Journey Into the Unknown: A Star Wars RP IC

Setzer Branford

Setzer received Ferriath's message and gave another cheeky grin to the padawans. "Go on, I'll watch the ship." As he watched the padawans leave he contacted Ferriath. "Message received Ferriath, be advised the padawans chose to hijack one of the pirate's ships so if you sense me there, that's why. On the bright side it was a very smooth hijacking." He chuckled. Aside from that leg wound he noticed on Jandrik, the mission seemed to be going well so far. He hoped the council will see as much.

Jandrik Draelyr (Small Village, Ragern)

He nodded to Knight Setzer. "May the force be with you." He returned, before motioning Roshion to head out. They traveled for a bit before coming into the small town. It appeared old and a bit run down, but the people weren't walking around with chains around their neck, or screaming in pain as pirates flew down from ships, blasters blasting. It is quite... quaint here, Jandrik thought to himself as they walked down the road. The people gave the two a wide berth, eyeing the Jedi robes with caution.

Jandrik pulled Roshion aside and whispered to her, "I think we could cover more ground and gain more information if we split up. Meet back in the ship in... say... one hour?" He kept his hood pulled low, to not reveal his stunning red eyes. Something strange tingled at the base of Jandrik's spine. Like something strange was nearby. Strange... and powerful. He tried to shrug it off as they stood there, but the more he tried to forget it the more he noticed the feeling pulling at him.

Roshion Frunger:

"Well let's get going," Roshion said as they started toward the town. The town seemed normal to Roshion, as if they were not under a pirate invasion. Roshion was surprised when Jandrik recommend they split up, but maybe he knew something she didn't. Maybe it is just about finding information faster, but she felt something wrong with the plan. Frowning she wandered deeper into the town. Roshion didn't find many people just kids and a few old folk, reaching the center of the town she found a small group of elderly towns people standing around talking, she decided to start her investigation there. As Roshion came closer to the group they turned to face her, "hello stranger, might I ask you what your doing her?" An old man with a blaster in hand asked.

"I am part of the Jedi envoy your people requested," Roshion answered. "I am just looking for information about the pirates."

"We were starting to wonder if anyone cared about us all the way out here. The pirates attacked about five days ago. They took all the able bodied people and headed for some cave in the Grader mountains, over yonder," the elderly man explained. "We were going to go have a look for ourselves, but we are not strong enough to make the climb and they took all the speeders with them and we have to keep the younglings safe. I wish we could give you more help."

"That's perfectly fine, I understand your need to protect the young. Do you have a map of the mountains? It would help us find the cave," Roshion said.

The old man handed Roshion a map, "Here you go it is not complit, but it should help you find the cave."

"Thank you, I will do all I can to bring your people back safely," Roshion said before turning and heading back to the ship.

As Roshion walked further down the road, Jandrik took a side path into a different part of town. His head was throbbing now, and he had to lean against a wall to steady himself. A passerby saw the distraught man and shook his head slowly, muttering, "Drunks..." to himself as he walked on. Jandrik didn't care. It felt like something was yanking his soul apart, and he couldn't do anything about it. He stood there motionless as the minutes ticked by before the the feeling faded away. A cold sweat covered his body as he looked around. He couldn't tell how much time had passed, but he had a feeling the hour would be up soon.

I can't return with nothing, he thought to himself as he approached a man cleaning a strange metal instrument. The feeling was becoming a distant memory, pushed in the back of Jandrik's mind.

"Hello there." Jandrik said to the man, bowing in respect. The man looked at the young Jedi and cocked an eyebrow.

"What can I do you for?" He asked as he continued to clean the instrument.

"Well," Jandrik said, glancing around, "My friends and I were sent here by the Jedi Council to assist you from some pirates?"

"Aye, we asked for help. No one came though so we just sat here and went about our lives."

Jandrik nodded solemnly. "Do you know what the pirates wanted here?"

"Nah. They said something about some object they were looking for, but that's it." The man glared at Jandrik as he put the instrument away. "If you want to help us, then leave. We don't need your help no more, you'll just bring more attention to us."

Jandrik took a step back, shocked. Without saying anything else the man got up and entered his home, shutting the door behind him. Jandrik frowned and looked at the sky again. Guess it's time to head back, he thought to himself as he began walking back the way he had came, the strange sensation gone from his mind.

Ferriath Quugh (Shadow Quugh)
Ferriath used a force jump from her location just outside of the clear landing area of the ship and landed right on the ramp. She walked up the ramp and into the ship, using the force to guide her to Setzer's location. She found him rather quickly.

"Did you feel it? I could sense it, even from the planet's surface. I was sitting in the cockpit of my starfighter and I felt the dark side. It came from one of the padawans. Hate, anger, fear, and subsequent terror. It was only an instant, but it was strong. Strong enough to outweigh the draw of this planet. It came from the padawan that was worried about his force power back on coruscant."

