Portrait_jaffar_fe07.png

"..." For whatever reason Jaffar found himself in the training area. The assassin had no particular reason for being there and the person set to monitor him was probably really bored right about now given how Jaffar hadn't done all that much. Soon enough he catches sight of Joshua and in particular his weapon.

"...Another wielder of a killing edge, I see..." Jaffar commented his emotionless stare locked on to Joshua.​

"Yeah... I see you prefer the dagger variety..."

Joshua's eyes narrowed in a judging manner even while his smirk remained friendly. The man's dress was certainly suspect compared to most and his ownership of a pair of Killing Edges... "An assassin? Not many of your kind running about to my knowledge anymore," His hand fell to his own blade's grip, his tongue wetting his lips in anticipation, "And most bladesmen who approach another are seeking a duel... Are you hoping for a friendly bout then?"

FIERCE HEART ALI

Once I and the civ got over to one of the booths, I picked up the earmuffs and turned to her.

"You're going to need these to guard against hearing loss," I held out the muffs to her. I didn't need any despite my eardrums pounding themselves every time a gun went off because of regeneration, which also made it great for stabbing the ears with spikes to suddenly deafen oneself when dealing with a very annoying person.

"Now, what kind of gun do you have so I know what I'm dealing with?"

Nodding, Kujou slipped the earmuffs over her ears. As expected, the surrounding noises became a lot duller. Not so dull that she couldn't hear Ali's question, though.

"I don't know," Kujou replied, shaking her head.

To be honest, she didn't really know anything about guns. So when she went to grab one, she just took one that she could fit in her hand. When she raised it up, Ali would be able to see she'd grabbed a 9mm 1911 of some make. It was nice that she hadn't grabbed one of the larger caliber ones.​

Guns. As far as Naomi knew, all they created were holes and corpses. She had seen plenty of guns in her lifetime, as well as gunshot wounds and bullet holes, but she had little experience with firing them.

Opting to learn on her own, Naomi grabbed a pistol and headphones and went to the firing range. With a scientific view of a gun's working, she did her best to load the gun and ready it for fire. She took aim and pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened. At least it's harder to take a life than simply pointing a weapon and pulling a trigger.

She realized she would need help in learning combat. She removed her headphones and scanned around the room. She found Zerberus and Asuna, who she had met in the glass box. She called for assistance from the group currently sparring, but her voice couldn't raise to match the volume of combat.

Her next thought was to call Little Guy and ask him for help. However, a thought arrested her finger before she could dial his number. What if Little Guy wouldn't let her live this down? She knew Little Guy better than that, but she would rather try her other options before running to Navel for every little thing.

She found herself one more option for help. She grabbed the pistol and ealked over to Alice and Miku.

"While you're handing out firearm lessons, might I get one? I would appreciate it."

"He's run off again. Doremi, do you think it's worth following him? Dr. Kimishima asked me to stay here... Maybe she'll run into him,"

Jinx ignored the question at first, glancing over at Shiro and Kuro. "Alright, guys. Like we discussed." They squeaked in reply, bouncing forward in mid-air until they were hovering over by Fate... and remained there. She smirked but said nothing more to them, turning her attention to Fate as she leaned back, propping her feet on the table as she too floated in mid-air.

"Let's go Hold 'Em."

Zerberus then heard a loud sound from the side of him as he then points his blade at the one who shot at him. At the last second, he slashed down his blade.

"Reflect...."

He then summoned a barrier that shines brightly as it reflected the bullet at the gun. The bullet went inside the gun and jammed it. He then yanked the spear out of Azura's hand and tossed it aside. He quickly moved forward and puts the Keyblade on Azura's neck.

"Checkmate...."

"Yeah... I see you prefer the dagger variety..."

Joshua's eyes narrowed in a judging manner even while his smirk remained friendly. The man's dress was certainly suspect compared to most and his ownership of a pair of Killing Edges... "An assassin? Not many of your kind running about to my knowledge anymore," His hand fell to his own blade's grip, his tongue wetting his lips in anticipation, "And most bladesmen who approach another are seeking a duel... Are you hoping for a friendly bout then?"

