Day of Illumination[6th Millenium Festival/OPEN]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Meredith]

"....Okay as I can be."
Meredith answered slowly, cursing herself under her breath at not making the best impression she could have. The Harpy lay there in a dizzy blur, staring upwards at the sky. Eugh, her head hurt, her back hurt, and it felt like her wing was stuck in something--
No. Wait. Someone was tugging her wing.

Meredith sat up with a start, pulling both wings to her chest and immediately snapping her head around to eye who was on the roof with her. She was expecting another harpy, but she was greeted with the face of a gnome. Wide-eyed and wary, Meredith looked between the commotion below and the other on the roof.
"...Yeah, I'm alright. Just shook a few tailfeathers at the sudden, y'know, explosion."

A trembling laugh left her lips, with her pushing back from the edge of the roof.
"Did you see what happened?"

Falkas scooted back putting his hands up shaking his head at the Harpy's question "I was up here thinking about how great it is to be A law abiding citizen. It looks like the fireworks got detonated, wasn't by accident either, even with an accidental trigger you wouldn't have the whole thing blow at once."

Thinking about the fact he thought he had seem fireworks go off before he entered the town he gave a laugh, "I must have seen magic then I could have sworn they were fireworks in the night right before I arrived here to sell my furs and other things" shaking his head he couldn't believe he had thought he had witnessed fireworks before. Before to long he heard the fireworks crackle in the distance turning to look towards the town square he tilted his head and lowered his goggles over his eyes. "What happened?" he turned to the woman he was speaking to and bowed his head slightly. "Uhm excuse me fellow person but I must go make sure my friends are alright." those he bought stuff from are what he considered friends.

He turned and started walking in the direction of the explosion of fireworks. His hand instinctively reaching for his wrist bow that wasn't on his wrist and was currently being repaired at a shop deeper in the city.

Hayfa Ashemark

Now that she had finally stopped the adrenaline was starting to wear off. God, her legs and arm hurt.The nineteen year old really probably needed to see a healer. First though, she needed to make sure the assassins were truly dead. She stumbled forward slowly and stopped by the body. One of them definitely had a metal spike through his neck, and the other looked.....well horrible to say the least. He seemed to be riddled holes from the ice knives but a shadow spear was also shoved through his throat.

"Right, okay. Both dead-now to see about the other explosion was...."she said, talking mostly to herself.

As far as she could figure the bigger explosion had to have come from the Azuris district. Which was convenient because that was where the healers were anyway. She started moving towards the other side of the square.

[Meredith]

He was right: there was no way it was an accident. Combining that logic with the people she'd seen running towards the Dias, it pointed to only one explanation.
Attempted assassination. Or, at the very least, publicity stunt. It made her cringe at the thought of such a big tear in the city's usually peaceful atmosphere. All she could think about was the aftermath something like this could have. It wasn't pretty.

"No doubt, it's something malicious. I saw two people trying to get a run up on the guards-- This was a planned ordeal."
Meredith peered down at the commotion for a while longer, before sitting back with a loud sigh. She looked over at the gnome and tried to flash a smile, holding out a hand.
"Name's Meredith. Nice to meet a fellow....Law-abiding citizen."

"Wait!" She called out to the man and followed him. "I'll come help. I have nothing else to do anyway. This is the most excitement I've seen in a while." She said this as she reached for her dagger and hid it up her sleeve for faster access. Fable grinned. "Let's go!"

Falkas was in the middle of placing some dried herbs in his mouth when Meredith spoke, he shook with an inverted left hand still somewhat surprised at the politeness of what he understood to be A semi wild creature. He started nodding his pupils noticibly widening "my name's falkas" he made A small smile and leapt up almost losing his balance "if you don't mind madam I gotta go get my shit from my asshole boss before this whole city goes into lockdown." The tone of his voice was dramatically changed it sounded hoarse "listen! When shit goes down like this, us out of towners are the first ones to the gallows. I got A way outta town but I need my pack first, your welcome to come along or you can fly your way out either way I wish ya luck". He turned opening and closing his fists as he headed toward the edge of the roof.

