Status
Not open for further replies.
"Perhaps there is, Emily. Since we are in another dimension altogether, I highly suspect that our signals are incompatible. We'll need to retune our frequencies to tap in."

Starscream shrugs.

"Even in the same dimension, we'll need to know the enemy frequency to detect it."

@Atomic Knight @York
"Guess we don't have much of a choice, then." Gakupo was far less concerned about this new ship than others were. If they couldn't do anything about it, why bother panicking?

Gumi seemed to share his opinion...at least, she wasn't focused on the ship at all. "So how fast do you think one Tribble can fill up a bus? Do they have special intervals for reproducing or are they random? Can they eat anything, or do they have a special diet? How do they eat? Do you pour food on them and they absorb it like a sponge?"

@York @Josh @Ver @Atomic Knight
"They may be right, Captain," Burnham said, referring to the possibility that the ship may not be compatible with their communications technology. "We'll have to think of alternate methods."

"We can't get a lock on their coordinates," the helmsman stated. "This universe is far enough different from our own that none of our records or star maps are applicable."

"So transporting a message or representative won't be possible for some time..."

After just a moment, the helmsman spoke again. "It's not looking like we'll have that time. There is activity from the ship!"

F7vXTip.png

"They're..." Burnham didn't want to believe it. "They're firing on us and the Enterprise!"

@Ver @ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
"Our only solution is to fire back," Starscream says before turning to the crew, "you do have cannons, right?"

@York @Ver @Lucky @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight
As Saru began to give the orders to activate the shields, Burnham turned to Peter and Starscream. "I..." It took her a moment to think on this. "If you can help, yes, but this matter has to be solved peacefully! We can't just kill them with our own firepower."

"Sounds like what a coward would say," Elliot said with a smirk. "No matter, I will solve this matter." The boy turned and quickly left the bridge. He moved past Grif and the others in the hall, leaving them all behind.

@Ver @ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi @Josh @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Siege @dark @Donder172 @Takumi @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Archmage Jeremiah @Raptor Jesus @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Raynar Saassin @Otto @Minerva
Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Lucky

As soon as the other ship started firing on their own... Emily was quick to leap into action, prepared to do whatever she could to protect the ship, and... Although she would be expending alot of her energy in the process, she had a plan.

pq9m6VF.png

"I think I can-..." But Emily didn't get a chance to finish what she was saying before Elliot suddenly rushed off, ominously saying he could resolve the situation.

"... Wait! We have to talk about this!" She shouted after him.

With that, she rushed to follow Elliot, hoping to prevent him from doing anything dangerous before it was too late...​

Last edited:
Elliot did not stop for Emily, nor anyone else who chose to follow him. He moved quickly through the ship, having recalled its layout with little effort, and eventually arrived at the hangar bay. The shuttles and the supplies were gone after the creatures had been flushed out, but it was not a shuttle Elliot had been looking for.

"I believe my powers have returned to a point where this should be possible," he explained, holding his hands out. "And if not, I will simply brute force it until it works. We will not be killed this day."

Elliot's hands glowed and, in turn, a blue speck of light appeared in front of him. The air around it seemed to shimmer and fluctuate as if unstable.

As the fight outside began to pick up, the Discovery shook from an attack, though Elliot did not falter. He was completely focused, staring at the blue shimmer before him.

@York @Raptor Jesus

As Saru began to give the orders to activate the shields, Burnham turned to Peter and Starscream. "I..." It took her a moment to think on this. "If you can help, yes, but this matter has to be solved peacefully! We can't just kill them with our own firepower."

"Sounds like what a coward would say," Elliot said with a smirk. "No matter, I will solve this matter." The boy turned and quickly left the bridge. He moved past Grif and the others in the hall, leaving them all behind.

“All they’ve got is some lasers that don’t do shit. That Spock fella told me himself.”

Before Sarge could come up with a plan on how to retaliate, however, he noticed Elliot run off, prompting him to follow him in hopes that he knew what he was doing.

@Atomic Knight @Crow @Lucky

"Well, we're doomed," Starscream utters.

Starscream looks at Elliot run off, and Sarge & Emily follow.

"Either he's going to shoot those pea shooters at them or he's going to jump into space and die from suffocation. Well, anything goes."

Starscream stays for the time being.