"..."

Daggers in hand now as his eyes stayed locked on Joshua. His eyes seemed soulless as he stared in a moment of silence.

"Wouldn't call it friendly but I would like to test your skill... We need to know each other's strengths..." Jaffar commented in a cold manor his daggers still in hand.​

Guns. As far as Naomi knew, all they created were holes and corpses. She had seen plenty of guns in her lifetime, as well as gunshot wounds and bullet holes, but she had little experience with firing them.

Opting to learn on her own, Naomi grabbed a pistol and headphones and went to the firing range. With a scientific view of a gun's working, she did her best to load the gun and ready it for fire. She took aim and pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened. At least it's harder to take a life than simply pointing a weapon and pulling a trigger.

She realized she would need help in learning combat. She removed her headphones and scanned around the room. She found Zerberus and Asuna, who she had met in the glass box. She called for assistance from the group currently sparring, but her voice couldn't raise to match the volume of combat.

Her next thought was to call Little Guy and ask him for help. However, a thought arrested her finger before she could dial his number. What if Little Guy wouldn't let her live this down? She knew Little Guy better than that, but she would rather try her other options before running to Navel for every little thing.

She found herself one more option for help. She grabbed the pistol and ealked over to Alice and Miku.

"While you're handing out firearm lessons, might I get one? I would appreciate it."

"He's run off again. Doremi, do you think it's worth following him? Dr. Kimishima asked me to stay here... Maybe she'll run into him,"

lpvCwvK.png

"I think we should stay. Maybe he'll come back. I've never seen a Riolu that fast before though..." Doremi would make that remark, and then began to sing a simple melody, maybe to practice her vocals?​

J3sd68A.png

Senna couldn't help herself, she busted a gut when Blake threw his scythe into the air. She wrapped her arms around herself and laughed, finding this hilarious. "Man, I guess I really did scare you, huh? Sorry about that," she apologized, rubbing the back of her head for a moment.

"Anyhow, I should be good with the whole fighting thing. I just so happen to be a warrior called a Soul Reaper. I know my way around a sword called a zanpakuto. I even know how to release its hidden power. I can control wind and tornados! Pretty cool, huh? I could show you if you want. What about you? You need to be more careful throwing your weapons around," she teased.​

tumblr_inline_n3kt338xKi1sy4uqk.png

"A Soul Reaper, huh?"

That was pretty much the first time he's heard that before, and he figured that it was related to that Soul Society stuff that she was talking about when they first spoke to each other. Well, he had to remember that majority of people here came from different worlds, places that wouldn't be considered normal in the eyes of someone who comes from a mundane and morally gray world like Blake.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8qXckv1shpc29.png

"Well now, go ahead and blow me away with what you've got, Senna. I would suggest a spar, but my weapon's out of juice for now. I wouldn't mind seeing what you can do, you're the first Soul Reaper I've run into anyways."

Blake gave Senna a smile like he does with everyone, and gave her room to do her stuff.​

FIERCE HEART ALI

Nodding, Kujou slipped the earmuffs over her ears. As expected, the surrounding noises became a lot duller. Not so dull that she couldn't hear Ali's question, though.

"I don't know," Kujou replied, shaking her head.

To be honest, she didn't really know anything about guns. So when she went to grab one, she just took one that she could fit in her hand. When she raised it up, Ali would be able to see she'd grabbed a 9mm 1911 of some make. It was nice that she hadn't grabbed one of the larger caliber ones.​

When she raised it up, I smiled slightly. It looked like a 9mm 1911 though I couldn't identify the make and it was a good choice since she was new to shooting.

