Side Story Champions of the Arena III: Cursed Company

"Sorc Tormo was no protagonist."

From off in the corner of the room, a young man dressed in samurai armor spoke, having stayed out of the way of the...whatever had just happened. He'd been ready to aid Daniel and Ouka when they'd stepped in, but the two handled themselves well so there was no need. "So long, but it feels like no time at all has passed...for me, at least." He tpuched his face, just to make sure he wasn't aging like his former colleague had been. "Has it been a while, Arcade?" He can't really remember much of what happened after Prudence, whether that's by design, because of that simulation, or something else entirely.

In the meantime, another person was staying away from the rest of the group, quietly keeping to herself. No one here she recognized...she hoped that didn't mean what she thought it meant.
"Protagonist, antagonist, same difference!" Arcade shrugged off Yashamaru's concern. "You'll have to forgive my slippery, slipping tongue, Old Friend. It really has been a while since we last met. It's been a grueling 21 minutes, let me tell you. Time away from one's buddies reaaalllly ages a guy."
"You? I remember your 'character' dying, and let me tell you, it'd have been better if you stayed dead." Shion mumbled under his breath.

"Tormo wasn't really human." Ouka spoke up from where he stood, weapon still in hand as he watched the other's talk.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Ver @Everyone
"Eh? Wawaztha?" Arcade hunched in Shion's direction. He cupped his hand over his ear and started to squint. "Speak up a lil, young man. You see, I spent a lot of time around explosions, back in my day. My ears aren't exactly in peak working condition. What did you say, good fellow?"

As Daniel let go of the crocodiles, he gave Ouka a small glance. His heart was still racing but he managed a brief smile. It didn't last for long though as he squared his gaze on Arcade, now looking furious. Water crashed around him and he reached out toward the man. "What kind of trick are you playing now?!" Daniel demanded of him. His age and his words made no sense to the boy. "You're a bully! Why don't you just go away?!"
"PFFT!" Arcade scoffed, falling back into his cane. "Tricks? Tricks are a young man's came! Tricks are for whippersnappers! For ankle biters! Kiddywinks! I'm past all that now. Let's all take a deep breath. Let's all take it easy. Let's all take a deep breath..." The codger patted down his jacket with his spare hand. "I could have sworn that I had a pack of bon-bons hidden away in this coat... Maybe a pack of mints or something..."

Phi was observing casually. She did not at all like her initial impression of the old man. Even less so once he made clear who he was. Considering what everyone was saying, this was definitely a puzzle box kind of situation.

"Cut the crap," she said to Arcade. "We don't need surprises. And it looks like that kid will go nuclear on you if you don't start being more helpful. I think everyone should be frank and just state what they know."
"Ooohhh I wouldn't worry about him!" Arcade chuckled dryly. "He's harmless... so long as you don't bring up his brother. So nobody. Nobody mentioned his brother. He doesn't like that. So don't do it. Do you all hear me? Do not mention Sean Diaz. Don't do it. Just don't. Not even once. Do not. Did you all catch that? For those who didn't: do not mention Daniel Diaz's brother, Sean. Because... if someone were to do that... oh boy..."
"You're a liar, I can tell," Josuke simply says, very clearly pissed.
"Eww. No." Mr.Cade recoiled, a look of disgust pinned to his face. "I haven't lied in about anything in about... a day? Scratch that. If withholding information counts as lying, then sure. I told a bunch when we arrived in District Z. Not that you were there for that, but hey. Consider this confession a sign of my honest character. I don't lie... anymore."

Shang Tsung in turn gave Arcade a polite smile for his question. "Oh, it had more to do with the predicament we had been forced in with your...guards." A small look of disdain escaped from his face as he looked at the carnage around him before looking back at Arcade. "If you are the proprietor of this establishment then I would hope we'll be compensated...well the ones that didn't provoke these creatures after all. Otherwise well...I could even write a poor review."
"Oh, I wouldn't say 'forced'. My 'guards' are-- cover your ears, Croc." Arcade presented the Croc with his orders, and the creature obeyed his commands without questions. Two, rubbery hands squeaked into place. "--They're horribly stupid. I mean, they're heads are full of air. What were you expecting? Irrefutable arguments? You could have told them anything, and they would have probably believed you. But that's besides the point. This sorry show should not have gone on for as long as it has. You'll be compensated for your troubles, and handsomely so." Mr.Cade straightened out his spine at the mention of a review. He slicked down his hear with a spit-soaked palm. "Oh, let's not talk about such things! There's no need to go that far. We've earned our Perfect Rating. We'd hate to lose it over this... petty misunderstanding. I'll reset your memories and send you back into the illusion shortly. Your holiday will continue as planned, and you'll be none the wiser. And when its done? You'll be refunded the full price of admission. How does that sound? Sounds pretty damn fine- maybe even generous- if you ask me!"

In conjunction with Shang Tsung's own response, Fushimi adjusted his glasses, the lens shimmering through the light. "Yes, something like what the old man said. It would be a shame if this business took a dive... and its owners ended up sleeping with the fishes," he only said, letting Shang Tsung be the voice of diplomacy, for better or for worse.
"Hey-hey-hey, the Compendium Memorial Resort has a strict No-Killing-Mr. Cade policy!" Arcade stammered, his brow tensing. "And, when you arrived, you signed a very long, very detailed user-agreement swearing that you would follow said rule, just as you promised that you wouldn't break the illusion, curse, or run near the pool! I will forgive your threats this time, sir, but if you break another rule... oohhh..." Arcade's face twisted up, as if he had just sucked upon a lemon. "I might just... ohhh... I might just shake my fist in your general direction!!"

As Arcade made his presence felt Cyborg Superman subsided with his assault.

"I do not much care for tricksters and half-truths." The glare he gave the old man would have ignited a lesser man. "Tell us why we are here and what you are forcing us to do."
"Forcing you? Nobody at the CMR is forced to do anything!" Arcade snickered smugly. He shook his head. "No. The words 'forced' and 'relaxation' rarely go hand in hand, good sir. 'Forcing' our guests to do anything would be really bad for business. You guys are here by your own free wills! Or, at least, by the free wills of your past selves. You don't remember signing up to the Pensioner Experience, sure, but that's the whole point! How could you possibly relax whilst thinking about all your bills and bonds! The Pensioner Experience is one of bliss. Your troubles are temporarily deleted from your memories so that you can fully enjoy the Resort. For their own safety, most of our guests are confined to the Resort's grounds." Mr.Cade fiddled with the tip of his cane. It started to beep, bubble and bop. "But, if you really want to go home... I'm sure we can make an exception. There will be a small cancelation fee, of course, but once that's been paid, I'm sure we can make an exception and send you all on your merry ways."

It was probably for the best that Zora kept Eren from actually attacking the inflatable crocodiles, or else he would've missed another face joining in. Someone who apparently arranged all of this. He needed to get to the bottom of this now. Lowering his blade but keeping a tight grip with one hand, he moved his way angrily over to Arcade.

❝ I don't really know what you're getting at here, but you better give me a good reason on why I should stick around to begin with. ❞ Eren made his demand clear, and only spared a moment to think about his next words before continuing. ❝ Make it quick too, because I'm pretty keen on trashing your resort right about now. ❞ He was practically staring daggers at the older man, his free hand raised near mouth, steam continuing to come out of the now bruised wrist as if it was never cut at all.

Mato mentally hoped that there wasn't any further violence, but was starting to doubt it with the loss of life already with the crocodiles. Distancing herself away from the rising tensions, she heard bits and pieces about how this wasn't the first occurrence of this kind of event according to Shion.