"If you're really insistent on peace talks, then I suppose we'll just have to figure out how to tune into their signal before the entire ship explodes, is that correct? I believe I can help with accelerating the process."

Starscream decides to offer his help in terms of tuning some frequencies.

@Atomic Knight @etcetcetc​

"Oh, for the love of..." Gakupo took off after Emily and Elliot, more annoyed than anything else. What was this idiot trying to do now?! Make some sort of evil death ray? "Emily," he murmured. "Don't do anything reckless." It would only make things worse.

@York @Atomic Knight

---

Meanwhile, Gumi decided to help brainstorm strategies. "Hey! I have an idea! We can use a giamt flare and make a peace sign out of it! Y'know, shoot it into the sky and they'll see we come in peace! Ooh, or morse code! We can shoot morse code!" Gumi shrugged. "Worse case, we can probably trade them something. Space pirates usually like virgins. Don't know why. Yo! we got any willing virgins over here?!"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Lucky @Space_Candy

Elliot did not stop for Emily, nor anyone else who chose to follow him. He moved quickly through the ship, having recalled its layout with little effort, and eventually arrived at the hangar bay. The shuttles and the supplies were gone after the creatures had been flushed out, but it was not a shuttle Elliot had been looking for.

"I believe my powers have returned to a point where this should be possible," he explained, holding his hands out. "And if not, I will simply brute force it until it works. We will not be killed this day."

Elliot's hands glowed and, in turn, a blue speck of light appeared in front of him. The air around it seemed to shimmer and fluctuate as if unstable.

As the fight outside began to pick up, the Discovery shook from an attack, though Elliot did not falter. He was completely focused, staring at the blue shimmer before him.

@York @Raptor Jesus
"Well, we're doomed," Starscream utters.

Starscream looks at Elliot run off, and Sarge & Emily follow.

"Either he's going to shoot those pea shooters at them or he's going to jump into space and die from suffocation. Well, anything goes."

Starscream stays for the time being.

"If you're really insistent on peace talks, then I suppose we'll just have to figure out how to tune into their signal before the entire ship explodes, is that correct? I believe I can help with accelerating the process."

Starscream decides to offer his help in terms of tuning some frequencies.

@Atomic Knight @etcetcetc​
"Oh, for the love of..." Gakupo took off after Emily and Elliot, more annoyed than anything else. What was this idiot trying to do now?! Make some sort of evil death ray? "Emily," he murmured. "Don't do anything reckless." It would only make things worse.

@York @Atomic Knight

---

Meanwhile, Gumi decided to help brainstorm strategies. "Hey! I have an idea! We can use a giamt flare and make a peace sign out of it! Y'know, shoot it into the sky and they'll see we come in peace! Ooh, or morse code! We can shoot morse code!" Gumi shrugged. "Worse case, we can probably trade them something. Space pirates usually like virgins. Don't know why. Yo! we got any willing virgins over here?!"

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @Others(?)

Emily frowned, eyeing the speck of light that Elliot had created... She had her suspicions about what he was going to do, but she couldn't be too sure; these powers were something she wasn't familiar enough with to come to any solid conclusions. Although she nodded quietly towards Gakupo, seeming to have calmed down enough to assess the situation with a more rational mind.

VosXxgM.png

"What are you planning to do?" She asked.

Her stone was shimmering with a violet light... But she seemed to be giving Elliot the benefit of doubt... For now. Although the moment she caught wind of anything dangerous going on with his actions, she would have to intervene... Somehow.​

"A vir- whatnow?" Starscream questions. "Is that fleshling term?"

@Yun Lee

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

" Outside of the hangar bay, are there any other exits here? If not, I can use the hanger bay opened and fly over to the ship and talk negotations. I imagine some of the rest of us could also do that. I imagine Elliot went to make one of his portals, if I was to take a guess. We need to move before he hurts something. Also, I'm not sure we are dealing with space pirates.... though, if their... sorry, getting off topic, we need to get people onto that ship, so hangar bay seems like the best bet," he honestly replied. " A virgin is someone who has never had sexual intercourse with another lifeform , may they be male or female or alien."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Space_Candy @Crow @Yun Lee

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

" Outside of the hangar bay, are there any other exits here? If not, I can use the hanger bay opened and fly over to the ship and talk negotations. I imagine some of the rest of us could also do that. I imagine Elliot went to make one of his portals, if I was to take a guess. We need to move before he hurts something. Also, I'm not sure we are dealing with space pirates.... though, if their... sorry, getting off topic, we need to get people onto that ship, so hangar bay seems like the best bet," he honestly replied. " A virgin is someone who has never had sexual intercourse with another lifeform , may they be male or female or alien."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Space_Candy @Crow @Yun Lee
"Oh, THAT'S what a virgin is? Why do space pirates want them so badly?"