"A decent pistol, 9mm 1911. It's going to have less of a kick, but be warned, if you don't stabilize the recoil, it could bonk you on the head or it could go flying. We don't hand Edgy over there seeing that you're useless," I pointed over to the goggled man who had given a nice little demotivational speech. "Now listen because I'm about to give you the rundown on how to handle a gun and all that wonderful jazz."

And thus I went on, explaining and demonstrating to her the various factors affecting bullets such as wind speed and direction, the different positions for aiming like the Weaver (she'll have to find one she's comfortable with), how to reduce recoil, aim, and reload, and all the things that can kill or injure your fellow human being! I threw in some extra stuff such as which body parts to shoot if she doesn't want to kill a person, though even if they get hurt, there's a chance they'll die.

I also explained the pros and cons of pistols. They were lighter to carry for sure, but against armor? Good luck trying to penetrate that protection!

There were things of course I couldn't prepare her for such as the stress of combat. Hand jitters just loved popping in to tell you that you're going to die!

"Alright," I took a step back, "Time to show if that either flew over your head or you absorbed the info,"

"..."

Daggers in hand now as his eyes stayed locked on Joshua. His eyes seemed soulless as he stared in a moment of silence.

"Wouldn't call it friendly but I would like to test your skill... We need to know each other's strengths..." Jaffar commented in a cold manner his daggers still in hand.​

"Come now, friend, we're comrades now," Joshua replied in a casual manner as his fingers remained loose for a few moments...Only to suddenly around the grip of his blade as he sprung forth. The gambler was aiming to circle about the assassin, hoping to cut at his arms and side to weaken him a bit at the beginning, "No need to be cold when we're having a harmless test against each other!"

Jinx ignored the question at first, glancing over at Shiro and Kuro. "Alright, guys. Like we discussed." They squeaked in reply, bouncing forward in mid-air until they were hovering over by Fate... and remained there. She smirked but said nothing more to them, turning her attention to Fate as she leaned back, propping her feet on the table as she too floated in mid-air.

"Let's go Hold 'Em."

Twisted Fate eyed the familiars as they floated near him. He didn't trust them. Why would Jinx command them to be by his side? Was it so they could see his cards? He furrowed his eyebrows and spoke to Jinx.

"Whaddya mean, 'like we discussed'? You hidin' somethin' from me? Keep your damn familiars, I don't want them."

He then proceeded to deal out cards to himself and Jinx with inhuman dexterity and speed, making sure that the familiars didn't get a chance to peek at his cards.​

"Come now, friend, we're comrades now," Joshua replied in a casual manner as his fingers remained loose for a few moments...Only to suddenly around the grip of his blade as he sprung forth. The gambler was aiming to circle about the assassin, hoping to cut at his arms and side to weaken him a bit at the beginning, "No need to be cold when we're having a harmless test against each other!"

285e8e0f95593ff1a8b306281895f16d.jpg

So his target lunged forward appearing to attempt to circle him it seemed. Jaffar couldn't fault the swordsman for this sudden attack but the assassin expected this. As Joshua moved it seemed Jaffar would duck suddenly as his leg moved to sweep Joshua's legs out from under him. At the same time, the assassin swung a dagger aiming also at Joshua's legs. He knew the best way to handle a swordsman like this was to hamper his speed.​

Zerberus then heard a loud sound from the side of him as he then points his blade at the one who shot at him. At the last second, he slashed down his blade.

"Reflect...."

He then summoned a barrier that shines brightly as it reflected the bullet at the gun. The bullet went inside the gun and jammed it. He then yanked the spear out of Azura's hand and tossed it aside. He quickly moved forward and puts the Keyblade on Azura's neck.

"Checkmate...."

Azura blinked. Huh, that was a bit unexpected. Sighing and closing her eyes, she crossed her arms and thought for a moment, before opening them and looking at Zeberus blankly. She was rather calm with a Keyblade to her neck, taking a step back as she thought of what she would say.

