[IC] The Expedition Department

Mira glanced at Mystic the girls hostile attitude towards Rei worried her a bit. But she was sure she turn around fast enough. She looked at the Krua that the Gloz had send in their directionhappy there was an krua that wanted to join them he looked expierenced as well. “hey, yes that is right I am new, I am Thom’s girlfriend. He went on multiple expeditions before you might know him. ” Mira said refusing to use past tense whilst everybody else she knew would probably do. her glance fell on the little Weshy. “Well and that is Weshy I am sure he can join in, can he?” Mira asked a bit more happy.

Mystic spotted a small pebble and gently kicked at it. She was getting bored just discussing this expedition. She wanted to be exploring already, and it didn't help that she didn't trust Rei fully. However, he did seem to be quite experienced from what Ivear had said. Mystic would just have to take their word for it, although she would still remain on edge. Just in case, the Wali did prove dangerous to them.

Rozua turned to greet the glow that had ran up to him to talk but before he could say a word they disappeared once more leavin Rozua standing there jaw hanging open. He turned to sonny and gave a small shrug before glancing around at the other groups forming.

Jocra let out a yelp as without warning Ivear appeared beside him, and despite jumping into the air his bag stayed firmly flat. “Oh....there was a lot going on” He said after a moment of deep breathin, having finally regained his voice. He looked away almost embarrassed to admit that he had been scared off by the chaos.

Mystic began to get slightly frustrated with herself. She knew that The Gorge was very dangerous, and having someone around like Rei would help but she still couldn't bring herself to trust him. Maybe it was his swagger, but the Esky felt strangely scared and vulnerable when she was around him. It was almost as if... Mystic stopped her thought suddenly but returned to it again. Nah, that's not possible... I can't...

Rei’s shifted eyes darted back and forth from one group to another as the expeditions were organized. He found a boulder to lean against and let out an irritated sigh, longing for the thrill of an expedition again.

His thoughts drifted to scenes of clambering over rocky terrain and climbing steep inclines with nothing but his wit and his will- and not to mention his claws- to keep him alive. He yearned for the exhilaration he felt when he experienced a rush of adrenaline, when he could feel the blood coursing through his veins and the thud of his heart beat threatened to drown out any ambient sound. He needed action before he went crazy.

Then his eyes fell on the two closest to him, Mira and Mystic. Though they seemed nice enough he got the feeling they weren’t at all pleased with his behavior earlier; he’d have to prove himself on this expedition. Of course, Rei certainly didn’t mind. He loved a challenge as much as the next guy. Even so, one couldn’t trust his allies if they hated him so he made a mental note that increasing his favor among the expeditioners should be of top priority. It was in light of this plan that he fought the impulse to voice his discontent regarding the wait, instead decided to sharpen his stone blade with a rock he found nearby.

Ivear gave Jocra an understanding smile. “Things get pretty hectic,” she commented as she looked at two Krua having a wrestling match, “but in the end, the Gorge still unites us. Mira, the new Gloz, I think you’d like her. She’s very considerate.” Ivear pointed with a slender hand. “Just be sure to be nice back.”

Jehan sighed. “She does that a lot. Ivear always has something to do, somewhere to go, or someone to talk to.” He chuckled a bit. “Anyway, you three want to make a expedition, right? We still need an Esky.” He glanced around, hoping he didn’t say that too loud.

Piefa perked up. She had just finished furnishing the Rezir horn Mystic got her into a lovely drill-grip. However, when she heard that someone needed an Esky, she was ecstatic. Oh, she needs so many things! Jekranu rock, Terpox shells, Hegra plates, Rezir horns, and of course, more metal and glass. Her stockpile had gotten low, so she might as well go on a expedition.
She quickly walked over to the group. “Heard you need an Esky.” She piped as she stared up at the Krua and Gloz. She heard Jehan sigh, which made her smirk.