❝ U-um... does that mean that there's more we have to be prepared for? ❞ She asks with a nervous tone.
“Y’alls bettah stop actin’ like we know whuts goin’ on, cuz we don’t,” Zora said, “We were jus’ tryna get uh grip on all dis,”

“Now, let us ahll go. Nun uhv us sahned up fo’ dis, even if yerr as truthful as ya claim,”

"Preparations..."
Mr. Cade muttered to himself. "What could you possibly be preparing for? You're all guests at this fine res---" He stopped mid word. The gears behind his eyes slowly started to grind and turn. The penny was slowly dropping. "Oh! I get it! I finally get it! You guys aren't guests here! You're not supposed to be here at all! You were bought here to relax... you must be here to work!" He placed a hand upon the backs of Mato and Zora and pushed them towards the Bar and Grill. "It's the only rational explanation! Forgive me! I should have sent an emissary down here to receive you! My, you must be so very, very confused! Seeing all my inflatable laborers about the place must have gotten you all worked up! But let me assure you, they have no intention of stealing your jobs. The Crocs have their uses, sure, but they don't exactly excel in the entertainment department."

"Boss?"

"I told ya to keep ya ears covered, Croc!" Arcade shook his head. "Sorry. Where were we? Oh, yes I remember now! The bar!" He gave the pair a light push through the short, saloon doors that separated the counter from the rest of the restaurant. "Now I know that the party is supposed to be a surprise and all, but I need to see what you guys can do! I want one of you guys to prepare me a Bad-Girl-Brandy Alexander and a Yasha-Martini, and I want the other to make me a Chili-Chise-Burger, a Bacon-Hearts-Sarnie and a Kayn-bab with Rhaast Ranch Dressing! All the ingredients and tools and crap you could possibly want are under the bar! Oh! And don't forget to do all the cool crap bartenders do in the movies! Like juggling bottles and knives and shit! Go put on a show!"

Mr.Cade threw himself onto a stool and span it around on the spot.

"And you! All of you other guys! Are you guys on the waiting staff, or the entertainment staff? Can anyone here do magic? Like sword swallowing? Or escapology! Who here wants to be wrapped in chains and dropping into a box of killer bees?!"

For a quick, quiet moment, you could have sworn that you heard a voice tickling the back of your mind.

"K--- --c--e --b---, l--- -e a------. -e------, w- ---- w--- -o- -i-."
"-i-- a-----, -r -o-t. Y--- --o---. M--- -t --i--."
"---l -----e, -n- -o---- -e-- h---."

It must have been your imagination, right?

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @TheBar

"Preparations..." Mr. Cade muttered to himself. "What could you possibly be preparing for? You're all guests at this fine res---" He stopped mid word. The gears behind his eyes slowly started to grind and turn. The penny was slowly dropping. "Oh! I get it! I finally get it! You guys aren't guests here! You're not supposed to be here at all! You were bought here to relax... you must be here to work!" He placed a hand upon the backs of Mato and Zora and pushed them towards the Bar and Grill.

View attachment 8998

"'Ey! Whuddya think yerr doin'?" Zora protests, but Mr. Cade doesn't seem to be relenting, pushing both her and Mato into the room.

"Now I know that the party is supposed to be a surprise and all, but I need to see what you guys can do! I want one of you guys to prepare me a Bad-Girl-Brandy Alexander and a Yasha-Martini, and I want the other to make me a Chili-Chise-Burger, a Bacon-Hearts-Sarnie and a Kayn-bab with Rhaast Ranch Dressing! All the ingredients and tools and crap you could possibly want are under the bar! Oh! And don't forget to do all the cool crap bartenders do in the movies! Like juggling bottles and knives and shit! Go put on a show!"

Zora snarled, god what a prick. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. The cowgirl turned to Mato, a girl she towered over.

"Who thuh hell dus dat guy think he is, huh?" Zora mutters under her breath, "Dat girl's clearlee in hah-skewl, she ain't sum cook,"

Then, she heard it, the voices.

View attachment 8999

"Didja hear dat?" Zora whispered to Mato, a grin very present on her face "Sumthin's happenin',"

"Which wun yew chewzin'?"
she then asked Mato, this time not in a sense of being secretive, but just to play along for the time being​

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @TheBar

View attachment 8998

"'Ey! Whuddya think yerr doin'?" Zora protests, but Mr. Cade doesn't seem to be relenting, pushing both her and Mato into the room.

Zora snarled, god what a prick. She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. The cowgirl turned to Mato, a girl she towered over.

"Who thuh hell dus dat guy think he is, huh?" Zora mutters under her breath, "Dat girl's clearlee in hah-skewl, she ain't sum cook,"

Then, she heard it, the voices.

View attachment 8999

"Didja hear dat?" Zora whispered to Mato, a grin very present on her face "Sumthin's happenin',"

"Which wun yew chewzin'?"
she then asked Mato, this time not in a sense of being secretive, but just to play along for the time being​

"I believe I've had enough relaxation for the time being," Shang Tsung remarked to Mr. Cade. "But the compensation is appreciated. At this rate, you will get to keep your perfect score."

Cyborg Superman on the other hand wasn't as amicable. "The only bliss I strive for is the embrace of death. Something you can not provide. This has gone on long enough." He stopped as some faraway voice echoed through his receptors. He said nothing but gave Mr. Cade a continued glare. "Release me. Now."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

View attachment 9005

"Agreement?!" Fushimi clicked his tongue as Arcade further imposed himself upon the bespectacled younger man, though what he exactly meant by his brief outburst was a mystery, instead adjusting his glasses once more. His past in Scepter 4 may have been a strict adherence to order -- and by extension, rules -- but right now, Fushimi quickly felt his patience running low.

"Oh, don't worry. My breaking any rules will be the least of your concern, once I break your--" The young man began to say, before he was suddenly stopped by the strange whisper in the back of his head. It was just faint enough that it didn't disturb him outwardly, but notable enough that he was snapped back into his previous demeanor. Yes, it would be bad if he mucked everything up before seeing what was really in store for them all here.

It would be in his best interest, so to speak.

With that, Fushimi suddenly took a step away from Arcade. "Whatever. I'll play along with this game of yours for now, but you should know. I play to win."

With that, as the older man spun around on the stool, Fushimi said nothing more, only remaining next to Shang Tsung, Zora, and by extension, Mato, having observed the taller woman's sudden reaction in time with the whisper. "I take it I'm not the only one going crazy and hearing voices all of a sudden, am I?" He asked in a droll manner, masking his perplexed state of mind with an outward sense of his usual apparent apathy.

@Capri @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Atomic Knight @Anybody

❝ W-w-wait, I don't think that's what I m- ❞ Mato visibly panicked before being pushed into the bar with Zora, stopping her last word abruptly once realizing that there wasn't much room to talk herself out of this one. She had NO idea what kind of food and beverages Arcade was talking about, and she didn't have the slightest idea on how to prepare any of them. However, she did catch that very faint set of whispers... and it wasn't from her Other Self in her head. Plus, it looked like the others heard it too.

❝ Oh! Umm... I guess I'll try my hand at the burger and stuff... I think I can... ❞ Mato answered Zora, taking a look at the ingredients and cooking utensils they had. Though, she then whispered in a low hushed voice in response to Zora and Fushimi's whispers.
❝ I heard that too. I don't think I recognized the voices. It's different... than the other me that I hear in my head, so I don't know too much about it. ❞

@Capri @Jeremi @Ver @Sark @Atomic Knight @Minerva
@Anybody

Eren felt his eye twitch for a second. Sure, hearing voices from nowhere was not normal at all, but he really was losing his temper fast. Was this shady senior doing this on purpose just to piss him off?

tumblr_inline_p7ggv0ip5O1rhri0x_100.jpg

❝ Hey asshole! Stop ignoring me and answer my damn question. Do you really think I would want to stick around and play along like everything's fine when it's clearly not? Huh?! ❞ Eren stomped his way over to Arcade, getting real frustrated that he wasn't getting anywhere with this.