"You made things slightly unfair, even for a simple spar. I did get to see what you were capable of, though, so I guess it's alright. As for the armor...it's strange and I am curious about it more than anything. Also, you looked as if you stopped feeling any emotions during that little spar, Zeberus. May I ask why?" she spoke bluntly, not at all hesitating to be up any small flaws she saw in their spar, and one could mistake her tone as mean though she wasn't intending anything of the sort.

She did glance over to Jaffar and Joshua for a split second before returning her attention to the other three closest to her.​

tumblr_inline_n3kt338xKi1sy4uqk.png

"A Soul Reaper, huh?"

That was pretty much the first time he's heard that before, and he figured that it was related to that Soul Society stuff that she was talking about when they first spoke to each other. Well, he had to remember that majority of people here came from different worlds, places that wouldn't be considered normal in the eyes of someone who comes from a mundane and morally gray world like Blake.

tumblr_inline_ng0i8qXckv1shpc29.png

"Well now, go ahead and blow me away with what you've got, Senna. I would suggest a spar, but my weapon's out of juice for now. I wouldn't mind seeing what you can do, you're the first Soul Reaper I've run into anyways."

Blake gave Senna a smile as he does with everyone, and gave her room to do her stuff.​

"Yup, that's me, a Soul Reaper," Senna replied, pausing when Blake seemed a little lost as to what that was, "Oh, Soul Reapers are spirit beings who protect human souls from monsters and help put souls to rest or something... I mean, I've never actually done any of those things because I didn't have the longest life. I sacrificed myself to save the human world where I come from. It's a long story," she admitted shrugging her shoulders. The smile on her face never once wavered, showing that everything she spoke of wasn't really an upsetting situation to her. Sacrificing her life to save the humans made her happy.

"Anyhow, okay! I can show you what I've got, I guess. Ready or not, here I come!"

GyVx24N.gif

Senna leaped from her body, her soul emerging clothed in her Soul Reaper uniform. She then pulled her zanpakuto from its hilt, slicing its blade through the air a few times before she paused for a second. "Oh wait, humans normally can't see me. I always forget these things. Ooooh well~"

In this instance, however, everyone actually could see Senna. Whether it was due to the multiverse magic, something their captors had caused, or what exactly they wouldn't know, but everyone would be able to see her.​

Schala Zeal

Schala finally opened her eyes when the barrier was let down but did not seek to take any aggressive actions against those who were apparently her captors. This was, fortunately, a well-founded decision, as one of the captives appeared more eager for a fight, and as a result... She was quickly stopped in her path.

As she listened to what the scientist, known as "Annette Birkin", said, she quickly came to realize that her purpose for being brought here... Was not unlike the purpose she had been forced to undertake in the Kingdom of Zeal; she was to be a weapon... A servant, to this organization, called Umbrella.

Yet again, she, along with the others brought to this place, from other dimensions, was to serve as pawns... In a greater scheme, and just like last time... She had no choice in the matter.

Her life was once again, in the hands of someone else.

Perhaps this was an act out of desperation, considering the extent of the effort Umbrella had given in order to bring her and the others here... So, she held nothing against them, at the moment at least.

Instead, considering that she knew she would have to fight, no matter how much she didn't want to, she headed to the training area... Intending to try and hone her magic skills a little.

She had been forced to use her magic to do many things... But combat had been a rarity for a while, even if she knew she was capable of using offensive spells.​

"Yup, that's me, a Soul Reaper," Senna replied, pausing when Blake seemed a little lost as to what that was, "Oh, Soul Reapers are spirit beings who protect human souls from monsters and help put souls to rest or something... I mean, I've never actually done any of those things because I didn't have the longest life. I sacrificed myself to save the human world where I come from. It's a long story," she admitted shrugging her shoulders. The smile on her face never once wavered, showing that everything she spoke of wasn't really an upsetting situation to her. Sacrificing her life to save the humans made her happy.

"Anyhow, okay! I can show you what I've got, I guess. Ready or not, here I come!"

