Dreamscape

Nadya turned her head to see the spilled drink, sidestepping to avoid the puddle. She turned to Zane confused before he started speaking, Nadya snickered at his announcement before looking at him with wide eyes. She saw him jump and her hands flew to her mouth before seeing him land on the cabinet. His actions drew the attention of everyone, especially her father. Nadya clapped delighted by his movements and her father motioned for the music to start. It was a slow beginning, that burst to life with every beat. Nadya watched him with careful wide eyes, only hoping that he wouldn't hurt himself.

"1...2..." At the same exact time as the first note played, Zane started tap dancing. And it was excellent. His feet were moving so fast that they looked like they were in the air at the same time. He then jumped off the cabinet and flipped down, landing on the table and this time, he did a backflip. While mid-air, he reached his arms and grabbed the edge of the table, and with all of his strength, he flipped it, sending it several feet in the air. He then landed on his feet and ran past the falling dishes. The speed and agility, along with the strength was abnormal, as Zane caught be table and slammed it down, the cloth landing perfectly. The dishes were close to the ground, but he wouldn't let them fall. He quickly kicked them back into the air and caught them. For his grand finale, he jumped into the air and flung the dishes and glassed at the table. The all slid into their previous spots as Zane landed. He collapsed onto his knee from exhaustion, having used every ounce of strength and agility. He did a small bow, and panted to catch his breath. After a few seconds, he said, "Day into night, sugar into salt, living to dead, and dark blue into rose. That is what makes one hell of a dancer."

Note:This will trigger the mafia members to know who he is as he said that usually after killing a target, accept is was killer instead of dancer. Also, here is the song.))

Nadya watched in awe at his marvelous tricks when he finally landed and his act had finished with the music she squealed in delight and clapped, "That was amazing!" A few others clapped, she rushed over to Zane holding out her hand to help him up. "How did you do that?" Nadya looked at him curiously but before she could take his hand her father pulled her back and stood in front of her. "Baba what are you doing?!" Nadya frowned and looked at her father confused. He stood looking down at Zane with a devilish smirk, "I see my daughter has brought one of my own as her guest tonight. Tai Ling, take my daughter upstairs and don't let her come down. This young gentleman and I should talk" Nadya looked at him confused, "Baba what do you mean upstairs?! Uncle Ling let me go, I don't want to leave!"

"QIN MEILI YOU WILL LEAVE NOW. No arguments." His voice boomed at her and she stilled looking at Zane and then her father angrily holding back tears as her uncle lead her up the stairs. When she was out of sight he sighed as two men helped Zane to his feet. He was now the center of attention. "Daughters are sometimes very stubborn. It's her mother's hard head that she has. I'll have to apologize later for yelling... I must say, Zane, I've heard quite the stories of you from my underlings in America. Quite skilled at such a young age. But, I must ask. Why are you with my daughter? Hoping to gain power?"

Zane looked at him curiously as she had gotten taken away. Then, he frowned. "So, that's why I recognized the the people....the tattoo." He shook his head and sighed. "Shé shìzú, the snake clan." He clenches his fist when he clenches Nadya's mother, but is careful not to lose his temper. If he had his strength, he would punch all their lights in. But he was too weak. "I am only with because I love her. She saved me from despair, when all hope from my world was lost. I don't give a damn about power. Not anymore." He had to buy time.

Mr. Alexander crossed his arms, "Love?" He laughed looking at him, "And what does my daughter have to say about this? Does she even know who you really are?" His laughter died as he stared at his men, "I have heard stories that you ran away in hopes of leaving this lifestyle. Are they true?" The men moved away from Zane when the man-made s jerking motion with his neck. "My daughter doesn't know what my job is, and for her safety, I'd like to keep it that way. So I'd prefer it if you didn't attack my men. I'd hate for my daughter to see any blood. Wouldn't you?" The man moved sitting at the nearest table leaning back and holding out his hand as a glass of dark liquor was placed in it. "Sit."

He had no choice. "Indeed. I'll also keep the secret. But not because of you. Only because it would break her heart, and shatter her dreamscape. (HA! See what i did?) He then obeyed and sat down. "And actually, she does know I was a hitman. But she forgave me." He crossed his arms and sighed. "Still, though your "profession" is quite action filled, you still care for your daughter. I just wanted to say I greatly appreciate that."

((SMOOTH!!))

"Sounds much like my little Meili. Such a kind girl, which is why I must let you know. If you hurt her, we will come after you. So don't let her heartbreak. Your her first friend and if your feelings reflect her's then as well as her first love." He swirled the liquor in his cup before gulping it down. Hearing the boys' words he smiled, "I wasn't there much, but she is my pride and joy." He placed his cup on the table and leaned to the boy with both hands clasped together leaning on his knees. "Now to business. It's been stated that you wished to leave this life behind. Why? Is it the Money bothering you, or the blood on you hands?" The man looked at him seriously, " I hope you know that you should be grateful for knowing my daughter, a runaway is usually killed. Assumed for trading secrets...You didn't happen to tell anyone of my business have you?"

