[IC] Ages Eternal

Ather stood for a moment, watching Goggins with the humans. As Goggins flew away Ather descended the mount heading North towards the Edge of the world till he came to a bay with a small stark island in it. "Perfect." said Ather half to himself. With a thump of his staff he was standing on the island. raising his staff in his right hand and muttering to himself, Great looming trees with solid black bark began to erupt from the ground. The branches where lofty with navy blue leaves and shot out in patterns that caused your mind to almost see beings rustling through them. Ather brought his other hand to his staff, eye glowing. The ground began to shake as a Dark Mansion grew from the earth, creepers began to twist over its form half consuming it. Ather slamed the butt of his staff into the earth causing small maroon crystals to form on the trees lighting up his world with a soft pulsing life.

Raising his head Ather looked about his new domain, It would do. cupping one of the crystals Ather raised it to his mouth and whispered its name, Vaprite. Mortals with an Inclination to magic would seek this jealously. Proceeding forward he walked to the fountain in front of his mansion and looked into the water, swirling and shimmering, his reflection was not his current ragged form but his true Godly form. This He would call The Fount of Revelation. Ather approached the looming doors of his new home, they swung open without a sound as he strode in.

The inside of His home was massive with every type of room he could ever want. A Laboratory & Alchemy chamber, A library filled with tomes and spells, A training chamber to teach and pass on his arts, bedrooms, dining halls, and armories.
But despite all of this grandeur he felt, empty. No Apprentice, no creation, not even a mindless beast to sit at his feet. Ather decided first to try to remedy his feeling with a companionable beast. Reaching towards the ground and grasping the air, Ather jerked up his hand. His eye flashed a moment then a small Black hound with burning blue eyes appeared and curled at his feet. Ather, despite himself, almost smiled, Though he would never let any know of it. Leaning down Ather patted the puppy saying "I shall call you Vanarausk and you shall be my constant companion. Vanarausk yawned, stretched himself and slept at Athers feet. Ather had to stifle a laugh and hold back tears. He had loved nothing in A millennia the fealing confused him for a moment, before he composed himself and leaned back in his chair.
27269778a3e70ae3b1ef03fff05d6696.jpg

As surely as Paloria settled in, Eng and Aver began their chorus of questions. this time both would ask, and would fall into taking turns. "How do you change so fast?" "Why is it cold now?" "What did you change into?" "Can Eng really be a god?" "Can I change like that?..." they both stopped to acknowledge Aver's question, which she would ask again. "Can Eng really be a god?"
---
Shel was tired, but kept on. She didn't like wandering, but somehow... Somehow she felt it had to be okay. Shel and the other Orcs found their way to a rocky out cropping. Ahead of them, in the distance, a green, lush horizon. Bloodied warriors holding rocks and large bones kept in front of the Fist. Between them and there destination, the Green Fist, a rival fist of Orcs, guarded the north cradle. They were young, small in numbers, but violent. Blackrock had already lost three warriors to the Green Fist. This was unacceptable. In order for the First Fist to continue, the Green Fist had to be eradicated.

The group moved into a grassy valley. On the other side, the Green Fist began to notice their presence. Shel and the other woman and children watched both Fists moved toward eachother. On her side of the valley, nothing but lava and death. On the other, more life then she had ever seen...
---
H'mog wandered south that night. He would see a lake as he reached the crest of the hill, and below him, Paloria and the humans. "Paloria!! I have found you!!" he said loudly, excited to at last see another being.

Paloria wondered at Aver's question. Then, with a small, sad smile, she responded, "No, not true gods. Humans were not meant for that path." The great dragon turned her head towards her own creations, who were staring intently at the two humans. "But you will be greater than all other creatures. You will have the power of gods, rest assured. However, your race will never escape death."

Sighing again, Paloria continued, "Your race, are like candles." Seeing Eng's confused glance, she explained, "candles are tall, skinny wax structures that carry a wick within them. When this wick is lit with fire it will burn for a long time, but this flame is easily put out." A pained expression showed on the goddess's face as she returned to her original analogy. "And like these candles, your flames burn brightly, but are short and easily snuffed out. It is for this reason that you will not become gods. It is for this reason that your will work harder and faster than any other creature, than any other god." Paloria petted the two humans' heads with her wing, attempting to show her mother-like nature.

Eira watches in amusement as the humans in amusement as they ask paloria questions nonstop. "the humans are.. amusing. I believe it is about time i made something so goodbye for now have fun with the humans sister." With that eira begins the long walk back to the northern pole of the planet to begin creating.

Aver was satisfied with that answer. Eng was not. "Goggins said I'd be a god." he insisted. It started to rain... A feeling of dread and deep anger filled the air at the moment the Eng's heart rejected Paloria's words. The light of mercy was fully gone, but the Allfather was not. Anger was palpable, but at the same time, the Allfather had a sense of control. Nonpa felt a presence. "Goggins has corrupted the humans. Nonpa, those who commit this atrocity, no matter the circumstances, cannot go unpunished. He shall not be slain. But he does not have the rights of my god-children."

"Brother, you new realm is young, and already you come to me to judge another?" Nonpa rose from his throne, and opened a portal to the new world. "Goggins, one of your creation, lied to your humanity? And I am to punish him for this? I thought this was YOUR creation?"

Hakku alighted upon the scorched soil of Paloria's Great Mount. Tall stones and ashen streams dotted its slopes. The fear-god didn't sense Paloria was home. He took back to the sky, seeking the dragon goddess in the cradle of the world. A scowl crossed his face as he noticed other beings were with her.

