Status
Not open for further replies.
"That would be far too dangerous!" Burnham exclaimed to Peter. It could apply to both things he said, but for now, she spoke only of what he believed Elliot to be doing. "We must stop him before he does something so reckless!"

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"That was the plan," Elliot said in response to Emily, though he did not turn his head to her. He was singularly focused, to the point that he realized the others would likely figure out this solution was not as easy as he had boasted. He made no comment on whatever Kumagawa was doing, for he did not believe in whatever he was spouting. Indeed, while the crew on the bridge would find it strange that the damage to their ship seemed to fluctuate, the assault continued.

"If you have the power you say you do, then like me, it may not be as available in this situation as it might normally." Elliot then winced and widened his stance. "You're right, we're not those characters, but who said we can't write the story--!?"

Elliot winced a second time and grunted in pain. The portal before him snapped open outside of his control, showing a full view of the stars. With a hole so large, a sudden vacuum began to pull the group toward it. Elliot tried to hold his ground, but he started sliding toward the portal. He spoke, but nothing could be heard, for sound had already been lost to the vacuum.

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay

"If there was a starfighter,"
Vader replied to Burnham. "I would have finished this battle by now." As it was Vader could only watch on as the two space ships battled it out between one another. "Unless..." He looked around. "The giant droid, do we know if it can survive in the depths of space?"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow

"I suppose we should, even if for a while," Starscream says as he walks towards Elliot's position."

q3HmhPN.jpg

"BY THE ALLSPARK, WHAT IN THE SCRAP IS HAPPENING HERE?"

Elliot had generated a giant rift, akin to a Space Bridge that sucked everything in.

A Space Bridge that malfunctioned really badly tended to do this - a black hole.

As Starscream saw that Emily had created a barrier, Starscream was certain it was safe to move, but not for long.

"Emily, it won't last long, we have to hurry."

He quickly grabbed Gakupo, Sarge, Kumagawa & Emily, transformed into his jet mode and squeezed the four in his two seats.

"Sorry Elliot, there's no room, I'll come back for you later!"

We all know the deeper meaning of this sentence.

Blasting the jets at full speed, Starscream more than countered the vortex's pulling force, enough to blitz back to Burnham's side.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @ThatAverageGuy @Yun Lee @Kaykay @York
The barrier around the portal stopped the pull short and Elliot tripped a few steps forward once it was over. Sweat creased his forehead, though it didn't stop Elliot from trying once again. He reached out and pulled the portal closed, readying the next one right after. "Just a minor slip," he muttered. "This requires considerable concentration, considering that both ships are moving."

Elliot didn't even turn around at Starscream's intrusion. Even if Emily's barrier was removed, Elliot didn't care about the possible ramifications. He had set out a mission for himself and he intended to complete it.

@Raptor Jesus @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Crow
"Captain Burnham, I told Elliot that I will return to him," Starscream said in an almost-heroic tone, "I would suggest that all of you stay here. I don't want anyone else sharing the burden and blame should he be sucked into the void... and I couldn't forgive myself if any of you were, either."

He turns to Emily with a worried look.

"I understand how much you are comcerned about Elliot, but please, hold concern for yourself as well and take a good rest, where you can expend your energy later when neccessary"

Starscream left to find Elliot, attempting to create his portal once again. He hid behind the walls near the doors to take peeks at Elliot's progress.

AcFedU3.jpg

"... I suppose it's time to place that permanent grudge on myself..."

Starscream uttered silently with a grin as he watched Elliot set his lightshow up from the shadows. Once the portal was complete, he would take action.

@Atomic Knight @Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @York @Kaykay
Emily Hayes
@Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Others(?)

Emily abruptly wrenched herself free of Starscream's grip with the aid of her stone magic... Though she seemed a bit worn out to say the least, drenched with sweat, which she wiped off her brow a little with her sleeve.

TmOiF9z.png

"I'll... Be... Fine..." She said between breaths.

