Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorian nodded and pulled Connor in close, resting his head against Dorian's chest. "Then I sincerely hope I am not a fool for allowing you to join me. I'm afraid you might be my biggest weakness yet, amatus."

@Lucky

Meira let out a long, heavy sigh. She leaned against the wall and waited, knowing there was nothing for her to add to the moment.

Morrigan was silent for a long moment as she let the others' despair wash over her. She closed her eyes. "'Twas not something we could have sensed easily," she said, her voice grim. "Spirits possessing hosts is not uncommon in Thedas, but 'tis rare for the host to still be in control of their body... In this manner, the spirit's presence is hidden. His presence remained hidden after the mage's death, just long enough for him to..." Morrigan shook her head.

"Even I could have sensed it if I had only not underestimated this apostate."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Dead and gone fella," Castle replied to the Pokemon. "Was just a little going away present with a huge payoff...for the bad guys that is." He probably shouldn't be joking right now but considering the situation. "There's a couple of those Great Spirits left right? Just don't let those get offed and we're set!"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Crow @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Sark @Hahli Nuva

"I see."

A somber, deep voice shot back to Castle and Morrigan. The alien's eyes grew dim and contemplative once more. "... Castle has a valid claim. This is only one error. It can be fixed if we do not allow the remaining Great Spirits to fall. That is easier said than done."

Deoxys hadn't much else to say on the matter. No thoughts to spare, either. All it did was cast a look to Morrigan, and no human being could hope to understand a look from a creature that has only eyes to express itself.

It was a look.

"Consider this an important lesson, then. The tone for the rest of the mission has been set."

The alien turned away and began to drift out of the room, carrying some of the room's pressure with it. "Let me know when we proceed with the next objective."

@Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @York @Atomic Knight @whoever

Deoxys narrowed its eyes at Castle, seemingly aware of his implication and unamused by it.

"Ben copied my genetic sequence and became a deoxys during the battle. I was ensuring that the copy was not permanent. When the battle was over... I wish to ensure that there is only one deoxys, even if Ben did perform well."

The pokemon's words were heavy with intent. Was it jealous of Ben? No one can know, as Deoxys' piercing glare told no stories other than a strong distaste for Castle at the moment.

"If there is nothing else, I will go and--"

Thump.

The initial noise was enough to get Deoxys moving. The alien was abruptly consumed in a flash of psychic energy, vanishing with the eerie light as it subsided.

DEOXYS used TELEPORT!

The air behind Morrigan, Urbosa, Medea - anyone standing over the source of the wet thump - rushed outward as a flash of energy heralded Deoxys emerging from seemingly nowhere. The alien stepped forward past them, sparing no time even to recognize their words as it scanned the premises, arcs of a deep violet energy crackling between its tentacles like electricity.

"Where are they. WHERE IS THE ENEMY?"

The pokemon sharply raised its voice, conjuring an unseen force that violently shook the room for a split second.

There was no enemy to be found. No psychic senses nor mortal senses could detect any fleeing being - supernatural or otherwise. Deoxys seemed to realize this without anyone needing to say so, as the pressure radiating from its body finally beginning to vanish when it laid eyes upon the corpse.

Another failure.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Crow @York @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Sark @Hahli Nuva

Schala Zeal
@Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @Atomic Knight @CrunchyCHEEZIT

As she went around, healing those that she could... Schala felt something.

A chill that caused the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up.

Was it a premonition? A gut feeling? Whatever it was made her suddenly stop what she was doing, suddenly making a break for Origin, just in time to see him get impaled by a spirit... Before Morrigan put it to an end.

"No... No! I... I should have... I could have-...!" She shouted, anguish filling her voice.

Tears welled up in her eyes... Soon streaming down her face as she collapsed to her knees, the memory of Artorius pushing her aside with a black mass... And slaying the great spirit Verius.

She was powerless then to stop what would ultimately happen, but here... She just missed something.

A small detail that could have meant life or death for Origin.