"The blood....it's the reason why my mother is dead." He sighed. "And no, I haven't. For one, I'm not dumb enough to pull a move like that. Two, I was quite known for my skill. So I wouldn't be tracked by just your men, but there would be a full on war." He drummed his fingers on the desk patiently.

The man looked at Zane solemnly, "I'm presuming you left that part out when telling my daughter... I'm sorry to hear about your mother's death." At Zane's next statement, the man gave out another laugh sitting back once more, "I can see why my daughter befriends you. Such a spark you have. But, I have to say. I'll be a little disappointed to let you go. Would anything change your mind on this decision?" The man glanced up at Zane patiently waiting for his answer, he was all but willing to let Zane leave. But, as it stood he hoped he might change his mind.

"Sorry, but no...I have left that world, and have been reborn again." He wasn't to let another death happen to a loved one. His only loved one. He smiled thinking about it.

"I see...Well then, I suppose I should be asking you to convince my daughter I'm not an overprotective brute, shouldn't I?" He stood holding out a card with his number on it. "Well, If you ever need my resources please don't hesitate. And might I add, keep my daughter safe." The man shook Zane's hand and turned to everyone having the music Burt louder and willing people to start the party back up. Most people had begun to chat or sit in the chairs waiting for them to finish.

"Of course. I would be the one to die before anyone could lay a finger. I am her wolf." He smiles at you as he takes your card. He then smiles. The good part of his brain kept on telling Zane no, but there was a reason he eventually became a hitman in the first place...his hate for the world. His eyes go a little bloodshot, which everyone in the mafia knows means he is agitated and will kill to get it to stop. "And if you ever find a way to convince me, I might have to take up on the offer." He always kept his old card to remember who he was in the past, and slid it to the father. "Farewell, though I don't think this'll be the last time we meet."

Her father laughed before leaving, "So long as you're with my daughter it won't be." Her father gave a smile before pulling out his phone, "Tai Ling come back down, I'm leaving this young gentleman to handle Meili." He nodded to Zane and went back to his festivities.

As soon as anyone walked up the winding stairs they would hear Nadya yelling and crying through the giant door. "Wǒ fùqīn shìgè báichī!" Nadya kicked the door before holding her foot and cursing more, "Yīgè tā mā de bǎohù xìng de húndàn!" She sobbed and sat on the bed hugging the pillow before she mumbled. "Wǒ tǎoyàn tā! Wǒ tǎoyàn tā! Wǒ wéiyī de péngyǒu hé-"

((Translation: My father is an idiot! A fucking overprotective asshole! I hate him! I hate him! The only friend I have and-)

As Zane entered, he sighed. "Hello to you as well." He chuckled, and seemed to be in a good mood. And that is what he wanted her to see him as, as he sat down on the edge of her bed with her. He saw that you were about to speak, but he raised his hand hand. "Before you speak, let me finish, as you might say things you'll regret if I don't." This isn't his first time he would have told a lie, and if there was anything he was good at besides killing, its deceiving. "First of all, I am alright. Second, it was good of him to have you moved before me and him spoke. I knew how I recognized him. Me and a couple of his greatest friends back in America got involved in an incident so terrible, it even makes me afraid. I'm not saying your weak, but most who have heard about the incident have gone insane. Third, your father may be over-protective, but he ain't know brute. Though it may not seem like at times, he would be the type to sacrifice himself before anyone would hurt you. Sometime's I think that he is more of a wolf like I am." He chuckles and shakes is head sadly. "Now, you may speak."

Nadya looked up at him and wiped her eyes. Just as she opened her mouth to speak he rose his hand. She bit the inside of her cheek and hugged the pillow tighter. She leaned on the pillow and sighed, "Fine. I don't actually hate him...But it wasn't fair for him to treat you like that. I thought he was going to tell me that we couldn't hang out anymore. A-And I don't want that...cause I really like you." She mumbled the last part and turned to hug him. "Can we leave. My father may not be a brute but he did yell at me. A-And I'm still mad at him because he's a dummy head." Nadya pouted like a kid and wiped her eyes, her lipstick had been gone for a while, and her eyes were puffy from crying. Her eyeliner was intact and luckily she hadn't worn mascara. "But, you promise you're alright. And that he didn't hurt you."

"I promise both of those. We were just talking about things of the past. We can leave if you wish, however." He gets up and takes your hand and stands. He then leads her to the main room and looks at the father. "Mr. Alexander, I was curious if me and her could head out for the night. It'll calm her."

Nadya looked at him biting her lip since he promised she would take his word for it. She held his hand and followed him to the main room. When she saw her father she turned her head away from his frowning. "Mmm. yes... feel free to take her out, if it'll calm her... Meili my butterfly, you know I meant no harm when I yelled." He reached out to touch her cheek and she moved away from his hand, "I-I will forgive you but right now I'm still mad baba. So-so bye!" She huffed and walked away from him grabbing Zane's hand and pulling him to the car. "I don't know where we should go. Maybe back to my house? We can go do the homework for English Composition?" Nadya suggested half-heartedly before tossing him her keys. "You can drive. right?"

Back