As Elliot was attempting to make another portal, she took the opportunity to try and recover as much as she could. It wasn't as taxing on her as the time she had defended and powered a mechanized house, so she might be able to keep this up longer than that... Though she wasn't sure how many times she can keep this up before she eventually gave out, she was determined to give it her all.

Hoping Elliot would be able to make a proper connection this time... She prepared herself to seal the breach in the hull the portal may create again if it lead out into the vacuum of space one more... Silent, but determined to see this through, one way or another. At the moment, she was a little too tired to focus on Starscream, but... Whatever he was planning, she was ready to retaliate, as long as her attention wasn't split between keeping another portal into space closed and Elliot, or anyone else for that matter from getting hurt.​

"I... don't know," Burnham admitted. "That is a question better aimed for the entity himself." She found herself vexed by the situation but figured the situation with the boy, Elliot, was something she did not have to worry about for the time being.

"Unfortunately, our attempts at conveying a message to the attacking ship has been met with failure. It is fast and has taken out most anything we have sent out. We are only standing now due to the fact that they seem unused to the shielding our ships use."

@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Jeremi @Lucky

Elliot, for once, did look back at Emily. He stared at her for a moment, honestly confused at her dedication. Even if she worried he might do something to put the ship in danger, she had to believe there was a chance in this working out or else she would have left him to his own devices like the others had.

Elliot sighed and turned back to the portal. Whatever Emily was thinking, it was useful to Elliot.

The next portal, this one small and manageable, was space again, but Elliot caught a view of the attacking ship from the distance. He was closer. "What is your plan, Emily?" he suddenly asked, working on the next portal. His body tensed under the pressure. "What is your aim? You must have one. You must."

@York @Crow

Emily Hayes
@Raptor Jesus @Crow @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Others(?)

Emily abruptly wrenched herself free of Starscream's grip with the aid of her stone magic... Though she seemed a bit worn out to say the least, drenched with sweat, which she wiped off her brow a little with her sleeve.

TmOiF9z.png

"I'll... Be... Fine..." She said between breaths.

As Elliot was attempting to make another portal, she took the opportunity to try and recover as much as she could. It wasn't as taxing on her as the time she had defended and powered a mechanized house, so she might be able to keep this up longer than that... Though she wasn't sure how many times she can keep this up before she eventually gave out, she was determined to give it her all.

Hoping Elliot would be able to make a proper connection this time... She prepared herself to seal the breach in the hull the portal may create again if it lead out into the vacuum of space one more... Silent, but determined to see this through, one way or another. At the moment, she was a little too tired to focus on Starscream, but... Whatever he was planning, she was ready to retaliate, as long as her attention wasn't split between keeping another portal into space closed and Elliot, or anyone else for that matter from getting hurt.​

"If there was a starfighter," Vader replied to Burnham. "I would have finished this battle by now." As it was Vader could only watch on as the two space ships battled it out between one another. "Unless..." He looked around. "The giant droid, do we know if it can survive in the depths of space?"

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crow
"I... don't know," Burnham admitted. "That is a question better aimed for the entity himself." She found herself vexed by the situation but figured the situation with the boy, Elliot, was something she did not have to worry about for the time being.

"Unfortunately, our attempts at conveying a message to the attacking ship has been met with failure. It is fast and has taken out most anything we have sent out. We are only standing now due to the fact that they seem unused to the shielding our ships use."

Elliot, for once, did look back at Emily. He stared at her for a moment, honestly confused at her dedication. Even if she worried he might do something to put the ship in danger, she had to believe there was a chance in this working out or else she would have left him to his own devices like the others had.

Elliot sighed and turned back to the portal. Whatever Emily was thinking, it was useful to Elliot.

The next portal, this one small and manageable, was space again, but Elliot caught a view of the attacking ship from the distance. He was closer. "What is your plan, Emily?" he suddenly asked, working on the next portal. His body tensed under the pressure. "What is your aim? You must have one. You must."

@York @Crow

Unfortunately for Vader, Starscream had already left to check on Elliot & Emily, but following him was an option.

"What is your aim, Elliot, to use methods prone to trial, error, failure & devastating black holes?"

Starscream walked in on the two as he crosses his arms.