@Sark
@Everybody

kamen_rider_genm_by_markolios_dahu0bi-pre.png

--Dan Kuroto--
Lives Remaining: 5
@Sark @OpenForInteraction​

The last thing Dan remembers is him tip tapping away on his keyboard, trying his damnest to create a new game that would truly be worthy of his godly talents. Worthy enough that maybe, just maybe Poppy will lay off of him for good long while. With his own ego as his drive, Dan kept on working until suddenly, he blacked out. Thinking that he somehow died from overwork yet again, he expected to respawn in front of his desk, however...

"Nguh--!" The Game Dev snapped awake, sitting on the table where everyone was beforehand. He glanced around, utterly confused. Outside? Since when was he outside his prison?! Did he manage to worm himself out of that blasted device in his death? He let out a sneer before regaining his composure, now sitting in an elegantly comfortable position as he...Observed this new predicament of his.

It seems that this place had drawn some individuals similar to his own. Managing to awaken without any recollection of getting there. Questions thrown left and right on what's going on, who were then promptly asked to make some cocktails for some sort of party.

Of course, being the self-proclaimed god that he is, Dan didn't bother getting up from his seat, most likely to provoke the man barking out orders. Simply letting out soft yet audible chuckles, boasting his genius of breaking out of his prison.

What a madlad.

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Anyone

View attachment 9006

“Looks lahk ahm awn drink duty den,” Zora said, pulling out the recipes for the Bad-Girl-Brandy-Alexander and the Yasha-Martini.

“Who in da hell naymed dese thangs,” Zora said to herself before turning back to Mato and Fushimi.

View attachment 9008

“We jus’ gotta wayt untihl dey come back, ‘n we can ‘ear dem a-gain,” she muttered to them, before continuing to read the recipe.​

Last edited:
"I heard them too," Phi said casually and quietly, only vaguely a part of Fushimi's conversation. Her eyes were on the deteriorating scene before her as the kid fell easily to Arcade's obvious bait.

Daniel let out a growl, eyes fixated on Arcade. He felt rage and anger filling him with no means of letting go of it easily. He knew he should be tired but he was too filled with passionate hate for this man that he didn't feel tired at all.

6j6Ocvg.png

"I wasn't kidding!" Daniel yelled, letting loose a blast of telekinetic energy that was strong enough to knock Arcade off his feet. The blast would narrowly miss Eren, who would feel a force almost like a gust of wind lightly push him back from Arcade.

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

"Protagonist, antagonist, same difference!" Arcade shrugged off Yashamaru's concern. "You'll have to forgive my slippery, slipping tongue, Old Friend. It really has been a while since we last met. It's been a grueling 21 minutes, let me tell you. Time away from one's buddies reaaalllly ages a guy."

"Eh? Wawaztha?"
Arcade hunched in Shion's direction. He cupped his hand over his ear and started to squint. "Speak up a lil, young man. You see, I spent a lot of time around explosions, back in my day. My ears aren't exactly in peak working condition. What did you say, good fellow?"

"PFFT!" Arcade scoffed, falling back into his cane. "Tricks? Tricks are a young man's came! Tricks are for whippersnappers! For ankle biters! Kiddywinks! I'm past all that now. Let's all take a deep breath. Let's all take it easy. Let's all take a deep breath..." The codger patted down his jacket with his spare hand. "I could have sworn that I had a pack of bon-bons hidden away in this coat... Maybe a pack of mints or something..."

"Ooohhh I wouldn't worry about him!"
Arcade chuckled dryly. "He's harmless... so long as you don't bring up his brother. So nobody. Nobody mentioned his brother. He doesn't like that. So don't do it. Do you all hear me? Do not mention Sean Diaz. Don't do it. Just don't. Not even once. Do not. Did you all catch that? For those who didn't: do not mention Daniel Diaz's brother, Sean. Because... if someone were to do that... oh boy..."

"Eww. No." Mr.Cade recoiled, a look of disgust pinned to his face. "I haven't lied in about anything in about... a day? Scratch that. If withholding information counts as lying, then sure. I told a bunch when we arrived in District Z. Not that you were there for that, but hey. Consider this confession a sign of my honest character. I don't lie... anymore."

"Oh, I wouldn't say 'forced'. My 'guards' are-- cover your ears, Croc." Arcade presented the Croc with his orders, and the creature obeyed his commands without questions. Two, rubbery hands squeaked into place. "--They're horribly stupid. I mean, they're heads are full of air. What were you expecting? Irrefutable arguments? You could have told them anything, and they would have probably believed you. But that's besides the point. This sorry show should not have gone on for as long as it has. You'll be compensated for your troubles, and handsomely so." Mr.Cade straightened out his spine at the mention of a review. He slicked down his hear with a spit-soaked palm. "Oh, let's not talk about such things! There's no need to go that far. We've earned our Perfect Rating. We'd hate to lose it over this... petty misunderstanding. I'll reset your memories and send you back into the illusion shortly. Your holiday will continue as planned, and you'll be none the wiser. And when its done? You'll be refunded the full price of admission. How does that sound? Sounds pretty damn fine- maybe even generous- if you ask me!"

"Hey-hey-hey, the Compendium Memorial Resort has a strict No-Killing-Mr. Cade policy!"
Arcade stammered, his brow tensing. "And, when you arrived, you signed a very long, very detailed user-agreement swearing that you would follow said rule, just as you promised that you wouldn't break the illusion, curse, or run near the pool! I will forgive your threats this time, sir, but if you break another rule... oohhh..." Arcade's face twisted up, as if he had just sucked upon a lemon. "I might just... ohhh... I might just shake my fist in your general direction!!"

"Forcing you? Nobody at the CMR is forced to do anything!"
Arcade snickered smugly. He shook his head. "No. The words 'forced' and 'relaxation' rarely go hand in hand, good sir. 'Forcing' our guests to do anything would be really bad for business. You guys are here by your own free wills! Or, at least, by the free wills of your past selves. You don't remember signing up to the Pensioner Experience, sure, but that's the whole point! How could you possibly relax whilst thinking about all your bills and bonds! The Pensioner Experience is one of bliss. Your troubles are temporarily deleted from your memories so that you can fully enjoy the Resort. For their own safety, most of our guests are confined to the Resort's grounds." Mr.Cade fiddled with the tip of his cane. It started to beep, bubble and bop. "But, if you really want to go home... I'm sure we can make an exception. There will be a small cancelation fee, of course, but once that's been paid, I'm sure we can make an exception and send you all on your merry ways."

"Preparations..."
Mr. Cade muttered to himself. "What could you possibly be preparing for? You're all guests at this fine res---" He stopped mid word. The gears behind his eyes slowly started to grind and turn. The penny was slowly dropping. "Oh! I get it! I finally get it! You guys aren't guests here! You're not supposed to be here at all! You were bought here to relax... you must be here to work!" He placed a hand upon the backs of Mato and Zora and pushed them towards the Bar and Grill. "It's the only rational explanation! Forgive me! I should have sent an emissary down here to receive you! My, you must be so very, very confused! Seeing all my inflatable laborers about the place must have gotten you all worked up! But let me assure you, they have no intention of stealing your jobs. The Crocs have their uses, sure, but they don't exactly excel in the entertainment department."

"Boss?"

"I told ya to keep ya ears covered, Croc!" Arcade shook his head. "Sorry. Where were we? Oh, yes I remember now! The bar!" He gave the pair a light push through the short, saloon doors that separated the counter from the rest of the restaurant. "Now I know that the party is supposed to be a surprise and all, but I need to see what you guys can do! I want one of you guys to prepare me a Bad-Girl-Brandy Alexander and a Yasha-Martini, and I want the other to make me a Chili-Chise-Burger, a Bacon-Hearts-Sarnie and a Kayn-bab with Rhaast Ranch Dressing! All the ingredients and tools and crap you could possibly want are under the bar! Oh! And don't forget to do all the cool crap bartenders do in the movies! Like juggling bottles and knives and shit! Go put on a show!"