Last edited:
[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

A naked fist slams to the wither wood table as its owner screams out "WOT!!" he kicks and scoffs the table with his feet slamming it to the edge of the table near flipping it "THeeEe" Stand and turning to jab a bald head between the cracks of a boarded up window flashing to all those behind them a pair of butt cheeks with a fine fur coat."F U C K is goin on! Out there!"

"AYIOOO Sit yer hairy ass down and play yer cards no one wants to see that" snaps a thin man sat crooked on the wooden table. A lizardfolk in ruinous leathers claps his skull to the withered wall at his back jingling a bell with a coil of his tail "Damn right, here'is your play so sit that ass back down and try and win these prized nickers of yours or go back too your wife after streak'n cross the slums.!"

The Thin man laughs with a grindy alcohol wheeze trying to speak as he does so "Ahio haha ohoooo shit he would get a right how do you do by em sailors, be the queen of the night with a butt so free like at'un" Chaulsyrime screaming a response gagging on his cheap booze " Ghoawnlre khhhaaa Win his nick name Queen whistlen buns! Gaahahahaahahaha!!" The pantless man does a crisp turn to face them doing a short dash back to the table crying in laughter "Oho maybe so but id rather have em calling than running from you bony-ass chicken leg lookn consort rejects!" A fleshy slap sounds out as he sits down bring in a silence to the room. Meek and desolate with the dusty haze of light sneaking in as tired flame of candles gripping in desperate vice the last inches of their wicks, Three men sat in focus looking over their cards. Between them a pile of random stolen goods and a pair of very fine silk pantaloons. cards shuffle about the table as Chaulsyrime coiled his body tightly before breaking the silence "What was that loud boom? whass even going on outside?"

Pantless man rolls his eyes "Aye some sorta party? think its call like ...day of light...sunshine hour, jus'some circle jerk of nobles who want to stab each other, should stay clear." Chaulsyrime places fingers to his temple and massages into them " Wasn't that to start sum three days from now? how long have we been doing this?" the thin man itches his chin with a smile "Right lads, I got me Twenty O N E" flushing his cards to the table "By the fertile balls of lutum your luck is naught but a curse on my head" no pants man slapping his forehead with an open palm tossing his cards all about as the thin man pulled all the goods to him with a greedy wide arm reach "Haha ahaha"

Chaulsyrime peeks his eyes out pass the cracks of the window seeing the bustle of the outside world having even reached to the slums, slapping his breast pocket that would hold coin and goods but was sadly empty. his right brow cocks up and in somber tone speaks "So this little party thing they got going on, lots of nobles walking the roads ehh? and folk from far off yeaaah?" pantless man whispers out a response as he looks on to the thin man inspecting the silk pantaloons with a face bent with a frown "That it be, right good pickpocketing this but guards pick the same time to be good at their fokn jobs. nothn but a pain and a risk, even then 'em nobles more trouble than the guards..."

Thin man pops off his pants to put on the silk pantaloons, standing with a powerful pelvic first pose speaks with the wisdom of his forefathers "Its as if a summer breeze has been caught and personalized for my ribbly dibblies. Mmmm yaaaaah" Sighing in relaxtion. Pantless man folds his arms and shakes his head "...i knew it once..." Chaulsyrime shook his head with a smile "..Right then...till next time."

Feeling there was nothing left to do or say Chaulsytrime gestured for the door giving a wide berth to the pantless man they gave there silent good byes and he steps out into the world. Some commotion rattled in the crowds that made them break away and leave the area but not Chaulsyrime who found breaking the current of the crowd the means for easy theift. The low quota of gold for drink and a room at the tavern met his desire for gold left him only to have his yes glue to the feathered plum hat of nobles and well off types as he lurked deeper into the city, his mood changed--what he could go for right now is a good, fancy hat. Guards seemed to be in some sorta stressful hustle but was no mind to Chaulsyrime who had locked in on a fine hat atop the head of some clean looking man.

