Flames From the Past (1x1)

She relaxed as he started to watch the road. It had only been in the last few days that she had been in a car and she now had her sight back. Things seemed so much brighter and intense than they had been before.

As they reached the park, she was amazed by how green it was. She had forgotten the park was there. She wished now that she had remembered it all these years.

She gets out of the car after he opens the door. Her eyes widen softly as she looks around them. "It's beautiful. I never thought I would see things so clearly again. " She smiles warmly to Dustin.

Dustin smiled slightly, "I'm happy you can see things as they are again. There are many others that live in the woods so be mindful of them. For the most part they should leave you alone."

She smiles softly to him and starts walking with him. "Thank you for bringing me here." She says and she meant it. Though she had healed herself, she was still uneasy and didn't like the idea of being on her own.

As they walked she saw the animals as they played in the trees and saw the hints of little fairies running around. She smiles warmly.

Dustin smiled slightly, "I'm glad I could be of assistance." He had little attention for the forest around them after all he had seen is hundreds of times over.

She smiles warmly to him and let her mind focus on the area around them. It felt calm and soothing to her. She felt a bit more relaxed than she had before and didn't realize she had moved close to Dustin.

When she accidentally bumped into him, she blushes and smiles a bit to him. "Sorry." She looks around as they continue walking.

Dustin smiled lightly in return. He hadn't had someone bump into him by accident in ages. Most tended to be hyper aware of his presence and kept their eyes or at least ears on him, "It's alright," He states as he lets his gaze slide from her to the forest around them. It amused him to see the fae flittering about trying to get a better look at the pair without getting too close.

It felt normal for her to be out in that forest. It was a comforting feeling and allowed the last of the tension to ease from her shoulders.

She smiles warmly as she saw some of the fae. It was tempting to go to them but she kept at a distance for now as they continued walking.

Then she had a sudden thought and she looks to Dustin. "You aren't gonna disappear on me are you? You seem bothered that he showed up, more than it being he is the devil..." she asks gently.

He glanced at her then, "It's because of the omen he carries. Being the devil changes how the world sees you. He's deadly and can't be trusted."

She nods softly at his words. Part of her understood what he was saying, the other part of her didn't want to understand. Mostly because she was afraid of being afraid of the man that was her father. He had helped her though hadn't he? Plus how he spoke about her mother.

She pauses and looks to him. "Does it change how you see me? "

He shook his head, "You are you and he can only be him. He can influence you to become more like him but that doesn't change how I see you."

It was honest, simple and to the point he thought. A person could only change if the change is desired from the beginning.

She nods softly at his words. "Thank you for being honest with me. I appreciate it more than ever." She smiles softly to him.

Continuing their walk, she smiles when she saw some more fairies but blinks when they suddenly all went into hiding. The air seemed to shift. Her eyes went to Dustin.

She shakes her head slightly. "I'm not sure. The air...it feels different..." she moves to his side. "I didn't do this, at least I don't think I did..."

He glanced about, "It wasn't you," He murmured, "I'm not sure who did it. It's not Lucious either. He wouldn't play any games like this."

His gaze was looking for where the energy came from but couldn't find it yet.

The air seemed to slowly be growing thicker. She could feel the fear that came from the fae in the area. Her eyes flicker a little and she nods to Dustin. " we....should leave..."

A cold chuckle began to fill the air. "The daughter of the devil wants to run. Unfortunately there is no place for you to hide anymore."

A tall figure moved from the darkness that had gathered in the area. "An angel with the devil's daughter. Interesting. " The male figure was shrouded in the shadows making it impossible to see his features clearly enough.

The angel stared at the figure, "I advise you not fuck with her right now," He muttered. Something told him a fae or two had a connection to a certain devil that wasn't going to stand for his baby being picked on, "Also, we got places to be people to see and you aren't one of them," He took her hand then and started to lead her back towards the car. He didn't know how powerful the apparition was but he didn't want to stick around to find out. He wondered if he should call for Igneous or Lucius himself.

The male's laughter filled the air but he made no move to stop them from leaving. His voice following after them. "In time she'll be running from you and him. In time."

Monica was trembling by the time they reached the car. The air had lightened and the male had disappeared as if he had never been there. His words though stayed with her.

"Sorry," Dustin murmured once they were on the road headed back to town, "I didn't know something was still after you. Had I... I would have been more aware of what was going on. I let myself grow lax and that cost us comfort."

Back