Mr.Cade threw himself onto a stool and span it around on the spot.

"And you! All of you other guys! Are you guys on the waiting staff, or the entertainment staff? Can anyone here do magic? Like sword swallowing? Or escapology! Who here wants to be wrapped in chains and dropping into a box of killer bees?!"

For a quick, quiet moment, you could have sworn that you heard a voice tickling the back of your mind.

It must have been your imagination, right?

"Your 'character' should've stayed dead." Shion repeated without batting an eye. He watched as Arcade continued being an ass, and crossed his arms a moment.

"By the way, no one likes killer bees." He added, a deadpan look on his face. If what Nezumi had told him about his experience with the bees on that island was what Arcade and the croc had been alluding to, then Shion had an idea where he might have gotten them from. How he did was a matter he didn't want to think much about.

"I heard them too," Phi said casually and quietly, only vaguely a part of Fushimi's conversation. Her eyes were on the deteriorating scene before her as the kid fell easily to Arcade's obvious bait.

Daniel let out a growl, eyes fixated on Arcade. He felt rage and anger filling him with no means of letting go of it easily. He knew he should be tired but he was too filled with passionate hate for this man that he didn't feel tired at all.

6j6Ocvg.png

"I wasn't kidding!" Daniel yelled, letting loose a blast of telekinetic energy that was strong enough to knock Arcade off his feet. The blast would narrowly miss Eren, who would feel a force almost like a gust of wind lightly push him back from Arcade.

@Sark @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Capri @Lucky @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch

While Daniel's earlier smile had been met with a nod of acknowledgment and a slight twitch of Ouka's lips as if he wanted to return the gesture, the older boy simply remained quiet as the rest spoke to Arcade and practically stood like a statue. Though when Arcade started to goad the younger boy, he shifted fron where he stood beside him.

Letting the weapon he created earlier dissolve he leaned forward so the younger boy could get a better look at him.

"Daniel, cut it out. Calm down, can you do that?" Ouka placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"While he deserves it, you're giving him what he wants: a reaction." Ouka added, matter-of-factly.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Yun Lee @Capri @Everyone

Eren felt his eye twitch for a second. Sure, hearing voices from nowhere was not normal at all, but he really was losing his temper fast. Was this shady senior doing this on purpose just to piss him off?

❝ Hey asshole! Stop ignoring me and answer my damn question. Do you really think I would want to stick around and play along like everything's fine when it's clearly not? Huh?! ❞ Eren stomped his way over to Arcade, getting real frustrated that he wasn't getting anywhere with this.

@Sark
@Everybody
"Come on now... what did you say your name was?" Arcade quirked an eyebrow. "There are dozens upon dozens- I dare say hundreds- of reasons to sick around and play! If you're not here to work, then I shouldn't need to remind you that you're standing in the middle of a holiday resort! We've got drinks, water polo, bowls, a mini-cinema, a games lounge, a bee room, a mini-golf course, a waterslide and so much more! There's gotta be something here to keep you entertained! And... of course... if you're like..." Arcade tapped the pads of his index fingers together with mock-nerves. "You can stay for my par-tay...."

Cyborg Superman on the other hand wasn't as amicable. "The only bliss I strive for is the embrace of death. Something you can not provide. This has gone on long enough." He stopped as some faraway voice echoed through his receptors. He said nothing but gave Mr. Cade a continued glare. "Release me. Now."a
"Jeesh, what a downer..." Mr. Cade mumbled to himself as Hank struck him with glare. "If there's anyone here who needs to relax, it's you, Tin-Man. How about you take a few deep breaths, and I'll get one of my crocs to grab you a can of oil or something. Oh, wait!" He snapped his fingers. "I can't do that! Because you blew up all of my crocs, didn't you? I'm more than happy to send you home once you've calmed down. Letting a man with laser vision fly home alone would be like throwing a drunk the keys to a tank. Ever heard of Yoga? Meditation? That-thing-karate-instructors-do-that-kinda-looks-like-a-slow-martial-art-minus-the-kicking? Try some of that, and then I'll happily lead you to the exit... because you're clearly not here to entertain..."

“Looks lahk ahm awn drink duty den,” Zora said, pulling out the recipes for the Bad-Girl-Brandy-Alexander and the Yasha-Martini.

“Who in da hell naymed dese thangs,” Zora said to herself before turning back to Mato and Fushimi.

“We jus’ gotta wayt untihl dey come back, ‘n we can ‘ear dem a-gain,” she muttered to them, before continuing to read the recipe.
❝ W-w-wait, I don't think that's what I m- ❞ Mato visibly panicked before being pushed into the bar with Zora, stopping her last word abruptly once realizing that there wasn't much room to talk herself out of this one. She had NO idea what kind of food and beverages Arcade was talking about, and she didn't have the slightest idea on how to prepare any of them. However, she did catch that very faint set of whispers... and it wasn't from her Other Self in her head. Plus, it looked like the others heard it too.

❝ Oh! Umm... I guess I'll try my hand at the burger and stuff... I think I can... ❞ Mato answered Zora, taking a look at the ingredients and cooking utensils they had. Though, she then whispered in a low hushed voice in response to Zora and Fushimi's whispers.
❝ I heard that too. I don't think I recognized the voices. It's different... than the other me that I hear in my head, so I don't know too much about it. ❞
Mato and Zora's search for recipes proved fruitless. There were no notes, menus or suggestions to imply which ingredients were to be combined with which drinks or anything of the sort. They simply had a shelf of mincemeats, tropical fruits and various liquors to work with. There was a bucket of ice on the corner, a blender on the preparation table and a grill by the back wall.
Arcade had given them some tools. It was up to them to decide what to do with them.

"Ah ah ah less talking, more working! I'm not seeing enough juggling!"

"Your 'character' should've stayed dead." Shion repeated without batting an eye. He watched as Arcade continued being an ass, and crossed his arms a moment.

"By the way, no one likes killer bees." He added, a deadpan look on his face. If what Nezumi had told him about his experience with the bees on that island was what Arcade and the croc had been alluding to, then Shion had an idea where he might have gotten them from. How he did was a matter he didn't want to think much about.
"No kidding, people don't like killer bees," Arcade shrugged matter-of-factly, he smug expression unchanging. "It's implied by the name. Killer bees. They're not 'likable' bees. They're not 'friendly' bees. You're supposed to hate them, junior." He approached Shion and ruffled his white hair. "Yano, back in my day, we didn't say stupid things like that." He chuckled. "The study of killer animals was a topic back in kindergarten! What does the modern school system teach you brats nowadays? Liberal crap, no doubt. How to ask for Handouts 101, Complaining 102, An Introduction to Spending Too Much Time on Your Damn Phones, perhaps?"

Arcade's cane was swept from his grasp. His arms started to windmill. He a dry, gasping scream left his mouth as he slowly tipped back and--

Bonk!

The Old Man's head struck the edge of the pool. There were no more witty remarks. No more quips of quirks. He simply laid there, facedown and motionless, half in the pool and half the dry, concrete land.

"Yeah, very funny Boss." The Croc slowly removed its hands from its ears. "Quit playing around and---"

Arcade didn't stir.

"Boss? BOSS?" The Croc waddled to its master's side. A trembling, hesitant hand drifted towards Arcade's side. He gave his body a little poke. The corpse slipped into the pool. A crimson silhouette stained the stones his skull had struck. The Life Guard stared in disbelief. Its twitched, unable to find the words to say. "He's... He's... He can't... Oh Croc..."

GrampArcade has been Killed!
Killer- Danial Diaz
Charge- Manslaughter

The Croc stared down at its bloodstained hands. "It's all my fault... It's... It's all my fault..." It's fingers drifted to its neck. It plucked upon the plastic stopper that once inflated its rubber hide. With an unflattering pppppfffft, the Final Croc started to deflate, unable to carry the burden of guilt, shame and survival. He didn't want to be the last croc standing. For a moment, there was silence.