She closed her eyes and held out her hand as if searching for something. Her eyes popped open and she led Setzer to the Cockpit, a specific body.

"There. Look at the clothes and burns. Those aren't from a lightsaber, as the body hasn't been cut....it looks like high heat.....almost electricity. I don't think I need to say it, but this mission has gotten very dangerous. This planet........isn't normal. I can feel it calling to me. It is trying to lead me somewhere through the force. It is strong. It isn't.............necessarily the dark side. I can't tell. But if a padawan has become powerful enough to use a dark side trait with such intensity, I have no doubt that he can feel the planets pull on him through the force. I am....cautious of where that may take them......and even more intrigued of why these things are happening."

She hoped Setzer could understand her meaning. Sometimes, due to a Sentinels accurate tuning to the force and the job of finding dark side artifacts, they sometimes felt things....differently than Guardians or Consulars.

Setzer Branford

As Ferriath explained the her experience sensing the dark side, he was reminded of that one instant before the padawans landed the ship. It was only for a moment, but he saw an intense flash of red aura pulsate from the cockpit. He thought it might've been an intense burst of rage from one of the pirates as they died, but with her explanation, the pieces to the puzzle started to form together.

He turned to his fellow knight. "When last I saw Jandrik, the padawan you speak of, I noticed what looked like a blaster injury on his leg that he healed with bacta. I also sensed an intense aura of rage being emitted from this room, but only for an instant. It's possible that when he got injured, he gave into his fear for one brief moment and lashed out to protect himself. If this is the case we need to find whatever darkness is pulling you and destroy it. If it's affecting the boy this badly, then not only is he at risk, but Roshion and every inhabitant on this planet is in grave danger."

With that he stood up and moved towards the door. "Come on, if you can get me to what you're sensing, there's a chance I can figure out what it is."

She gently grabbed Setzer's shoulder to keep him from leaving. She agreed with a lot of what she said, and she was glad that he felt some of the same things. It would make it easier to figure something out.

"Wait, Setzer. I don't think we should interfere yet. While I agree, the game has changed a bit, it is still the Padawans mission. I don't think we have enough evidence to hijack the mission and begin to do our thing....yet. I think we should call the Padawans back to the ship and just act like we are checking up on their progress. One of us should stay with them at all times, and watch over Jandrik. They should still lead the mission and call the shots, but we should take more of a hands-on role instead of just sitting back completely. I don't think we should tell them about this yet either. It may conflict Jandrik, and they certainly need full focus on the mission. We should just be more cautious and keep our eyes open.

I can poke around a bit and do some investigating, but still, leave the overall situation to the padawans. I have my starfighter here, with my hyperspace dock. If anything else happens, I think we should contact the council. We can send a message to my droid in the ship, who will relay it through the dock to the temple on Coruscant. If they give us the go, we can take over, but till then, leave it to the padawans. They need to learn how to deal with things of this nature.

I may not fully agree with the teaching of the council, but I still respect their authority and care about my fellow Jedi. I know I wouldn't want anyone to step in for me on this mission. Not yet, at least. Let's see if the padawans have any more information. Then we can cross-reference our current knowledge with theirs and revisit this issue. Does that sound alright? Oh....and here, this the frequency of my starfighter if you need to send a message to the temple...and use this frequency if you need to speak to only me. The padawans won't hear it on this channel."

She then gave him the frequencies as she began debating the next move. She needed to do a bit of investigating on her own, but not fully take over the mission from the padawans. An interesting situation.

Setzer Branford

He turned to face Ferriath as she grabbed his shoulder and as he listened to her argument, he had to admit that she did have a point. As much as he wanted to keep the padawans safe from the dark side's influence, an important test for becoming a knight is learning to resist its influence.

"I followed the padawans with my force sense as they were leaving, they planned to split up and search the area for information, then return to the ship and cross-reference what they found. They should be returning soon. You make a good point, once we hear what they've found we'll stay behind and cross reference. If we stay the original course, I'll keep an eye on them and you can investigate. Call me if you find something, and I'll do the same if the three of us need backup. Deal?"

She smiled at Setzer. This could actually be a fun mission.

"Deal. I'll let you know if I find something of interest. You know, I just thought this would be a glorified babysitting mission. This may actually turn out to be entertaining.......the padawans are approaching. I can feel them. I'm still sensing some confliction within Jandrik. We should ask him about his feelings, and if he is feeling anything within the force."

He approached the "liberated" pirate ship, noting that Roshion seemed to be walking up at the same time. At least I'm not late, he thought to himself as he strode up to walk next to her. Together they walked into the ship, Jandrik noting the strange glance Setzer and Ferriath gave him as he walked past. Huh, didn't expect Ferriath to show. He walked to a small room with a circular table in the center and took a seat, waiting for Roshion to tell him what she learned. Something tugged at Jandrik in the back of his mind, but it was as inconvenient as a mosquito bite.

