Flames From the Past (1x1)

Monica shakes her head slightly at his words. "We know now and can handle it. Whoever he is....made a mistake by revealing that he is interested. Just need to find out who he is...." she was focusing on calming herself down, pushing the male's words from her mind. She would never run to someone with such horrible energy. He was lying.

Pulling out his cell phone he handed it to her, "Call him and tell him someone is after you," He told her gently, "He may know something about why someone is after you he may also not but it will put it on his radar."

She nods slightly as she accepted the phone from him. It took her a few minutes but she manages to get the number in and call the devil. It seemed a little ironic to be calling the devil through such modern means.

Forcing herself to focus so her voice wasn't shaking as she spoke. Why was she so shaken by the male? She pushes it aside and listened to the phone ring.

The phone rang twice on Lucius's end before he picked up, "How can I help you?" His voice was calm, cold and calculating. Clearly he didn't have Dustin's phone number or he might not have been so unfeeling.

Monica was silent a moment before she forced herself to talk. She had to tell him what had just happened.

"It's Monica. I'm using Dustin's phone. We were at the forest...had a run in with someone or something. He knew who and what Dustin and I are." She was glad she had managed to keep her voice from trembling as she spoke.

"Are you still there?" He asked. His voice was softer at this point as the sound of papers being shuffled could be heard, "One second," He then moved the phone from his ear as he addressed what could only be some other people, "This meeting will have to be rescheduled for another time, gentlemen, I have something important to attend to," With that the shuffling of feet as he made he way out of the room before bringing the phone back up to his ear, "Sorry about that. Where are you now?"

Dustin winced slightly as he listened to one side of the conversation. He wondered how things were going to be handled by the devil. Likely in a way that would make it clear that messing with what was his was a very bad idea.

As he spoke to those he was with, she stayed patient and waited for him to return to the phone. She was much calmer now that they were closer to home.

She shakes her head slightly. "No, we got back to the car and are heading back to the house." The closer they were to home, the calmer she was feeling but she had the same thoughts as Dustin. The devil wasn't going to let this slide.

"I'll meet you there," He informed her softly as he hung up the phone. Dustin glanced at the girl next to him as they got on the freeway.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

She hands the phone back to Dustin and nods softly. "He said he'll meet us at the house." She smiles a bit.

Rubbing her hands on her pants as she relaxes a bit more. That creature had been nothing like what she had felt before. That energy was so terrible.

She looks out the side of the car as they got onto the freeway, looking in the side mirror absently.

Dustin put the phone away then sighed, "I have a feeling he's a pissed Devil now."

Pulling into the driveway the angel blinked a the really nice ride that sat there. It was a Ford GT in candy apple red. It was safe to assume it was Lucius'. Getting out he headed around the car to help Monica out before leading the way inside. Lucius was sitting on the couch with Kiki curled up next to him with her large head on his leg. He stared off into space for a bit while he rubbed the purring feline's ears the cheeks.

A pissed devil was not a good thing, well at least she didn't think it would be. Then again he wasn't pissed at them so it might be alright.

When they got into the house she smiles a bit to Kiki and the Devil. "Hey..."

She goes to the kitchen and gets a glass of water. She wasn't really thirsty but her mouth felt dry all of a sudden.

Kiki's large eyes snapped open as she stared at the pair as they entered the house. She gave a hiss before running out of the room and into the back yard, "You brought something back with you," The devil murmured as he stood running a hand through his hair, "So you met someone?" He asked as he glared at the angel before glancing at the cat who now carried a rather gross looking mouse. She had clearly killed it.

Dustin rubbed the back of his head as he stared at the man before him.

An unsettling chill ran down her spine as she looks to the mouse that Kiki had killed. Her mind instantly went back to the male from the forest and that feeling crept back into her mind.

She pushes it aside though and moved out of the kitchen and leaned against the little breakfast island. "More like something." She was watching the devil carefully.

Her nerves felt on edge but she suddenly became too aware of the power the male had and the fact that he was looking at Dustin as if it was his fault they ran into the thing in the forest. It wasn't though. How could either of them known that something like that was interested in her?

She blinks a little and looks around then looks to the devil carefully again. "Where's Niel?"

Lucius turned his attention to Monica, "I'm not sure the human wasn't about when I came in," The devil had a nasty habit of breaking and entering sadly no one could prove it as he never had to break anything to enter a place, "Tell me, angel, how did something like that end up following you here and you not know it? Further more how could you not keep her safe from harm?"

"She wasn't harmed," Dustin argued sharply, "Scared at most but not harmed."