Slowly, Forge turned to face Danial, a horrified, haunted look flickering behind his eyes. "What have you done...?" He muttered. "He was unarmed. Harmless. Old. You had no right to--"

PPPPADDDDUUUUURRRHHHH!!!!
PPPPADDDDUUUUURRRHHHH!!!! PPPPADDDDUUUUURRRHHHH!!!!

Party horns. Dozens of them. Footsteps. At least 40 wet feet pitter-pattered towards the Bar. People were clapping. Cheering. Singing. A sparkler started to crackle. A deep commanding voice cleared its throat. The caravan started to sing.

"Happy birthday to you!"
"Happy birthday to you!"
"Happy birthday dear GrampArcade!"
"Happy birthday to---"

Splat!

A freshly baked, triple tiered sponge cake exploded across the floor, extinguishing the 89 candles that had once brought light to its face. The last of the merry band came sudden stop. The singing ceased.
View attachment 9015
"Well..." Glasscade wiped the last specs of cream from his spectacles and unleashed a long, exaggerated sigh. "Looks like someone started the party without us... or, at least... without the rest of us... Damn shame."
View attachment 9016
"Yano... I spent all morning working on that cake..." CarnivArcade tutted. "One of ya filthy animals better dig in and eat this crap off of the floor. I ain't about to see it go to waste."
View attachment 9014
"CarnivArcade, that is decisively improper..." SmArcade brooded. "If fraternizing with you wasn't detestable enough, now you're suggesting we eat floor food? With out bare hands? You're embarrassing yourself, Carn. Worse yet, you're embarrassing me..."
View attachment 9018
"He is y0u, Smarc-Ass..." CyberCade winced. He averted his eyes from the sight of GrampArcade's bloody corpse. He clutched the steel where his mouth had once been. "And s0... s0 was he..."
[Loading Retching Sfx.Mp3]
"We're all y0u. N0w can y0u all c0mp0se y0urselves? We have just been murdered, and by an 0ld friend, n0 less. It is truly a tragic day."
View attachment 9019
"Ay, dry ya robo tears, good fella..." MobstArcade cooed, piffling the Old Man's cane. "We would have probably tied the guy up like a piñata and done the deep ourselves, if Ol' Danny-Boy hadn't beaten us to the bank. Hell, Carni didn't kill him with his killer slugs, I woulda given him some concrete shoes or somethin'..." Mobs swept the chair out from under Kuroto and chuckled dryly as the dev struck the concrete. He sat down in his place. "Quit acting like your gift wasn't gonna explode, Cyb. Grow a pair. Danny-Boy is family. He's one of my boys, and nobody gets to hurt my boys.
"Oh, don't worry. My breaking any rules will be the least of your concern, once I break your--" The young man began to say, before he was suddenly stopped by the strange whisper in the back of his head. It was just faint enough that it didn't disturb him outwardly, but notable enough that he was snapped back into his previous demeanor. Yes, it would be bad if he mucked everything up before seeing what was really in store for them all here.

It would be in his best interest, so to speak.

With that, Fushimi suddenly took a step away from Arcade. "Whatever. I'll play along with this game of yours for now, but you should know. I play to win."
"Heh heh heh..." A gurgling laugh rumbled out of MobstArcade's lips. "I like this kid! He's got... ah... what's the word, GlassCade?"

"Moxie." Glasscade replied with a smirk. "Fun fact: The word 'Moxie' dates back to the 19th century. It was the name of the world's first mass produced soda. It wasn't until the 1930s that the word's meaning changed and---"

"Whatever, Specs..." Mobs silenced his other-self with a wave of his hand. "You got a fat brain. No need to rub it in. You'll have to forgive the twig," The gangster tipped his head to Fushimi. "He likes to show off. But he's right. Ya got moxie. You got drive. Tell me. Are ya all mouth, or do ya got some balls to back up all that pride?" Mobs thinned his eyes. His forehead wrinkled. The corner of his mouth twitched. His fingers traced his knuckles. A second later, his façade cracked. "Ah, I'm just screwing with ya, kid. Welcome to the Resort. Judging by the corpse on the floor, you've already made yourself at home."

While Daniel's earlier smile had been met with a nod of acknowledgment and a slight twitch of Ouka's lips as if he wanted to return the gesture, the older boy simply remained quiet as the rest spoke to Arcade and practically stood like a statue. Though when Arcade started to goad the younger boy, he shifted fron where he stood beside him.

Letting the weapon he created earlier dissolve he leaned forward so the younger boy could get a better look at him.

"Daniel, cut it out. Calm down, can you do that?" Ouka placed a hand on the boy's shoulder.

"While he deserves it, you're giving him what he wants: a reaction." Ouka added, matter-of-factly.
"Looking for a reaction?" SmArcade traced his lips with his thumb. "That doesn't sound like Grandfather. He was senile. He barely understood what he was saying half the time. Believe it or not, he respected you both deeply..." Smarc stepped of Mr. Cade's corpse to shrink the gap between the two boys and himself. "He considered you to be the grandkids he never had. I can't say I ever thought of you that way, but he was always talking about his 'Aging Perspective'. One day, I hope to make sense of his madness. I look forward to becoming him... or a man like him. To see the world through his tired eyes... it must have been fascinating..." Smarc banished the thought with a shake of his head. "Forgive my tangent. I don't think its a coincidence that you've shown up today of all days. Maybe you were meant to kill him. Don't worry. We won't be holding any grudges. Besides the call of destiny, do you have any idea why you're back here? I loath to admit it, but your presence is... an enigma. Now, I think my brothers and I would like to join my in saying:

"Do you know what's going on?"

“- - - l”
Another word, another whisper tickles your mind.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Atomic Knight @Ver

Last edited:
ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Atomic Knight @Ver

"Ah, screw iht,"

Zora snapped her fingers, and the cups filled with the drinks that GrampArcade requested. She wasn't generating it, she was simply dialing the amount of drink in the cup up.

That's when Daniel killed the man. Finally, the guy's dead.

Then more Arcades started coming in, more and more, until SmArcade began to speak.

"Looking for a reaction?" SmArcade traced his lips with his thumb. "That doesn't sound like Grandfather. He was senile. He barely understood what he was saying half the time. Believe it or not, he respected you both deeply..." Smarc stepped of Mr. Cade's corpse to shrink the gap between the two boys and himself. "He considered you to be the grandkids he never had. I can't say I ever thought of you that way, but he was always talking about his 'Aging Perspective'. One day, I hope to make sense of his madness. I look forward to becoming him... or a man like him. To see the world through his tired eyes... it must have been fascinating..." Smarc banished the thought with a shake of his head. "Forgive my tangent. I don't think its a coincidence that you've shown up today of all days. Maybe you were meant to kill him. Don't worry. We won't be holding any grudges. Besides the call of destiny, do you have any idea why you're back here? I loath to admit it, but your presence is... an enigma. Now, I think my brothers and I would like to join my in saying:

"No, ah don' know whut's goin' on, n' quite frankly ah don' really lahk bein kept in thuh dark 'bout ahll this,"

View attachment 9020

"Tell me, tell uhs, whuts goin' awn,"

ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee@Space_Candy @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Atomic Knight @Ver

"Ah, screw iht,"

Zora snapped her fingers, and the cups filled with the drinks that GrampArcade requested. She wasn't generating it, she was simply dialing the amount of drink in the cup up.

That's when Daniel killed the man. Finally, the guy's dead.

Then more Arcades started coming in, more and more, until SmArcade began to speak.

"No, ah don' know whut's goin' on, n' quite frankly ah don' really lahk bein kept in thuh dark 'bout ahll this,"

View attachment 9020

"Tell me, tell uhs, whuts goin' awn,"
“You’re not very bright, are you, girl?” GlassCade interjected with a tut, shoving his hands deep into his pocket. “I set my expectations way too high. Embarrassing. Had we know what was going on, why would we be here, loitering about, wasting our breath, talking to you, huh?”

