Dark Stuides

She was still not used to him pulling her to him but she never resisted and went to him. She relaxes and listens to his words. Closing her eyes, she did as he told her, letting her thoughts fade away so she could listen. She could hear the wind as it brushed through the trees, the leaves rustling softly with a song all their own. The squirrels chattering away at each other as they played among the branches. The trickle of the water as it flowed over the rocks in the fountain and the different splashes of the fish as they breached the surface. She starts to smile warmly, relaxing into his body as she listens more. She whispers quietly. "I've missed this..."

He enjoyed watching her face brighten as she relaxed into him. All the while she did as he had instucted he had used a little bit of magic to form a small pendent that hung from a strand of silver. The pendent was a dark rich amythist encircled by twisting silver. He took her hand in his and placed the piece in her palm, "Then do it more."

She opens her eyes as she felt him place something in her hand. Her eyes widen at the sight of the amythist. "It's beautiful.." She murmurs to him and smiles softly. "I think in a way...you are setting me free as well..." She says to him and that was how she felt, she was so much more free and much more relaxed around him. She didn't feel afraid of leaving her apartment and she could enjoy things as she had before.

He rested his chin on her shoulder, "We all should be free," He told her softly as he settled for just relaxing with her in his arms while they listened to the world around them. Every thing was peaceful and perfect in that moment.

She continued to savor the moment and enjoy his presence and that of the park around her. She stayed like that for what felt like ever. After a moment though, she stopped, blinking and looking around. "Did you hear that?" She asks curiously, thinking she had heard something but it had been so faint that she wasn't sure she had actually heard anything at all.

The demon gave a hum then glanced about, "What did you hear?" He asked softly. After all it was hard for him to simply say yes when he wasn't sure which sound she was referring to. There was the hum of the city around them as well as the soft heartbeat of the nature that grew and lived even closer to them. The squirrels chatted the fish swam about while a soft voice that humans so distant from nature wouldn't hear normally. That voice was the earth itself. The mother that gave birth to them all.

She shakes her head a little, "I'm not sure. It's so soft. Soothing almost." She looks around a little and caught the eyes of a sparrow resting on a branch not far from them. It fluttered it's small wings a moment before settling. It turned to the left, as if to show a feather that was a different color. Her eyes widen in remembrance. "Oh sweet thing..." she murmurs softly.

She shows Hexel the little sparrow. "When he was born, he had fallen from the tree, I nursed him back to health when his parents would not come for him. They wanted to but one of his wings had been injured. " She smiles and relaxes into Hexel. "He's so strong..."

The demon glanced at the tiny bird taking it in slowly. How interesting that she had cared for the fragile little thing, "He does seem to be rather strong. You did a good job," He patted her hand as he said this, "Let's get going soon," He murmured as he glanced around noticing a few curious people headed their way. He still wasn't as social as one might think.

She nods softly as she watches the little sparrow hop around the branches for a moment. As the group of people got closer, he chirped at Mary and Hexel before leaping to the air and opening his wings. She watches until he was out of sight and then turns her gaze to Hexel smiling softly. "Alright...let's go home." She moves to her feet and waits for him to do the same. Once standing up, she walks with him back through the park. It had been so enjoyable to be out again and she will definitely plan on doing it more.

Her eyes were on the path ahead of them, not really paying attention to those around that were also walking the paths.

The male frowned slightly as the other humans got closer to them. A look in his eyes must have made them slow the pace and try to find another path, "We were going to the store were we not?" He asked the small woman soflty as he put a hand on the top of her head. Hexel was amused still by the little creatures that scurried about in the late day.

She blinks at his question then nods softly. "That's right, I forgot about that." She smiles softly. "I'm so forgetful at times." she says and then looks to him. She smiles warmly and slips her arms around his arm. She walks with him quietly through the rest of the park and out to the sidewalk once more. The streets were not as busy as many were at home with their families. It was slowly getting darker as well and bringing with it a soft chilling breeze.