GyVx24N.gif

Senna leaped from her body, her soul emerging clothed in her Soul Reaper uniform. She then pulled her zanpakuto from its hilt, slicing its blade through the air a few times before she paused for a second. "Oh wait, humans normally can't see me. I always forget these things. Ooooh well~"

In this instance, however, everyone actually could see Senna. Whether it was due to the multiverse magic, something their captors had caused, or what exactly they wouldn't know, but everyone would be able to see her.​

tumblr_inline_ng0i7vDLMd1shpc29.png

"... oh."

Blake got this whole explanation on Soul Reapers, and now he was seeing one in action. He always brushed off the strange stories of people who could do things that no average human could ever do, such as the stories relating to some assassin named "Lapis Lazuli" that pierced through poor souls with conjured up crystals. But here, he saw that Senna was able to do things that one couldn't even imagine. Well, the same goes for everything else happening in this training room, but still.

tumblr_inline_n3kt4hqPpu1sy4uqk.png

"... um, Senna... I can see you perfectly fine... Not sure if that makes me a normal human if I can see in the first place... But hey, bonus points for the sweet costume change."

The Black Raven tilted his head curiously at Senna, who he could definitely see with no problem.​

The man nodded as he moved towards a nearby couch.

"Alright. As long as all three of you promise me, whatever I show you and tell you stays between us. About the Arkham knight, I have no idea who is, or what I am where ever he's from. But..."

Picking the couch up with no problem, Clark balanced over his head with no issue. Tossing it and catching it with his hand, he played with it like someone with a soccer ball.

"...he wasn't all wrong."

Putting the couch down, Clark explains. His voice seemed firm at first, before shifting.

"I do have powers, everything he said I could do, I can. Well, I can't fly. I had no choice but to lie to all of you. I- I just, it's hard to trust people with this. I'm putting you all in danger by telling you this, and I'm sorry, but he forced my hand. I'm putting my faith into you three."

"..."

Riesbyfe actually did not react too much in response to Clark's power display, only raising an eyebrow when he had picked up the couch and begun fiddling with it as though it were no heavier than a small ball or so. She imagined perhaps Clark was expecting a larger reaction, considering how much he had been making such a big deal about it, but after everything that she'd fought in her life... Well, he'd need more than just superhuman strength if he wanted to impress her.

Still, that kind of naivety. It was... quite endearing, in a foolish way.

Riesbyfe01.png

"So... Is that it?" Ries inquired with a slight smile, "I know not of your circumstances back in the dimension you hail from, but gifts like yours are nothing you should be ashamed of, Clark," the knight said gently. Though even the shield maiden herself was able to admit that she was socially dense in some areas, she was at least able to pick up the kind of tone that Clark had used when he spoke. The feeling of shame. Embarrassment.

As she had just said, Riesbyfe knew nothing of Clark's circumstances, but with context clues, she could deduce that in his world, his power was not one that was commonly known about. She couldn't really conclude why exactly that was, though if there was no organization of people working alongside him, perhaps that could explain a thing or two.

"I'm not exactly sure how this revelation would put us in danger specifically, but as a knight, I am quite familiar with danger, so you need not worry for me. Simply put... I think you worry too much. Even so, if it means that much to you, I shan't tell anyone your secret, though... If it comes to it and this Umbrella organization forces us to do battle, it'll be up to you to either keep your power a secret or not."

With a sigh, believing the exchange to be over with that, she glanced over at Lucio and Nashetania, maintaining her smile. One could think for just a moment that it was a forced smile, put on to mask her anger at Umbrella for putting her in this situation.

"In any case... If you are as powerful as you say, Clark, then how about we put that to the test? Would you three be willing to spar? Girls against boys, perhaps?"

"So, have any of you ever used a weapon in your lives? It may help if you pick something easy to use. Unless of course, you know how to use something. I personally have only ever used a sword, been shot before, though, non-fatal," Lucifer said, looking over at Penny.​

"Reflect...."

"Checkmate...."