“Glasses, please stop.” Smarc rubber his temples. “A Cat-Fight will get us nowhere. If they’re not staff, and they’re not guests, and they’re not Arcades, then there is but a single other rational explanation for their presence:”
Smarc slowly opened his eyes and raised them to meet Zora’s.

“They’re spies. Sleeper Agents. Undercover Stooges.” SmArcade reached over the bar and grabbed one of Zora’s freshly prepped drinks. “Now, my skills of deduction are unmatched, so you would be unwise to protest,” He took a sip of the martini, held it in his mouth for a moment, before turning away and spitting it back into the glass. “I don’t know what you might call that, but it is certainly not a YashaMartini.”

“- i - -,” “W- - - -p.”
Another whisper, louder than the last. The words were growling clearer. They were being spoken slower. Deeper. More frequently than before.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva[/USER ]@MagatsuNoImouto [USER=2426]@Atomic Knight @Ver

Last edited:
ZORA SALAZAR
@Sark @EveryoneElse

View attachment 9021

“You bettuh back awf, boy,” Zora said, eyeing SmArcade, “Dem crocs, dat ol’ man, and now all of y’alls been treatin’ us wit’ disrespect. Yew call Danny boy family but den y’all treat ‘im like dirt. Yew sweeped thuh stool frum undah dat suited man’s feet. Yew treat us lahk garbage n’ yet yew ‘spect us to treat yew wit’ ‘ospitality? Bull! Yew ain’t Jesus! Yew ain’t anythang! Now sit down n’ shut up ‘fore ah put a bullet ‘tween yah ahhs, ya hear?”

"Come on now... what did you say your name was?" Arcade quirked an eyebrow. "There are dozens upon dozens- I dare say hundreds- of reasons to sick around and play! If you're not here to work, then I shouldn't need to remind you that you're standing in the middle of a holiday resort! We've got drinks, water polo, bowls, a mini-cinema, a games lounge, a bee room, a mini-golf course, a waterslide and so much more! There's gotta be something here to keep you entertained! And... of course... if you're like..." Arcade tapped the pads of his index fingers together with mock-nerves. "You can stay for my par-tay...."

"Jeesh, what a downer..."
Mr. Cade mumbled to himself as Hank struck him with glare. "If there's anyone here who needs to relax, it's you, Tin-Man. How about you take a few deep breaths, and I'll get one of my crocs to grab you a can of oil or something. Oh, wait!" He snapped his fingers. "I can't do that! Because you blew up all of my crocs, didn't you? I'm more than happy to send you home once you've calmed down. Letting a man with laser vision fly home alone would be like throwing a drunk the keys to a tank. Ever heard of Yoga? Meditation? That-thing-karate-instructors-do-that-kinda-looks-like-a-slow-martial-art-minus-the-kicking? Try some of that, and then I'll happily lead you to the exit... because you're clearly not here to entertain..."

Mato and Zora's search for recipes proved fruitless. There were no notes, menus or suggestions to imply which ingredients were to be combined with which drinks or anything of the sort. They simply had a shelf of mincemeats, tropical fruits and various liquors to work with. There was a bucket of ice on the corner, a blender on the preparation table and a grill by the back wall.
Arcade had given them some tools. It was up to them to decide what to do with them.

"Ah ah ah less talking, more working! I'm not seeing enough juggling!"

"No kidding, people don't like killer bees,"
Arcade shrugged matter-of-factly, he smug expression unchanging. "It's implied by the name. Killer bees. They're not 'likable' bees. They're not 'friendly' bees. You're supposed to hate them, junior." He approached Shion and ruffled his white hair. "Yano, back in my day, we didn't say stupid things like that." He chuckled. "The study of killer animals was a topic back in kindergarten! What does the modern school system teach you brats nowadays? Liberal crap, no doubt. How to ask for Handouts 101, Complaining 102, An Introduction to Spending Too Much Time on Your Damn Phones, perhaps?"

Arcade's cane was swept from his grasp. His arms started to windmill. He a dry, gasping scream left his mouth as he slowly tipped back and--

Bonk!

The Old Man's head struck the edge of the pool. There were no more witty remarks. No more quips of quirks. He simply laid there, facedown and motionless, half in the pool and half the dry, concrete land.

"Yeah, very funny Boss." The Croc slowly removed its hands from its ears. "Quit playing around and---"

Arcade didn't stir.

"Boss? BOSS?" The Croc waddled to its master's side. A trembling, hesitant hand drifted towards Arcade's side. He gave his body a little poke. The corpse slipped into the pool. A crimson silhouette stained the stones his skull had struck. The Life Guard stared in disbelief. Its twitched, unable to find the words to say. "He's... He's... He can't... Oh Croc..."

GrampArcade has been Killed!
Killer- Danial Diaz
Charge- Manslaughter

The Croc stared down at its bloodstained hands. "It's all my fault... It's... It's all my fault..." It's fingers drifted to its neck. It plucked upon the plastic stopper that once inflated its rubber hide. With an unflattering pppppfffft, the Final Croc started to deflate, unable to carry the burden of guilt, shame and survival. He didn't want to be the last croc standing. For a moment, there was silence.

Slowly, Forge turned to face Danial, a horrified, haunted look flickering behind his eyes. "What have you done...?" He muttered. "He was unarmed. Harmless. Old. You had no right to--"

PPPPADDDDUUUUURRRHHHH!!!! PPPPADDDDUUUUURRRHHHH!!!!

Party horns. Dozens of them. Footsteps. At least 40 wet feet pitter-pattered towards the Bar. People were clapping. Cheering. Singing. A sparkler started to crackle. A deep commanding voice cleared its throat. The caravan started to sing.

"Happy birthday to you!"
"Happy birthday to you!"
"Happy birthday dear GrampArcade!"
"Happy birthday to---"

Splat!

A freshly baked, triple tiered sponge cake exploded across the floor, extinguishing the 89 candles that had once brought light to its face. The last of the merry band came sudden stop. The singing ceased.
View attachment 9015
"Well..." Glasscade wiped the last specs of cream from his spectacles and unleashed a long, exaggerated sigh. "Looks like someone started the party without us... or, at least... without the rest of us... Damn shame."
View attachment 9016
"Yano... I spent all morning working on that cake..." CarnivArcade tutted. "One of ya filthy animals better dig in and eat this crap off of the floor. I ain't about to see it go to waste."
View attachment 9014
"CarnivArcade, that is decisively improper..." SmArcade brooded. "If fraternizing with you wasn't detestable enough, now you're suggesting we eat floor food? With out bare hands? You're embarrassing yourself, Carn. Worse yet, you're embarrassing me..."
View attachment 9018
"He is y0u, Smarc-Ass..." CyberCade winced. He averted his eyes from the sight of GrampArcade's bloody corpse. He clutched the steel where his mouth had once been. "And s0... s0 was he..."
[Loading Retching Sfx.Mp3]
"We're all y0u. N0w can y0u all c0mp0se y0urselves? We have just been murdered, and by an 0ld friend, n0 less. It is truly a tragic day."
View attachment 9019
"Ay, dry ya robo tears, good fella..." MobstArcade cooed, piffling the Old Man's cane. "We would have probably tied the guy up like a piñata and done the deep ourselves, if Ol' Danny-Boy hadn't beaten us to the bank. Hell, Carni didn't kill him with his killer slugs, I woulda given him some concrete shoes or somethin'..." Mobs swept the chair out from under Kuroto and chuckled dryly as the dev struck the concrete. He sat down in his place. "Quit acting like your gift wasn't gonna explode, Cyb. Grow a pair. Danny-Boy is family. He's one of my boys, and nobody gets to hurt my boys.

"Heh heh heh..."
A gurgling laugh rumbled out of MobstArcade's lips. "I like this kid! He's got... ah... what's the word, GlassCade?"