Mystic noticed that Rei had gone over to sit on a rock. She took a deep breath, mustering up her courage and walked over to him. She was going to make the first move to trust him, despite the events that occurred earlier. She said, "Hey, I'll be honest I don't completely trust you... but I'm willing to try. We're going to be on an expedition together after all." Mystic spots Piefa near Jehan, and waves at her politely.

Mira smiled weakly at the man that Mystic had called Ageoh. “yes indeed he is.” She answered. Immediately after that she pushed the thought of Thom away smiled brightly at Ageoh and said “great I am sure he wouldn’t hinder us. he never does.” Mira looked around to see that Mystic had walked off towards Rei. She was happy to see the girl tried to put her hatred next to her and tried to talk with the Waly. “well so when are we going?” Mira asked. If it was her decision they would already be in the Gorge.

Ageoh glanced at Ivear, who was talking to another Gloz.
“As soon as she convinces that guy to join us I assume.” He sighed, dreaming of burrowing new tunnels and discovering new treasures.

As Mystic approached Rei was scanning the room with narrowed eyes and arms crossed, waiting silently for her to speak and then nodding slowly. “Thank you,” he said in a genuine tone. “Here,” he reached out suddenly dropping something into her hand. It was a stone knife similar to the one he always used except the hilt was curved and the blade was made from a shiny, lighter shade of rock. He frequently made knives and tools but it felt right to make this one for Mystic since he had impulsively threatened her.

Mystic takes the knife and says, "Thanks. And you're very welcome." She takes out her bow and shows it to him, the carvings profound and stunning. "It was my grandmother's. She was one of the first Eskies to discover the Gorge. She was killed by a..." Her sentence trailed off and small pearly tears began to fall down Mystic's face. She stroked the golden, red, wood of the bow and looked up at the other Eskies as they go about their business. Some are making weapons and tools, others are looking to join expeditions, still, a couple others are simply resting. It was just then when she noticed how crowded the EC really was. For some reason, this bothered Mystic despite the fact she wasn't claustrophobic...

Last edited:
Mira looked over at Ivear who was talking to an another Gloz she recognized as the shy one. “right, well I am going to introduce myself” she said to Ageoh. Then she proceed on floating towards the two. “hey, my name is Mira and this is Weshy’ she said to the Gloz’ pointing at the little blue Weshy who followed her closely. She hoped that introducing herself would confince the Gloz to join in. She also liked to meet up the new member of the expedition group.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Rei’s expression remained indifferent, although his tone conveyed a hint of concern. With a quick glance around the room he sighed and began to pace restlessly. All these people gathered here and yet they were just standing around rather than embarking on some thrilling adventure. There was just no sense in it, at least as far as Rei was concerned. “I’m ready, time to get this going,” he stated rather to himself than anyone in particular.

Mystic angrily wiped at a couple tears and replied to Rei, "It's not your fault. In fact, I barely knew her. I was born 2 days after she died. But, she left the bow and arrows with my mom. I inherited them too." As Rei stated that he was ready to go, she stood and draped the bow over her shoulder. She was ready to leave for their expedition as well. She walked over to Mira and another Gloz and spoke, her voice slightly weak, but strong at the same time, "Do you know when we leave?"

Jocra paused glancing away before softly asking, “I am not sure if you asked me or not, I haven’t really been paying attention much but may I join your group?” He asked slowly, his embarrassment simply oozing from his voice. He could feel his face begin to turn red as a combination of his embarrassment and shyness made the situation worse.

Rozua looked over at an esky who had just approached him and sonny, and a large smile spread across his scaley face, “Yeah, you want to join us? I am sure Sonny won’t mind, right?” He said turning towards the unusually quite Gloz. Sonny hadn’t really been talking much though Rozua didn’t feel the need to press him to.

“that is amazing, where do we sign up?” Mira said enthusiastic while she floats up and down. She laughed at Weshy who sensed her enthusiasm and also floated up and down while producing high itched squeals. She couldn’t wait to start the adventure.

“Over here. Hmm... 300 feet And some satchels good enough?” She said, looking at the equipment.
Ageoh shrugged and started filling his pockets with rocks. He was itching to go on an expedition.

Back