@Lucky @Crow

"I don't know, Gumi, we Cybertronians don't have the concept of mating," Starscream adds to the conversation.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

Was now really the time for baby and needs talk? Not really, but seeing as he felt bad Gumi didn't know, he would do it. " Well, some of the pirates want to have little pirates, so they want a being who can give them a space pirate heir, while others just need to fill a void, kind of like being hungry, expect it is for sex. And some are just plain perverts."

@Yun Lee @Crow

"Could you please take this conversation elsewhere if you wish to continue it?" Burnham asked with an edge to her voice, staring at Gumi primarily. She then looked at Peter. "We lost our shuttles, but perhaps the Enterprise could provide. However, the ship we're facing looks like it might have been designed for combat, making an attempt at boarding ill-advised. Unless you are suggesting we shoot someone toward their ship, which I do not believe would ever work. We are continuing to try and communicate but for now, trying a more creative method might be better."

Burnham turned away for a moment toward her console, but after a moment she paused. "... Wait, what was that about making a portal?"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"If these ships are too weak to fight this threat, then we must take the fight into our own hands," Elliot said in response to Emily. He exhaled roughly as if strained, and the blue light expanded to reveal a small view of space. Elliot then shook his head, closing the small portal to later re-expand it. "From what I've read about spaceships, a small opening out into space is not a major concern. It is not enough to de-pressurize the room at a rapid rate."

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee

Peter Quill/ Star-Lord

" Well theortically, I could shoot myself into space with that cannon. I have rocket boots and a way to remain safe in space without dying and a few weapons to help break onto the ship. The Elliot kid before he ran off, he mentioned that he could make portals and when the aliens came to attack, he portaled Nathan and I out of the room. Maybe he is trying to make one of them which is why he ran away, if I took a guess."

@Yun Lee @Crow @Atomic Knight

「Hm, a peaceful solution, huh?」Kumagawa wondered aloud. He didn't put much stock in the overconfident and emotional Elliot, but if these guys didn't plan to fight back when being fired upon then they were just as doomed as whatever Elliot had planned.

At least, if Kumagawa hadn't been on the ship. Having no need to take into account what the well-ordered and pacifistic ship crew were doing, he walked down with the increasingly large group that had gone with Elliot.

「You're totally thinking about this the wrong way, Elliot.」

Kumagawa appeared with the small group, a screw spawned below his foot. It spun and whirred as he slowly pushed it into the ground under his shoe.

「If this ship is weak that's just fine. We're not characters from some space opera like Cobra, so we should just leave the fighting to the people who belong to that genre. All we need to do is make their ship just as weak or weaker than our ship. Just make their strength "become nothing." That's the way a misfortunate person fights, don't you think?」

As Kumagawa stomped the screw fully into the ground, a smirk spread across his face.

tumblr_inline_p7fyplFVnX1s0xpld_250.png

「All Fiction」The reality that this ship was hit, and the weapons of that other ship, have become nothing!」

With his All Fiction, Kumagawa attempted to erase both the damage the Discovery or its shields had taken and the opposing ship's weapons from reality.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @York

"Could you please take this conversation elsewhere if you wish to continue it?" Burnham asked with an edge to her voice, staring at Gumi primarily. She then looked at Peter. "We lost our shuttles, but perhaps the Enterprise could provide. However, the ship we're facing looks like it might have been designed for combat, making an attempt at boarding ill-advised. Unless you are suggesting we shoot someone toward their ship, which I do not believe would ever work. We are continuing to try and communicate but for now, trying a more creative method might be better."