Azura blinked. Huh, that was a bit unexpected. Sighing and closing her eyes, she crossed her arms and thought for a moment, before opening them and looking at Zeberus blankly. She was rather calm with a Keyblade to her neck, taking a step back as she thought of what she would say.

"You made things slightly unfair, even for a simple spar. I did get to see what you were capable of, though, so I guess it's alright. As for the armor...it's strange and I am curious about it more than anything. Also, you looked as if you stopped feeling any emotions during that little spar, Zeberus. May I ask why?" she spoke bluntly, not at all hesitating to be up any small flaws she saw in their spar, and one could mistake her tone as mean though she wasn't intending anything of the sort.

She did glance over to Jaffar and Joshua for a split second before returning her attention to the other three closest to her.​

"Don't forget about me!" Domon would attempt to grab Zerberus's Keyblade and yank it from his hands, just like Zerberus had done to Azura. He was a little intimidated by his opponent's armor and the unusual way he had been acting, but he wasn't ready to give up just yet.​

"Woah~ Hey now!" Adam held up his hands in a defensive posture. "I know when a girl is just playing hard to get. I'm here for your sake, not your little pet's..." Adam sighed, a blush reddening his face. "Man... Um, listen, I'm up for whatever, as long as we get to hang out, okay? I'm really a lonely guy, you know? ... Don't leave me out here in the cold."

9sPoTz7.jpg

"If you truly do wish to stick around me, try taking a few hits for me once we're out there, or many hits for that matter. Something kids these days call a meatshield. Let's see how much dedication someone like you truly can have."

Cagliostro's face was intimidating.

"I have doubt that you can handle the pain, but it'd be a pretty interesting sight. Don't worry, I've taken into account the possibility of you running away like a...

... chicken."

Cagliostro clears her throat.

"Also, Ouroboros is my partner, not my pet."

Cullen's harsh words stung the little girl as she fought hard not to shed tears in front of the unfamiliar group of people. She needed to be strong, but what could a ten-year-old do? Taking a deep breath, Charlotte responded to him calmly.

tumblr_ojqf490bhS1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"I hope I didn't upset you..."

Quickly shoving the mask back into the bag, the little girl would gather her things and store them. Maybe the items she had could be of use later. However, talking about the others kind of saddened Charlotte.

tumblr_ojqf490bhS1ri3cnzo2_250.png

"I really need to go home. Aiden and Bennett will probably get into another argument over the TV again...

But I miss Seth the most. It's strange that Seth's not with me... Seth would know what to do in these situations."

"What interesting concepts your world has," Cagliostro says to Charlotte, still sporting a serious voice, "Based on your previously mentioned words... you're a... puppet, aren't you?"

Cagliostro walks around Charlotte and inspects her, only to find out that she wasn't made of wood or fabric.

"I see... I assume that back where you come from, a single human is controlled by a single puppeteer? An odd concept, odd to me anyways. This 'Seth' is a puppeteer who controls you, I presume...

... a genius like me doesn't need a puppeteer to call my decisions. Inferring from your words, it appears that you are no longer controlled by your puppeteer, the one making every decision for you. In words that you would consider 'kinder' - it's time to learn to make your own decisions. It's not 'What would Seth do', it's a 'What would you do'."

Cagliostro brings her hand out, her face and voice shifting to more bubbly mannerisms.

Bju3mr7.jpg

"I'm sure you'll need practice in doing so, so maybe I can help you~. I'm the cutest, genius, beautiful alchemist, Cagliostro~ Being a genius is my secondary trait, so making decisions comes naturally to me~. Oh, and meet me friend, Ouroboros~,"

The red, serpentine Ouroboros that accompanied Cagliostro diverts its attention from Adam for a bit, before looking at Charlotte with curiosity.

"Oh~ I think you two will get along~ maybe you'll find some common interests if you get to know each other~

A little warning though~ biting is what it does best~ but it only bites if I tell it to~"

Back