Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
View attachment 4930

"Oh, my. So many candidates to choose from. If I had known you humans would leap at the opportunity to tether with me..." The Great Spirit giggled mischievously, her pointed ears almost twitching with delight at the exchange before her. Floating away from Shigure, as though deciding to give the poor boy a break, Muzét floated over to Bayonetta and Severa next as they spoke to her.

"Of course, I'm not entirely picky either. Frankly, at this rate, just about anyone would do," she said wryly, in particular putting a finger under Severa's chin and perking it up slightly as though to get a better look at her. Peering deeply into the redhead's eyes, the Great Spirit tilted her head curiously. "Such a loud girl, though. You've certainly got a lot of emotion and passion just waiting to explode out. I admire that in humans; such unbridled fervor is what makes you all interesting to observe after all," she teased.

From there, Muzét laid out her holy form in the air horizontally, her head resting atop her hand as though she were laying on an invisible bed, as she looked to Deoxys, a more collected look on her features now. "You do have quite an interesting look to you; seems that you aren't even human at all. Curious," she mused, her other hand holding her chin pensively. "But yes, your purpose was to retrieve and escort me to the base of operations for your... Coalition, was it? I suppose reuniting with my dear sister Milla in any environment would still be preferable to this dreary room," she spoke, to which Crowley only blankly stared forward, as though officially zoning out of the conversation. "I'd hope to avoid it entirely, but if I do end up having to defend myself in the event of an enemy ambush, perhaps we might meet each other on that battlefield, and I can show you all the things we can do together," she winked.

"So this is what it looks like to other people..." Touma murmured all the while in the background.

View attachment 4931

"But I'm not much of a heartbreaker myself -- picking favorites isn't my favorite -- and I'd prefer to tether with someone I'd be in extended contact with. You all have the rest of your mission to attend to after this, don't you? I wouldn't want to get in the way of that," She hypothesized, deciding to hold off for the time being despite herself.

Indeed, having come into contact with Muzét now, their objective here was as good as done, and once they were able to establish communication with the Coalition, they'd have to go on with the next phase of their defense against the Revanchist. But for now...

View attachment 4933

Looking over to Bayonetta again, Muzét gave an intrigued smile, to say the least. "By the by, is your outfit entirely comprised of your hair? Do you fight with it? I do too! My outfit is pretty much comprised of spiritual energy, so it'd be trouble if I were to run out of that. Between you and me, Milla is the same way too!" She laughed girlishly, practically gossiping about her sister and fellow spirit.

"What."

@Crunch @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @York @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Everybody
"That's right, luv." Bayonetta did a little twirl as her outfit reformed itself As she stopped. "Not too often I see individuals outside of my world use it though, Either way, we're on a tight schedule so perhaps it's about time for you to decide who to latch unto so we can get out of here?"

@Crunch @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @York @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Everybody

Mikoto's eyes were closed for the duration of the conversation with Muzét. She shook for just a moment, before taking a few steps toward Touma. She looked outwardly calm, even as raised her hand and roughly pushed the boy to the side.

"I have a better idea," she said, sparks of electricity appearing around her briefly. She still held her hand outward, but was now bringing her arm toward her chest. She balled her hand into a fist and held it in front of her face as if taking a determined stance. "Direct-tether with me, Muzét."

She slowly turned her head toward Touma and smiled.



"I think that's the best course of action here."

Of course, there had to be yet another disturbance.

"Hold up!"

From behind Crowley's tube came another girl with long, blonde hair. Her eyes scanned the group for a moment before looking absolutely horrified.



"Muzét!" she cried. "Why are all these people here?! What did you do?!"

Misaka's attention turned to the girl and her eyes narrowed. She forgot all about Touma and tethering immediately. "You're Junko Enoshima..." Sparks of electricity formed in the air between Junko and Misaka. The electric girl felt a sudden tug and she took a step toward Junko. "What the--"

Junko blinked. Though the distance between them was at least a dozen feet, Junko reached out as if to touch Mikoto. She yelped though, when a magical force appeared before her. "Eep!!" The magical force condensed together to form the image of Milla Maxwell. The magical projection of the woman turned to Muzet, sighed, and placed a hand on her hip.



"Muzét, don't tell me you're gossiping."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Donder172 @Capri @Crow @Ver @Crunch @Minerva @Takumi @Past



The cat led the group to where everyone else was. Its purpose was clear as it quickly jumped toward Piper and hissed at the woman. "W-What's got you so worked up, little guy?" she said, sounding slightly worried.

"I see no reason to carry this farce further," Kyosuke said. Piper turned to him to find his sword pointed at her neck. "Put down that amulet immediately," he ordered Chise. "Who knows what it truly is."

"Hey, I don't even--" Piper began to say, but a shot rang out and the woman jerked backward and fell to the ground. Down the hall was another Piper, half her face drenched with blood.

"Damn bastard tried to knock me out and stash me during the explosion!"

The Piper on the ground slowly began to change turning into an odd, cloaked creature.



"It wasn't supposed to be like this!" declared the creature.

Kyosuke shook his head. "Did you think we would be so easily fooled? Turns out, you were. Volt isn't even on this floor."

He then knelt down to examine the amulet. "I'll confiscate this and see that this agent of despair is locked up. The rest of you, go meet Wynne at the infirmary. If we're lucky, the boy has yet to catch on."