All she had accomplished by rushing here, was getting there just in time to witness the great spirit's end.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

She continued on like this for some time... Seeming to have tuned out her surroundings for a short while, the full weight of her perceived failure practically crushing her... Even as she reached out to grasp the space Origin once occupied, as if somehow she could bring him back...​

"Dead and gone fella," Castle replied to the Pokemon. "Was just a little going away present with a huge payoff...for the bad guys that is." He probably shouldn't be joking right now but considering the situation. "There's a couple of those Great Spirits left right? Just don't let those get offed and we're set!"

Ben's straight mouth curved up a little when Deoxys did a mild compliment, only to bend down when greeted by the green spectre that disappeared nigh-instantly.

"Out of ten?" Ben looked to Castle. "This is a lot worse than I assumed it was." He briefly looked at Majima. "That guy's right."

He approaches Schala, placing a palm on her shoulder. "You're not alone on this. Everyone's sharing the burden of losing Origin, as a team. I feel just as upset as you are, but the reason why I'm standing strong is because there are still other Great Spirits and other people that need our protection. Can you stand strong with us, just for a little longer?"

@Yun Lee @Ver @Sark @Hahli Nuva @Kaykay @Jeremi @Crow @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies

Wade/Deadpool

Wade would give Quentin a big smile back, trying to ignore the flushing of his cheeks against his face. He was hurrying to the place as well, but turned back to notice that Quentin had been limping from his injuries. Though he didn't have super hearing, he could tell that he was in visible distraught as well .

" Hey, I got you, let's hurry together," he said, going to grab Quentin's hand to see what was going on now.

@Space_Candy

WAKA6dm.png

Chapter Two
“Behind the Eight Ball”
After Othinus’ plans had been thwarted, the Revanchist moved rapidly to enact the plans they had been building toward since their inception. Milla Maxwell, Lord of Spirits, informed the Coalition that the Revanchist were rapidly making moves in order to kill the Great Spirits, entities that kept the multiverse in balance. The Coalition gathered who they could and split the team into two groups in order to combat the Revanchist simultaneously.

The first assault occurred at the House of Mystery, home base of the Multiverse Emergency Unit, where Origin was being protected. The leaders of the magical organization, the Coven, divided everyone into groups of four in order to defend against the Revanchist. Things went awry when Anders and his mage battalion infiltrated the house and cast a counterspell on the House’s defences, causing everyone within the House to be sent to random locations. As the House was multidimensional space, the four groups faced strange and odd threats in their race to get to Origin before the Revanchist.

Anders managed to reach Origin just before Morrigan could, setting off a trap spell that transported everyone within the House to Buckingham Palace in London, England. There, the entirety of the M.E.U. and their allied forces were waiting to ambush the Revanchist mages. A battle began to wage and Anders fled with a small group of mages to pursue Origin who was inside the palace. Inside, Anders was stopped by a barrier that was being powered by the malevolence generated by Jennifer. While Morrigan and Josephine Montilyet worked to maintain the barrier, Carissa, Ingrid, and others came to take down Anders.

Outside the palace, the Revanchist mages began to use blood magic to summon demons from the beyond. A giant demon caused significant damage before ultimately being taken down by Ben Tennyson, Deoxys, Schala Zeal, Wade Wilson, and Quentin Smith.

In the palace, Anders overcame his pursuers by turning their attacks on the barrier, destroying it and revealing Origin. However, Anders used all of his strength and died as a result. The group thought the battle over. Though some were still worried, they ultimately missed as a spirit left Anders’ dead body and impaled Origin, killing him.

7ZwyMQD.jpg

While battles were being waged at the House of Mystery, another battle was raging in the realm of Asgard, home to the Asgardians, known by many as deities in Norse mythology. This unique realm was held in place by magic and existed as a solitary, planetary entity. The people of Asgard were no strangers to war, but the battle that taken over the realm was far more destructive and closer to home than they had known for many years.

The second Coalition unit gathered together to protect the Great Spirits arrived in Asgard in the midst of the fighting. They found themselves on the rainbow bridge that connected the mainland of Asgard with the Bifrost Bridge, a nexus that allowed for instantaneous travel to and from Asgard. Looking toward the mainland, the group could see fighting in the distance and hear the sound of gunfire on the wind.