@Jeremi @York @Atomic Knight

@York @Crow

Vader flipped the cape back as he started move, it seemed like he had a plan. "Get the droid on the comms and tell him to meet me at the hangar. I am going to finish this by my own hands." That wasn't a request, it was a command.

@Raptor Jesus @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Lucky

"..."

This did not seem like a solid plan to Burnham, though she did not have enough knowledge of the robot to say it would not work with any certainty. "I believe he is already in the hangar," she said.

@Jeremi

"The aim is to board the enemy ship and destroy it from within," Elliot answered coolly. His next portal was opening slowly, the boy being careful with it. "You would have to be blind to not have caught on to that. If you're suggesting I can not to do that, you would be wrong. I am capable of so much more."

@Crow @York

Then this all solves itself, Vader thought to himself as he made his way towards the hangar.

Unfortunately for Vader, Starscream had already left to check on Elliot & Emily, but following him was an option.

"What is your aim, Elliot, to use methods prone to trial, error, failure & devastating black holes?"

Soon enough Vader found himself in the hangar and saw Starscream. "Droid. What are your capabilities in space? I have a plan."

7qLmzqy.png

"And you are part of it."

@York @Atomic Knight @Crow

@York @Crow

Vader flipped the cape back as he started move, it seemed like he had a plan. "Get the droid on the comms and tell him to meet me at the hangar. I am going to finish this by my own hands." That wasn't a request, it was a command.

"..."

This did not seem like a solid plan to Burnham, though she did not have enough knowledge of the robot to say it would not work with any certainty. "I believe he is already in the hangar," she said.

@Jeremi

"The aim is to board the enemy ship and destroy it from within," Elliot answered coolly. His next portal was opening slowly, the boy being careful with it. "You would have to be blind to not have caught on to that. If you're suggesting I can not to do that, you would be wrong. I am capable of so much more."

@Crow @York
Then this all solves itself, Vader thought to himself as he made his way towards the hangar.

Soon enough Vader found himself in the hangar and saw Starscream. "Droid. What are your capabilities in space? I have a plan."

7qLmzqy.png

Emily Hayes
@Atomic Knight @Crow @Jeremi @Others(?)

At this point, Elliot's questions were at least somewhat valid ones; from an outside perspective, it most definitely seemed like she had an ulterior motive and... ... She actually couldn't really think of a definitive answer to the question. What she was doing right now wasn't the most rational, but... Somehow, she felt it was better than wrestling with Elliot to try and get him to stop what he was doing.

Although, if he were talking about a plan once they got aboard the ship, she did in fact have one...

bpGEDA7.png

"If we can get on board. I want to try to talk them down, communicate with them. But if that fails... We'll take down their weapons." She said, frowning a little.

Honestly, she wasn't sure what exactly Elliot meant by his question, but she gave the best answer she could... Given that if he was asking if she had another motive to helping him... She really wasn't sure.

All she knew was that it... Felt like the "right" thing to do at the time. Perhaps she hoped to change his mindset somehow, out of some sense of responsibility... Or maybe what she was doing right now just felt like the most direct course of action they could take, assuming she could keep Elliot from killing the crew on the enemy ship without at least trying to reason with them.​

"..."

@Jeremi

@Crow @York

7qLmzqy.png

"You know, there's really no point in that if you're just going to use your attempts to destroy this ship from within," Starscream said, "I really do not like being the voice of reason here, so cease any insane actions that need to be reasoned with."

Just then, he noticed someone behind him. It was likely that Emily & Elliot could see him directly.

Ysms4Wu.jpg

"Darth Vader, was it? Have you come to help me collect the children? Elliot's a stubborn one, but I suppose you knew that already."

Vader asks his question.

"I'm pretty spaceworthy despite my alternate mode being based on an Earth vehicle, why do you a- wait, this plan doesn't involve me going into the midst enemy fire, does it?"

Starscream's face at the latter part spelled surprise and worry.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York

Thud.

That was the sound of Gakupo falling to the ground, passed out. What the fuck just happened was too much for even him to process.

Meanwhile, Vader and Starscream would find that they were not alone.