Once at the store, she showed him around and showed him the different items that were sold there. She smiles warmly to him.

The male was surprised as he discovered what a freezer was and how fresh the fruit and vegitables were. The cuts of meat made him frown slightly, "Do they sell the entire beast before it is cut?" After all he was used to buying a cow and butching it himself. To him many of the things that weren't on display here was useful and editable.

All the while he enjoyed letting her hug his arm as they walked. He noticed the looks that a few people gave them but paid little mind to them. What he couldn't ignore though was bumping into Markus again, "Good day, Sir."

The Warlock gave the pair a hard look up and down, "You cleaned him up well," Told Mary softly then asked if she would speak with him alone for a moment.

She smiles warmly as they went through the store and she had shown him the food. "Yes, there are a lot of things that have been done in the way to perserve food. Less waste, sometimes."

She blinks a bit and then smiles when she saw Markus. "Hey." She was a little surprised when he wanted to talk to her. She nods "I'll be right back Hexel." She says and moves away from Hexel to go and talk to the Warlock, wondering what was on his mind.

The blond haired man glanced from the demon to the girl when they were a good distance away, "Don't fall for him, lovely, and don't let him fall for you," he says softly, "The woman that died had known this as well. She had kept herself from loving him but not him from loving her. As she died he killed the killer only to find out after that she hadn't cared for him as much," He gave a sigh then, "If he falls for you it will only hurt him when you die on him. You must remember that he is immortal."

Hexel was busy looking over various kinds of food while he waited for the pair to finish up their chat.

She tenses at those words, she gazed at the man quietly for a moment then nods slightly. "I understand...." She mutters then shakes her head. "What do you suggest I do? Hurt him by telling him I can never love him or pretend until my death and let him live with the lie." She shakes her head a little. "He is immortal...maybe I can prepare him for a life after I'm gone." She shrugs a little. "There isn't exactly a class I can take on how to do all of this...." She sighs. "And I am falling for him....." she admits quietly.

Markus gave a sigh, "Look if..." another heavy sigh, "You two do become serious... I will see what can be done about the immortality issue. I might be able to find a spell to grant you immortality... As turning him human would kill him," he was being honest as he let his gaze drift over to the demon who was poking at a package of noodles.

"But you would have to realize what that means for you," He glances back to her, "I don't want to hear you give me an answer for a year. After a year you can tell me your answer."

She gazed up at him and nods slightly. "A year then..." She smiles a bit and nods softly. "Thank you for being honest with me." She says and then says bye to the Warlock to go back over to Hexel. She smiles to the demon and nods at the package. "Those are noodles." She explained, telling him about what they were and how they were made. "I'll have to make you some." She says.

The warlock nodded then headed off to finish his own shopping. Hexel glanced up when he heard her get closer. His golden eyes blinked slightly as she explained what a noodle was. They sounded yummy. He agreed that he would enjoy that very much. After they left the grocery the demon glanced down at her, "What did you two talk about?" He asked softly.

She was silent for a bit as she thought of how to best answer his words. "He is afraid of us getting hurt." she says and looks up at him. She doesn't continue the conversation until they were back at the apartment. Once there she gazed at him and says. "He...is afraid that you will fall for me and I you...but the problem is...I'm human...and will die." She sighs and picks her cat up, rubbing the animal behind the ears. She wasn't one to lie and she couldn't do that to him. "He is afraid of what that will result in..." she sighs and shakes her head a bit as she sits down on the couch. Should she tell him that after a year she would have to tell the Warlock her choice? She wasn't sure but to hide anything from him was hard for her.

The male sat down next to her on the couch, "I see," He murmured, "The warlock must have found more about who I was," His gaze danced over to her, "I don't care what happens. Fall for me or don't. I simply plan on savoring being able to breath again. If that's with you that would make it easier. Without," He gave a slow shrug, "I will manage."

Back