Cosmo, a member of the Coalition's strike team, was waiting for the group, ready to inform them of the situation and where they were needed. For those unfamiliar with him, seeing a golden retriever in a space suit might have been quite odd. Odder still when they heard the voice with a heavy Russian accent ringing in their head.

vM2U5SK.jpg

“Cosmo happy to see so many come to our aid. Cosmo, however, hopes it would have been under better circumstances.” He paced back and forth like a military general talking to his soldiers. “Revanchist not know where Volt is but are doing their best to figure it out. Might have guessed that Revanchist already fully spread out over Asgard, but Cosmo have three places of importance for you specifically.”

Images of different places came into the group's minds' eye.

“We need a group at the rainbow bridge to protect the observatory. Revanchist nasty customers, like rats they are. Other think I need you for is protecting civilians. Not all Asgardians big muscular and strong, that why they need us to look after them and get them to safety. Finally, group needs to protect vault, where, Cosmo will tell you a secret, Volt is hiding. That is what Cosmo wish you do. Cosmo also want you now to decide where to go. This can not be taken care of without you.”

As he finished, he looked around as if to see if anyone was watching. As a quick aside, the dog added, “Cosmo lied, there is one other place that Cosmo himself was heading. Very secret only Cosmo and a few others know about, could do it alone but always nice to travel with friends.”

"Right, well... In any case, I suppose I shall take command for the Rainbow Bridge in front of the Observatory, if no one else minds," a female voice said, unfamiliar to most possibly, but known definitely to just a few.

XrUaWUg.png

"Riesbyfe Stridberg, at your service. I'd proceed with pleasantries, but we don't have the privilege for that right now, unfortunately. You are all welcome to accompany me if you desire. The more the merrier, though of course, we ought to divide ourselves evenly if we want to effectively push the Revanchist's forces back," the woman said, maintaining a brisk air of seriousness and professionalism, letting the rest of the group pick out where they'd want to go.

CoTEdOY.png

"I will go to the Vault," said Milla Maxwell. She had wanted to protect all of the Great Spirits, but due to the little time before them, Milla had been forced to be here only for Volt. "As the Lord of Spirits, it is my duty to see to Volt's safety."

Character List
@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Cordelia [Fire Emblem]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Krieg as Dr. Strange [Marvel] and Karl Franz I [Warhammer]
@Josh as Ellis [Left 4 Dead] and Clark Kent/Kal El [Smallville]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@Glostechk as Ilse Althaus Brandt [Original Character] and Aya Drevis [Mad Father]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Jack [Street Fighter]
@Space_Candy as Quentin Smith [Dead by Daylight] and Ryan Diaz [Original Character]
@MelodyMeister as Katherine "Kitty" Langley [Original Character] and Reimu Hakurei [Touhou Project]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Hahli Nuva as Will Vandom [W.I.T.C.H.] and Maeve [Paladins]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]
@Sark as Broly [Dragon Ball] and Guy Gardener [DC]​

Last edited:
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy looked around for a moment, catching his breath and looking up from his Deadpool comic. "I ship it, " he mumbled. It was weird to go to an unfamiliar place and he couldn't help but feel that it was a good thing that he hadn't brought his family. This seemed the most dangerous. He put his hand behind his head, looking to see if he knew anyone. " Hey, you kind of look like Superman, do you know him? I'm Billy," He asked addressing Clark. He seemed kind of young, but maybe he was Clark at an earlier age. It was possible with this whole confusing multiverse nonsense. He knew that he would have to explain that to Freddy eventually, but different day, different problem.

@Josh @Everyone

Last edited:
The genius alchemist of the skies was bored by all this. She only came because there was nothing much to do in the Grandcypher. Ripping open her bag of chips, she loudly crunched on them, piece by piece.

"Well, it's good to see some familiar faces here," she grins, "not all good though."

4ge9YOj.png

With that last sentence, she generates a perculiar glowing green rock in her palm, one that some might recognise, tosses it upwards once, then disintegrates it into atoms.

