Conley Brothers

Spectra looked up bit didn't get up. She tried to speak but only some horrible croaking sounds came out. She touched the collar with her hand. No speaking either then.
The hand in question was still a bloody mess

Kazimir frowned as he spotted the hand. "Oh dear, that is not good at all," he murmured. He bit his lip. He was not allowed to touch, but he'd noticed Camilla was gone, and the injury needed aid. What to do? After a long moment of thought, he straightened with a smile. "I will be right back!" he promised and trotted away.

One quick trip to Vlad's wagon while Vlad was out and back to the little cage.

"Will you let me look at your paw?" he asked crouching next to the bars. "It looks bad." He held his hand through the bars and waited hopefully.

Spectra held out the deformed hand, it was hard for her not to stare st it. Thick blunted claws on the ends of warped hands with bulging finger joints that made it difficult to bend her fingers much. At least it was Kaz. He would be kind to her. Though hopefully he wouldn't forget to bring her food

Kaz examined the paw as best he could while touching it as little as possible. He frowned a little as their hands touched. The creature's energy... it felt strange. Almost familiar, but not. How odd. He shook off the thought and used a cloth drenched in water to first wash off the appendage then cleaned it with a bit of ointment, finishing by wrapping it with a clean cloth.

"I am sorry, I am not so good at this," he said, fumbling the cloth for the third time before finally getting it tucked in properly. "I would ask Vladimir, but he is busy right now. Do not bite this, yes?"

Spectra didn't move at all as he cleaned and wrapped her up. The pain in her hand was nothing to the pain in her shoulders, sure that Keith had damaged the other one too when he had pulled the box away. Not unlike a bird? Her bones were fragile.

Kazimir sat back and nodded in satisfaction. "Good. You now have a clean bandage." He glanced up. "It grows late. My brother will want me home to eat. Sleep tonight, yes? I will see you in the morning!" He collected the items used and whistled to himself as he walked away.

Spectra watched him go. Deciding she didn't want her friends to realize who she was. She covered herself with the blanket again and curled up on the hard wooden floor of her cage, defeated.

Meanwhile Marcel and his crew were arriving on the outskirts of the circus

"Oh joy another thing you hate? Who gives a shit. You hate everything" V said, glancing over the circus, spotting where the performers carts and wagons were situated.

More specifically she noticed Vlads group

"So do you!" Bevrix pointed out sharply. "Where are we setting up?"

"You have a new job feeding a pet?" Vlad asked Kaz in confusion as he stirred the stew pot.
Kaz nodded proudly as he held out a couple of bowls for Vlad to fill. "Keith gave me the job!"
"Keith? That makes even less sense, but I am glad you are looking forward to it," Vlad said, ladling stew into the two bowls. "Tim! Tam! Food!" He turned and spotted the new people. He straightened, all expression vanishing.
The twins scampered around the wagon to join Vlad, hay still sticking out of their hair from feeding the unicorns.

"But I don't point it out" V retorted without looking over at him.

"No children don't bicker" Marcel said cheerfully "we will set up right with everyone else. We can keep an eye on everything better that way." He spotted a vacant area among the circle "there looks good enough!"

Bevrix was about to retort but reigned it in at Marcel's comment. Silently, he went to pitch his tent, ignoring everyone else. Ugh, clowns! At least this was going to be an easy job. All he had to do was try not to catch anything from the filth, and he could pocket some easy money. Possibly even a little extra.

"Tim, Tam, where is Star?" Vlad asked in a low voice as he handed them their bowls.
"I think he still sleeps," replied Tim.
Vlad nodded quietly. "That is good. Stay here after you finished." He ladled Kazimir his food and handed it toward his brother. Or rather, he handed it to empty space. He looked around frantically. "Kazimir!"

V quietly started to set up her own tent, slightly Way from the others so she could slip away easier whenever she wanted to.

Marcel once more assisted Orryn in setting up his larger canvas tent. Tall enough to stand up right. His often served as their shelter in bad weather and to cook inside when they couldn't have a fire. The traveling group had their system and it worked for them

Asher set up his tent halfway between V's and Marcel's, his eyes downcast. This place was busy and full of life! It made him a little nervous, and nervousness was never a good thing for him.

Kazimir strode boldly up to the group with a huge smile. "Salut ce mai faci! Greetings! You are new performance?"

Marcel smiled back "Sunt bine prieten!" He answered back. Seemed he knew the language.

"no not pperformers. We have come as security for your fine circus home"

Kazimir stopped short and put a hand to his chest. "You understand?" he said, eyes bright. "Vai! It is good to hear the old language spoken! Vladimir!" He turned and gestured to his brother. "Come! Faceți cunoștință cu noile noastre protecții!"

Vlad smiled thinly and raised a bowl to indicate he was eating. The twins looked over curiously but stayed near Vlad, picking up on his vibe.

Kazimir turned Marcel. "Forgive my brother. He is not always welcoming, but he is kind. I am Kazimir, and I am happy you are here!" He stepped forward, arms open wide for a hug.

Marcel laughed "sometimes it is good to be cautious" he grinned and happily enough stepped forward to accept a hug. Someone not sensitive to magic would never guess what he did. He masked well. "Marcel" he introduced himself

V stood just outside her tent and watched them a moment, she didn't understand Romanian. She didn't like not understanding.

"que dit-il?" She decided to ask in French.

"He is welcoming us dear Viviana!" Marcel answered in English. "Come. Meet our new friend!"

Kazimir felt it. He did not know details, but he felt the darkness in his core. For someone so flamboyant and flippant, he hid his repulsion like a professional gambler, never losing his smile as he patted Marcel's back then stepped away neatly, not rushing the hug in the least. His own magic felt lively but weak, especially when compared to this group. He bowed to V. "Viviana? It is lovely to meet such a pretty lady!" he said with honest enthusiasm.

Bevrix gave a wave, being very polite and friendly for him, then went back to trying to peg out his tent properly.

Asher sat in his assembled tent and watched curiously and quietly.

Aella had not yet chosen to make her appearence.

"It's V and don't mock me. It's not nice" she didn't find herself pretty and didn't like it when people said she was.

Marcel chuckled "don't mind her. She is just salty" he said

"Anyway this here is Orryn, Bevrix and Asher" he introduced those who could be seen and smiled brightly "come join us for supper! Caught somw rabbits along the way. Should make a fine stew"

Kazimir looked at V, puzzled by her reaction, but turned away when Marcel started introducing the others. Must keep the dark magic user happy, after all! "Orryn, Bevris, Asher!" he cried as if meeting old friend after a long absence. He strode toward Bevrix.

"Busy, hug me later," Bevrix grunted, still messing with his tent.

Kazimir turned to Orryn next. "Greetings!"

Back