Despite her injuries, Piper navigated the group down to the infirmary while the cat perched itself on Reiner's shoulder. Just outside the entrance door, they found Wynne on the ground.

"He... attacked me."

Inside, the scene wasn't good. Men and women surrounded the boy, who had his palm to the back of a sitting Ellis, who still looked pretty out of it.



"So you're a bunch of liars," said the boy. It seemed likely that the amulet allowed Mithos to hear everything. "No matter. If you don't tell me where the Great Spirit is, I'll kill this one right here."

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @York @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Donder172 @HQ
Even with just a flaming skull for a head, the Rider's smug grin was evident. "Oh well look at that. The woman who was being rude and totally not weird was actually a ghost! Imagine that!" As the group walked past the ghost the Rider gave it a well deserved punt towards the wall for its troubles before they would lock it up.

And then his smugness became an actual glowing aura of triumph as the blond boy stood before them once again. "Well fuck me, not often I'm two for two," He started to saunter slowly towards Mithos and his captive. "No, kid. This is what's going to happen. I'm going to Penance Stare you the fuck up as I said I would and if you kill the redneck I'll hogtie you to my bike and fly you through the sun." The guns he had lumbered around with vanished from his hands. "See everyone around here? Talk a lot of shit and take me as a joke. That's because it means I don't have to do a lot of work and just drink a lot and joke around. Hahaha funny old guy who can turn into a flaming skull head, right? Fact of the matter is I could dump you into a black hole with just a thought. So kid, are you that loyal to your little Revanchist gang to die like two...three...maybe four times over for? I'll let you think about that for a few seconds and we'll go from there."

@Gummi Bunnies @Capri @York @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Donder172 @HQ
 

Gummi Bunnies

The Magus of Flowers
The Convergence Series GM


❝ I take it that we good here? ❞ Majima had no idea who exactly these two, Muzet and Junko, were, but it was easy to tell that they were important for some reason. Especially Muzet, who is the Great Spirit from the sounds of it. But hey, it's like a neat little bow at this point.

@Crunch @Donder172 @Ver @York @Takumi @Crow @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva
@Past




❝ What's stopping you from just doing that anyways even if we follow your demands? There's... not a lot of leg room here for us, if we fully believe where you're coming from here. ❞ Lapis voiced her doubts upon assessing the situation. What a drag. If something bad came out of this, she felt the temptation to use her Miracle magic once again. An ache lingered in her head, she was still recovering from that stunt she pulled earlier. That wasn't good at all, on top of the fact that this was a delicate and dangerous situation.

@Atomic Knight @Capri @York @Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @Sark @Donder172
@HQ
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
"It is all so exceedingly normal," Dorian replied to Connor after letting out a small sigh. After a moment, his expression turned to amusement. "... I am glad to hear that you are getting used to it all."

Junko beamed at Little My and was about to reply positively, but Ben's comment made her scowl. "Ugh, so tired of people mistaking me for, uh, evil me," she said, crossing her arms. "Why can't people just be open minded and not assume that someone is evil--?"

Junko turned her head to Milla, only to find the magical projection of Makoto Naegi standing next to her. "Gah! It's Makoto! Everyone, he's secretly evil!"

1583459972915.png


"Oh, I don't know about that. He looks too cute to be evil if you ask me," Muzet giggled light-heartedly in response to Junko's outburst. "Besides, any human my sister has chosen to ally with could not possibly be of evil."

Makoto let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed at the back of his head. "Ah, I'm a good guy, I promise." He stared at Junko for a moment, longer than he meant to, and the girl scoffed.

"Okay, well, what the hell is going on?" Junko asked.

"The entire reason these people were here in the first place was to find you, Junko," Makoto said. "Well, it eventually became about finding Muzét, but ODMA wanted to help you."

"Ahuh... ODMA? Another group who wants to lock me up, right?"

"No! It's..." Makoto looked around the room. "I don't see Ilona... Well, listen, Ilona decided to go with them, right? She's been kept safe and learning how to control her power. You can too, Junko. It won't be like last time. No longer will you have to find yourself somewhere unknown over and over again."

Junko let out a long sigh. "I see. Jeez, Makoto..." The girl closed her eyes. "I miss everyone so much. All the people I've had to leave behind. Like... you..."



"You know what? I trust you, okay? Let's get the hell out of here already."

"Well, that didn't take long for her to change her tune," Touma murmured, scratching the back of his head idly, though of course, as bad as he felt for being a bit pessimistic about it, he was used to looking gift horses in his mouth, given the misfortune accursed to him because of his right hand.

Even if he was always able to roll with the punches and keep moving forward.

Now more than ever, he had to keep going, just like everyone else.

"It is just so. Being that this is evidently a critical point in time, it stands to reason that the interfering forces are predisposed -- aware of it or not -- to return to their natural state of being," Crowley interjected, expression still not changing for a single moment despite the introduction of several unfamiliar faces. These were concerns for different worlds. Crowley cared more for the matters of his own universe, after all.



Piper let out a hiss of annoyance at Frank. "Come on, he switched with me after the second explosion!" she exclaimed, though this was hardly the time.