"So you got a plan? What is it? Why do you need Starscream?" GASP! "Are you gonna fly out in space??? Can I come????? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? I can be your copilot! I've never been in a plane before and never one that can talk but it would be so cool!!! Plus I'm a virgin so I can be given to the space pirates. Can robots be considered virgins? I dunno. I don't think I can make little space pirates unless you used me as scrap and made some tiny little ones, like toys or something."

@Jeremi @Crow @Atomic Knight @York

"You know, there's really no point in that if you're just going to use your attempts to destroy this ship from within," Starscream said, "I really do not like being the voice of reason here, so cease any insane actions that need to be reasoned with."

Just then, he noticed someone behind him. It was likely that Emily & Elliot could see him directly.

Ysms4Wu.jpg

"Darth Vader, was it? Have you come to help me collect the children? Elliot's a stubborn one, but I suppose you knew that already."

Vader asks his question.

"I'm pretty spaceworthy despite being based on an Earth vehicle, why do you a- wait, this plan doesn't involve me going into the midst enemy fire, does it?"

Starscream's face at the latter part spelled surprise and worry.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @York

It wasn't as stupid as Vader thought. "There will however be one difference." Vader said moving closer. "I will be the one in control of your frame." He motioned towards Elliot and Emily. "Let the children play their games, I will be the one who puts an end to this."

@Crow @Atomic Knight @York

Thud.

That was the sound of Gakupo falling to the ground, passed out. What the fuck just happened was too much for even him to process.

"So you got a plan? What is it? Why do you need Starscream?" GASP! "Are you gonna fly out in space??? Can I come????? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? I can be your copilot! I've never been in a plane before and never one that can talk but it would be so cool!!! Plus I'm a virgin so I can be given to the space pirates. Can robots be considered virgins? I dunno. I don't think I can make little space pirates unless you used me as scrap and made some tiny little ones, like toys or something."

Sd4SwnF.png

"No."

Thud.

It wasn't as stupid as Vader thought. "There will however be one difference." Vader said moving closer. "I will be the one in control of your frame." He motioned towards Elliot and Emily. "Let the children play their games, I will be the one who puts an end to this."

@Crow @Atomic Knight @York

Starscream seemed to hestitate for a bit, but after a few seconds, he transformed into his jet mode and opened the cockpit.

One pilot seat in front, one co-pilot seat for the back.

B8piRk2.jpg

"Please tell me you at least have a pilot's license, Vader."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York

"Yeah, that's cool. No biggie. Not like I'm gonna sneak on or anything while you're not looking. Psh. Yeah, right. I'm totally staying right here. And not in the plane."

"...heeheehee."

Elliot was about ready to take his portal and toss Starscream, Vader, and Gumi out into space. Somehow, he managed to relent. "Whether we disable them, talk them down, or erase them from existence, it matters not. My plan is the most aligned with victory."

His portal opened to space once again. Emily's barrier was pulled at harshly as a result. Elliot shuddered in pain, his knees starting to buckle under the pressure. "I am not stopping," he said intensely, more to himself than anyone else.

@Crow @York @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Starscream seemed to hestitate for a bit, but after a few seconds, he transformed into his jet mode and opened the cockpit.

One pilot seat, one co-pilot seat for the back.

B8piRk2.jpg

"Please tell me you at least have a pilot's license, Vader."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @York

Vader causally stride up to the cockpit and sat down. "You do not have to concern yourself with my abilities. The Dark Side of the Force will guide me." The Dark Lord took a quick look over the controls of the fighter. This didn't seem to be too difficult. "You are but a tool, I am the Master."

"Yeah, that's cool. No biggie. Not like I'm gonna sneak on or anything while you're not looking. Psh. Yeah, right. I'm totally staying right here. And not in the plane."

"...heeheehee."

"If you wish to be nothing more than scrap,"
Vader didn't even bother to look around. "You will remove yourself from this craft right now."

Elliot was about ready to take his portal and toss Starscream, Vader, and Gumi out into space. Somehow, he managed to relent. "Whether we disable them, talk them down, or erase them from existence, it matters not. My plan is the most aligned with victory."