@York @Alex Azure @Josh @Lucky @Ver @Kaykay @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy would look over at the woman, chewing all of the chips and had to wonder what her problem was. He was hungry though, but he felt asking her for chips was only going to get him into a ton of trouble that he didn't need.

"
I wonder what she means by that," he mumbled, looking around the area slightly confused

Billy immediately recognized what that was and stopped in his track. " What the fuck are you doing? That's Kryptonite- did you spread kryptonite into the air? That seems like it might hurt any Kryptonians we might have here.." he said.

@Crow @Josh

Last edited:
Billy Batson/ Shazam

Billy would look over at the woman, chewing all of the chips and had to wonder what her problem was. He was hungry though, but he felt asking her for chips was only going to get him into a ton of trouble that he didn't need.

"
I wonder what she means by that," he mumbled, looking around the area slightly confused

Billy immediately recognized what that was and stopped in his track. " What the fuck are you doing? That's Kryptonite- did you spread kryptonite into the air? That seems like it might hurt any Kryptonians we might have here.." he said.

@Crow @Josh

"That which you call Kryptonite is a complex compound, not an element. Ripping it down to atoms would make it Kryptonite no more," she shrugs, "but I guess they don't teach that at any old school, now do they?"

She hands Shazam a chip.

"Want one, kid?"

@Lucky

Billy Batson/ Shazam

"
Still- the atoms are probably going to remain in the air for a while, meaning it would still be Kryptonite in the air if the atoms reconnect to each other- which you know they can do that" Billy replied, crossing his arms in protest,

Billy took the chip from the weird lady.

"
My name is Billy."

@Crow @Josh

Last edited:
KARL FRANZ PROLOGUE
"The Emperor of Man"

"I shall go protect the citizens."

A voice erupted, stern and full of iron, the clattering and clanking of steel armor echoing afterwards. Through a thin sheet of mist a man covered in armor strode forward. Sashes, ribbons and banners were thrown about his ornate armor in an elegantly morbid presentation. The vibrant hues of yellow and purple were mismatched against depictions of bones and bloody swords. In his right hand, he lifted a golden hammer -- the hammer of the God-Father.

"It is the duty of an emperor to protect his people. The longer we wait, the longer great men, women and children are put to the sword. No more! If we are to die, take comfort that it will be no greater death in the protection of the innocent! Sigmar watches us with his hammer I wield, so brave men, let us put on a show that will make the Chaos Gods tremble!"

With a few steps forward, the Emperor of Man had one goal, one destination. He may of not been the most tactful or social individual, but in truth, his valor and inspiring presence only could rally even the most lowly or degenerate of fighters.

"For the Empire! For the Warhammer!"

And with that, the Emperor marched, war in his heart.

@anybody to protecc

Billy Batson/ Shazam

"
Still- the atoms are probably going to remain in the air for a while, meaning it would still be Kryptonite in the air if the atoms reconnect to each other- which you know they can do it," Billy replied, crossing his arms in protest,

Billy took the chip from the weird lady.

"
My name is Billy."

@Crow @Josh

"I can rebut that in few ways, such as how the crystalline structure that parallels diamond implies that it requires some type of pressure to form, and how different universes have different laws of physics, especially universes where naturally-occuring Kryptonite is nonexistent. You may be from the home realm of this substance, but I..."

The lady does a pose and switches to a more cheerful, girly voice.

720px-Npc_zoom_3040120000_01.png

"... am the world's number one genius beautiful girl alchemist, Cagliostro~. Teehee~."

@Lucky @Josh

@Ver @Kaykay @York @Krieg @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
Billy Batson/ Shazam

" You know- I'm already bored with this conversation. Like- there was a time where it seemed like a good idea, but it has passed," he said, looking over at her and had no clue to what make of this weird anime girl nd her science nature, though he guess she was trying to go be sexy or something, he wasn't sure and he honestly didn't care as he just shrug. " I've seen pretty guys and girls than you, and they aren't half of condescending. But then again, beautiful genius girl don't have to brag that they are smart or right." He stared back at her and finger guns which "accidently" did a small electricity zap on her pose.