Regardless, business was to be done. Landing nearby, Hakku strode up to Polaria. A putrid scent came from him, and his eyes pierced those of Eng and Aver. His Blessed followed close behind. They towered over these primordial humans, and their blackened forms radiated a sense of strange power.

"Paloria." Hakku said.

Goggins felt a strange feeling in the air like a grim foreboding. The bird just shrugged, merrily went on his way then called out to all the other animals in the land "Creatures of the forest, Desert and Swamp I ask of you all to give a message. Call upon the gods of this realm and tell them there will be a grand feast in commemoration of our illustrious father's greatest creation The Humans. It will be held at the cradle of creation where we will feast and make merry for them. All animals are invited I ask predators and prey to put aside their differences for this one night to celebrate Eng and Aver" He said ecstatically.

He didn't really know what to do a next so Goggins turned into a lech took some nearby fruit then started to juggle them

The new race floundered thoughtlessly in their new home. Most wanted to stay near the mouth of the cave where plenty of Mayfly Berries grew in abundance but a curious few decided to explore. Rhakzu and three others were foolhardy enough to see what awaited them in the swamp. They only made it thirty meters before they were ambushed by a lone TreeHopper who pounced Qoopmag ripping him to little pieces. Rhakzu and Ninzughee froze in fear at their friends' gruesome demise. Zotzaadi tried to claw at the creature with all his might but his blunted nails couldn't even pierce the monster's skin. It noticed him then flew at Zotzaadi with such speed that it's horn impaled the tiny reptilian creature who started to writhe in pain as blood spurted from the hole now in his chest. Rhakzu and Ninzughee now woke from their stupor and ran with complete fear back towards the cave. They got back safely if only because Zotzaadi and Qoopmag acted as meals that distracted the beast. When they returned they told the group of flying creatures and of their brother's deaths.

The Allfather was distressed by the situation. "You are incorrect, Nonpa. This creature Goggins is not one of mine." He continued "Evil cannot be tolerated for creation to survive. Even the slightest droplet is toxic for a society. The slightest droplet causes the whole creation to become temporary."

Paloria sharpened her eyes as Hakku came into view. Her dragons ventured forward between Hakku's creations and the Humans. "Hello Brother Hakku. I know that you have power over your presence." The humans decided to hide behind Paloria's wings. "The Humans are new creatures. They are scared, frightened. Your presence and power is not helping." Returning to her human form and striding forward towards, Paloria stepped in front of Hakku, "I beseech you brother, lessen your power. If only for this short time."

"So be it", Nonpa replied. "I shall once again be your arbiter, on one condition". Nonpa opened 6 portals around himself. "I shall make myself a land for my six children, for them to make their land, separate from my creations. They shall do as they will, for once they enter your realm, they shall be independent of my will, as your creations are independent of yours."

@Lazzamore

Hakku scowled. "I am a god of fear, sister." He said. Nevertheless, the bird-god's stench faded to a musty odor, and his form took on a lighter tone.

"Paloria, I want to collaborate with you." Hakku said. "I want to combine our domains to make creatures beyond the sum of our parts."

The Allfather frowned. This was how it must be. "Very well, Nonpa. As long as their is evil in this world outside of your children, they may stay to act as the conflict over the dark of heart."

Paloria smiled at Hakku's reactions and words. "Thank you Hakku, your sense speaks far above your reign." Then, Paloria lightly nudged the humans towards Hakku. "Eng, Aver, this is my brother Hakku. While he is the god that rules over fear, there is nothing to fear in him. As fear cannot hurt you, you fear only fear itself." Paloria looked up at Hakku, and responded.

"You say you want to join, Hakku? What is it that you wish to do? While fire and fear are indeed compatible, I do not know what it is that I could possibly help you with."

Nonpa nodded, as his children exited from the portals. He then looked to them. "Prepare yourselves, my children". Nonpa pointed towards the portal to the new realm. "This place shall be your new home." The children nodded before their father, and went to their realms, to prepare.

The silent god had made his presence scared sense the small meeting on the mountain. The moment godly eyes were turned away from him he'd been gone without a trace, not to be found until he wished to be found again. As Paloria and Hakku chatted about a potential partnership he appeared behind his sister and before the mortals, looking down upon them curiously without a word. So these were the creations the Allfather seemed so protective of. Yes, they certainly did seem fragile and oh so confused. Yet so full of... curiosity.

Paloria was shocked by Hakku's offer. To join flame with fear, passion with flight. Hakku was insane, but it was an interesting idea. "Hakku, my dear brother, if I may, why do you seek this? Your creations are fearful enough. How can my fire and passion add anything to that which you have already created?" Flicking her tail, Paloria kept the two humans from venturing too close to Hakku's people of Led.

With a whisper to Eng and Aver, Paloria continued, "Do not mistake me, Hakku. I would be interested in undertaking this endeavor with you. I only wish to know the reason for it." With a smile Paloria turned slowly, separated the humans from Hakku's creations.

"Dear Eng and Aver, while you need not fear them, the People of Led are still dangerous, especially to you as you are now." Lowering her great reptilian head to their height, she continued, "You are still young and weak. Your great power will come from knowledge and numbers. Remember that, Little Ones. Do not engage that which you know nothing of. Always meet other beings with arms stretched in peace. Never forget this lesson."

"Then, my Brother Hakku, I will endorse this endeavor of yours. Let us create something new. I only ask that you do not harm my children as Goggins harmed them." Paloria stayed with the two humans and added to her response, "I will stay here with the humans until they have grown enough to fend for themselves. The other gods should be arriving soon."

Back