"hat hat hat hat hat" he mutters to himself as he weaves around the persons of the crowd, the jingle jangle of his bell sounding him off as perverted the path of the clean man. A noble of some sort, who cares! Chaul thought as before the noble could even so much as give him a stiff upper lip had woven his leg and tail around the clean mans leg and in shift single action slammed him to the muddy floor catching his posh feathered hat emblazed with some sorta of bird. Filling his lungs with all the hair he could store away and yelling out into the sky "HAAAAAAT!" The mad dash to get away starts as the noble spikes right back up screaming with a cherry red head as Chaulsyrime cleaves into the crowd till he found a solid place to leap at the wall of a building. Clawed fingers and feet latch to the wall as he frantically crawls up its side breaching the roof looking back just once to see the noble had whipped the cane of had right at Chaulsyrime who caught it in masterful display using his head. boink the cane bounced off his head filling Chaulsyrime with the inspired needed to gift them a colorful show of rude gestures before fleeing down the roof laughing going deeper into the cities heart.

The guards seemed far more energized and gave a hard chase, not stopping even after some lost sight of him. With an itch of his nose he thinks aloud " What happened today? they trying to show off for the fancy-folk? must be..."

"aahhh there he is, the bastard!" a guard bellows out nocking an arrow to its string"

"Oohhaaa! "
Thwang! ….whoosh!
"Jealous of this MIGHTY grand hat! gaahahah!" Another arrow slaps the air at his flanks, he recoils with a hand to head turning and goes on running.

[Acri Ignis- Town Square]
Acri saw a black wolf making his way toward her through. "Hey, boy," she murmured, squatting to hook two fingers in his leather collar. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm okay." Looking around, she wondered if anyone needed help. Then it struck her. As a fire elf, people probably wouldn't appreciate her as much as they did before this incident.

[Meredith]

Oh by the stars above, she hadn't even considered about the racial implications. It looked like elves who started the entire thing, but it wasn't too much of a stretch to assume they'd flip it over to something else. She'd seen it happen elsewhere- It wasn't farfetched. The gnome: or rather 'Falkas', hopped up and began making his way for whatever he was after. Meredith spared the rush of panic below one last moment of her sight before turning away to follow.

"Some guards get pissy if we fly out without checking at the gate- Security measures. I can't get fined for that again. If you need any help swiping said pack from that asshole of a boss of yours, I'd be happy to help in exchange for that way out!"
Meredith grinned (with slightly less enthusiasm, since yknow, attempted-murder witness and all) and trailed after Falkas off the roof.

Falkas climbed down the way he came up glancing back at Meredith gracefully floating down 'I need wings' he thought to himself, remembering the tale of an engineer named starburst Steve inventor of what he called the 'Jetpack' his nickname was given posthumously after the maiden flight. Falkas frowned, The crowd seemed to be only semi controlled, the panicking mass of people was not something he wanted to deal with. He paused as his mind went on another tangent "the guards seem too calm in all this, it's A major city but it seems like they're just letting the people freak out" Falkas decided the best bet was to blend and attempt to make it to the other end of the square, he put on his best scared citizen motif and began skirting the buildings.

Hayfa Ashemark
Hayfa spared one glance down the road to the north end of town as she hobbled down the road. There seemed to be a large gathering of the royal guard in close ranks hurrying down the road to the palace. Good, they most likely had the three people she was most worried about with them. There also seemed to be no flames rising from that direction, so she felt safe enough continuing across the square. She was irritated though by the amount of people freaking out. Were all the competent guards in other parts of the city? It made her pissed enough that she grabbed onto the arm of nearest one she came across.

"Hey you, calm some of these people down. Get them gathered somewhere like in the guild halls in Nova, and keep them there. There's been a lot of explosions today, and they might not be over!"she yelled. "And ask people if they saw anything weird."

"I-Who are you to give me orders?It's-"the guard stammered.

Hayfa shot him her best death glare. God, he must be a newbie.

"Just do it....this should be common sense."she replied. That was the thing see, she couldn't really tell him she was part of the spy network. It would sort of defeat the point.

She moved off from him. The young spy didn't look back to see if he had listened to her.

Hayfa continued on. She walked onto the Antaris side of the street. There weren't many people coming this way, as most were fleeing into other parts of the city. It made what she had to do somewhat easier. If she came across anyone chances are they would be involved in whatever was going on, and she could force one to talk.