"Moxie." Glasscade replied with a smirk. "Fun fact: The word 'Moxie' dates back to the 19th century. It was the name of the world's first mass produced soda. It wasn't until the 1930s that the word's meaning changed and---"

"Whatever, Specs..." Mobs silenced his other-self with a wave of his hand. "You got a fat brain. No need to rub it in. You'll have to forgive the twig," The gangster tipped his head to Fushimi. "He likes to show off. But he's right. Ya got moxie. You got drive. Tell me. Are ya all mouth, or do ya got some balls to back up all that pride?" Mobs thinned his eyes. His forehead wrinkled. The corner of his mouth twitched. His fingers traced his knuckles. A second later, his façade cracked. "Ah, I'm just screwing with ya, kid. Welcome to the Resort. Judging by the corpse on the floor, you've already made yourself at home."

“- - - l”
Another word, another whisper tickles your mind.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Atomic Knight @Ver

"Of course no one likes them, except for maybe you. You're fascinated by them in a way that's annoying, and the fact that Nezumi encountered your modified wasps that you got from our world and put in your arena after you...changed them somehow along with the constant bee related stuff spewing out of your mouth every chance you get is enough proof that you are." Shion snapped, pushing Arcade's hand off his head and taking a deep breath.

Nezumi could have died, and dying from the very things that nearly killed Shion all those years ago? That thought still upset him, angered him, deep down. And the man responsible for it was standing right in front of him, old and gray and seconds away from Shion's fist in his smug face.

Though before he could verbally lash out again, Arcade was attacked and ultimately killed by Daniel. For a moment, the upset subsided and he let what happened process. Then more showed up, causing the red eyed young man to narrow his gaze. This new development was... interesting.

Hm, an illusion was mentioned earlier, perhaps the voice was from someone trying to snap them out of it? Who knew.

When Forge began speaking to Daniel as if he had done one of the most horrid things in the world, Ouka moved between him and the boy.

"He provoked Daniel on purpose for a reaction, he got a reaction and he was simply unfortunate, so-" he started, before the other Arcades showed up. When one of them approached both him and Daniel, the Apprentice tilted his head as a sign of slight confusion as he mentioned grandkids and the like, though kept his hand on Daniel's shoulder in case his emotions spiked.

@Sark @Capri @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Crunch @Minerva @Jeremi @Everyone

The only response the old man got was a cold dead stare. What other drastic measures he would've done we will never know as Daniel killed him. A pity, yet it didn't take long for others of him to arrive. For the time being Hank decided to use his X-Ray vision to find any point of escape or interest in the area.

If the situation impacted Shang Tsung in any way his face didn't betray any emotion. "An interesting way to reveal sleep agents, don't you think?" He addressed all the Arcades. "Wouldn't our skills as assassins had been better covered in secrecy? The situation as it is isn't very plausible."

@Sark @Capri @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Crunch @Minerva @Jeremi @Everyone

Daniel was, at first, silent. He stared at Arcade's still body, eyes widening in realization of what he had done. His arm shook as he retracted it and the boy barely comprehended what was said following his outburst. He was barely comprehending any of this at all to begin with. He just wanted to go home.

"I.. I-I didn't mean it. I didn't. I really really didn't mean it..."

Ouka could feel the boy shivering, growing upset. However, unlike his earlier outbursts, there was no tense energy building in the air. Instead of lashing out, Daniel simply sobbed. It hadn't supposed to be like that.

Suddenly, Phi let out a frustrated noise.

x1EULjX.png

"This is bullshit. They aren't going to tell us anything and I don't think killing more of them is going to get us anywhere."

It seemed to Phi that these... men... didn't entirely know the full picture either. Of course, it could be a bluff. "This whole thing could be a bluff," she said out loud. She hoped wherever that damn whispering was coming from, it would hurry up and wake them from this frustrating scenario.

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver

View attachment 9023

"Heh, sounds about right. Family's overrated anyway, so what's the problem?" Fushimi suddenly said in response to Zora, a rare gesture of amusement tugging at the corners of his lips for a brief moment. It was like a switch was flipped in him that instantly turned his disinterested mien into one of intrigue and amusement. As Daniel's little outburst ended up killing the old man, that was when things got interesting for Fushimi. And then even more interesting as the other Arcades began to fill up the place.

Now they were getting somewhere. The cherry on top was that it wasn't even Fushimi who'd be reaping the aftereffects of killing that old geezer as well! The kid looked pretty shaken by it though, but whatever. Someone was bound to make it happen either way, right? No amount of crying would move the bespectacled man.

At the accusation of being a so-called sleeper agent, Fushimi only outwardly shrugged his arms, neither confirming or denying anything. "Maybe, maybe not. Whatcha gonna do about it if we are?" He asked. For all he knew, this was probably only adding to the fire in some way, but what was life without some heat every now and then?

@Sark @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Capri @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

Daniel was, at first, silent. He stared at Arcade's still body, eyes widening in realization of what he had done. His arm shook as he retracted it and the boy barely comprehended what was said following his outburst. He was barely comprehending any of this at all to begin with. He just wanted to go home.

Ouka could feel the boy shivering, growing upset. However, unlike his earlier outbursts, there was no tense energy building in the air. Instead of lashing out, Daniel simply sobbed. It hadn't supposed to be like that.

Suddenly, Phi let out a frustrated noise.

x1EULjX.png

"This is bullshit. They aren't going to tell us anything and I don't think killing more of them is going to get us anywhere."

It seemed to Phi that these... men... didn't entirely know the full picture either. Of course, it could be a bluff. "This whole thing could be a bluff," she said out loud. She hoped wherever that damn whispering was coming from, it would hurry up and wake them from this frustrating scenario.

@Sark @Takumi @Jeremi @Crunch @Yun Lee @Space_Candy @Capri @Lucky @Minerva @MagatsuNoImouto @Ver

Ouka looked down at Daniel as he sobbed, before placing his hand on the boy's head.

"Stop crying, things like this happen. No more crying." He tried to sooth the other somehow, but wasn't sure of what he was doing. Daniel and Shou cried a lot, but for differing reasons, and it was...he couldn't place the word at the moment.

'Hm, that's odd...' He thought to himself. He just felt a twinge of something, but he wasn't sure what it was.

Shion sighed heavily from where he sat. He just wanted to spend time with Nezumi instead of being here.

@Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @Capri @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

“You bettuh back awf, boy,” Zora said, eyeing SmArcade, “Dem crocs, dat ol’ man, and now all of y’alls been treatin’ us wit’ disrespect. Yew call Danny boy family but den y’all treat ‘im like dirt. Yew sweeped thuh stool frum undah dat suited man’s feet. Yew treat us lahk garbage n’ yet yew ‘spect us to treat yew wit’ ‘ospitality? Bull! Yew ain’t Jesus! Yew ain’t anythang! Now sit down n’ shut up ‘fore ah put a bullet ‘tween yah ahhs, ya hear?”
"Respect must be earned," SmArcade tutted. "Respect must be hard-won. Pointless niceties simply obscure your intentions and slow down the flow of conversations. That said, I advise your to treat us all like the separate beings we now, clearly, are. Mobster Arcade. Carnival Arcade. Glasses Arcade. Cyber Arcade. We're all distinct. Do not blame me for their chair tricks and thoughtless words, and I, in turn, shall not judge you for the sins of your... companions." SmArcade set his drink back down upon the counter. "I am a very patient man, friend, but I don't take kindly to threats. Threaten to shoot me again, and I may be forced to take actions against you. I shall not warn you twice."

