep everything else in shape, right?

Ugh...why did this happen to her?
Trying to touch the bear's head only seemed to make things worse, with the presence of yet more fingers around its eyes pushing it deeper and deeper into its primal rage. Spitting and snarling the beast dropped Eli for a heart beat and pinned him back down to the snow with a mighty paw; it appeared as if it mean had just gotten a little bit larger. Propelled by fear and fury, the Beast reared its mighty head before lunging forward, seeking to hold of Loa's outstretched hand with its mighty, stinking jaws.

Alice pulled out her gun, aiming for the bear's head, only for Loa to charge in then and the blonde hesitated a moment.

tumblr_ppsuxiLrWW1sfafj7_100.jpg

"Tch. No clear shot." She grumbled, though if Loa and Hnikar somehow didn't succeed she'd be ready to take the shot.

As the bear turned its head to attack Loa, the bullet once aimed at its head was now aimed at its torso. Her last resort shot collided with the beast's underbelly, forcing it to unleash an ungodly howl. With an inhuman rage in its eyes, it rolled its head back down to its targets, trampling Eli and continuing to claw at Loa's shadow. With two parties now it such close proximity to the beast, another shot could spell either salvation or disaster for the Red Team.

"Keep it distracted, Loa!" Scott called from the ridge. "If you and Eli can get out of that thing's way, Alice might have a shot at taking it out from a distance with a couple more shots! You think your powers could get the two of you up the rock Eli was climbing? There rest of us will do what we can to keep it distracted!"

Ratchet- Purple Team

8e1fcf3d00f3fc9a6df200d53f2fe95a.jpg

It didn't take long for Ratchet himself to turn only to hear noises. "Pssst, Harry, we have company and I don't think they want to save us."

Luckily I have the perfect weapon for this situation.

latest

As the Universed popped up, they caught Ratchet's attention first and the OmegaTech Frost Cannon was turned on. "Sorry to ruin your mission, boys or whatever the hell you guys are. But see ya.

As the Frost Cannon trigger was pressed, the ice beam would land on the Universed and freeze them into icicles.

Ratchet would smash the dark creatures into dust after.

"That... cool" Terry muttered, pulling his stick from the sand and making his way back to the shore. Before Terry could finish his work, Hyakkimaru would have caught a further two bass, one large and one small. "Good talk, man. Good talk. I'll go... Er... finish that fire"

"Hate to be a downer, but my guess would be that he plans on killing everyone who sticks around come the end of the week. Unless there's one winner, of course, but I doubt that whoever takes home the belt in the end is going to be anything like the person they were when they arrived" After a minute of absent mindlessly smashing two rocks together, Terry had a spark, igniting the bundle of dried grass that sat between his legs. 'I guess that's what Arcade's plan's all about. Either you die for Arcade, or you kill for Arcade and then become Arcade. I guess the only other way would be to kill Arcade, but even that would play into his hand" Staring into the fire with tired eyes, Terry sighed, slouching further into himself. "I guess if you look at it that way, Arcade has already won..."

"You're right... Didn't he mention something having hidden cameras? And having viewers on top of that? I guess that must mean he can hear us too. Its gonna be hard to plot against him whilst he's still looking over out shoulders, that's for sure..." Terry seemed to shudder under the weight of the idea of being watched. For a man who spent half his time in the field under an advanced cloaking device, he couldn't help but feel exposed by the whole situation. "Wait... define 'eliminate'... and define 'prying eyes'... you think he's got spies about the place or something?"

The moment the fruit touched his tongue, Nezumi would find himself overwhelmed by the greatest sensation he had ever experienced. It tasted amazing. It was like eating all his favorite foods at once, yet somehow they mixed and merged together in a way that neither clashed with nor contradicted each other. In short, it was delicious, and the tree didn't seemed to lack for fruits, to say the least.