Burnham turned away for a moment toward her console, but after a moment she paused. "... Wait, what was that about making a portal?"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"If these ships are too weak to fight this threat, then we must take the fight into our own hands," Elliot said in response to Emily. He exhaled roughly as if strained, and the blue light expanded to reveal a small view of space. Elliot then shook his head, closing the small portal to later re-expand it. "From what I've read about spaceships, a small opening out into space is not a major concern. It is not enough to de-pressurize the room at a rapid rate."

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee
「Hm, a peaceful solution, huh?」Kumagawa wondered aloud. He didn't put much stock in the overconfident and emotional Elliot, but if these guys didn't plan to fight back when being fired upon then they were just as doomed as whatever Elliot had planned.

At least, if Kumagawa hadn't been on the ship. Having no need to take into account what the well-ordered and pacifistic ship crew were doing, he walked down with the increasingly large group that had gone with Elliot.

「You're totally thinking about this the wrong way, Elliot.」

Kumagawa appeared with the small group, a screw spawned below his foot. It spun and whirred as he slowly pushed it into the ground under his shoe.

「If this ship is weak that's just fine. We're not characters from some space opera like Cobra, so we should just leave the fighting to the people who belong to that genre. All we need to do is make their ship just as weak or weaker than our ship. Just make their strength "become nothing." That's the way a misfortunate person fights, don't you think?」

As Kumagawa stomped the screw fully into the ground, a smirk spread across his face.

tumblr_inline_p7fyplFVnX1s0xpld_250.png

「All Fiction」The reality that this ship was hit, and the weapons of that other ship, have become nothing!」

With his All Fiction, Kumagawa attempted to erase both the damage the Discovery or its shields had taken and the opposing ship's weapons from reality.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @York
Emily Hayes
@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Others(?)

It was then that she realized, at least partially what he was planning to do.

Xgx1uT1.png

"I can use my stone magic to seal the hole if there's a problem." She said... Though she peered at the portal some more, assessing the situation for a moment.

However, before she could say anything more... It would appear that someone who had just joined them might just be able to resolve the situation here for the moment. Although, even if the ship was no longer a problem, and the enemy ship was disarmed, there was still a few things left to deal with. For instance, establishing contact with that other ship, and figuring things out somehow.

"Elliot. Can you open a portal into the ship that was attacking us?" She asked.

It was certainly a bit more of a solid plan than opening a hole into space itself, but... Perhaps Elliot had something else in mind, since she doubted he would just open up a breach in the ship's hull for no reason at all...​

"That would be far too dangerous!" Burnham exclaimed to Peter. It could apply to both things he said, but for now, she spoke only of what he believed Elliot to be doing. "We must stop him before he does something so reckless!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"That was the plan," Elliot said in response to Emily, though he did not turn his head to her. He was singularly focused, to the point that he realized the others would likely figure out this solution was not as easy as he had boasted. He made no comment on whatever Kumagawa was doing, for he did not believe in whatever he was spouting. Indeed, while the crew on the bridge would find it strange that the damage to their ship seemed to fluctuate, the assault continued.

"If you have the power you say you do, then like me, it may not be as available in this situation as it might normally." Elliot then winced and widened his stance. "You're right, we're not those characters, but who said we can't write the story--!?"

Elliot winced a second time and grunted in pain. The portal before him snapped open outside of his control, showing a full view of the stars. With a hole so large, a sudden vacuum began to pull the group toward it. Elliot tried to hold his ground, but he started sliding toward the portal. He spoke, but nothing could be heard, for sound had already been lost to the vacuum.

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay

Gakupo was glad no one could hear him scream in this instance. He desperately grabbed for a beam, or something he could hold onto, and reached out for Emily, or anyone who could take his free hand. He should've known. He should've known Elliot would've done something like this!!

@Atomic Knight @York @Kaykay

"That would be far too dangerous!" Burnham exclaimed to Peter. It could apply to both things he said, but for now, she spoke only of what he believed Elliot to be doing. "We must stop him before he does something so reckless!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"That was the plan," Elliot said in response to Emily, though he did not turn his head to her. He was singularly focused, to the point that he realized the others would likely figure out this solution was not as easy as he had boasted. He made no comment on whatever Kumagawa was doing, for he did not believe in whatever he was spouting. Indeed, while the crew on the bridge would find it strange that the damage to their ship seemed to fluctuate, the assault continued.