@Crow

Last edited:
Maeve was never one for grand adventures or long and drawn out wars. She preferred small skirmishes, most of which involved sorcerers, ninjas, warlords, assassins, and dwarfs. This was clearly not any of that. Or mybe it was? Either way, Maeve cracked her knuckles while listening to the dog talk. Dogs could talk? Weird.

She wondered if any of these people had money. Or better yet, food. Maeve would kill for some Fried Gorlock right about now. Maybe that Kirigiri lady or whoever she had talked to would send her some along with her payment....

"Hmph. Zis isn't ze kind of mission I was hoping for, but money is money."

@Innocent Civilians

Switch_FEWarriors_Microsite_Heroes_Cordelia.jpg

Cordelia descended from her Pegasus, spear in hand. " I'm going to defend the observatory." She shouted to everyone else.​

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" You know- I'm already bored with this conversation. Like- there was a time where it seemed like a good idea, but it has passed," he said, looking over at her and had no clue to what make of this weird anime girl nd her science nature, though he guess she was trying to go be sexy or something, he wasn't sure and he honestly didn't care as he just shrug. " I've seen pretty guys and girls than you, and they aren't half of condescending. But then again, beautiful genius girl don't have to brag that they are smart or right." He stared back at her and finger guns which "accidently" did a small electricity zap on her pose.

@Crow

dqVFrOw.png

"You're a snarky kid aren't you, Billy? Ahaha..."

Cagliostro's voice and expression shifts to a more intimidating mannerism as she laughs, with her quite literally slapping the miniature lightning bolt away with the back of her palm.

"... neat little trick you've got. You say beautiful genius girls don't have to brag, but do they have to show?"

A little sphere of black-hued energy was generated at the tip of Cagliostro's index finger.

@Lucky

Prologue: Jack
"Pastures of Plenty"

No good deed goes unpunished. A common saying, but one that seemed to define Jack in more ways than he could've ever imagined. He made a living trying to protect people, to save them from all kinds of danger, and what did it get him? A life on the run, that's what. Keep one person our of harm's way, and three more were on your tail doing their damnedest to make you regret it.

Well, Jack didn't regret it, not once. Even when it cost him his title of Cracker Jack, something he treasured. Even when it cost him his friends and family. He was probably never gonna see his sister again, or play another game of poker with Rosso, or keep Blair out of harm's way (which, admittedly, she seemed to enjoy doing). And even now, when he ultimately lost out on his home world...he'd do it all over again. Because if he hadn't, he wouldn't have ever wound up in ODMA, and then wouldn't have wound up in Wolfgorge.

In the few months he'd been stationed there, the little place became Jack's new home. The people, the community...everything about Wolfgorge was home, and he protected it every bit as fiercely as he did his old home. Which was why he was one of the first people to jump at the opportunity to shut Revan and his operation down. Now not only was his home in danger, but everyone's was. And, well...that just wasn't right in Jack's book.

In Asgard, those gathered found themselves shadowed by the former bouncer. Dressed in cowboy attire and practically bulging with muscle, he stuck out not just in Asgard, but in the group itself.

View attachment 3830

"I'll be takin' watch over the civilians," Jack said. The folks of Asgard need protectin'."

@Everyone (Tag me for the stronghold mission!)​

Last edited:
Billy Batson/Shazam

Billy looked over at her and offered a simple smile at her acknowledging that he was snarky. He didn't have much to offer in terms of other things he could do as Billy without giving away he was a hero, but he decided to be a smart kid and look at her.

"
Well, if they are ready beautiful genius girls, they wouldn't have to show either," he simply replied, not flinching at her summoning a small sphere of black-hued energy. " I've seen worst things than you," he simply replied back to her.

@Crow

Last edited:
Wolf / Sekiro
@Lucky @Crow @anyone

A rugged shinobi blended in with the group. Wearing an orange jacket, he hardly had a presence at all; his shallow breaths, light steps, and blank expression all culminated to achieve this without any use of magic whatsoever. His eyes darted around calmly, thoroughly examining the atmosphere that contrasted Ashina in many, many different ways. Beings from all over the multiverse had gathered here, and he knew none of them, but he didn't care. All he wanted was to quickly deal with the multiversal threat and return home-- just as Kuro, his lord, had asked. Then, they could pursue Immortal Severance without anxiety.