As the boy was restrained by Billy, he glared daggers at Lapis and the others. "Of course I would stay true to my word," he said, an edge to his voice. "As long as I got what I desired. You don't understand. Perhaps you're incapable of understanding. You see, all Revan wants is to create a new world. A world for all of us. A world... for my sister and I."

Light burst out of Mithos, forcing Billy to let go. Where Mithos once stood was now the angel, Yggdrasil.



The angel cared little for Frank's taunts. "I will simply raze this entire station to the ground if I must."

God how Frank hated brats. Yaggdrasil raised a hand toward Frank, but Frank was far faster than expected. He grabbed the angel's arm and used his free hand to clutch him by his hair. Frank then adjusted Yggdrasil's head so that he could look him right in the eyes. “Here, you Revanchist bastard, how do you like this?” The Penance Stare was a Spirit of Vengeance's most powerful tool in punishing the guilty and wicked of heart. Every negative action, behavior and sensation, from sins to the pain of others, that Yggdrasil had ever committed in his lifetime overtook his mind. For once the great hero felt all the suffering he had delivered to others fall right back unto him.

Yggdrasil fought against the man's overwhelming power. His body writhed and he lashed out with beams of light. Several around the room, endangering the patients and the staff trying to hide from the fighting. In a last ditch effort, Yggdrasil surrounded himself in light and exploded outward, throwing Ellis across the room and causing small light explosions to go off around the medical facility.

As the dust settled, Hope stood in front a few of the patients. He had conjured a shield of magic around as many as he could, but Yggdrasil's magic had put holes in his shield. He let out a shuddering breath, realizing that one had hit Shi-Long Lang, killing him.

As for Ellis, the blow he had received had knocked him completely unconscious once again. Wynne had recovered from her attack and was now checking him, but she realized the worst. "No... No... He's gone."

The old mage let out a long exhale. Yet another life taken. Ellis was just another in a long list of young men and women taken far too early in this terrible fighting. She laid her hands upon the boy, her eyes welling up with tears. "I must try. I must try to save at least one."

Wynne had always known she herself was living on borrowed time. She had died herself, once, only to be saved by a spirit of some kind. It had filled her with life, saved her for a greater purpose. She did not know if the spirit had something specific in mind, but she felt this had to be enough. Saving a young man's life had to be enough. No matter who Ellis was or what he would go on to do, he deserved to live his life to the fullest.

They all did, but Wynne had only one life to give.

"Goodbye," the mage whispered. She then collapsed lifelessly.

Piper ran over to the pair of them. After checking pulses, she shuddered. Ellis was breathing. Wynne, however... "She's dead," Piper said.



Chapter Six
"Down On All Fours"

With Muzét secured and a few more members of the Revanchist out of commission, things were finally looking up for the Coalition. The medical facility had been cleaned and those who had not perished were recovering nicely. However, there was no clear understanding of where the last remaining Great Spirits were, leaving the Coalition unable to immediately retaliate.

"Our joint operation in Avalon is likely nearing its head," Mom Lalonde said to the gathered Coalition board over a conference call. "Whatever the Revanchist has in store, it's likely to happen very soon."

Then came another voice, sounding tired and frustrated. "Hold on," said Paladin Danse, speaking all the way from Ragnarok. His connection was strained. "Ragnarok's gonna fall if we don't send more people out here immediately. There's nothing more the UN can do. The few we keep getting can't keep up."

Makoto looked uneasy. "Right..." He looked to Milla. "Without Aska or Verius, malevolence will keep just growing out of control?"

Milla sighed and crossed her arms. "There might be a way to reverse the damage, but that will take time. And it will take a level of concentration we don't have considering this... war with the Revanchist. Places like Ragnarok, where malevolence is strong, can not be maintained by mortal hands alone right now."

"But--" Makoto let out an exasperated noise. "We need to find Shadow and Chronos, right? And, we don't even know where Celsius is now."

"I would feel them if they were gone," Milla said. She paused then though, looking a bit unsure. "... Either their methods of hiding are effective enough to avoid the Revanchist, or..." She shook her head.



"Or, whatever is happening on Avalon could be related to one of them. We should send people there right away."

"But we need people here on Ash!" Danse pleaded.

1582352524819.png


"We won't be abandoning anyone. You don't have to worry about that," Kyoko said suddenly to Danse, seemingly appearing before the group. "Our numbers may be thinning, but we still have enough to be able to evenly divide some away teams for Ragnarok and Avalon," she said, arms folded as she stood resolute. Despite everything that had happened, it was a miracle she was able to continue steadfast, but perhaps it was just all she could do at this point.

"All we have to do is hope. Believe in them. Believe in us," Doppo said, standing beside Kyoko, almost looking like her own personal aide in place of Makoto, adjusting his glasses as he spoke.

***

For the forces sent to Avalon, the situation was a lot more quiet than what was going on in Ragnarok. At least for now. The group was met by four men, Alvin, Rowen, Byakuya, and Deadshot, half of them members of the Coalition and half members of ODMA.



"The guy who runs the hotel, he's been using a machine to make people," Alvin was explaining. "Makes them incomplete and without personalities so that they'll do whatever he asks."



"He's been covertly sending them around Avalon," said Rowen. "It's not entirely clear what exactly he's been doing with them. Setting up for some kind of spell, certainly."

"Frankly, he's slipped by us more than we would have liked..."