"If you have the power you say you do, then like me, it may not be as available in this situation as it might normally." Elliot then winced and widened his stance. "You're right, we're not those characters, but who said we can't write the story--!?"

Elliot winced a second time and grunted in pain. The portal before him snapped open outside of his control, showing a full view of the stars. With a hole so large, a sudden vacuum began to pull the group toward it. Elliot tried to hold his ground, but he started sliding toward the portal. He spoke, but nothing could be heard, for sound had already been lost to the vacuum.

Gakupo was glad no one could hear him scream in this instance. He desperately grabbed for a beam, or something he could hold onto, and reached out for Emily, or anyone who could take his free hand. He should've known. He should've known Elliot would've done something like this!!

Emily Hayes
@Raptor Jesus @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Kaykay

Emily frowned; she was a little skeptical how he intended to do this by opening a hole in the ship's hull... And all she could hope for was that the ship had some sort of measure to prevent a disastrious breach. Unfortunately, they quickly found out the hard way that this wasn't the case. Realizing she had to act quickly... Emily concentrated... And though Gakupo might be able to grab her in the process, her focus was on sealing the breach somehow.

iyUXDKK.png

Her amulet lit up with a bright pink light that extended towards the portal, intending to form a magical barrier to seal it, by channeling her stone magic through the breached portion of the ship's hull, she hoped she was able to at least temporarily prevent the breach from causing any harm.

However... Even with her stick to channel her magic, it was evident that Emily was already under considerable strain from the effort; she had always been better at offensive magic, rather than defensive... And she had no idea how long she could sustain this before her body gives out, and they were once again exposed to the vacuum of space.​

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"I suppose we should, even if for a while," Starscream says as he walks towards Elliot's position."

q3HmhPN.jpg

"BY THE ALLSPARK, WHAT IN THE SCRAP IS HAPPENING HERE?"

Elliot had generated a giant rift, akin to a Space Bridge that sucked everything in.

A Space Bridge that malfunctioned really badly tended to do this - a black hole.

As Starscream saw that Emily had created a barrier, Starscream was certain it was safe to move, but not for long.

"Emily, it won't last long, we have to hurry."

He quickly grabbed Gakupo, Sarge, Kumagawa & Emily, transformed into his jet mode and squeezed the four in his two seats.

"Sorry Elliot, there's no room, I'll come back for you later!"

We all know the deeper meaning of this sentence.

Blasting the jets at full speed, Starscream more than countered the vortex's pulling force, enough to blitz back to Burnham's side.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @ThatAverageGuy @Yun Lee @Kaykay @York

The barrier around the portal stopped the pull short and Elliot tripped a few steps forward once it was over. Sweat creased his forehead, though it didn't stop Elliot from trying once again. He reached out and pulled the portal closed, readying the next one right after. "Just a minor slip," he muttered. "This requires considerable concentration, considering that both ships are moving."

Elliot didn't even turn around at Starscream's intrusion. Even if Emily's barrier was removed, Elliot didn't care about the possible ramifications. He had set out a mission for himself and he intended to complete it.

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Crow

The barrier around the portal stopped the pull short and Elliot tripped a few steps forward once it was over. Sweat creased his forehead, though it didn't stop Elliot from trying once again. He reached out and pulled the portal closed, readying the next one right after. "Just a minor slip," he muttered. "This requires considerable concentration, considering that both ships are moving."

Elliot didn't even turn around at Starscream's intrusion. Even if Emily's barrier was removed, Elliot didn't care about the possible ramifications. He had set out a mission for himself and he intended to complete it.

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Crow

"Captain Burnham, I told Elliot that I will return to him," Starscream said in an almost-heroic tone, "I would suggest that all of you stay here. I don't want anyone else sharing the burden and blame should he be sucked into the void... and I couldn't forgive myself if any of you were, either."

He turns to Emily with a worried look.

"I understand how much you are concerned about Elliot, but please, hold concern for yourself as well and take a good rest, where you can expend your energy later."

Starscream left to find Elliot, attempting to create his portal once again. He hid behind the walls near the doors to take peeks at Elliot's progress.

AcFedU3.jpg

"... I suppose it's time to place that permanent grudge on myself..."

Starscream uttered silently with a grin as he watched Elliot set his lightshow up from the shadows. Once the portal was complete, he would take action.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back