"He provoked Daniel on purpose for a reaction, he got a reaction and he was simply unfortunate, so-" he started, before the other Arcades showed up. When one of them approached both him and Daniel, the Apprentice tilted his head as a sign of slight confusion as he mentioned grandkids and the like, though kept his hand on Daniel's shoulder in case his emotions spiked.
"Maybe he was picking a fight, maybe he was just a rambling old moron who spent as much time wiping drool from his chin as he did wagging his chin!" Carnival Arcade snorted at Ouka's defense, his face creasing up like dry leather. "We don't blame ya for killing him. It ain't a big deal. So long as you don't go killin' any more of us, we're cool! Killing Arcades is an Arcade's job. We can't trust you kids to do it properly!" Arcade squatted down beside his exploded cake. He removed a bouquet of spoons from his jacket and offered a pair to Ouka. "Dig in!"

The only response the old man got was a cold dead stare. What other drastic measures he would've done we will never know as Daniel killed him. A pity, yet it didn't take long for others of him to arrive. For the time being Hank decided to use his X-Ray vision to find any point of escape or interest in the area.

If the situation impacted Shang Tsung in any way his face didn't betray any emotion. "An interesting way to reveal sleep agents, don't you think?" He addressed all the Arcades. "Wouldn't our skills as assassins had been better covered in secrecy? The situation as it is isn't very plausible."
"But that's exactly what a spy would want us to think, isn't it?" SmArcade leaned back until his spine touched the bar. "You're hiding in plain sight. A little memory trick here, a little fake amnesia there... You could probably fool any man lesser than I, but, alas for you, you are, in fact, dealing with the best."

"Yeah plausibility isn't exactly 'a thing' here." The cyborg shrugged. "I mean, y0u're talking t0 a Carny, a M0bster, a F0rum M0derat0r, a Self-Pr0fessed P0lymath and a Cyb0rg. We're standing amidst the c0rpses of tw0-d0zen inflatable cr0c0diles. We're spinning 0n a Planet called Malice in a city called 'Murder'. It's all h0rrible irrati0nal, inexplicable and implausible. Right n0w, I'd say literally anything is p0ssible, and n0thing is 0ff the table..."

Ouka looked down at Daniel as he sobbed, before placing his hand on the boy's head.

"Stop crying, things like this happen. No more crying." He tried to sooth the other somehow, but wasn't sure of what he was doing. Daniel and Shou cried a lot, but for differing reasons, and it was...he couldn't place the word at the moment.

'Hm, that's odd...' He thought to himself. He just felt a twinge of something, but he wasn't sure what it was.

Shion sighed heavily from where he sat. He just wanted to spend time with Nezumi instead of being here.

"Awwww, don't cry, kid!" The Carny cooed, his mouth full of cake. "Ye friend is right! People die every day! It ain't worth losing sleep over, believe me. Yano, I killed my first person when I was your age--" He shove another loaded spoonful of floor-cake into his already overflowing cake-hole. "MMMFFF---And I turned out fine!"

At the accusation of being a so-called sleeper agent, Fushimi only outwardly shrugged his arms, neither confirming or denying anything. "Maybe, maybe not. Whatcha gonna do about it if we are?" He asked. For all he knew, this was probably only adding to the fire in some way, but what was life without some heat every now and then?
"To be frank? I don't really know..." Glasses Arcade adjusted his spectacles. "It's been a while since you-know-who sent someone to spy on us. I believe the last time they sent someone our way was... about 10 minutes ago?"

"Oh yeah!" Mobster Arcade chuckled. "Yeah, that was a fun time. The boys and I couldn't decide what to do with the guy, so we decided to share him... Judgement of Solomon style. I got a chunk. Glasses got a chunk. We all got a chunk Best part was that the snitch was still alive when I threw him in the compa--"

"Hey--"
"Hey, kid--"
"Aw, shit, I think I scared hhh----"
"Looks like he's seen ahh--"

"------"
"--- --- - -- -- - -"
"--- - ---- ---- --- --- ----- -"

The whispering grew louder. Louder. Louder. What had once been subtle hissing was now a raging wind. You couldn't hear yourself think. Only hissing. Only hissing. Only hissing!

T H I S I S B U L L S H I T

A switch had been flicked. A dam had broken.

A memory stirred. Trigger phrase accepted.
View attachment 9028
"We'll be sending you in via the Guest Lobby. The company has purchased the Pensioner Package on your behalf. You may suffer from some temporary memory loss after you break free from the 'illusion', but, I assure you, it will not last. Soon, you'll remember all about our agreement. Soon, you'll remember all about our mission. But... should the amnesia persist, this is all you need to keep in mind:

"Arcade must die. We know what you did."

TEAM OBLIVION HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
MISSION: KILL ARCADE(S)

TEAM MEMBERS:
SHANG TSUNG// SHION// PHI// MOLLYMAUK TEALEAF// SUIGETSU HOZUKU// EEVIE FRYE// GODBRAND// AKUMA
^ @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Lucky @Space_Candy ^

View attachment 9032
"I understand that having the memories of a bunch of old people doesn't sound like 'fun', but right now, you're out of options. It's either this, or you spend the rest of your days rotting away inside the slammer. Once you've broken free of the illusion, you're going to want to kill Arcade as quickly as possible and find a way out of the city. It shouldn't be too hard. He's just one guy. But whatever happened to him during the Fall of Prudence... just... keep your guard up. In case your memory gets fucked up on arrival, we've implanted a couple of trigger phrases that should get you back on your feet sooner. Above all else, remember this:

"Arcade must die. It's this or a cell."

TEAM NEXIUM HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
TEAM MEMBERS:

CIRI// SARUHIKO FUSHIMI// ZORA SALAZAR// EREN JAEGER// ALEXANDER ANDERSON// FORGE// ANDROID 17// THE ELEVEN
^ @Minerva @Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch ^

View attachment 9034
"Operation SPITE has begun. The A.I.'s destruction was nothing but a minor setback. We will reclaim the city. You will reclaim the city. P.R.U.D.E.N.C.E.'s dying act was to implant a series of subliminal codes in those fleshy little heads of yours. Don't let the A.I. down. Avenge it. We've smuggled you into the city for a reason.
"Arcade must die. Kill him, or the World Will Find Out.

TEAM PRUDENCE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED!
TEAM MEMBERS:

NAMAE OUKA// YASHAMARU// DANIEL DIAZ// CHASE DAVENPORT// HANK HENSHAW// THE DOCTOR// JAMES R. RHODES// JANET VAN DYNE
^ @Takumi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Jeremi ^

View attachment 9029
"You owe us one. We didn't break you out of that Nexium Holding Facility for nothing. You're going to repay us. You're going to do something for us, and you're going to do it without question. Why? Because we've got something you want. Something you can't replace. Something that's gonna take a suffer a horrible accident unless you start playing ball. Ya see, a lot of people lost a lot of precious shit when those nutjobs blew up District A. It's high time someone made them pay for what they did. It's high time someone made the Champions of the Arena suffer.

"Arcade must die. You're going to him for us. And that's just for starters. Screw it up and... well... I might just have to do something we'll both regret..."

TEAM DEAD HEARTS
TEAM MEMBERS:

MARRIANE VON EDMUND// JOSUKE HIGASHIKATA// DAN KUROTO// AIZAWA SHOTA// MATO KUROI// CONNER KENT// THAAL SINESTRO// JACQUELINE FALSWORTH
^ @Yun Lee @Capri @MagatsuNoImouto @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies ^

The whisper had become a scream. There was only one way to make it stop.
"A R C A D E---MUST---DIE!"

Last edited:
Arcade Must Die.

That was something Yashamaru didn't need to think twice about, really. He had learned enough during his time in Prudence to know that bastard didn't deserve to breathe, and should have stayed dead. He'd make a mad dash towards the nearest Arcade and slice at him with Shanao, his own sword. Questions could be asked later. For now he had a job to do.

In the meantime, Marianne shrank back. She wasn't sure what to think, or what to believe. Microphone gripped tightly in her hands, she decided the best course of action would be to heal anyone who needed it. She had enough blood on her hands as it was.

@Sark @Everyone​

Back