"You're a snarky kid aren't you, Billy? Ahaha..."

Cagliostro's voice and expression shifts to a more intimidating mannerism as she laughs, with her quite literally slapping the miniature lightning bolt away with the back of her palm.

"... neat little trick you've got. You say beautiful genius girls don't have to brag, but do they have to show?"

A little sphere of black-hued energy was generated at the tip of Cagliostro's index finger.

"...!"

Imagine his surprise when a small squabble broke out within his company.

Cv5GYIf.png

"..."

The ninja's expression hardened, and he immediately drew his sword, staring in contempt at both Cagliostro and Billy. He said nothing, but let out an annoyed exhale, making it obvious that he wasn't playing around and that a wrong move was ill-advised.

His first impressions of the Coalition were not good. The last thing he wanted to worry about was in-fighting with his temporary allies, but he'd eliminate them without mercy if it came down to it.​

Last edited:
CAPTAIN TITUS PROLOGUE
"And They Shall Know No Fear"

The sound of thunder and iron in the distance seemed quiet from where he stood - or, rather, kneeled. The 'ground' beneath his boots was naught but light and smoke, a bridge of rainbows that stretched between jagged chunks of land floating in the void. Such an image laid bare before he was interesting, to say the least, as he recalled hearing words of rainbow bridges and halls of valor and glory playing a vital role in the most ancient if human traditions. So old, in fact, not many are aware that men had believed in anything but the Emperor.

The Space Wolves, what little he knew of them, would be overjoyed at the opportunity to be doing His work at a locale such as this. Those were always far more loose with their emotions than the others. Now too eager to speak their mind and reject codes and traditions if it imposed any limit upon their ability to do battle and cut victory from the jaws of the enemy.

For a while, he thought such a thing to be foolish. A Space Marine without order is no real Space Marine - that order teaches any self-respecting marine to hold honor and duty above all else. Bathing the stars in blood was righteous and just as it was doing His work, so said the preachers and pious men of Holy Terra.

Peace was never an option. But neither is genocide.

Is that heresy? There are men with much power who would say so. If He Himself would like to rise from His Golden Throne and speak otherwise... He is more than welcome to.

It's amusing - funny, even - to be thinking about all of that that now, in this place, with all the notches and cuts bored deep within the plates and pauldrons of his mind and body.

Because only now does Captain Titus realize that the wolves were right all along.

They shall know no fear.

Words from the Emperor Himself. For the past several decades, Titus has been doing precisely that.

0wstmBh.png

A strong smell of sulfur was enough to stir the marine out of his prayer, his eyes peeling open to see a blue boot and a knee firmly placed on a rainbow bridge. Titus grimaced, as he is oft to do recently, squeezing the handle of the jagged mechanical blade - the tried-and-true chainsword - and pulling it out from the nonexistent ground. The mountainous space marine rose from his kneeling position like a titan, standing tall enough to see distant figures darting about in the distance, muzzle flashes consuming their frames.

The situation seemed run-of-the-mill, enough that Titus was willing to pray in such an exposed position. A headshot doesn't seem very threatening anymore; either because it won't kill him, or because he doesn't care if it does kill him. In any case, the Space Marine silently turned on a dime, the mechanized joints in his power armor whirring with every massive step he made returning to the rest of the gathered Coalition forces.

"Then it is clear that our focus must be split evenly in both quality and quantity if we are anticipating the enemy to pose heavy opposition on all fronts," a baritone voice rumbled from the armor-clad marine as the two commanders finished their reports. "I trust that you are all far more valuable in war than you look."

The captain maintained his stony expression as he patrolled past any of the characters he'd just indirectly insulted, getting a better look at the fighting in the distance.

The multiverse, as Titus understood it since his Discovery of many years ago, seemed to belch all manners of beings, some human, some aliens, and some who would be executed on sight if they found themselves on the average imperial world. The ex-Ultramarine learned to put tactics at the forefront of his mind for this mission, lest he overthinks on the allies he finds himself with here.