A flick of his wrist sent Dustin flying across the room, "You are new I'll let you off with a warning. Fear is as much harm as a stab wound. When someone can gain your fear they now have a hold over you that you can't escape unless you take your fear back from their grasp," He turned on Monica then, "You shouldn't fear any one. Not even yourself. Learn to not give that fear to anyone. Not even those you have faced defeat from."

Kiki slipped out the back again. Indeed an angry Devil was a scary thing to behold.

Niel wasn't there? Where could the male have gone? Her concerns though about the male disappeared quickly as Dustin was flung across the room.

Her hand tightens on the glass of water she held and stepped forward. Then she stops and kept alert instead. Her eyes flickered slightly. "Then I will deal with my fear but knocking him around isn't helping anything."

She shakes her head and sets the glass of water down, running her fingers through her hair. "Do you know who it could be?" She questioned as she watches Kiki leave.

The energy in the room was bothering her but she took a deep breath and calmed herself down. She wanted to go to Dustin but she decided to keep the devil's focus for the moment.

The fear was there, she couldn't shake it but she wasn't going to let it stop her from getting answers and facing whatever she had to face. The male from the forest was a problem, a big problem but in spite of her fear she had to keep calm and focus.

What the hell did he mean she would be running from the devil and Dustin? It made no sense.

Dustin stared at the devil from his spot he found himself in after being thrown like a rag doll. The rage the other man felt was understood even if it wasn't justified in that moment, "You're the one scaring her at this point," He pointed out softly as he picked himself up and dusted himself off, "I can't keep her safe when enemies appear from no where. I'm not like my father who is nearly all seeing."

Lucius sighed as he moved over to the couch. As he sat down there were traces of lines on his normally young appearing face that gave away that he was older than he appeared. He had been doing this for so long he didn't know how else to be or what else to do.

Monica watched the two carefully, falling silent as she shifted her weight from one foot to the next. She felt the tension ease in her shoulders when Dustin got back to his feet and the devil sat down.

As she gazed at the male, she found herself feeling sorry for him in this. Had he ever tried to be close to his children before? He seemed to be trying with her.

Taking a breath ,she let it out slowly. "Dustin is right...and he got me away and out of there quickly. As for that thing, yes it wants me afraid, afraid of both of you for a reason. Yes I'm scared but I'm pissed off as well." She looks to both men again. "Now can we try and figure out who this guy is?"

"The boogie man." Niel had just wanted in the front door. The male looked like he had been roughed up a bit. "Not a boogie man but The Boogie Man."

He glances at the devil, uncertain as he glances as well to Dustin. He suddenly wondered if he should have stayed away longer.

Pushing it aside he sits down at one of the chairs near the kitchen. "He feeds off fear as you know but has developed a reputation for going after those who are two halves. They make him stronger, make those who follow him stronger." He rubs his face with his hands. Then pulls out a drawing and sets it on the table in front of Monica. It looked exactly like what had been in the forest. "That's what you saw isn't it?"

Monica nods as she stares at the drawing then looks to Dustin and the devil.

Dustin and the Devil cut a glare at the human male. Clearly they were a little on edge. Though at the explanation Dustin looked confused while Lucius merely looked more annoyed.

"So the little shit is encroaching on more than just my title," His eyes flashed an unnatural color of red and gold, "Sorry kid. I didn't intend to draw his attention to you. Much less to make you a game piece in this game of chess."

"What do you mean game of chess?" Dustin muttered as he found himself a seat in a chair across from the devil.

The dark haired man looked to be thinking thoughtfully about the answer he would give, "Let's put this simply shall we? As the Devil I can be dethroned as the ruler of Hell and the Prince of Darkness and Nightmares. There are several beings that are trying to take this throne. Sadly I have only one child," His gaze glances to Monica, "And that child is now known to all who follow me and any other being that lives. You just by existing have become a target and a key to my domain. Any that can make you fear them can reasonably make a claim that I no longer have the strength to hold the Throne. It's simple but very complicated all at the same time."

Monica sits down in the chair nearest her. "So we know the boogie man is playing his hand. He wants me afraid of you both, well more precise he wants me to run from you both. "

She stands back up and paces a little before stopping again. "I know it's going to be a long list but we need to know of the immediate threats." Then she turns and looks at Niel.

"You said you could train me in self defense?"

Niel blinks a bit and nods. He regards her a moment. "You want me to provoke your fear." It wasn't a question. He glances to Dustin and the devil. "Some ptsd soldiers I worked with would purposely force themselves into situations that would scare the crap out of them in order to regain control of it and return to combat. It's only been successful once...."

Lucius stared at the human for a moment then sighed, "Provoking fear is a simple task," He mutters, "What will you do to her after?" His gaze was caring and showed a little worry after all he just found the girl who was his daughter he didn't want to loose her just as soon.

Dustin rubbed his neck as he listened for now.

Back