[Chaulsyrime Wqeathe]

Guards that had given chase to Chaulsyrime seemed body locked by the manic flow of people trying to flee out from the square, running too the gates as they panic about tight as can be. What matter was it to Chaulsyrime who struts with a hip swayed swagger atop the roofs till he comes near the city square looking down on the folks in disarray smiling at the sight of it but still lost as to what even happened shrugging it off as some sort of reaction to nobles doing something dumb. in the fray of the chaos he spies an odd pair on the buildings but right then was over come by something urgent--a booger, one of those that cling in spite to the edge of the nose and tickle you. Chaulsyrime hooks his finger into his nose and goes in deep to free his breathing passage swaying to and fro all the while brandishing his fancy hat, the movement of his head pushes his eyes along the edge of the square spotting a rather stubby female screaming at some guard about something (Hayfa ashemark) but in her huff ran off away from where he was standing.

Right then as Chaulsyrimes spine tingles as he hooks into his nose just right some well-to-do gentleman startles him with a hateful rebuke. "Some Pelt-walker is on the roof! is it one of the Attackers!?!" Chauls claw breaks the interior of his nose as he snorts to being spooked that in turns make him suck down a flow of mucus and blood that then makes him violently sneeze and hack out a truly beautiful blood loogy; glistening like a sanguine jewel fit for the kings ring and thick as the morning fog it flew as if guided by some aethereal god.

Splat Right on the gentleman's eye who recoils with a skin crawling shriek that rose out into the crowd body blocked and locked, Jerk heads to see the dashing lizardmen in a posh hat shimmering just so lightly in the sunlight with a fine wide brim that laid shadow over his face with the only hint to color being the flow of blood dripping down his maw. "GAHHH you ..ahh you …..Dandy Bastard!" Chaul wails out slapping his hand to his face only to bleed over them. Chaulsyrime bends down to tear out a stone wrought shingle "Oh it hurts!!! Take this you poof!" Whipping the shingle with a masterful prowess fit for a rouge of his level and experience, Missing the gentleman completely it dings and wafts off the naked head of the man behind him spinning out to kiss the forehead of a guard who had turned just then to see what every one was gawking at. The poor guard falls down slapping his forehead as the few others around him point and while make the gesture to dive into the crowd seemed uneasy to do so.

Something was surely off, rather than laughter or the normal rattle of insults every one seemed to overly stress out about this small bout. The feeling of eyes latching to him made him itchy and just as before gives every one in sight a rude jungle of his bell and starts down and away from the crowd stashing the fancy hat to the window of an empty room leaving a small mark on its wooden panels. Thinking about his feeling of danger to stand out any more today he finds a fine spot to creep down off the buildings and slips into the crowd but unsure where to go, thinking and thinking he stands for a long while before it hits him like a punch right in the jaw--'Those two weirdos on the buildings, one of em was one of those chicken-people!' His inner lizard boils to the top of his personality as the mental gears turn back his memories recalling being told once that those chicken monsters lay eggs and are very tasty---'but ! isn't that a person now? shouldn't brother some one like that' he thought in futile effort as he was beset by the mental illusion of his inner most lizardfolk who spoke a single word.

"Egg"

Chaulsyrime nods, the logic flawless, clear, so obvious. He knew what must be done but in all that had happen he lost the chicken-person and its scruffy companion. Thinking about trying to learn where the chicken person had a settlement of their kind or hints about the new goals whereabouts filled his mind suddenly finds himself mindlessly walking to where he had seen the chicken person last. His hand rises to hook into the leather hood of his withered guise pulling it up over his head, crashing into the tide of panic civilians with an out of place stride slithering between persons with a clear goal in mind, Chaulsyrime was a lizard man on a mission.

Looking back towards the woman and seeing her slip a dagger in her sleeve made him miss his cross bow more. giving a slight nod to her as she came with him he spoke lightly. "Hopefully you wont need that maybe what ever happened was just an accident." he tried to convince himself.
Ze'v mind now thought about what his back up plan would be if a fight or something was needed. Shifting is out of the question If I shift I can't stay here. he looked ahead worried in a way that didn't seem any different than if he was concerned for someone he may know.