"And while we waste time catching them up, he's continuing his machinations," Byakuya said bluntly. "There's no time. Split yourselves up in half. Alvin and Rowen will be going a warehouse in Electric Town. Deadshot and I are heading underground."

1582357117272.png


"Just don't get in the way," Deadshot himself spoke to the prospective few who would choose to accompany him and Byakuya, his masked features barely able to hide his cold, almost disinterested demeanor. "As long as we don't waste time on frivolities, we can be in and out before dinnertime. Get it? Got it? Good."



The situation on Ash was dire. Many of the outposts across the landscape had already fallen, leaving the bulk of the Ragnarok forces in the city of Charon or maintaining a defensive line at the Outway station. The leader of the UN forces of Ragnarok, Gaius, met with the forces sent by the Coalition at Outway to brief them on what they could do.

"The situation at our defensive line is stable," Danse explained over a radio. "That will not last long, however. There are places out on Ash that are pouring out malevolence at a staggering amount. It's making the wildlife and monsters go nuts. No one can last long outside of Charon or Outway long enough with getting sick or going mad, so we can't go to the danger sites."



"That's why we're sending two groups," Gaius said. He nodded to Milla and Alisha Diphda. "One group will go with Maxwell, and another with Alisha. They have the power to keep each group safe long enough to get to the danger sites and see what they can do to stop the malevolence."



"I will be going to the Cathedral," Milla said. "Alisha will be going to Piper's Landing."

1582356840266.png


"I won't let you down! Let's do our best, everyone!" The girl named Alisha exclaimed eagerly, clenching her fist as though barely able to contain her resolve to prevail against the enemies that waited for them.



CHARACTER LIST

@Crow as Ben Tennyson [Ben 10] and Cagliostro [Granblue Fantasy]
@Takumi as Chise Hatori [The Ancient Magus Bride] and Shigure [Fire Emblem]
@Minerva as Corrin [Fire Emblem] and Yennefer [The Witcher]
@Crunch as Deoxys [Pokemon] and Titus [Warhammer]
@Josh as Ellis [Left 4 Dead] and Clark Kent/Kal El [Smallville]
@Jeremi as Frank Castle AKA "The Rider" [Marvel] and Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
@amwexia as Little My (Moomin) and Foo Fighters (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [Original Character] and Macy Moretti [Original Character]
@Donder172 as Meceliss [Star Wars] and Courier Six [Fallout]
@Sark as Yoda [Star Wars] and Guy Gardener [DC]
@York as Reiner Braun [Attack on Titan] and Schala Zeal [Chrono Trigger]
@Gummi Bunnies as Rinato "Rin" Dormi AKA "Lapis Lazuli" [Original Character] and Goro Majima [Yakuza]
@Yun Lee as Severa [Fire Emblem] and Libra [Fire Emblem]
@Space_Candy as Quentin Smith [Dead by Daylight]
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa [Dies Irae] and Ren Fujii [Dies Irae]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index] and Riesbyfe Stridberg [Type-Moon]
@Lucky as Wade Wilson AKA Deadpool [Marvel] and Billy Batson AKA Shazam [DC]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Wolf AKA Sekiro [Sekiro] and Blitzcrank [League of Legends]​
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
What had happened on the base was a nightmare. Two more lost because he'd let his guard down...no more. With Volt safe, Libra could no longer sit by and leave this war alone. And that meant he'd need to go back to where it all began for him: Ash.

It broke his heart to see this place in such a state, having worked so hard to help its people heal in the past. But no matter. He was going to save it now. Electing to go to this cathedral, he was ready to do all he could to save this world...and all others, too.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ash

---

"...Ugh."

To put it lightly, Severa was not happy to be back in Avalon. The stupid little city where she couldn't keep a job and had to live in a crummy apartment with cheap food...awful, awful place. But here she was, trying to save it from evil. "I've had enough science and technology to last me forever," she said. "I'll be going underground, thank you very much!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Avalon
 

Capri

the bicon
Mentor
LITTLE MY
AVALON
Little My's eyes wandered around the gigantic city. Little My has genuinely never seen anything like it. I mean, London and Academy City from her escapade through time, but neither were like Avalon.

Her eyes then wander the crowd, searching for a certain silver-haired knight who Little My has separated from after the entire Dhaos thingy. She doesn't even know if Ries is actually here, but she found someone she recognizes. It was the redhead who was with her and Cagliostro and gun lady and Sugar Ray on the time thingy.

It's good to stay close to someone she knew for now.

"Hey!" Little My called out to Severa, "I'm gonna stay with you for now, if that's okay. If it's not, then too bad! Tell me if you see a girl with white hair in a ponytail around here if you want to. As soon as I see her I'll be out of your hair,"

@Avalon


FOO FIGHTERS
ASH
FF surveyed the wreckage of Ragnarok, seeing the carnage... the bloodshed... brings her back to the Headquarters.

Downing a bottle of water, FF approached Alisha Diphda and gave her a small salute.

"Boss!" she briefly muttered before her hand morphed into a gun and she took guard.

@Ash


@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Jeremi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
What had happened on the base was a nightmare. Two more lost because he'd let his guard down...no more. With Volt safe, Libra could no longer sit by and leave this war alone. And that meant he'd need to go back to where it all began for him: Ash.