Roshion Frunger:

Roshion followed Jandrik into the ship. Sitting at the table Roshion pulled the map the old man had given her, "so it seems like the pirates attacked the village and took the people to a cave here in these mountains," Roshion explained pointing at the Grader mountains. "They couldn't tell me exactly where it was and they won't be anymore help, because they have to look after a lot of younglings. You find anything useful?" Roshion asked Jandrik before jumping into making a plan to save the people of Ragern.

Well at least one of us got something, you idiot, Jandrik thought to himself. He studied the map with interest, noting the simplicity of it. "Unfortunately I didn't get anything. Some people weren't quite as happy to help a Jedi." Jandrik replied, nodding sadly. He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but closed it again. I'll keep this weird feeling to myself. It must be affecting the others as well. Something with the force I would guess. He instead asked a different question, "Do you think we can trust them? If you say so I will follow, but I don't want to end up dead in some cave."

Roshion Frunger:

"Well they didn't know exactly where the pirates were, so if it is a trap, we can't exactly walk right into it," Roshion explained with a smile. "I guess we just head for the mountains and look around until we find the pirates. It probably won't be too hard, because they have to be a pretty large group with the villagers and all. We should probable tell the knights our plan before we head out."

Setzer Branford

"No need. We heard everything." Setzer said as he moved from behind the doorway. "Your plan is sound, seeing as it will take you farther away from the ship, I'll follow behind you at a distance to better observe, and Ferriath here will keep to the shadows. If either of you feel you need backup, don't be afraid to let us know." He turned his head towards Jandrik to observe his aura, it was once again that same orange color it was when he first observed the padawan in the briefing room, the boy's conflictions were starting to worry him.

Not wanting to worry Jandrik, he gave another reassuring smile. "That's what we're here for right?"

She approached the padawans. "Even if it is a trap, and they can't be trusted. There is always only 1 thing do. Spring the trap, of course......on that note, what are you both feeling in regards to the force? Emotions, senses, even theories. We want to hear all about it no matter how minuscule you think it might be."

She opened her senses so she could observe them and the force as they spoke. They could use all the information they could get.​

Roshion Frunger:

"I feel fine, I was a little worried about my plan to hijack they enemy ship, but since then everything seems normal," Roshion explained. Roshion didn't know why Ferriath was asking the question now instead of at the end of the mission, but she just wint along with it.

"Well, I feel... uncertain about my powers. They have manifested in different ways." He paused, searching for the words. It didn't feel the right time to reveal the lightning. Something in the back of his mind assured him that it would be important later, but not now. "I feel a strange presence here. As if something is pulling at me, calling me to it. Are you experiencing the same feeling?" Jandrik asked. He noticed the way Ferriath was studying him, and unconsciously tried to project his emotions away. Something feels... wrong about this, he thought to himself suddenly. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

She raised her eyebrows as Jandrik talked about his power manifesting and how something was pulling at him. She could also tell he was not telling exactly everything. She looked over at Setzer, wishing she could just link with his mind to converse about this. "Padawan Jandrik. I feel the pull as well. In my experience, only the force can do this, whether it be from an individual, artifact, or even a force sensitive place. However, I have not known of this place being listed as force sensitive in the archive. It isn't a dark side pull...it doesn't feel like the sith. No other Jedi has been dispatched, and the archive has no record of Jedi artifacts being on this planet. I'm at a loss. It could be Sith related.....but in all my time as a Sentinel, I have never felt a Sith or Sith artifact create this kind of feeling."

She let a sigh as she began to think.

"Setzer, part of me thinks that we should contact counsel on this presence. The other part thinks that whatever is causing this reaction in both Padawan Jandrik and myself, is related as to why the pirates are here and we should go investigate. It needs to be investigated, I just feel unprepared for as to what it might be. Your opinion?"

Setzer Branford

Setzer folded his arms as he thought aloud. "Hmm, if it's not a dark side essence in nature, then theoretically we should have nothing to worry about. But it could be older than the dark side of the force itself, or a new aspect of the force all together. Possibilities are endless. Let's take things one step at a time. We should find whatever is pulling the two of you and stop the pirates from acquiring it. Once they've been dealt with, we can decide whether to call the council to investigate this artifact."

Roshion Frunger:

"We can't turn back now. We have every advantage possible and we will be able to find out the real truth. If we try to make contact with the order we could loss the element of surprize and give the pirates time to cover up their work, we still do not even know where they are in the mountains, we need more time," Roshion explained hopping Setzer and Ferriath would let her complete the mission.

Back