His portal opened to space once again. Emily's barrier was pulled at harshly as a result. Elliot shuddered in pain, his knees starting to buckle under the pressure. "I am not stopping," he said intensely, more to himself than anyone else.

"You do as you wish."
Figuring Burnham had the comms open to the area he spoke into the air. "Burnham, open the hangar doors, it is time for me to finish this."

@Crow @York @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
There was certainly an ethical concern to be raised about letting Vader fly out into space in a vessel he even said he knew very little about, but what else could Burnham do? If both parties felt confident in what they were doing, perhaps their only hope was to trust the two of them.

So, with some hesitation, she opened the hangar doors, turning off and on various energy barriers as well to keep Emily, Elliot, and Gumi safe.

There was certainly an ethical concern to be raised about letting Vader fly out into space in a vessel he even said he knew very little about, but what else could Burnham do? If both parties felt confident in what they were doing, perhaps their only hope was to trust the two of them.

So, with some hesitation, she opened the hangar doors, turning off and on various energy barriers as well to keep Emily, Elliot, and Gumi safe.

The moment of truth. Vader closed the cockpit and put his hands on the controls and readied himself. He had dealt with worse odds in the past with worse crafts. There was only one foe out these and Vader knew that the power of the Dark Side of the Force would see him through. With a flick of a switch he was off ready to engage their foe.

Vader causally stride up to the cockpit and sat down. "You do not have to concern yourself with my abilities. The Dark Side of the Force will guide me." The Dark Lord took a quick look over the controls of the fighter. This didn't seem to be too difficult. "You are but a tool, I am the Master."

"If you wish to be nothing more than scrap,"
Vader didn't even bother to look around. "You will remove yourself from this craft right now."

"You do as you wish."
Figuring Burnham had the comms open to the area he spoke into the air. "Burnham, open the hangar doors, it is time for me to finish this."

There was a small shuffling noise as Gumi slinked out of the plane.

"...killjoy."

@Jeremi

The moment of truth. Vader closed the cockpit and put his hands on the controls and readied himself. He had dealt with worse odds in the past with worse crafts. There was only one foe out these and Vader knew that the power of the Dark Side of the Force would see him through. With a flick of a switch he was off ready to engage their foe.

Emily Hayes
@Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Others(?)

Emily frowned... Though she didn't say it out loud yet, she didn't seem so sure about what Elliot said... Although it was the best they had to work with. Fortunately, it looks like they had a fallback plan; Vader and Starscream were working together, for the better or worse, to deal with the enemy ship.

Although she was still trying to maintain effort to keep Elliot's portal from causing a leakage of air... It wasn't certain how long she would keep this up, or if she, or Elliot, would be the one to give way first.

Nevertheless, as he was determined to keep going, she decided she would at the very least... Try and outlast him in strength, so even if his plan failed, he wouldn't be putting others in the Hangar at risk.

However, out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Gakupo collapsed, and... Managed to lock eyes with Gumi, even despite sweating rather profusely. Trying her best to speak despite the strain being put on her body.

aM4ZABp.png

"If this... Goes... Wrong... Help your brother... Get him out of the hangar..." She muttered.

Had her stone been able to speak with her, it probably would have been trying to convince her to let it take over from here... If it wasn't trying to wrest control of her body from her to begin with. Although this meant she wasn't able to use the full potential of the stone's power... Which meant using defensive magic was alot more difficult than it could have been, she was determined to persevere... One way or another...​

Out of Megatron's command and into someone else's, such was fate for Starscream.

Either way it went, Starscream was going to enter the midst of enemy fire. His general instincts would tell him to avoid it, but it looks like he wouldn't be avoiding it anytime soon.

"It would make sense to select a path with as little enemy fire as possible, now wouldn't it, Vader? Aha..."

It was worth a shot, even if he didn't succeed.

In a matter of seconds, all was ready as the two traversed space. Starscream's blasters and wheel were now in Vader's control, alongside those high-powered, low speed heat-seeking missiles.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back