It broke his heart to see this place in such a state, having worked so hard to help its people heal in the past. But no matter. He was going to save it now. Electing to go to this cathedral, he was ready to do all he could to save this world...and all others, too.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ash

---

"...Ugh."

To put it lightly, Severa was not happy to be back in Avalon. The stupid little city where she couldn't keep a job and had to live in a crummy apartment with cheap food...awful, awful place. But here she was, trying to save it from evil. "I've had enough science and technology to last me forever," she said. "I'll be going underground, thank you very much!"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Avalon
Where else would Frank go but Ash? Probably a bigger disaster than himself. He hadn't thought much about the fact that his little stunt with Mithos got others of the alliance killed. That was after all par the course in war. And he just killed an evil child so he did something good right?

He didn't know when he had stayed in Spirit of Vengeance form and he wasn't about to switch now. "Cathedral huh? Sounds like fun. Count me in."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ash




"As charming as going underground sounds, and with such lovely people." She looked over to Byakuya and Deadshot as she said that. "Now who wants to be a dear and tag along to the warehouse?"
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Heading underground with me huh, gremlin?" Severa couldn't help but be charmed by Little My. Small and loud and always speaking her mind? Only the best girls were like that! "Feel free to stick with me or whatever. I haven't even talked to those guys yet but I already KNOW you're better company."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri

---

Noticing that Frank had joined the trip to the cathedral, Libra realized that perhaps he had been too harsh with the man. After all, out of the two of them, who had managed to sniff out Piper and defeat the infiltrator? Even if his personality and pessimistic outlook on things was...unfavorable, he'd still done right, and possibly prevented even more casualties. Swallowing his pride, Libra said, "I believe I owe you an apology for my behavior back at headquarters. I allowed my own emotions to get in the way of our mission, and put my faith in the wrong person."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
"Heading underground with me huh, gremlin?" Severa couldn't help but be charmed by Little My. Small and loud and always speaking her mind? Only the best girls were like that! "Feel free to stick with me or whatever. I haven't even talked to those guys yet but I already KNOW you're better company."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri

---

Noticing that Frank had joined the trip to the cathedral, Libra realized that perhaps he had been too harsh with the man. After all, out of the two of them, who had managed to sniff out Piper and defeat the infiltrator? Even if his personality and pessimistic outlook on things was...unfavorable, he'd still done right, and possibly prevented even more casualties. Swallowing his pride, Libra said, "I believe I owe you an apology for my behavior back at headquarters. I allowed my own emotions to get in the way of our mission, and put my faith in the wrong person."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi


"You're damn right you did," Came the Cosmic Ghost Rider's reply to Libra. "Word of the wise holy man. Never trust pretty people. They always have something to hide..."



"And kids. Never trust kids either."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
Well, he had apologized. But it was clear Frank and Libra were on completely separate wavelengths. Hopefully they could at least work together before parting ways for good after this. "This cathedral...if I recall correctly, it's out of reach of Charon. I don't believe I ever set foot outside the city while stationed here." What awaited them was anyone's guess.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi
 

Capri

the bicon
Mentor
"Heading underground with me huh, gremlin?" Severa couldn't help but be charmed by Little My. Small and loud and always speaking her mind? Only the best girls were like that! "Feel free to stick with me or whatever. I haven't even talked to those guys yet but I already KNOW you're better company."
"Like I said, it's only temporary until I find Ries, if she's even here..." Little My responded.

@Yun Lee @Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi
 

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
Alvin and Rowen had the easier task of leading the group through the city and to the Electric Town district. It was not a long walk, shortened further by the group's need to rush.



Electric Town was a bustling section of Avalon that always seemed to be on the move. It wasn't easy for the group to travel through quickly without drawing too much suspicion. Thankfully, it was not long before they arrived outside the warehouse.

"We don't know what will be waiting inside," Alvin said. "No matter what, we have to stop whatever the husks are doing."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Warehouse



Byakuya gave Severa a withering look, but said nothing as he turned to lead his group away. He and Deadshot led their group down a couple back alleys and through what appeared to be a sewer grate into the expansive spaces of the underground.



Despite the look of the underground, it was far from a bad place to be. It was largely safe, due to the amount of civilians who simply preferred it to living above-ground. The ODMA representatives had no time for dawdling though. They found their way to a small corridor and into a space that had gone unused by many. Unfinished wiring meant that the lighting in this area was dim, so the group could see little as they were led to a metal door.

"We must stop the husks," Byakuya said. "You are authorized to kill them."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Underground



For both groups currently on Ash, they had each been given an armored vehicle for transportation purposes. Each had been given a driver or two to accompany them on the journey, though Komaru Naegi had little desire to leave the vehicle transporting Alisha's group.



"As the driver, I really should stay here, right? Eheh..." She blinked. "Oh, what if the vehicle doesn't protect me from malevolence? Man..."

Outside of the vehicle was Piper's Landing, a small village thoroughly corrupted by malevolence.



Though it was normally a den of cultists and thieves, it was likely that the increased malevolence meant that the village was completely deserted. Well, by any mortal, at least.

@Ver @Capri @Piper's Landing



As the vehicle transporting Milla's group came to a stop before the cathedral, Milla was quick to open the hatch at the top and start climbing out. The driver, a man named Ivar, called after her.