At that point, he'd start reminding himself of the Discovery, and his mind would lose focus. 'A mind without purpose will wander in dark places,' they used to say.

If the captain had his way, he'd have some of those people on this battlefield instead of some of the lot the 'Coalition' brought here. If this event is genuinely the doom of all reality that Titus saw over the horizon, one would think they would spare more attention to the men and women they're dragging into the warzone.

Some of them don't deserve to be here. Not because this place is an honor - it is because it is a horror.

The fields of battle aren't a horror for everyone, however.

KARL FRANZ PROLOGUE
"The Emperor of Man"

"I shall go protect the citizens."

A voice erupted, stern and full of iron, the clattering and clanking of steel armor echoing afterwards. Through a thin sheet of mist a man covered in armor strode forward. Sashes, ribbons and banners were thrown about his ornate armor in an elegantly morbid presentation. The vibrant hues of yellow and purple were mismatched against depictions of bones and bloody swords. In his right hand, he lifted a golden hammer -- the hammer of the God-Father.

"It is the duty of an emperor to protect his people. The longer we wait, the longer great men, women and children are put to the sword. No more! If we are to die, take comfort that it will be no greater death in the protection of the innocent! Sigmar watches us with his hammer I wield, so brave men, let us put on a show that will make the Chaos Gods tremble!"

With a few steps forward, the Emperor of Man had one goal, one destination. He may of not been the most tactful or social individual, but in truth, his valor and inspiring presence only could rally even the most lowly or degenerate of fighters.

"For the Empire! For the Warhammer!"

And with that, the Emperor marched, war in his heart.

@anybody to protecc

As the space marine turned away from the distant fighting, he caught glimpses of gaudy armor (gaudier than Titus' armor, evidently) shifting among the Coalition forces, followed by a booming voice attached to the man in the helmet. A close-combat specialist is one thing, but this man was an unaugmented human in basic metal armor, waving a primitive pike about like it was a power glaive.

He looked as if would have heralded from a sorely undeveloped colony in the far rim of the Imperium. One of a thousand worlds that hadn't quite the luck to figure out the secrets of electricity. Titus was always perturbed by the existence of societies and men who've never seen a simple firearm before, so he'd instead not let himself think too much on someone caught in the past.

'Sigmar.' He must be from another universe, then. Fancies himself a servant of some other Emperor of another reality, perhaps? That is technically heresy of the highest order, but Titus didn't care much for that.

It was unfortunate. This man was going to get himself killed. Titus shook his head, beginning to lumber past to speak to Cosmo.

"...that will make the Chaos Gods tremble!"

"!?"

Titus froze like a statue. Did he hear right? The space marine turned to look at the emperor - he was towering over the man, yet the man was still radiating with an aura of confidence and leadership that was all too familiar for Titus.

Was this man... from his universe? An actual inhabitant of the Imperium?

"You speak of the Chaos Gods by name. That is no coincidence, is it?" Titus spoke, hopefully catching the emperor's attention after his battle speech.

Karl Franz may be surrounded by technology far more advanced than anything found within his Empire or the mountain homes of the Dwarves, but the ornate golden Aquila and skull-like designs engraved within Titus' armor would have seemed eerily similar. The glorious gold of Empire war machines and the shields and armor of the most decorated of knights in the Old World.

"I do not know many guardsmen who are so eagerly selfless for anything other their commanders. Let alone one that knows about the Ruinous Powers. Your commanding officer would have given you the Emperor's mercy for even thinking of something so profane," he mused, suggesting that Franz was a mere guardsman.

mv5KJwQ.png

"That is if you even fight against the same dark gods that I do. Tell me who you are, stranger."

@Krieg @whoever​

Billy Batson/Shazam

Billy being the typical fourteen year old he was had the only reaction when he saw the maan holding the sword in contempt. The last thing he wanted to do was make someone his enemy. " She started it by summoning something that could have hurt an ally," he protested, hating to be in the trouble of another adult male.

@Ottonomous Ghost @Crow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back