Fable began to run toward the chaos. Her heart pounding in an unknown excitement. She hadn't seen this much chaos in a long time. She had only seen this kind of thing in the wild or on back roads with robbers but not in this peaceful city she had grown fond of. She covered her nose when arrived, as the dust had not settled yet. She looked at Ze'v, not really paying attention to her surroundings. "What should we do first?"

Hayfa Ashemark
Hayfa stopped when she heard a dull thud behind her. She turned wearily around as she was conscious of the fact she was dressed in a performer's outfit. From a guard's point of view, except for those of the most senior ranks, she had no authority to be heading this way. She might have to incapacitate a guard in some way and explain later. But when she turned it was was only a bunch of guards' dead bodies. Where had they come from? No one was there any more. It reminded her way too much of her encounter before the explosion when off. She really did not have time for an encounter like that again. Shaking her head to herself, Hayfa prepared to move on.

A big rush of pain went through her leg with the two stab wounds. The nineteen year old leaned back on the nearest building. Maybe just a quick rest before she moved on...

That's when she spotted a gnome and a harpy making their way to her location. The two of them might have looked like scared citizens just going along with the crowd, but if that was the case why were they headed this way? Normal people would have been fleeing away from the scene. They weren't guards or healers who would have cause to be investigating the scene of an accident either, as neither were in the customary uniforms. Were they involved in this some how and fleeing to join co-conspirators? Or something else?

Hayfa limped along and pulled herself into the nearest alcove between a residence and the first healing house. She shrank back into the shadows and waited for them.

[Meredith]

"Aye, but that's what they're trained to do!"
Meredith called back in response, deciding to hover a little off the ground while following Falkas, just able to be seen above the crazed crowds of spooked citizens. No scared Harpy ever stayed on the ground, less they're hurt or, well, dead. It also made the hazard of tripping up or bumping into people near impossible-- She didn't fancy tripping on someone else today.
Hang on: Jerrot and Little Lee..
A sharp flick of guilt made her chest tighten. She hoped they were safe at least, they seemed pleasant.

It was hard to keep the scared facade up while they slipped around the crowds. Whenever she was scared, Meredith made an effort to make it look like she wasn't- so much so she'd forgotten what the expression looked like on her. Plenty of examples littered around though, at least!
Feeding into the gnomes tangets, no doubt fueled by the trouble-starter within her, Meredith added:
"Guards're probably in on it! City conspiracies are insane nowadays!"
She made no effort to be quiet. Who'd hear her squawking over the crowd anyway?

Ze'v looked back at the woman and pulled off his watch from his wrist debating on weather or not to move it to his neck so it wouldn't get in the way if he found anyone injured and needed both of his hands and wrists free from things that could catch on someone's clothes. Deciding the best place to put his watch would be his neck he slipped it around his neck. Then thinking about how to respond to her question as he looked around the panicked people he thought hard. "Why don't we start with seeing if anyone is injured? I'm not a healer or anything If we start helping when the guards arrive they can send for a healer for people that are actually injured." in his mind he thought about a few of the stall workers he had just talked with before hand and found himself in disbelief that he may not see some of them again. Shaking off that worry he nodded to the woman, "I think we should also make sure that what ever happened isn't going to happen again." Stopping dead in his movements he abruptly turned to the woman and in a very startled voice that was a bit louder than it should have been pointed out. "I FORGOT to ask Her name!?" Though even he realized that this wasn't the time to ask for another's name he felt obligated. "What is your name?"

She smiled, "Fable Lore." She nodded her head. "Even if you're not a healer, I know some tricks that will hold them off until they see a professional. Living on your own does that." She laughed and began to look for anyone that was injured. She sniffed the air, not realizing she was being kind of obvious about it. She was trying to find any scent of blood to help indicate someone was injured.

Falkas continued on his way, he stopped just before an alley glancing back at meredith, letting out A small chuckle. Before he could utter A comment about her exceptional blending skills, he was grabbed from behind and pinned to the wall,feeling the cool kiss of A metal blade on his throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back