"Lady Milla, you should wait up for me!"

The woman popped her head back through the hatch and stared at him. "... Yes, best you and everyone else stick close to me, or else the malevolence might get to be too much to handle." Milla then popped back out and hopped off the vehicle.

"I-I meant that I should protect you..." he said, shaking his head.



The cathedral was a looming menacingly over the group, as if hiding dark secrets. No one knew what lay inside, as no one had felt the need to check it out n a very long time. It was clear that waves of malevolence were emanating from the structure.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral



Undecided: @Crow @Takumi @Minerva @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost
 
Last edited:

Capri

the bicon
Mentor
LITTLE MY
@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee
Little My immediately takes off after Byakuya finished his sentence...

...but then immediately returned.

“Wait... what makes them different from us? Any markings on them?” she asked.



FOO FIGHTERS
@Atomic Knight @Ver
“Don’t be such a worrywart, miss!” FF says, “I’ll make sure that you’re safe! Promise!”

Turning to Alisha, FF’s tone began to change into a more serious one.


“Boss! Where do we start?”
 

Yun Lee

Soaring White Dragon
Administrator
The Convergence Series GM
"Yeah. I'm all for killing some creepy monsters, but I wanna make sure I don't slice up any actual people." Husks, huh? They were probably super similar to Risen, right? If so, then this wouldn't be a problem at all!

@Atomic Knight @Capri

---

Already this place reeked of evil...but evil that had to be purged if Charon was to be kept safe. Libra gripped his Bolt Axe, already preparing himself for whatever monstrosity awaited on the inside. "I'm ready when you all are," he said. Something like this was best entered as a group.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi
 

Gummi Bunnies

The Magus of Flowers
The Convergence Series GM
By the time they've arrived to Piper's Landing, Lapis didn't hesitate on stepping out of the vehicle. However due to her internal fractures that haven't fully healed yet, she flinches upon feeling just a sliver of the malevolence that's infested the village. She quickly composes herself despite this, they had a mission to be taking care of, there was no time to fuss over keeping herself 100% stable.

❝ ... let's get moving. ❞

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri
@Piper's Landing


Easy. Stop the suspicious activity once they head inside the warehouse. Majima figured that this was no different from the times he's done stuff similar in Kamurocho, but then again, a lot of things that's happened since he got wrapped up into all this has proven otherwise. So in short, it was both easy and needing precautions.

❝ Heard ya loud and clear. ❞ He nodded, making sure that he was fully prepared for this.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva
@Warehouse
 

Ver

Endearing Misanthrope
Moderator
Benefactor
The Convergence Series GM
1583785163438.png

"I'm right here, little one. Though it seems that you've managed to make good with more of the team in the meantime. You're growing," Riesbyfe observed as she appeared beside Severa and Little My, traveling alongside them, Byakuya, and Deadshot. She remained relatively silent as they traversed through the underground.

"Even though I'm not quite as well-versed in the layout of the underground paths, Avalon is familiar territory to me. I used to live here for quite a while, so stay close to me and we should be fine. Hopefully," the knight breathed.

Meanwhile, in response to Little My's inquiry, the masked marksman let out an audible sigh.

1583785540000.png

"You'll know it when you see 'em, kid. You should probably stand back for this..." Deadshot grunted, the red eye on his mask illuminating the way a bit before he put a hand on the metal door, and began to open...

@Atomic Knight @Capri @Yun Lee @Underground


"Just follow my lead!" Alisha replied to FF assuredly, clutching her lance as she hopped forward, keeping wary with each step she took. "I like to think I've got a better eye for malevolence than others, if only because I'm more used to it, but once we get closer to the source, you should know it when you see it too."

1583786012940.png

"It's almost stifling here... Hopefully we'll be able to find the source before we get too deep in," Touma commented, and with that, followed Alisha alongside the others who had followed.

It was probably a bit redundant to say that this place gave him a bad feeling; he wondered how much help he'd even be able to be in a place like this, but he was hardly the type of person who'd stay back safe and sound at Knowhere, not when there existed the slight possibility that he could do something.

@Capri @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Piper's Landing
 

Jeremi

Well-Known Member
The Convergence Series GM
Alvin and Rowen had the easier task of leading the group through the city and to the Electric Town district. It was not a long walk, shortened further by the group's need to rush.



Electric Town was a bustling section of Avalon that always seemed to be on the move. It wasn't easy for the group to travel through quickly without drawing too much suspicion. Thankfully, it was not long before they arrived outside the warehouse.

"We don't know what will be waiting inside," Alvin said. "No matter what, we have to stop whatever the husks are doing."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Warehouse



Byakuya gave Severa a withering look, but said nothing as he turned to lead his group away. He and Deadshot led their group down a couple back alleys and through what appeared to be a sewer grate into the expansive spaces of the underground.



Despite the look of the underground, it was far from a bad place to be. It was largely safe, due to the amount of civilians who simply preferred it to living above-ground. The ODMA representatives had no time for dawdling though. They found their way to a small corridor and into a space that had gone unused by many. Unfinished wiring meant that the lighting in this area was dim, so the group could see little as they were led to a metal door.

"We must stop the husks," Byakuya said. "You are authorized to kill them."

