Conley Brothers

Adanya was not overly talkative but good at listening and answering simple questions. She just wanted to see her cats and then sleep for awhile.

-

Spectra walked along beside him, noteing that most others were business as useual like nothing had happened at all.

Felix was outside of his trailer talking to Leon about who knows what

Kazimir returned and "rescued" Adanya from the twins. He took her arm gently and took their entire focus, chatting happily until they reached Adanya's wagon. He had them wait outside then helped her up.

~~

Vlad did not have much to say as they walked. He looked at Leon with interest, wondering if the shiny fellow even knew what had happened last night. "Excuse me, sirs."

Striker was at the door when it opened. They could hear him yowling long before they got to the trailer.

When the door opened he at once stepped put and rubbed against Adanya

Adanya smiled and sat down on the floor "he was worried" she said and rubbed his ears
She was quiet a moment "he says you three can pet him" she said

The twins squeaked softly in delight and stepped forward to pet the creature, cooing softly to him in delight.
"You should be laying down," Kazimir told Adanya, his eyes on Striker. He wanted to pet the kitty, too! But Adanya came first.

~~

"How might we- what happened to you, Spectra?" Leon frowned, catching sight of her arm.

"I will" she said "This is how Striker is thanking you. Come pet him" she encouraged. Sitting at least though.

-

(Sorry I forgot them!)

Felix hadn't noticed and looked over

"Chib hit me, before Vlad got that nasty thing out of him" she explained

Kazimir gave in and happily stroked Striker, cooing just like the twins did as he tried to scratch under the big cat's chin. "He is such a beautiful kitty!" he breathed in awe.

~~

Leon sniffed in annoyance. "Is that broken? How are you going to preform with a broken arm?"

"Shoulder, actually, and she cannot," Vlad replied calmly.

Striker allowed them to pet and sxratch how they liked while he leaned into Adanya.

--

Spectra frowned a little "that's what I came to tell you. I won't be able to perform in either show until I am healed" she said. Glad Vlad was there.

"You can still do the adult show. A little illusion will hide the bruise." Felix said

Kazimir reluctantly pulled back after a good scratching and looked at Adanya. "Would you like any further help?"

~~

"Forgive my tone, Ringmaster, as I am tired and cranky, but no, she cannot," Vlad said in a tone he used with the twins when they were being wildly rambunctious and naughty.

Leon crossed his arms. "And why would that be?" he demanded.

Vlad raised an eyebrow. "Broken shoulder? It will not be very alluring if she were to dance while in a sling, and she should be resting. The more rest she has now, the faster she will be able to preform again. If you try to force her to work now, you will be doing nothing but damaging her further, and thus eating into your profits."

"I'll be ok from here" Adanya said "but..come visit soon?"

-

Felix scowled. He hated when Vlad made a good point "I don't pay when no work is being done. Find another way to be useful then"

Kazimir nodded. "Of course! I am happy visiting friends!" he told her earnestly.

~~

"If an expensive animal is injured, would you stop feeding it?" Vlad asked cooly. "Half pay, if you please, would be far more fair. Of course, she would not have been injured at all if not for poor, damaged Chib."

She smiled at that "I'll go rest then" she said. She would need to feed everyone first of course.

-

Felix ground his teeth and smoothed a hand through his hair before replacong the hat "she will work the ticket booth. I trust sitting in a booth taking tickets won't be too stressful"

Kazimir bowed then called to the twins. "Time to clean the wagon! For Vlad."

The twins groaned but followed him willingly.

~~

Vlad brightened and smiled. "That is not a terrible idea, sir!" He said cheerfully then turned to Spectra. "Will that be alright?"

Spectra nodded "of course" she agreed with a nod "o can handle that easily enough " and she would be happy not to work the adult show.

"Another thing though..Adanya...she cannot work for a few days at least"

"You sliced across her eye and potentially blinded her on that side," Vlad said, his tone still cheerful. "She needs time to heal from the infection."

He nodded to this one "yes Camilla spoke to me about it before. She will be excused" he said, not fighting about that one

Vlad looked at Spectra. "Shall we go?"

Leon frowned at Felix. "If you keep slicing people, we are going to need a whole new cast."

Spectra nodded, still holding his arm. Felix scared her.

Felix sighed "it was not intentional" he said "she'll be fine. And I don't need criticism from you too"

Vlad led Spectra away, heading for her wagon.

"No criticism, just fact," Leon said blandly. "You should have killed Chib right after you figured out you couldn't fix him, but now at least we'll have him back. After he heals. And Spectra heals. And Adanya heals. And Camilla rests up. Did I miss anyone?"

Back