@ConnerKillCrew
"Oh hell yeah!" Superboy cried, disappearing behind a nearby tree in a flash. "I was hoping you'd put on a show, bug brain! I mean, if this thing is being recorded, I'd hate for your quick and boring butt-kicking to not make it to air!"

Taking the trunk of the tree within his arms and ripping it from the earth, Conner began to spin around at a remarkable pace. As soon as he felt as if he had reached a high enough speed, he allowed himself to cut lose, sending the enormous tree trunk hurtling down towards Jaime and his charging blast.

"Batterrrrr Up! Hope you're good at hitting fastballs, man! 'Cause there's more where that came from!"

@York @Crow

Whilst a noise as loud a crackling thunder might have deterred any natural beast, the Bear, in all its fury, was simply spurred on by Hnikar's sudden transformation. With Eli's shirt now held firmly between its jaws, it began to carry the boy across the clearing, heading towards the expanded Red Team.

"Be careful, Hnikar! If Eli's touching that animal whilst you're zapping it he'll be fried...
"

"And burn the meat!"

"Forget about the meat!"

"Forget about the meat? Don't you dare forget about the meat! We'll all starve!"

Trying to touch the bear's head only seemed to make things worse, with the presence of yet more fingers around its eyes pushing it deeper and deeper into its primal rage. Spitting and snarling the beast dropped Eli for a heart beat and pinned him back down to the snow with a mighty paw; it appeared as if it mean had just gotten a little bit larger. Propelled by fear and fury, the Beast reared its mighty head before lunging forward, seeking to hold of Loa's outstretched hand with its mighty, stinking jaws.

As the bear turned its head to attack Loa, the bullet once aimed at its head was now aimed at its torso. Her last resort shot collided with the beast's underbelly, forcing it to unleash an ungodly howl. With an inhuman rage in its eyes, it rolled its head back down to its targets, trampling Eli and continuing to claw at Loa's shadow. With two parties now it such close proximity to the beast, another shot could spell either salvation or disaster for the Red Team.

"Keep it distracted, Loa!" Scott called from the ridge. "If you and Eli can get out of that thing's way, Alice might have a shot at taking it out from a distance with a couple more shots! You think your powers could get the two of you up the rock Eli was climbing? There rest of us will do what we can to keep it distracted!"

"I mainly implied the cameras, but I guess can't really say if he has actual spies in our midst,"
Laura replied. "The only thing we can do is remain vigilante."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York @Sark

"Not with out crumbling the entire thing!" She shouted over to Cyclops as she scrambled to try and get Eli away from the bear. At this point it was no longer about food or fur, it was about survival. "Get behind me," She commanded making her a wall between Eli and the bear if it decided to attack them again. If it attacks it's going to have one less paw to worry about, Loa thought to herself.

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Crow @RedTeam @Jeremi[/QUOTE]

@ConnerKillCrew

@York @Crow

"

"And burn the meat!"

"Forget about the meat!"

tumblr_inline_pepunwP4Xc1sfrtcl_100.png

"!" Nezumi's eyebrows shot up in surprise at the flavors. One wouldn't think stew would be something to taste from a fruit but-

tumblr_inline_pepuo0xiyC1sfrtcl_100.png

"Huh....this actually tastes pretty good. If I end up dead later tonight without explanation we'll likely know why." He spoke almost sarcastically after a moment.

As Terry brought up the whole killing for sport thing and killing Arcade, Nezumi rolled the fruit in his hand a bit.

"About that whole becoming Arcade thing- I'm not sure if you noticed with some of our fellow captives, but they seem just as fucked up as Arcade already." He shrugged. "For now all we'll have to do is survive and work together while we can." He added. Dealing with Arcade and any possible loopholes could come later.

@Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Atomic Knight @Water Team

---

"Even if I tried my magic they're still at risk of getting burned..." Alice said, before a frustrated growl escaped from her. This whole situation just plain sucked! Fuck Arcade!

@Sark @Jeremi @Crow @Atomic Knight @Red Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back