@Yun Lee @Capri @Underground



For both groups currently on Ash, they had each been given an armored vehicle for transportation purposes. Each had been given a driver or two to accompany them on the journey, though Komaru Naegi had little desire to leave the vehicle transporting Alisha's group.



"As the driver, I really should stay here, right? Eheh..." She blinked. "Oh, what if the vehicle doesn't protect me from malevolence? Man..."

Outside of the vehicle was Piper's Landing, a small village thoroughly corrupted by malevolence.



Though it was normally a den of cultists and thieves, it was likely that the increased malevolence meant that the village was completely deserted. Well, by any mortal, at least.

@Ver @Capri @Piper's Landing



As the vehicle transporting Milla's group came to a stop before the cathedral, Milla was quick to open the hatch at the top and start climbing out. The driver, a man named Ivar, called after her.




"Lady Milla, you should wait up for me!"

The woman popped her head back through the hatch and stared at him. "... Yes, best you and everyone else stick close to me, or else the malevolence might get to be too much to handle." Milla then popped back out and hopped off the vehicle.

"I-I meant that I should protect you..." he said, shaking his head.



The cathedral was a looming menacingly over the group, as if hiding dark secrets. No one knew what lay inside, as no one had felt the need to check it out n a very long time. It was clear that waves of malevolence were emanating from the structure.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral



Undecided: @Crow @Takumi @Minerva @Crunch @Josh @Alex Azure @Donder172 @Sark @York @Gummi Bunnies @Space_Candy @Kaykay @Ver @Lucky @Ottonomous Ghost
"Don't you worry your pretty little head, luv." Bayonetta's guns materialized into her hands as she winked at Alvin. "Any mean Husks in our way and I'll deal with them with extreme prejudice."

@Atomic Knight @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies




"Now that's an evil-looking house if I've ever seen one,"
The Cosmic Ghost Rider quipped as his massive guns materialized into his hands. "So do you guys want me to make this entire place into a crater or somethin'? I heard it was Sloppy Joe's for lunch back at the base so I just want to wrap this up."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral
 

Capri

the bicon
Mentor
LITTLE MY
@Ver @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight
Little My jumped a mile when she heard Ries's voice, but immediately perched herself on the shoulder of the knight.

"RIES!!!! You're here! I'm so happy!" she squealed.

Her situation on Ries's shoulder might be back enough for her, although she did give Deadshot a dirty look over calling her kid.


FOO FIGHTERS
@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

"Alright, Lapis..." FF said, stepping out of the vehicle and following Touma.

Speaking of Touma, FF found herself confusing Touma for Shigeo Kageyama, one of the boys who died in the explosion at the headquarters.

"Hey, teenager!" FF called to Touma, "I thought you blew up with the headquarters, whatcha doin' here?"
 

Minerva

In The Forest Hides a Light
Alvin and Rowen had the easier task of leading the group through the city and to the Electric Town district. It was not a long walk, shortened further by the group's need to rush.



Electric Town was a bustling section of Avalon that always seemed to be on the move. It wasn't easy for the group to travel through quickly without drawing too much suspicion. Thankfully, it was not long before they arrived outside the warehouse.

"We don't know what will be waiting inside," Alvin said. "No matter what, we have to stop whatever the husks are doing."

@Jeremi @Minerva @Warehouse
Easy. Stop the suspicious activity once they head inside the warehouse. Majima figured that this was no different from the times he's done stuff similar in Kamurocho, but then again, a lot of things that's happened since he got wrapped up into all this has proven otherwise. So in short, it was both easy and needing precautions.

❝ Heard ya loud and clear. ❞ He nodded, making sure that he was fully prepared for this.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva
@Warehouse
"Don't you worry your pretty little head, luv." Bayonetta's guns materialized into her hands as she winked at Alvin. "Any mean Husks in our way and I'll deal with them with extreme prejudice."

@Atomic Knight @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies
The door was cold to the touch. Anyone who was observant would notice ice crystals fractalizing on the metal warehouse door. If you opened the door, you would be met with chills, and your breath, visible in the air. The room was dark, and large. The shelves of the warehouse were organized in a maze, with several knocked over, and others with plywood between them, acting as bridges.

Up ahead, there would be a flickering light and several shapes leaning against shelves. It looked like a veritable mess.

Yennefer crossed her arms. "Well, this is all very lovely."

As the vehicle transporting Milla's group came to a stop before the cathedral, Milla was quick to open the hatch at the top and start climbing out. The driver, a man named Ivar, called after her.




"Lady Milla, you should wait up for me!"

The woman popped her head back through the hatch and stared at him. "... Yes, best you and everyone else stick close to me, or else the malevolence might get to be too much to handle." Milla then popped back out and hopped off the vehicle.

"I-I meant that I should protect you..." he said, shaking his head.



The cathedral was a looming menacingly over the group, as if hiding dark secrets. No one knew what lay inside, as no one had felt the need to check it out n a very long time. It was clear that waves of malevolence were emanating from the structure.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral
Already this place reeked of evil...but evil that had to be purged if Charon was to be kept safe. Libra gripped his Bolt Axe, already preparing himself for whatever monstrosity awaited on the inside. "I'm ready when you all are," he said. Something like this was best entered as a group.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi
"Now that's an evil-looking house if I've ever seen one," The Cosmic Ghost Rider quipped as his massive guns materialized into his hands. "So do you guys want me to make this entire place into a crater or somethin'? I heard it was Sloppy Joe's for lunch back at the base so I just want to wrap this up."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Cathedral
"This place... It's unholy..." Corrin said. She had her hand on her sword, ready in case of anything. Her hair was pulled back, and her armor was new and shiny, having just returned from the UN Headquarters.

"Yes, let's go in." She said calmly.​
 

Crunch

Giga God Crunchmeister

It began again in war.

Time appeared to have skipped a beat from Captain Titus' perspective. One moment, he's slumped against a tree with a hole blown clear through his chest plate. A moment of darkness and weakness consumes him. Then he awakens within hollow steel corridors, already beckoned to return to the field. How long had it been since he'd been knocked unconscious like that? Not even Titus himself could say because the last time he saw darkness induced by his own foolishness, he was falling from Graia's atmosphere with the blood of a would-be daemon dripping from his knuckles.

He'd liked to believe that moment of weakness was just his mind playing tricks on him, but then Titus' hand drifted to the black spot on his armor. Several shards of ceramite crudely protruded around the impact site where the formerly blue coloration of the Ultramarine armor had been seared away like charcoal, along with one wing of the Imperial Aquila.

Titus' jaw tightened at the sight. A reminder of his failures forever written in steel.

"Let none find us wanting," Titus quietly murmured to himself, still staring at the scar. "Let none find me wanting."

This landscape was much more reminiscent of 'home' for Titus, though that did not bring a smile to his face. Visions of nigh-identical worlds wrought in the fires of war and conflict returned to him in an instant as he surveyed the scenery leading up towards the village the Coalition described as 'Piper's Landing.' It was no surprise to him that this world was inhabited by humanity. Even on the border of oblivion do they stubbornly pursue land in the name of providence, progress, or untold riches.

But he could taste the malice on the tip of his tongue. The very air was thick with corruption, and no amount of tenacity on humanity's part could survive within taint. To that end, the Emperor must intervene, and Titus is nothing if not His vessel.
For both groups currently on Ash, they had each been given an armored vehicle for transportation purposes. Each had been given a driver or two to accompany them on the journey, though Komaru Naegi had little desire to leave the vehicle transporting Alisha's group.



"As the driver, I really should stay here, right? Eheh..." She blinked. "Oh, what if the vehicle doesn't protect me from malevolence? Man..."

Outside of the vehicle was Piper's Landing, a small village thoroughly corrupted by malevolence.



Though it was normally a den of cultists and thieves, it was likely that the increased malevolence meant that the village was completely deserted. Well, by any mortal, at least.

@Ver @Capri @Piper's Landing
It was any wonder how the Captain was able to fit in the vehicle. It was no Land Raider, but it'd have to do for now. Once the doors were open, Titus was already out, forcing his bulky frame out of the vehicle and sowing his boots into the ash with a muffled thud. He drew a clip from his belt, slamming it into the side of the blocky gun fastened to his larger gauntlet.

ff846b9aa10683b1896d2a084b32d8db.png

"You would be safer with the rest of the unit than alone, miss," the space marine suddenly muttered to the driver, turning his head slightly to look at her. "There is no guarantee the enemy won't attempt to dismantle our means of transport. This APC is also poorly constructed. I would place more faith in the strength of our arms than a hunk of metal on wheels."

He paused to let the others coax her out of the transport. Admittedly, escorting an unarmed civilian through an area like this is not ideal in the slightest, but neither was letting her get torn apart by whatever abomination lurks in the dark corners of this village; an evil that Titus was eager to purge.
"Just follow my lead!" Alisha replied to FF assuredly, clutching her lance as she hopped forward, keeping wary with each step she took. "I like to think I've got a better eye for malevolence than others, if only because I'm more used to it, but once we get closer to the source, you should know it when you see it too."

View attachment 5020

"It's almost stifling here... Hopefully we'll be able to find the source before we get too deep in," Touma commented, and with that, followed Alisha alongside the others who had followed.

It was probably a bit redundant to say that this place gave him a bad feeling; he wondered how much help he'd even be able to be in a place like this, but he was hardly the type of person who'd stay back safe and sound at Knowhere, not when there existed the slight possibility that he could do something.

@Capri @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Piper's Landing

"Do not let fear dissuade you from the mission. Purging corruption of this nature should be its own reward." Titus muttered in response to Touma, having to turn his head downwards to even look at the young one. "If it is any solace, I have faced a taint similar to this before. The touch of Chaos pales in the face of dedication and willpower, and I would wager my bolter that this 'malevolence' is no different. Stand fast, and by the Emperor's will, we will see tomorrow."

So, this boy must have some sort of supernatural power as well. Why else would an unarmored, unarmed teenager be deployed to a place like this? That seemed to be the theme as of late. Whatever happened to just using a gun and a sword?

@Capri @Ver @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Piper's Landing

 

Lucky

“ Just Kill Me Now” -Phil Connors
Deadpool

" I have no qualms with killing some husks, especially after everything that has happened so far. I think shooting someone would be good for my health,especially if they are husks."


@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Warehouse

Billy Batson/ Shazam

" This place does look like it holds secrets, there's something familiar about this place...… or rather, I think I have heard about it from someone."


@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @cathderal
 
Top